Should Jesse Grund File A Civil Suit Against Casey Anthony????

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Jesse Grund File A Civil Suit Against Casey?

• Yes

Votes: 258 71.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 20.5%
  • I Do Not Know

Votes: 29 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jesse Grund seems to have been the one decent person she ever had in her life. I would think Casey's parents would have recognized this.

Jesse Grund seems to have been the one decent person she ever had in her life. I would think Casey's parents would have recognized this.
Maybe the problem the A's had with JG is just that, he is too decent for them.

I think JG should just bid his time-there's no rush. I'd wait for trial and see if JB and his crew actually try to implicate him and his family. If they do then I think JG and RG should present a united front and do whatever they feel is the right thing to do for their family and their own reputation. In my opinion ruining someones reputation is far worse than stealing ones money. Money can be replaced-a good reputation is pricless!! IMO

I don't think so. I believe one of the elements a plaintiff must show is that he/she was harmed by the defamation in order to prevail in court. JG was cleared immediately and has been described as "being set up" by the A's. Nearly everyone is in his corner. While I wish he COULD sue them for something and put a lien against their future earnings, he be better off having a Mass said somewhere, celebrating his good fortune. After all, KC might've been his wife making CA his psychotic mother-in-law.

I don't think so. I believe one of the elements a plaintiff must show is that he/she was harmed by the defamation in order to prevail in court. JG was cleared immediately and has been described as "being set up" by the A's. Nearly everyone is in his corner. While I wish he COULD sue them for something and put a lien against their future earnings, he be better off having a Mass said somewhere, celebrating his good fortune. After all, KC might've been his wife making CA his psychotic mother-in-law.

:eek:

Jesse might have a better chance of winning a lawsuit of Cindy.
Cindy is really the one who perpetuated the myth that Jesse was involved in Caylee's disappearance.
I was just on another thread earlier providing proof to someone that Cindy told Yuri Melich that Jesse was involved......it's here if anyone wants to see,
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar...html?refresh=1
At the 1 hour,30minute mark.
Under New Audio Released- Scroll down to
Cindy Anthony -- Aug. 1, 2008

ITA-and think maybe Amy H ought to consider suing the heck out of CA for trying to throw her under the bus, and sue KC for any damages over and above unrecouped funds KC stole.

I voted no. At least not at this point in time. I think JG should wait and watch as things unfold. If Cindy makes further remarks defaming him and if the defense goes after him during the trial, then I think he should consider a lawsuit.

If JG were to file a lawsuit, it should be against GA and CA, as the remarks were coming from them, not KC. The only thing KC stated was during that one video taped jail visit (Aug. 14) when she told her parents to stay away from JG.

I voted No, Because I think Jesse should stay clear of having anything to do with the Anthony's, they are doing a fine job of hanging themselves.

I definitley would have a lawyer by now, ready and waiting. Although most of the finger pointing has come from Cindy, Casey could have put an end to it, IMO. In the jail video Cindy asks Casey about Jesse and it's then that Casey warns her mother to "stay away from Jesse", even adding that she was trying to stay as calm as she possibly could, as if there was something REALLY dangerous and ominous about this Jesse. IMO, they have all contributed to furthering allegations of Jesse's involvement, some more than others. I would definitley be waiting on the trial because Jesse is not out of the woods.The A's should be taught that they can't go around blaming innocent people for a heinous crime in order to save their daughter.

I voted "no" Only because if I were him, I'd stay as far away from this circus as I could. What would he gain? They have nothing to "get" and everyone that remotely becomes involved in this fiasco is tarnished. I would really hate the see that happen to that nice young man and his family.MOO

Good point!

I believe the harm could be emotional distress in Jesse's case. For a defamation case to be sucessful, I think the other criteria that has to be shown is that the allegations were false. I believe Jesse would have no problem, given all of the evidence released, showing that the A's knew he wasn't responsible for Caylee's disappearance and murder.

On another note though, I really don't think Jesse will sue. I don't think he is the type, which is something the A's should be thankful for. Maybe their knowledge of Jesse's personality was part of what made them accuse him, in the first place...they knew he was a goodhearted and forgiving person.

I'm not sure. Has he suffered damages as a result of her nonsense?

I think I'd want to rid my life of the toxicity--if he hasn't had fallout from it, I would probably recommend that he just let it go. It's not like there's any $$$ to be had from Casey.

OTOH, Casey's parents are at least as guilty as she in terms of throwing him under the bus. If he HAS suffered damages, it's likely they will continue to rake in $$$ at Caylee's expense--in which case, sure--why not divert some to Jesse?

I initially voted yes, but now I have to agree with alot of you posters and say NO, definitely stay as far away from the Anthony's as possible, they are like a vapid spreading disease, no sense getting caught in their web of deceit.

I don't think he has any case against KC. I don't recall any public statements or statements to LE from her directly implicating or slandering him. (plus the civil court already views her as indigent, and she is in jail. What would be the point?)

Cindy however is real fair game.

I can just picture Cindy going through a deposition face to face with Jesse.

Attorney: Why did you accuse my client of being involved with the murder of Caylee?

Cindy: I NEVER ONCE mentioned Jesse.

Attorney: Here's a tape of you saying Jesse is involved!

Cindy: I was referring to a different Jesse....lies.........lies.........lies!!!!

I personally think the Anthony's will pay for their lies, and mistruths after Casey is convicted. The SA is just focusing on that case right now.

I think his father is making sure that Jesse does not get any of this BS the A's are trying taken seriously by LE. Everyone's opinion, across the board is that all of the KC sized lies (I have coined that phrase, I think it is very funny) that the A family are perpetuating are BS. No one believes them. No one.

My advice to him would be to hold his head high, testify to the truth, continue in his life with his future plans, continue to believe that God has a sweet, honest girl for him to marry and have his own children with. (It matters that LE has cleared him, publicly and I am very glad they have). Knowing that, I would tell him close this chapter and move on with the rest of your beautiful life, when you are old and gray and looking back your life, the five years you knew CK will disappear among all the other good people, your accomplishments, and all that you can be proud of. If I had the kid's address I would tell him I am proud of him and not to waste another moment looking back.

Jesse if you should ever read this, your life has just begun, treasure the happy memories of a sweet little baby, let the rest go. Be proud that you loved her without condition, it was honorable that you wanted to raise her as your own. God sees you, he knows your heart. The way......., the very, very best way to honor her memory is to have a happy and full life. Julia Watson

I think the only way it would hold up in court is if he could prove that the A's were outright conspiring to pin Caylee's murder on him. While we have seen CA point fingers at Jesse, in LE interviews, that is not conspiring... what it would be perceived as, was just her pointing her finger of opinion at him in an attempt to find out what happened, with nothing to back it up. Now, I think LP is the one that has presented the Grunds with info that makes it sound like the A's were trying to conspire to make Jesse the fall guy... but with how inconsistent LP is in his info on the case, his testimony would be highly questionable. To successfully sue the A's, Jesse would have to have hard evidence (proof that they were planting stuff to frame him, going out and openly slandering his name to anyone and everyone to make people think he is the murderer) to show that they were maliciously going after him...

(honestly, I don't doubt that the A's want this pinned on Jesse... but they haven't been pro-active as far as we know, on a huge scale, to pin it on him. Sure, LP has his bit of info... but we get into credibility issues when it comes to info coming out of his mouth)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back