Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, "divine protection" doesn't mean I "get away with it". I still have consequences. But I know the Lord is in charge of those consequences. If I killed someone (NEVER WILL, but just saying), I would EXPECT God to allow me to go to jail. I would just know that if I were truly repentent of what I did, He would protect me in prison. Hope that makes sense.

I was doing a bit of research on Sheri's friends and realized that Meegan Turnbeaugh (who has done so much for the memorial) and Christine Cincotta (In the picture with Sheri on her Myspace) work together in IT at JMM. So, would it be logical to say that both of these women also knew CC quite well?

Earlier, I wondered if CC may have "used" other JMM employees to gain information regarding information systems at JMM, possibly in the attempt to further discredit or defraud JMM or to obtain financial information. If CC was planning to extort $$$ from JMM, either by blackmail or through a wrongful death suit in the murders etc, he may have insinuated himself in IT security matters in order to breach the system and manipulate or "steal" information. I find it interesting that her two best friends from JMM are both in IT.

This could definitely be a part of the money trail.

I was doing a bit of research on Sheri's friends and realized that Meegan Turnbeaugh (who has done so much for the memorial) and Christine Cincotta (In the picture with Sheri on her Myspace) work together in IT at JMM. So, would it be logical to say that noth of these women also knew CC quite well?

Earlier, I wondered if CC may have "used" other JMM employees to gain information regarding information systems at JMM, possibly in the attempt to further discredit or defraud JMM or to obtain financial information. If CC was planning to extort $$$ from JMM, either by blackmail or through a wrongful death suit in the murders etc, he may have insinuated himself in IT security matters in order to breach the system and manipulate or "steal" information. I find it interesting that her two best friends from JMM are both in IT.

Great sleuthing! :clap: And VERY interesting!!! :eek:

I was doing a bit of research on Sheri's friends and realized that Meegan Turnbeaugh (who has done so much for the memorial) and Christine Cincotta (In the picture with Sheri on her Myspace) work together in IT at JMM. So, would it be logical to say that both of these women also knew CC quite well?

Sorry for quoting myself - I'm like a dog with a bone :) I see that "Sal Cincotta" is quoted as the IT Manager for JMM, and is also listed as a former employee of Microsoft. I wonder if Christine is his daughter? Either way, there's a definite potential for "breach" of IT security!

I wonder if these folks are all thinking the same thing?

This makes me question whether CC is a stupid as a stone, or as crafty as a serpent. . . . He had those attorneys on retainer by the end of the day - and JM was there at the beginning. I really wonder what this guy knows. . .

Wow Lindadanette! These players are just weaving all around! Pretty pic of Sheri on that link...I can't get over what a lovely person she appeared to be.
ththsad.gif

I think today we should think of Sheri's Dad. If any of you read his post last month on legacy.com you could feel the regret in it, feeling like he had time to make up for whatever he thought he was missing. He thought he had time. Chris took that away from him.

I don't even know how to say Happy Fathers Day to that man.

All this talk of the donation to the church, the $250,000 especially makes me wonder if the Colemans are running defense contributions through the church, in the hope that the donor gets a tax deduction, on money that should not be tax deductable.

Greetings WaterlooInspector,

Kim....I hate to generalize....but this is typical of small town fundamentalist evangelical churches.

It is no wonder that we have heard very little from "members" of Grace Church on this board or any others. They are probably very fearful of what could happen in retribution.....and I do not mean just shunning.

I am going to go a bit further here. What is the view of Grace Church toward women in general? What we have read about CC brother and the way he treated his wife in his divorce just leaves me to wonder what sort upbringing they had as a sons and more importantly how they treat and value women in their belief system.

WOW... I recognize that you were generalizing, but just have to hop in and say that I have participated in small town churches - "spirit filled" type, Bible believing (one for 8 years, one for about 5). The church bodies, the people in them, were mostly hugely loving, never perfect (no one is perfect - churches, cities, everything is filled with imperfect people.) The pastors were warm, caring, giving and open to discussion, even to debate if one felt they had a "bone to pick" type of discussion to pursue (i.e. "Pastor, I kinda have an issue about something you said, can we discuss?) In no way, in either of these churches was there a "cult" type leading by the pastor or a "shunning" type of behavior (although if there were huge problems, there are things we have to deal with as family -- i.e. if my son were an addict and reaking havoc, I might tell him "Son, you can't come here until you get sorted" and the similar thing can happen in a church body/family with a member). The pastors wives were wonderful, they were real people, they were not perfect, even as their husbands and members of the body were not perfect -- but the hearts of all the people, for the most part, were open and lovely, and willing to move to the goal (from pastor to member). Remembering, people join churches often because they feel a conviction that there is a better way and they need to get on it -- they all recognize that they are imperfect. People can start from some very bad places when they first come on board, and along the way, temptation and "the flesh" can really get in the way of every and anyone -- walking the walk is a challenge.

Mind you, we are on the left coast, so things may be far different in "our parts" than elsewhere, but oh my goodness, if the pastor had even tried to play demigod -- there would have been a huge problem in either of these churches. People would have said, "Pastor, we need to discuss...", or they would have lovingly gone to board members to discuss (and with the pastor), and/or if they felt the problem was really big, they would have called in the church leadership that was over the particular church (i.e. the pastors had pastors.)

Needless to say, I have not experienced what you mention -- good thing, I wouldn't have tolerated it, nor would my husband. On the other hand, we are not in a church body to try to push our pastor around, nor are we there for him to push us around, we are all there working for one purpose -- looking for truth, walking in its way.

You wrote:
>>I am going to go a bit further here. What is the view of Grace Church toward women in general?<<

This was something I listened for in the several online voice messages by RC. He seemed to honor his wife as someone who was "help mate" and respected (i.e. she had qualities that were valuable, she was someone he could learn from). In fact, he even "lifted her up" so to speak, for something she did which I also thought was commendable. I did not think he diminished her, on the contrary, and I didn't think he "exalted her" in any other way but that which I thought was "right and healthy" and although I felt that there was some err in his messages, I didn't hear a disrespect of his wife or women. Of course, I only listened to 2 sermons.

Just some thoughts along the lines of the discussion. I cannot even imagine what you said here:

>>They are probably very fearful of what could happen in retribution.....and I do not mean just shunning.<<

Can you tell me what you mean above? I have never experienced anything like this. Do you have some actual experiences that you can share?

I think today we should think of Sheri's Dad. If any of you read his post last month on legacy.com you could feel the regret in it, feeling like he had time to make up for whatever he thought he was missing. He thought he had time. Chris took that away from him.

I don't even know how to say Happy Fathers Day to that man.
This is a wonderful idea for today and my thoughts and prayers go out to him. It can't be a "happy" Fathers' Day at all. :cry:

All this talk of the donation to the church, the $250,000 especially makes me wonder if the Colemans are running defense contributions through the church, in the hope that the donor gets a tax deduction, on money that should not be tax deductable.
The IRS will be all over them if this is true and the consequences would be severe. :behindbar MOO

Hello Lajr56,

If you knew you were not guilty of this crime, would you not assume that life insurance would pay for the funerals? I would. What was the need for a 'bereavement fund'? On the day of the funerals? I could see starting one later on if there was some problem or glitch with the life insurance. But AT the funerals?

Good question... Insurance does not always immediately pay off, on the contrary. While it might pay in the future, there is still the need to cover immediate costs. There are many who would, in care and concern (thinking you were a victim of a terrible crime against your family), chip in to assist on covering things -- so they do.

BTW, dealing with the loss of 3 family members all at once, even if you got some type of discount would probably be fairly expensive (I would be very interested in the local funeral bill in Chester.) One of my High School classmates is one of the local funeral home owners where we are, and has always been very forthright in answering my questions -- there are costs that must be paid for so many things, businesses cannot just give their work away or they cannot stay in business. Even if they felt impelled to do things at cost, I can't imagine that the handling of 3 deceased with coffins, vaults, plots (a cost at the local cemetery), etc. would be cheap.

Later on, if/when a life insurance policy pays off, it certainly seems like a person "might" consider contacting those who helped early on saying, "You helped me when I was hurting and didn't have the money to pay for 3 funerals, may I now pay you back?" Many would never accept that...they gifted from their hearts. On the other hand, I suppose it is possible that a funeral director, if you were very close to them, could look at a life insurance policy/policies and say -- I'll give you credit. It is kinda left to the business person, I might guess. And I might guess that the funeral director would be looking at the situation as well -- were this a car accident, where the last family member were away, I would say the whole situation would be completely different than looking at a situation where a guy who said he went to the gym, leaving a sleeping family, only to come back an hour and 8 minutes later to finding them all strangled. But, who knows...

A friend of mine once asked me for a suggestion about the monetary gift they should take to a particular funeral (a murder victim, their ex-husband), i.e. this was in their religious training -- it was customary to assist the bereaved family financially. I had never heard of that, but would certainly have been open to it, I just had never heard of this being some type of custom or "set" type of requirement. To me, attending a funeral is paying "respect" and showing love for the deceased -- I might send flowers/card or contribute to something on their behalf, but I have never felt that I am required to do anything, much less help pay the bills of anyone else (nor do I feel that anyone is required to help pay my bills). No one who has ever invited me to a funeral ever had any ulterior motive in inviting except to pay respect -- at least, I have never felt that. If I did anything to help the person pay bills, that would be completely voluntary -- I have NEVER felt pressured, and if I was, it would not be acceptable to me.

I do not find it entirely odd that a "bereavement" collection might be taken (I certainly wouldn't if it was a car accident, especially with mom and 2 children dying). People's hearts are generally very open at such great losses as that of a friend/s and/or loved one/s -- and aching for themselves and the relatives. I think that, however, IF there was a death or a set of deaths with any kind of cloud of suspicion it might be extremely unwise and odd to move in the direction of taking a collection. At anyrate, I have NEVER been to a funeral where a collection plate was passed.

IF anyone in my family passed away, I would BALK at anyone's suggestion of the discomfort of a collection plate being passed at their funeral or memorial service. IN FACT, at the churches where we go, there is no plate passed generally, that has generally been done away with, it would be HUGELY rare. The pastor might feel to let those who do not know that there is a box at the back of the church for gifting, should anyone feel impelled for any purpose. I love this -- people are left to follow their hearts -- they can gift at the box, or they can call the church office to gift.

Kind of off topic - but WOW - My local paper, the St Pete Times published part ! of an expose about Scientology today!!!! What makes it amazing is that four top ranking execs have escaped and are talking! Yes! Let the light shine and expose all of those who lie, cheat and steal and call it "church"!

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/

Greetings DaisyF and WS crew,

Daisy, thanks for posting the following...

I have to catch up with the thread, but it looks like this article was just posted on the web:

read more at http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/815996.html

Last night, very late (while everyone in this thread was oh so quiet), I was weaving through the civil suit text. I looked up the document and was discouraged that it was "graphic based" and not "text based" so that I could just copy/paste quote it here. I had to started typing... I thought it might be helpful for all of us to visit that which was in the suit -- responses are due this week, I belive they might be due around the 23rd. I ended up too tired after a while, and didn't continue typing or posting here, but sure as heck felt to bring up that which was in the article -- they beat me to the punch.

In other words, I felt that the civil suit would have to go further into who were respondents -- I felt that the Grace church should be (just reasonable, not out of spite) and so should Chris Coleman's relatives (aside from his dad, i.e. maybe his brothers.) I am not saying that anyone is out of order, I'm just saying that were it me, I would want to be exploring "direct" sources...not just RC as the pastor personally, but the church, not RC as father of CC, but his brothers.

ADDITIONALLY... and if any of the attorneys for Sheri's family are looking on, I found a misspelling last night and wondered if it would hinder the interrogatories (I hope not -- the "intention" is clear). I found the word "proceeding" instead of "preceding" as seen in my next post.

Again, DaisyF, thanks for the heads up on that article!

Greetings all, and attention to Sheri's family attorney (Edit, is the word "proceeding in item 2 below" going to be a problem in terms of getting responses on time, shouldn't it be "preceding?"...)

I typed up the following from this document

I started typing where I was the most interested, i.e. that which would be asked of RC. I did NOT continue on...there was far more to be typed, I only wish these PDFs were in text format.

Starting on page 14 of 40...that which has been asked of RC.

2. During the immediate proceeding three years have you or any member of your family held cash or property on behalf of Christopher Coleman? If so, state:

a. The name and address of the person or entity holding the cash or property; and
b. The type of cash or property held and the value thereof.

2. During the immediate preceding three years have you been holder of or had access to any safety deposit boxes in the name of Christopher Coleman? If so, state the following:

a. The name of the bank or institution where such box is located;
b. The number of each box;
c. A description of the contents of each box during the immediately preceding three years and as of the date of the answer; and
d. The name and address of any other joint or co-owners of such safety deposit box or any trustees holding the box for your benefit.

4. During the preceding three years, have you owned with Christopher Coleman, any stocks, bonds, securities or other investments, including savings bonds? If so, with regard to each such stock, bond, security or investment state:

a. A description of the stock, bond, security or investment;
b. The name and address of the entity issuing the stock, bond, security or investment;
c. The present value of such stock, bond, security or investment;
d. The date of acquisition of the stock, bond, security or investment;
e. The cost of the stock, bond, security or investment;
f. The name and address of any other owner or owners in such stock, bond, security or investment; and
g. If applicable, the date sold and the amount realized therefrom.

5. Do you own or have any incidents of ownership in any life, annuity or endowment insurance policies in which Christopher Coleman has an interest? If so, with regard to each such policy state:

a. The name of the company;
b. The number of the policy;
c. The face value of the policy;
d. The present value of the policy;
e. The amount of any loan or encumbrance on the policy;
f. The date of acquisition of the policy; and
g. With regard to each policy, the beneficiary or beneficiaries.

Pursuant to the provisions of Illinois Supreme Court Rule 214, you are hereby requested to furnish Plaintiffs' counsel with copies of the following:

1. Copies of Christopher Coleman's tax returns for the last five years.
2. Copies of life insurance policies on Christopher Coleman's life or members of his family.
3. Copies of Christopher Coleman's discharge papers from the military.
4. Copies of Christopher Coleman's foid card.

Note: foid card = FOID (Firearm Owner Identification Card)

I stopped after the above, but felt that I should begin typing again at item 12 p. 23.

Chris has beaten up everything and everyone around him.

Wow , I remember that thread! I have never forgotten that you told us about that. Sure brings back memories. Laci brought me here also, before the crashes.

Brought here by our Brown Eyed Girl and never left. Laci brought many of us together. *sigh* And to think how many others have followed. I feel like I need a really good cry now.........

<hugs>

:cool: ~TCO~

Thanks, Wrinkles~ While it should be preceeding, the incorrect use of the word shouldn't pose a problem, imo. (Good catch tho.)

I think RC would have direct knowledge of anything going on with the other two sons and the church which means there is no reason to include them as respondents. If he hides the truth, he will face the consequences.

Now would not be the time to lie or cover up anything for his son over money. If he is inclined to do so, he should save it for the Murder trial. Anything gleaned from the civil suit will be used against Chris and there will be time to uncover the truth of finances etc. if RC does try to deceive Sheri's family in any way.

Hallo All,

I've typed up more of the civil suit (many pages in that, many documents). I didn't do it all...just that which I thought might interest you all for discussion here and in terms of the damage CC has caused to all and, now, the actions that many are forced to take.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3893995&postcount=797"]This is in continuation of my message here[/ame] and the document found here.

The following shows what is being required in terms of having to deal with the household contents that have been removed etc. In essence, I believe that the case is saying, "Look, this guy has been arrested and he is certainly not the best person to take care of our beloved's estate -- further we do not want our beloved's belongings to go to his benefit." They ask to administrate Sheri's estate for good reason, and with good intentions.

Starting on page 24 of 40

>>17. Based on the foregoing, ANGELA DeCICCO, as the next of kin and potential executor of the estate of the deceased or any special administrator appointed to be the executor of the estate, possesses a clearly ascertainable right to the preservation of the estate and prevention of waste of the estate.

18. In addition, if CHRISTOPHER is not ordered to provide a list of items removed from the Residence and return the items to the Residence, irreparable injury will occur as the estate of the deceased will be depleted in value in an amount which will be unknown to the executor of the estate.

19. Further, irreparable injury will occur if the injunctive relief is not granted. Alleged injury is defined as "irreparable injury" when it is of such nature that the injured party cannot be adequately compensated or when damages cannot be measured by any certain pecuniary standard; alternatively, the term has also been defined to encompass such injury as is beyond possibility of repair or beyond possibility of compensation in damages, but that type of injury that ought not be submitted to on one hand or inflicted on the other. Crosswood Production, Inc. v Suter (enter the cite ref). In the instant matter irreparable injury will occur if CHRISTOPHER is allowed to mortgage, borrow against, pledge, sell or draw against the equity in the residence as the size of the estate has yet to be determined and there may not be adequate assets from other sources to reimburse the estate in an in kind amount to any devaluation, depreciation or waste caused by CHRISTOPHER.

20. There is no adequate remedy at law for the injury. An adequate remedy at law is defined as "clear, complete and as practical and efficient to the ends of justice and its prompt administration as the equitable remedy." American Tel. and Tel. Co. v Village of Arlington Heights (enter the cite ref.) There can never be an adequate remedy at law to replenish the estate of the deceased if CHRISTOPHER has removed or continues to remove items which are heirlooms, have sentimental value, which are unique and otherwise irreplaceable especially if he does not have the financial ability to do so.

continue to 22A on page 25

22A -- [Summary, this basically asks that CC and his assigns are not allowed to do anything to expend or disburse or deal with or dispose of any of the real or personal property at the home.]

22B. -- [Summary, basisically asks for a "complete and accurate inventory of all items removed from the residence" to be provided and asks for an order to return "all such items removed from the Residence until further order of Court or written agreement of the parties."]

22C. That in the event CHRISTOPHER COLEMAN has sold, gifted, or otherwise disposed of any item of personal property taken from the Residence that he be ordered to promptly provide information and an accounting with respect to each item sold, gifted or otherwise disposed of.

22D. That ANGELA DeCICCO, or any of her agents or any person(s) appointed by this Court be allowed access to the Residence for the purpose of photographing the contents thereof and creating an inventory of the personal items remaining therein.<<

As you can see... CC's assigns (whoever he has given power of attorney, I guess) must now a) hussle to figure out all that was removed from the house (probably due to CC's instructions) and/or given away or sold, they must also try to recuperate and bring it back to the residence. Of course, CC is in jail, so he can't help -- his relatives must pay his toll here and/or b) provide a listing and accounting of the above (providing there is no way to recuperate what was given away or sold.)

As you can also see... Sheri's relatives must now methodically go through all in the residence in order to do their work as special administrators of her estate.

All of the above will be a lot of work for a lot of people. It will be emotional and grueling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3