Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....our wishes that Sheri's family lawyers will look into possible church donations have come true! Coincidence? I think not!
Wow.gif

If you knew you were not guilty of this crime, would you not assume that life insurance would pay for the funerals? I would. What was the need for a 'bereavement fund'? On the day of the funerals? I could see starting one later on if there was some problem or glitch with the life insurance. But AT the funerals?

ITA! And this can be added to Wrinkles list of facts to show that CC is guilty!

I have to catch up with the thread, but it looks like this article was just posted on the web:

read more at http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/815996.html

There are some interesting comments to that article. My favorite says that both GC and JMM have been brought into a financial investigation by Carey - Look what the Lord has done.

The poster took JM's words right out of her mouth.

Nope - he's an adult.

---snipped---
So, again if it works the same in CC's venue as it does in some others, the family will get an expensive attorney and pay the attorney's fee up front, then CC will become indigent and the citizens will pick up the tab for all the "investigative" nonsense that follows.

That's what I was afraid of. Unless he pleads out, we're in for quite a show.

They made demands and those who didn't give were "shunned by the other members". Wow.....

The more we keep hearing this theme over and over from different sources, the more I lean towards the possibility that these are not just rumors. :eek:

Another interesting point in the article was that GC is not in good standing with the IL Sec of State:

"Grace Church Ministries incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in 2007.

The corporation is not in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State for failure to file a 2009 annual report, a half-page document that lists the board of directors."

IIRC, JMM had similar issues in the past.

The more we keep hearing this theme over and over from different sources, the more I lean towards the possibility that these are not just rumors. :eek:

I was one who didn't believe it in the beginning - but I have changed my ways! I believe!!! :)

Kim....I hate to generalize....but this is typical of small town fundamentalist evangelical churches.

It is no wonder that we have heard very little from "members" of Grace Church on this board or any others. They are probably very fearful of what could happen in retribution.....and I do not mean just shunning.

I am going to go a bit further here. What is the view of Grace Church toward women in general? What we have read about CC brother and the way he treated his wife in his divorce just leaves me to wonder what sort upbringing they had as a sons and more importantly how they treat and value women in their belief system.

Kim....I hate to generalize....but this is typical of small town fundamentalist evangelical churches.

It is no wonder that we have heard very little from "members" of Grace Church on this board or any others. They are probably very fearful of what could happen in retribution.....and I do not mean just shunning.

I am going to go a bit further here. What is the view of Grace Church toward women in general? What we have read about CC brother and the way he treated his wife in his divorce just leaves me to wonder what sort upbringing they had as a sons and more importantly how they treat and value women in their belief system.

I don't know about their belief in regards to women - but since Connie is also a pastor (does she preach, or is it just a title), I wouldn't think they would be of the "women are the handmaidens" type. But, who knows - it's very possible. I agree with your assessment of the small town fundamentalist evangelical churches - I've seen that in other churches in other towns.

Another interesting point in the article was that GC is not in good standing with the IL Sec of State:

"Grace Church Ministries incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in 2007.

The corporation is not in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State for failure to file a 2009 annual report, a half-page document that lists the board of directors."

IIRC, JMM had similar issues in the past.

This doesn't bother me too much. I've had to file a corporate "meeting" report to the state before and its just to let the state know who is running the company each year. It has nothing to do with how it is run or any financial information.

As far as I'm concerned, it just shows lazy bookkeeping!

Also, I wish someone from GC would get on here and tell us some things - like what they're afraid of - what kind of retaliation. Since they would be anonymous, they shouldn't have to fear anything as long as they stay away from anything that would be a clue as to who they are.

QUOTE] <respectfully snipped> BBM cuz I didn't snip it right!
Good point - although I hate to think about it!!!

There are a few churches in our small town. One used to be very outgoing, would send stuff in the mail telling you what you were missing, had ads all over the place...and I kept hearing rumors of woe about them. They have since toned it down a lot - I hope they realized that their forcefulness was turning people off around here. I don't think they are a "cult" though, just overzealous for a time.

Our church is small, quiet, doesn't ask for donations, (there's a box set to the side of where you come in for tithes and such if you are led to donate), and we don't grow much. But, we love newcomers and the Bible and singing and doing stuff together as a family and just "keep it simple". When I am there, I feel like I'm home! :) No one is ever pushed to do anything! And when someone leaves the church, no one gossips about it that I'm aware of! We just hope they found a church that they enjoy and that they continue to grow in the Lord.

I'm gushy today, aren't I? LOL! :crazy:

Our church is small, quiet, doesn't ask for donations, (there's a box set to the side of where you come in for tithes and such if you are led to donate), and we don't grow much. But, we love newcomers and the Bible and singing and doing stuff together as a family and just "keep it simple". When I am there, I feel like I'm home! :) No one is ever pushed to do anything! And when someone leaves the church, no one gossips about it that I'm aware of! We just hope they found a church that they enjoy and that they continue to grow in the Lord.

snipped by me -

Sounds like you have a great church! I'd love to find one like that, but most around here are not. They are large and clique-ish - it's hard to feel welcome in a church like that. Plus, fear isn't exactly the Godly way to keep members compliant.

HEY! I think I just exposed myself to everyone! Now y'all know how "alien" I really am!
alieninpool.gif

My last post got me to thinking (now I'm talking to myself :crazy:) - about fear in GC.
People who "fear" the pastor or members of a church and pretend to be someone they are not - a good definition of CC. And if his fear was of the people and not God, then he probably was having to repress the REAL CC.
Fear of the unknown - fear of God - I guess that could be a good thing - but people who truly believe probably don't "fear" God - I would think they "respect" him.
I don't know if any of this makes sense - just throwing some ideas around. BTW, I'm not saying GC caused CC to do what he did - :waitasec:

I'm in over my head here - maybe someone else can put this into an understandable hypothesis.....

I have to start cooking for father's day dinner!

snipped by me -

Sounds like you have a great church! I'd love to find one like that, but most around here are not. They are large and clique-ish - it's hard to feel welcome in a church like that. Plus, fear isn't exactly the Godly way to keep members compliant.

You're always welcome to join us! :blowkiss:

Just remember that our state is the second highest in unemployment right now...just under Michigan.:eek:

My last post got me to thinking (now I'm talking to myself :crazy:) - about fear in GC.
People who "fear" the pastor or members of a church and pretend to be someone they are not - a good definition of CC. And if his fear was of the people and not God, then he probably was having to repress the REAL CC.
Fear of the unknown - fear of God - I guess that could be a good thing - but people who truly believe probably don't "fear" God - I would think they "respect" him.
I don't know if any of this makes sense - just throwing some ideas around. BTW, I'm not saying GC caused CC to do what he did - :waitasec:

I'm in over my head here - maybe someone else can put this into an understandable hypothesis.....

I have to start cooking for father's day dinner!

I think I hear what you are saying and I know that when I first became a Christian, I had a hard time understanding "fear of the Lord". I didn't come from a Christian background and my father wasn't compassionate or "fair". I still have weird "fears" sometimes that probably stem from childhood. But, fear of the Lord to me today means that I want to know more about Him so I can live in the joy and peace that He promises and not the consequences of my own mistakes. I still make mistakes, I still do things I wish I didn't do, but I have peace in knowing I have divine protection. Most of all (in the realm of our discussion of Grace church), I have NO FEAR of the church or the people in it who might not be who they say they are. If my church started making demands on me, I would leave and let God deal with the crap they were stirring. I would FREAK if our church asked for donations to get my pastor's son out of trouble! It just wouldn't happen!!!

I think I hear what you are saying and I know that when I first became a Christian, I had a hard time understanding "fear of the Lord". I didn't come from a Christian background and my father wasn't compassionate or "fair". I still have weird "fears" sometimes that probably stem from childhood. But, fear of the Lord to me today means that I want to know more about Him so I can live in the joy and peace that He promises and not the consequences of my own mistakes. I still make mistakes, I still do things I wish I didn't do, but I have peace in knowing I have divine protection. Most of all (in the realm of our discussion of Grace church), I have NO FEAR of the church or the people in it who might not be who they say they are. If my church started making demands on me, I would leave and let God deal with the crap they were stirring. I would FREAK if our church asked for donations to get my pastor's son out of trouble! It just wouldn't happen!!!

ITA!! That's what I was trying to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member