Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm confused. Isnt the whole idea of the memorial a chance for the public to get closure? And to say goodbye to the little girl we wish we could have protected from this?
To see her honored in a beautiful way, after discussing her decomp, and other ugly things?
The public is everyone, so why shouldnt it be televised for people like me to see? Isnt this the reason why they are having two services? One private, and one public?
LP's 'memorial/prayer vigil' was televised. Why was that ok, and this is met with such critisism?
The anthonys are allowing us a chance to say goodbye to their little girl....Because they see how loved she is by all of us.
I think it would be a so special for Caylee to have hundreds of thousands of people praying for her to rest in peace at one moment in time.... saying goodbye to the little princess who holds a special place in our hearts , and who has taught us so much about the value of life, love and our role as parents.
So to the people who dont agree with it being televised, are you saying that you wont watch it?
I bet ya do! :) JMO
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...aylee-anthony-memorial-020509,0,5042925.story
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5042925.story

I agree with everything you said. Completely.

I also agree with the Anthony's for refusing entrance to certain people. (Leonard Padilla being one of them)

I believe that a public memorial is just that. But I will not be watching because I cannot bear the insults of listening to anyone, anyone even mentioning how much Caylee was loved by her mother.

If todays presser by BC, is any measure of how the memorial will be, that is exactly what will be said, many times over. Seeing BC, and the rest of the defense team will make my blood pressure rise.

Add to this, the nerve of saying who and who cannot attend a public service of any type just isn't right. The maturity level of this has dropped another level.

Much as I might want to watch for Caylee's sake, it could turn into another Anna Nicole Smith spectacle.

I voted yes, nationally, because Six years ago yesterday I buried my 7 day old son, he was born in the hospital under a doctors care and fought hard for those 7 days, in that short time he touched lives of people that we didn't even know, we held a service for him and hundreds came to share the love of this precious little boy who never stepped one foot out into the world. The nation has grown to love little Caylee and should be allowed a remembrance service because we have invested our emotions in this case and even though it is extended we came to love and hope and pray for her safe return and now we too need closure for the devastation that we each feel for her sweet little life. IMMHO

I am sooo sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard that must be. How wonderful that so many fell in love with him in such a short time, he must have been very special.

Did BC say they weren't going to speak-I missed that! Well, hopefully someone will read some kind of statement from the A's-since those in attendance will be made up of people who are at the very least emotionally linked to Caylee.

I have a really bad feeling BC and the KFN team will do the speaking.

I just started reading this thread, but I totally agree with your post.

Furthermore, I don't feel it should be treated any differently than all the other children that have been murdered. I have never seen a kids funeral televised and there are so many families that do not get any of this attention.

There needs to be respect for Caylee in this decision. It should be private.

I want this to be televised, I want to see it and and have a little bit of closer as well. I don't think it should be only for Orlando's residents or the people that are capable of driving there.

Samantha Runnion's funeral was public. Several thousand attended.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,58680,00.html

Bolding above is mine. ITA with you!! The Anthony family should not profit from a memorial of sweet Caylee. If Cindy even considers passing around collection baskets I hope someone stops her! The very thought of a penny exchanging hands during a baby's MEMORIAL is disgusting.

Excuse me while I grab my tums, mylanta and pepto bismol. I'm so worried about the possibility of a "collection".

Peace and Love,
Rain

Isn't that putting the cart before the horse? As far as I know Conway didn't way Cindy would be passing around a collection plate.

ITA they need to have the metal detector there are alot of protesters who were grabbing at them and acting crazy. I think its better to be safe then sorry.
I do not think the Anthonys will make a circus out of it, I wish I felt the same way about the public.

I agree, I think the Anthony's will have a nice service. I only hope that none of the protesters show up.

tbh, I probably won't watch it unless I'm free that day. I'm assuming it will be a couple hours? I really don't think any national channel will air this. This isn't the inauguration, ya know. They will probably air little snippets on HNN and that's all I'll see of it.

HLN said today they would carry it live. I am sure they will have commercials tho.

I agree, I think the Anthony's will have a nice service. I only hope that none of the protesters show up.

Me too. I could be wrong, but I have a gut feeling that the service Caylees family has arranged will be beautiful, and exactly what Caylee would have wanted.

And IMO its pretty unfair for people to be critical becuase of what could, but hasn't even happened yet.
JMO

Me too. I could be wrong, but I have a gut feeling that the service Caylees family has arranged will be beautiful, and exactly what Caylee would have wanted.

And IMO its pretty unfair for people to be critical becuase of what could, but hasn't even happened yet.
JMO

Yeah, like there may be no protesters or LP isn't gonna show up......

I haven't read through everything here, but with GA & CA officially coordinating Caylee's public memorial now instead of just the church flying solo, I wonder..are all the pictures scheduled to be played on the big screen going to depict pictures just Caylee? And if not, will they display any pictures with KC in them?

I remember in Lacey Peterson's memorial her parents omitted Scott's image from the collage (before he was convicted). Will the A's omit KC from the display to appease the majority who believe her to be guilty?

That is an interesting question. On one hand I think they should not show any pictures of Casey but on the other hand Casey was her mother and a big part of her life. So I am not sure what they should do. It wouldn't bother me if they showed pictures of Caylee and Casey together. Will be interesting either way.

Am I reading Natisha's comment wrong ??

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, ON LOCATION FROM TOT MOM JAIL: They are, Nancy. This is a huge church. They have their own video facility. As a matter of fact, they`re going to be the ones providing the pool for all of the local media out here.

I understand what you are saying Tx and you are correct.

Maybe I am...I'm not sure.

But I really don't think that what she says translates to "everyone can broadcast the feed live on television for free". But, perhaps I'm wrong.

I think you are wrong.

I know HLN said they would broadcast the Memorial live.

Somebody please tell me how the GP's are gonna grieve if they are standing at the door saying who gets in and who does not???
It never ends.

Brad Conway said in his press conference today that the security people knew who not to let in.

That is an interesting question. On one hand I think they should not show any pictures of Casey but on the other hand Casey was her mother and a big part of her life. So I am not sure what they should do. It wouldn't bother me if they showed pictures of Caylee and Casey together. Will be interesting either way.

She was also her murderer. Her pictures there would be totally inappropriate and morbidly disgusting. I will be sickened if they stoop so low.

I think you are wrong.

I know HLN said they would broadcast the Memorial live.

Wrong about what? I still haven't seen anything which says they gave the television broadcast rights away for free, and I doubt they did. But if you show me something that shows the tv stations are getting the rights for nothing, I'll be happy to change my opinion.

Live does not necessarily mean it is free! Baseball is broadcast live too, but it is paid for.

She was also her murderer. Her pictures there would be totally inappropriate and morbidly disgusting. I will be sickened if they stoop so low.

ITA. It's bad enough that it's being hosted by people who refuse to assist LE in her murder investigation.

Oh! I guarantee they will stoop that low and even lower. This is all for Casey...."mother of the year"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qfemale
Back