Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. I don't think they should broadcast Caylee's funeral for any reason. It should be private.

I further do not think Casey should be allowed a video conference to "attend" either. (I think JB may try to video tape it and show it to her later...but then that could lead to someone selling it to the highest bidder later, imo.)

I just started reading this thread, but I totally agree with your post.

Furthermore, I don't feel it should be treated any differently than all the other children that have been murdered. I have never seen a kids funeral televised and there are so many families that do not get any of this attention.

There needs to be respect for Caylee in this decision. It should be private.

No. I don't think they should broadcast Caylee's funeral for any reason. It should be private.

I further do not think Casey should be allowed a video conference to "attend" either. (I think JB may try to video tape it and show it to her later...but then that could lead to someone selling it to the highest bidder later, imo.)

This isnt her funeral we are talking about. That will be private. This is the public memorial for us to say goodbye (and so the actual funeral doesn't turn into a media circus, imo).
Or have I got this all wrong? Have they issued a new statement saying that they wont have their own private service now?

This isnt her funeral we are talking about. That will be private. This is the public memorial for us to say goodbye (and so the actual funeral doesn't turn into a media circus, imo).
Or have I got this all wrong? Have they issued a new statement saying that they wont have their own private service now?

What I'm wondering, since they were waiting for the body to be released before having the memorial, is if the private funeral has not already taken place. I think that information won't be released until after the fact, in order to keep away the media and unrulies.

Well, now think about it-there are plenty of other crazies out there who don't have the last name Anthony!* Remember the protesters?* Who knows what may happen if they flash huge 10 ft. pictures of Cayleewith KC for all to see?* The memorial should be all about Caylee, but what if they try to push the "mother of the year" story down everyone's throat?* Remember this is probably CA planned and produced.* Will she have any idea that this is not an opportunity to spotlight herself or her family?* This is Caylee's memorial-a chance for all who loved HER to say "goodbye". The Anthony family should have a private funeral where they can focus on themselves and their loss-but a public memorial should be all about Caylee and be sensitive to those who loved her, mourn her, searched for her, cried for her, and even though the public may not have known her in this life we will miss her terribly and the promise of what her future could have been for her and what she could have contributed to this terribly troubled world!!

What a beautiful post! And ITA.

What I'm wondering, since they were waiting for the body to be released before having the memorial, is if the private funeral has not already taken place. I think that information won't be released until after the fact, in order to keep away the media and unrulies.

I think you might be right on track there chilly....
Jan 30th

George and Cindy Anthony's attorney said the family doesn't want a memorial until it can bury Caylee. Caylee's immediate family will attend the memorial service.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18607826/detail.html

If they are worrying about all this security, why go through with a 5,000 seat church and ceremony?

What a travesty? checking people? .... throwing people out? Hiring guards? Oh, yeah, your typical mourning for the deceased. That poor child!

Control FREAK till the end....Cindy will never stop...those who thinks so are wishful thinkers. This ceremoney should be halted or the Anthonys should not be allowed in. They are the ones that would cause a problem. Perhaps they should watch from home.

No, I don't think it should be televised. This is a memorial for Caylee, and it should be done with respect and with dignity. She deserves that .
This is turning into yet another circus, I can't stand to think how the service will actually turn out after Cindy has approved or banned the attendees. Really, Cindy is that any way to honor your little grandaughter?

It's such a horrible mess!

Well, this is only a memorial, not a funeral, so in that regard, yes, I do think it should be televised nationally. It's a way for the public to have a little closure. So many people have been drawn into the life of this little one.

While the circumstance are definitely NOT the equivalent of one anther, I view this sort of the same way I viewed the memorial for Steve Irwin. Of course, millions worldwide mourned his loss, so it probably was a tad more acceptable and proper.

I do not however want to see the family profiting from it. I'm not sure how they'll make money anyway. From my understanding, it's going to be televised, so who would pay for it? I surely hope the televising rights aren't being sold to the highest bidder. That's about the only way I can see a profit coming from this and I certainly would never condone those types of actions.

If this was for a public lynching of the killer... I sure would vote yes!!!

VB

Well, this is only a memorial, not a funeral, so in that regard, yes, I do think it should be televised nationally. It's a way for the public to have a little closure. So many people have been drawn into the life of this little one.

While the circumstance are definitely NOT the equivalent of one anther, I view this sort of the same way I viewed the memorial for Steve Irwin. Of course, millions worldwide mourned his loss, so it probably was a tad more acceptable and proper.

I do not however want to see the family profiting from it. I'm not sure how they'll make money anyway. From my understanding, it's going to be televised, so who would pay for it? I surely hope the televising rights aren't being sold to the highest bidder. That's about the only way I can see a profit coming from this and I certainly would never condone those types of actions.

Bolding above is mine. ITA with you!! The Anthony family should not profit from a memorial of sweet Caylee. If Cindy even considers passing around collection baskets I hope someone stops her! The very thought of a penny exchanging hands during a baby's MEMORIAL is disgusting.

Excuse me while I grab my tums, mylanta and pepto bismol. I'm so worried about the possibility of a "collection".

Peace and Love,
Rain

Well, now think about it-there are plenty of other crazies out there who don't have the last name Anthony!* Remember the protesters?* Who knows what may happen if they flash huge 10 ft. pictures of Cayleewith KC for all to see?* The memorial should be all about Caylee, but what if they try to push the "mother of the year" story down everyone's throat?* Remember this is probably CA planned and produced.* Will she have any idea that this is not an opportunity to spotlight herself or her family?* This is Caylee's memorial-a chance for all who loved HER to say "goodbye". The Anthony family should have a private funeral where they can focus on themselves and their loss-but a public memorial should be all about Caylee and be sensitive to those who loved her, mourn her, searched for her, cried for her, and even though the public may not have known her in this life we will miss her terribly and the promise of what her future could have been for her and what she could have contributed to this terribly troubled world!!

ITA they need to have the metal detector there are alot of protesters who were grabbing at them and acting crazy. I think its better to be safe then sorry.
I do not think the Anthonys will make a circus out of it, I wish I felt the same way about the public.

I'll post here what I posted on the other thread because I'm vehemently opposed to a televised broadcast of Caylee's memorial. In fact, I'm opposed to anything that contributes to the exploitation of this poor child, including the public memorial, itself.

Memorials are for the living, which in this case will include about 4990 perfect strangers, of whom 200 will attend in hopes of making themselves feel better; the other 4690 will be compelled to attend by curiosity or some other personal agenda. Anyone who truly cares about Caylee's memory will not want to risk having it sullied by the spectacle that this so-called memorial will surely prove to be.

Are we so selfish that we cannot allow this beautiful little girl to at long last rest in peace?

And you're mistaken, butwhatif. I will not watch.

I voted yes. Someone said she is now "America's child." We all love her and feel for her. I think those of us who cannot attend locally should be allowed to pay our respects, even from a distance.

eta: The actual funeral should be very private.

NO!!!!! Caylee's memorial service should absolutely not be videotaped!!! Media members should be welcome to attend, but no pictures, no note taking. If they feel compelled to report on what went on at the service, they can do so from memory. Why? Because if they are attending Caylee's service, it should be to grieve and mourn and pay their respects to Caylee - not to ride the Caylee circus frenzy.

I would love to attend Caylee's service. Unfortunately, I can not. I can easily put aside my own selfishness, out of respect for Caylee and my desire to see her treated with dignity. I can pay my respects to her sweet memory in many ways - by sitting in a park here in the town where I live, and looking at pictures of her, or just thinking of her and of life, reading poetry, praying in my own unique way.

The cost to Caylee's dignity is too great for her memorial service to be televised with the circus that would inevitably surround it. There is nothing about my desire or need to attend or watch her service that warrants that cost.

Caylee has been disrespected far more than enough. It needs to stop.

MOO

Well put, Beane:)

I think the question should be "Should the As be allowed to profit from the memorial?" I don't mind it being televised, but only if the money they get for the media rights is given to a reputable charity like TES and I doubt very much that that is the plan.

I thought I heard on NG that the Baptist Church has all the televised necessities inside, and that the church will release what they have out to the various media outlets.

I voted NO Broadcast - Private for Attending, etc...BUT, my main reason would be that I question if the Broadcast would enable KC to be able to view the Memorial from her cell.

Haven't had a chance to look further into this thread but, has it been mentioned if KC will be able to view this Memorial or even a Private Funeral from her cell?

If so, then...I definitely think that KC in her cell viewing Caylee's Funeral should be televised for all to see!

No one is invited to a public memorial because it is for the public and anyone can attend. I'm sure that LE will be there by the dozens. We may not know who they are though. I would bet they feel the same way about Caylee as we do.

I give George and Cindy a lot of credit for having the public memorial for Caylee. They didn't have to do this. They could have just had their private service and that is all. This tells me that they realize how many people fell in love with little Caylee during the months she was missing. I look for this memorial to be very silent with respect from everyone there. This is about Caylee and I don't think it will be any kind of circus.

ITA Very Good Post:clap::clap::clap:

I voted NO Broadcast - Private for Attending, etc...BUT, my main reason would be that I question if the Broadcast would enable KC to be able to view the Memorial from her cell.

Haven't had a chance to look further into this thread but, has it been mentioned if KC will be able to view this Memorial or even a Private Funeral from her cell?

If so, then...I definitely think that KC in her cell viewing Caylee's Funeral should be televised for all to see!

I want KC to see it let her be reminded just how many people love Caylee and wish she was still alive and then she can times it by a few million and figure out how many people hate KC and hopes she either gets LWP or DP.
Let her see all the attention on Caylee,as jealous as she was of her it will drive her crazy. I would love to view KC in her cell crying and full of remorse and grief but it would be for herself.I think she would be full of rage at all the attention Caylee will be getting or smirking and eating her jail treats.IMO

Sure let's hold it under a big top, we can have vendors selling food and Caylee tokens....the family can all ride into the center ring and get out of a clown car. Casey should be allowed to watch and we can all see her reaction on the jumbo tron in the corner. Where in the hell did morals and common sense go with this case???????????????????????

I do hope she gets to watch as there will be a big screen with Caylee's pic on it and most likely some very touching songs. Hopefully for even a fleeting moment it will shake her. :chicken:

I want KC to see it let her be reminded just how many people love Caylee and wish she was still alive and then she can times it by a few million and figure out how many people hate KC and hopes she either gets LWP or DP.
Let her see all the attention on Caylee,as jealous as she was of her it will drive her crazy. I would love to view KC in her cell crying and full of remorse and grief but it would be for herself.I think she would be full of rage at all the attention Caylee will be getting or smirking and eating her jail treats.IMO

They may as well have the Zanax ready for her on Tues. I see this as an ulterior motive the A's arranged for KC to be able to attend since the jail wouldn't let her leave and wouldn't let them have one there. Also for the A's to gain more sympathy which translates to Mo Money for the whole disgusting bunch !! :yuck:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back