Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should Caylee's public memorial be broadcast? (**edited to clarify)

<<FOX 35 has learned that behind the scenes, Cindy has been busy making preparations for a public memorial, tentatively scheduled for February 10 at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.

The sanctuary can hold up to five thousand guests and is pre-wired for video>>

Since it appears the location of the public memorial was chosen with it being "pre-wired for video" in mind, I am assuming it is intended to be broadcast.

How do you feel about this?

The church has it's own production company and makes videos and tapes of everything from the Sunday services each and every week to music specials done by the church, and in the past has been known to host famous funerals in Orlando of murdered police officers (a few years ago there were 2 cops that were run over right on John Young outside of the church's parking lot) as well as well known celebrities that live in Orlando. (all televised)
The church is also well known for it's Sunday services, humongous size and it's ability to hold close to 6,000 people at each event.

The A's would have to have lived in a cave not to have known that any ceremony held at FBO would not be taped or televised.

I see nothing wrong with the public memorial being televised. But read on another blog, that individual bloggers are lighting a candle and sending up a balloon at 10 on tuesday, since they can'tbe a the memorial. I think it is a great idea.

I'm out of my Lurkdomville to ask a question....about the bracelets. I'm asking on this thread since it's mentioned so often.

I'm far behind and may have missed it...but can anyone point me to a link, or anything, that states the A's are intending to sell these bracelets? Has that been stated anywhere for sure, or is this just suspicion?

Maybe they are planning to hand them out at the memorial to the public who attends?

Don't fire rocks and missiles my way. But I am curious. I can't find one place where it's stated as fact that the bracelets are going to be sold by the A's for a profit?

TYIA.

I haven't seen them advertised yet! They are broke...why would they give 5000 bracelets away? Who's ever heard of memorabillia bracelets for memorial services? You don't send people home with gift bags from memorial services, imo.

I haven't seen them advertised yet! They are broke...why would they give 5000 bracelets away? Who's ever heard of memorabillia bracelets for memorial services? You don't send people home with gift bags from memorial services, imo.

In the past, this church has given bracelets away at the memorials. I know that at Payne Stewarts memorial they did. (They look like those rubbery ones that Lance Armstrong is famous for.)

I'm not going to look so I guess we will never know. :)

But I don't think it matters if there aren't any statements post August. The point is they hhave never said the Anthony's have not cooperated with them that I have ever heard.

I would be surprised if you could find a video of LE stating at anytime between July 15th and now that Cindy and George were not cooperating with them.

Oh boy...I'm tired, but give me 5 minutes and I'll get you a recent statement from Allen...

There is a quote from Allen on one of the Fla. news sites that he made...it's been posted here a lot of times but i didn't bookmark it. While googling for it, I came across this, which i think makes it clear as day they are not co-operating.

Caylee Anthony story: WESH reports that George and Cindy Anthony won't help prosecution without immunity
posted by halboedeker on Dec 30, 2008 6:28:05 PM

But at 6 p.m. WESH-Channel 2 then turned to the Caylee Anthony saga. Bob Kealing reported that the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony says they will cooperate in daughter Casey's prosecution -- "only if their words aren't used against them."
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/12/local-televisio.html

I'm not going to look so I guess we will never know. :)

But I don't think it matters if there aren't any statements post August. The point is they hhave never said the Anthony's have not cooperated with them that I have ever heard.

I would be surprised if you could find a video of LE stating at anytime between July 15th and now that Cindy and George were not cooperating with them.

Really...they've said it more than once...things like "if the As want to give us "truthful" information"....Allen said it the Thursday before G's attempt and I'm pretty sure Padilla has said similar things in his pressers.

In the past, this church has given bracelets away at the memorials. I know that at Payne Stewarts memorial they did. (They look like those rubbery ones that Lance Armstrong is famous for.)

His family wouldn't have asked for donations to buy them. They didn't need money. That really surprises me. I've never heard of it before. I prefer getting their pic and the service papers/songs etc.

Pardon me Bunny....but I never once mentioned sending people home with gift bags. I simply asked for a link supporting the theory or accusation that they were selling the bracelets for a profit, which is what was being talked about. Okay?

I think it's a wonderful idea. From what I'm finding through google, it's becoming an increasingly popular trend to give them to guests at funerals and memorials. I hope they are given out in memory of Caylee. I also hope that people who receive them don't try to sell them on ebay afterwards.

I think it's a wonderful idea. From what I'm finding through google, it's becoming an increasingly popular trend to give them to guests at funerals and memorials. I hope they are given out in memory of Caylee. I also hope that people who receive them don't try to sell them on ebay afterwards.

Yes...that would be tacky....selling on ebay. But, I bet they will be available for sale by the A's. Like the t-shirts...

That's what I was thinking too Chilly....I probably didn't articulate it very well...but that's what I meant :)

I don't and can't see the A's selling the bracelets for a profit....I thought they would be a part of the memorial on Tues.

*sigh*

That's what I was thinking too Chilly....I probably didn't articulate it very well...but that's what I meant :)

I don't and can't see the A's selling the bracelets for a profit....I thought they would be a part of the memorial on Tues.

*sigh*

I can't imagine that they will sell them at the memorial either. I wonder on Tuesday, when they don't sell them, if we'll see as many apologies for accusing them of such a thing as we've seen accusations.

Probably not.

I can't imagine that they will sell them at the memorial either. I wonder on Tuesday, when they don't sell them, if we'll see as many apologies for accusing them of such a thing as we've seen accusations.

Probably not.

Agreed. Probably not :(

Then everyone will be pizzed that they didn't sell them to honor Caylee. Er??

They can't win. No matter what.

Well, DH and I and a couple of our kiddos will be in church at FBO tomorrow morning. I will ask one of the pastors whast the plan is for the memorial on Tuesday.

Off topic kind of: I just wanted to say that I think for the most part Leonard has his heart in the right place, but last night on NG show he really irritated me. He says that he isn't allowed to go to the memorial, that Cindy herself will be standing by the front door of the church, and that he didn't know how the church would even begin to be able to get that many people in the church at one time.
Once again, he shoots his mouth off without having a clue what he's even talking about.
First Baptist has many doors/entrances. There is an "A" side and a "B" side in the front and about 8 doors along the back.
The Orange county sheriffs department as well as the Orlando police dept are a constant presence even on just regular Sunday mornings for the services as there are so many people/cars-that a police presence is needed.
The First Academy which is a private school K-12 is also sitting on the property so security is well done here.
Overall,
I think Brad C is trying to make this whole memorial out to be a giant ordeal and it won't be. People will file in like we do every Sunday morning, maybe pass through screeners (something we do not normally do on a Sunday morning) enter the sanctuary through one of many doors, find a seat and sit down. (For anyone that is going, some of the best seats are the first 3 rows of the balcony in the center sections- if you want to see everything)
There will be a bunch of satellite trucks on the east side of the parking lots, but other than that and the sea of cars, it will be like any other Sunday service. The A's will be sorely dissapointed when they see that no circus has come to this section of town and everything runs business as usual.

Yes.I can't be there physically to mourn the loss of her precious self.I'll take what I can get.
Bless her loving little heart.

I would like it to be televised national to those who want to see it. I'm suspicious that the Anthonys have bared other people to have cameras and video so that they can sell the video to make more money off of Caylee. Does anyone else have this thought?

I have a strong feeling that whomever is not comfortable with going to the service at the Church for whatever reason, will gather at the remains site for their own memorial. I figure that there will be a nice little crowd there that day to pay tribute to Caylee.

I would like it to be televised national to those who want to see it. I'm suspicious that the Anthonys have bared other people to have cameras and video so that they can sell the video to make more money off of Caylee. Does anyone else have this thought?

No, I don't. They are allowing WFTV to provide a live feed of the service to any media outlet that wants it. You can't sell something by giving it away free to everybody.

I am very grateful to be able to watch the service on TV. However, if I lived there, I think I just might join LP at the discovery site. I believe he needs company as he pays his respects to this precious little girl in his own way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back