Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
Unfortunately it's verified with 15 hours of professional testing. There are a lot of words that could describe him, the most fall under the criteria for personality disorders!

Then, I'm very glad for your sake that he's your ex.

That is the thing, Casey isn't crazy.

ALL people afflicted by antisocial personality disorder don't kill their children. While emotionally an APD is empty toward others, killing is a conscious, deliberate act. Like stealing.

"Dexter" the stereotypical sociopath has the ability to pick and choose his victims. He is also lies and passes among his peers without notice. Just like Casey did.

You can fix a chemical imbalance or modify behavior. But, how can you make a mother who feels no more connection to her dead daughter than most would have toward an annoying gnat, have remorse?

How do you get someone to have feelings that don't exist?

I agree 100%.

Bold is mine.
It's not her suspected personality disorder that defines her as evil. It's her actions and the way these actions are perceived in our culture.
An evil person doesn't see himself as evil but his victims do. They don't victimize others because they are evil but do so because, as you say, they simply do not care if someone else is hurt. They have an agenda and it doesn't matter who is hurt in the process. IOW, they don't wake up in the morning and say "I'm evil; who can I be mean to today or kill". They don't go around trying to be mean or killing people. It happens though because they are evil.
Take, for example, Hitler. He wouldn't define himself as evil. He would say he was trying to make the world a better place. He didn't go around trying to be mean or kill people. But he did. He killed millions. He probably had a personality disorder too. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't define Hitler as evil. So was he or wasn't he?
His personality disorder didn't make him evil. He didn't view himself as evil and go around trying to be mean; he was trying to better the world. The thing is he simply didn't care if others were hurt; he was only concerned with himself and his agenda (making the world better). He did not have empathy. All the same, he was evil personified. Ask anyone.
KC didn't go around trying to be mean or killing people but she was mean, she victimized many with no regard for their feelings, and she murdered her daughter. She was only concerned with herself. These are evil acts committed by an evil person, KC. Whether she had a personality disorder or not she was evil. Ask her victims.

I get ya. And I think you may have helped me clarify what I meant. As much as we all hate that Caylee is dead and that her mother, of all people, probably is responsible, I think KC (probably with APD) is still a far cry from the truly evil Hitler (also probably with APD). I suppose I was thinking of this degree of difference.

I'm the first vote and I'll give my reason: for her to just sit there alone, she is allowed to exist in her own world and answer to no one. Make her see a counselor... one that will not BS around and will try to work to make Casey understand what she has done. One that will stay on her tail about facing up to the truth of the matter. Will it help save her, though... find some ounce of human in her? who knows... but at least she will be made to face it... not be left to to her own world.

I love your post! Good luck with that idea, as great as it is, reality is it probably can't happen (though I wish it weren't so) I vote it doesn't matter to me. Having been inside the prison, nope, not gonna happen for her to get someone to make her see the truth. In this state, they hired mental health people, social workers, psychologist and forensic psych techs to be with prisoners. So they are availble to all inmates with mental issues. CA state prisons are mandated to have mental health services. Inmates who are tagged with a mental dx.( which includes drugs and addictions) are able to come in and sit down and talk to you during 12 hours of the day. I can vouch for the fact that MOST mental health people never call them on their crime. I have not seen one of them chastise an inmate, EVER. Many feel sorry for the inmates and believe them to be victims. I wish somebody would stand up for the victims and tell inmates like this it can not be tolerated but sadly that is only wishful thinking. Therefore, if kc wants to talk to somebody, peace be with her, but don't delude yourself with the idea they can help her see the light. Even under the best of circumstances, that is unlikely to happen. No matter what their dx, almost every inmate within the system suffers from an inadequate personality. The ones I've seen cannot be fixed.

Neurotics build castles in the sky..psychotics live in them..and Cindy Anthony cleans them.

i just noticed that
laughing1.gif

Do you want Casey to receive counseling while in jail?

if you want my complete candor then here it is:

i don't want casey to receive oxygen while in jail
____________________________-

And I just caught yours....LOL :clap:

IMO I don't believe for one second that Casey would benefit from counseling so I voted no. One would have to believe or understand that they have a problem and I don't think Casey would ever admit or accept that! I think that she is a malignant narcissist who has sociopathic tendencies. I also truly believe in my heart that Casey had some sort of grander murderous scheme that was to include her parents. JMHO

Counseling in jail - I vote no, because I fear it would be used to her advantage when the trial comes up, especially if the news media showed clips of her crying, rolling on floor, and spinning yet another "poor little me" version of what happened. I'd be afraid of how many would buy the "act" and I think "act" is all it would be.

Counseling in prison - I have mixed feelings -- if life with no chance of parole - I'd vote yes, but only with the most outspoken, firm, call-your-hand at lying trained mental health professional - and I'm afraid they only exist in my imagination!!

If she gets a sentence with any chance of parole at all - I vote NO -- it will be used as a method to help get her out as early as possible (that tied in with trips to the chaplain, and taking other "courses" offered). I think she'll work the system with all she's got!

Anais - I agree with your post -- I think there was a grander scheme to this (was it Amy (??) who was ready to move in with Casey, because Cindy was going to GIVE Casey the home?? = chills down my spine!). I think she planned on getting that home thru yet another death - but then again, my imagination can be my worst enemy sometimes!

I do want her to receive counseling! I am not trying at all to stand up for her innocence, but just her rights as an American citizen: this being that a person is "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY." Let's face it, there's a great likelyhood that she IS guilty, but we are not her jury & she hasn't gone to trial yet.

What she is so far is a suspect, and a mother who has lost a child. I'm a mother to 3 gorgeous little boys. If something happened to them, you'd better bring in a handful of therapists! Plus maybe a straight-jacket & some heavy drugs, because I would be a complete mess.

As a mother I would appeal for her to have counseling provided. Whether she can appreciate it or can be benefited by it is her own problem.

KC isn't crazy, she's just a selfish liar and murderer. Given that I live in Florida, I do not want my tax dollars to pay for anything more than the punishment she deserves for her knowledgeable actions.

If Casey gets life without the possibility of parole, then I don't see the point to counseling. If there's a chance that she'll get out and rejoin the population some day, then yes she definitely should have it - for the sake of the rest of us out here in the world.

:clap: ITA - with the addition that, if she ever gets out, she also wear a tracking device at all times. A chip embedded in her tattoo might be appropriate. The rest of us will need to know where she is and what she is doing. As for free counselling, her many victims are the ones entitled to that.

Yes I do.
God knows I would need some after living under the same roof with CA.Honestly.I don't know if she's pure evil or just a confused ,spoiled,mean,irresponsible,not very bright teen.

Not sure which one of them I blame most right now anyway.

Do you want Casey to receive counseling while in jail?

if you want my complete candor then here it is:

i don't want casey to receive oxygen while in jail

:clap::clap::clap:

I voted no. But now that I think about it, she could receive electric shock therapy while sitting in a nice comfy electric chair.

Only if she is diagnosed with a treatable condition and will be eligible for parole in the future. Otherwise, counseling will just be a tax-payer provided diversion for her.

She should have counseling. Someone to talk to might help unravel the case if they can convince her to face reality, if in fact she did do what she is accused of.

I do want her to receive counseling! I am not trying at all to stand up for her innocence, but just her rights as an American citizen: this being that a person is "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY." Let's face it, there's a great likelyhood that she IS guilty, but we are not her jury & she hasn't gone to trial yet.

What she is so far is a suspect, and a mother who has lost a child. I'm a mother to 3 gorgeous little boys. If something happened to them, you'd better bring in a handful of therapists! Plus maybe a straight-jacket & some heavy drugs, because I would be a complete mess.

As a mother I would appeal for her to have counseling provided. Whether she can appreciate it or can be benefited by it is her own problem.

Bolded by me. As a loving, caring mother, I'll bet that you would have needed a straight jacket,therapy and heavy drugs pretty close to day one, DaughterAlice. Casey chose men, videos about murder,( who watches American Psycho while your child has gone missing????) nail salons, ink parlors and non-stop partying to soothe her jangled nerves. In that way she has certainly proven herself to be nothing like you or most other caring mothers on this planet.

While it's true that Casey is (legally) innocent until (legally) proven guilty, this has very little to do with her actual guilt. She is actually already guilty or not guilty...one of the two. Legal guilt needs to be established in a court of law, as you mentioned ,by judge and jury. They are under strict guidelines in establishing such guilt. The general public is not bound by this legal presumption in matters of personal opinion.

Your children are fortunate to have a loving, kind (and obviously forgiving) mother such as you. Sadly, Caylee Marie Anthony wasn't so fortunate. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back