SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Yep, when we have winds, they swirl around like crazy. About 2 hours after the storm passed, we had another huge limb to fall right on our sidewalk. We have so many high ones that are broken off, and just hanging there. Insurance won't pay for anything that hasn't fallen, so it's on us to get the rest of them down. Might want to keep that in mind.

We have power now, but no INTERNET or cable. I'm stealing INTERNET from the neighbor. Actually, he gave me his security code, so it's not stealing. I told him I was going to cancel my INTERNET service and just glom onto his. LOL! Before we got power back, they took my laptop home and charged it up for me! Since the wires were detached from my house, we were the only ones without cable or power. I guess that's the reason it's taking them so long to get us back up and running. The cable line is still hanging low over the road. You would think they would be out here to fix that. His wife sent me 4 candles in glass container last night. Talk about wonderful neighbors!

Strange? We have no Internet or cable or phone service (landline) in our area either. Ours is all with Suddenlink though. I'm in Texas, don't know where your location is, may be just coincidence. No storm here either.

Wait....the redheaded cohost on Dr. Drew (Jenny Hutt? The chick they call the mermaid) is a lawyer? What rock have I been living under? Oh goodness :facepalm:

Could someone please enlighten me why there will only be six jurors? I've never heard of anything less than twelve.TIA

I believe it's because it's not a 1st Degree Murder case. I could be wrong. I was very confused by that as well. I think I heard that when they were talking about the drunk realtor who was acquitted of manslaughter a few weeks ago.

I think the chat room ruined our family imo...
:sigh: I personally miss the slooowww grooove...

Please tell me it's fun during the daytime too! :please: My job is SO boring and I need a distraction.

Does anyone know if a final decision has been made by the DA or not whether this is heading for another penalty phase. The last I heard is there were some rumors of some sort of deal being considered. I know Juan and family want to redo the penalty phase but just not sure what the final DA decision will be. We may never know till the actual day of the penalty phase suppposed to start because I guess a deal can be made right up until the day of REDO. I think a deal can be made even past that point too, up until the case goes to the new jury again. My understanding anyway, which may be wrong.

I don't think there will be a plea deal. Even if the DT offers one it will be nonsensical and the DA will not go for it. Like 25 years with a chance of parole.

The only plea deal they would accept is LWOP and JA is going to take her chances of finding another Foreman who will buy her BS.

So I say there isn't going to be a plea deal at all.

If I was the DA I would go with the second jury. She really does deserve death instead of LWOP and I hope the DA gets it the second time around. They have out of four case where the penalty phase was retried. Three received death and one received LWOP.

IMO

Wait....the redheaded cohost on Dr. Drew (Jenny Hutt? The chick they call the mermaid) is a lawyer? What rock have I been living under? Oh goodness :facepalm:

She is the one who makes those crazy facial expressions on Dr. Drew. She usually will act like she is either confused OR contemplating global warming. :floorlaugh:

Her expressions just crack me up :floorlaugh:

I believe it's because it's not a 1st Degree Murder case. I could be wrong. I was very confused by that as well. I think I heard that when they were talking about the drunk realtor who was acquitted of manslaughter a few weeks ago.

And Florida is also different when it comes to a death penalty case.

12 jurors sit on the case and have to all agree on the guilt phase........however in the penalty phase the majority rules.

In other words if JAs case had happened in Florida she would be on death row by now.

IMO

She is the one who makes those crazy facial expressions on Dr. Drew. She usually will act like she is either confused OR contemplating global warming. :floorlaugh:

....or constipated....

I hope I don't offend anyone, but does Janine Driver (the blond "lie detector" on Dr. Drew) bother anyone else? She bugs me for some reason.

I'm watching DD for the first time in awhile tonight, if you hadn't noticed by my posts :)

It's Defending Jacob - a very good book. I read it last month.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Starred Review* A 14-year-old boy is stabbed to death in the park near his middle school in an upper-class Boston suburb, and Assistant District Attorney Andy Barber takes the case, despite the fact that his son, Jacob, was a classmate of the victim. But when the bloody fingerprint on the victim’s clothes turns out to be Jacob’s, Barber is off the case and out of his office, devoting himself solely to defending his son.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read that book when it was released early last year, and again later - then listened to the audio version while working in my garden. With each reading, I gained new insight in the various subplots I thought were, when added together, almost as important as the main plot.
The book club I belong to chose it for discussion, and each member noticed something different to focus on. It was a fascinating discussion and now that we have so many new members, I'd like to do it again.

SPOILER ALERT!

One of the interesting dichotomies:
Jacob's father is Andy, the acting ADA. His protégé, and second in command after Andy is Neal.
Andy has put his own sweat and blood into training inexperienced Neal, and although flawed, Andy hopes great things for Neal. When Andy is placed on leave because of a conflict of interest, it is Neal that plays the adversarial role in Andy's life. Regardless of the roles they each must play, Andy cannot help but continue to mentor Neal. Experiencing pride when Neal performs well, and silently reprimanding him when he errors.

It's a quick read that I recommend for any interested in the Arias case.

Did you all hear on Dr. Drew that CMJA has attacked another prisoner in jail? It is on next.

Shes quite pretty and it shows.
shes quite educated but that part doesnt show. Just saying!

I read that book when it was released early last year, and again later - then listened to the audio version while working in my garden. With each reading, I gained new insight in the various subplots I thought were, when added together, almost as important as the main plot.
The book club I belong to chose it for discussion, and each member noticed something different to focus on. It was a fascinating discussion and now that we have so many new members, I'd like to do it again.

SPOILER ALERT!

One of the interesting dichotomies:
Jacob's father is Andy, the acting ADA. His protégé, and second in command after Andy is Neal.
Andy has put his own sweat and blood into training inexperienced Neal, and although flawed, Andy hopes great things for Neal. When Andy is placed on leave because of a conflict of interest, it is Neal that plays the adversarial role in Andy's life. Regardless of the roles they each must play, Andy cannot help but continue to mentor Neal. Experiencing pride when Neal performs well, and silently reprimanding him when he errors.

It's a quick read that I recommend for any interested in the Arias case.

This title sounded familiar so I browsed my bookshelf and realized I borrowed this book a few months ago from my aunt. I can't wait to start reading it tonight before bed.

Did you all hear on Dr. Drew that CMJA has attacked another prisoner in jail? It is on next.

Wasn't old news to me! My jaw dropped when I heard that, though I don't know why I'm surprised. I had to laugh when DD said that JA was told to sit down and stop talking, and that with all of those infractions she blamed other inmates. To quote DD...."classic Jodi." I'd love to read more about these.

Why is Jenny in the top row some weeks and in the bottom row of heads the other weeks? A few weeks ago it looked like her hair was trying to strangle her. At least now her hair has calmed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf