SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all you who are putting down the smokes...
I am giving myself a birthday present this year ....all the $$$ I will save on those nasty ole things.... I have the rest of the day to smoke it up and tomorrow Happy smoke-free birthday to me !

I bet the Judge grants the defense two extra weeks to take care of their prior engagements and will start the Penalty Phase retrial on August 1.

I can't believe I'm posting about Stabby. But I read (somewhere) that the DT wants to delay the 2nd sentencing phase until 2014.

Now how in the he$$ is going to be able to get that past the judge and JM? The Alexanders have a right to closure!

MOO

Mel

I am giving myself a birthday present this year ....all the $$$ I will save on those nasty ole things.... I have the rest of the day to smoke it up and tomorrow Happy smoke-free birthday to me !

Good idea, Cubbee Girl! Happy birthday to you, a belated birthday greeting to Neesaki, and many happy returns to all WSers who have their special day this month!

[video=youtube;ztoSUhbNntQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztoSUhbNntQ[/video]

Congrats, dani!!

We kinda quit together as we did it around the same time. Feel free to pm me if you ever need support!

:rockon:

CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!

I wasn't sure if you quit. I kept looking for you on the "Quitters" thread. I know we were both talking about quitting about 10 days ago but I was waiting until I finished off my last carton.

This is not my first time quitting smoking. Once I even quit for two years but the day my husband died I bought a pack and here we are 6 years later. But for some reason, this time is the easiest time ever.

I quit June 8th. How about you? (And you feel free to PM me as well, anytime. Quitters love company!) :seeya:

Happy Birthday tomorrow and that's one heck of a birthday gift you're giving yourself. (More birthdays down the road.)

:partyguy: :bdscroll: :partyguy:

How about everyone that quit recently going to this thread and let's make a list of who quit and what date? I'll start and you copy and paste so we can have it all in one list. OK? Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to all who are quitting smoking - that is quite an achievement! :bananalama:

Brought some lovely confections. Actually, I tried to bring them in, but they're too big! So here's a link:

http://eatmyshortbread.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/28.jpg

Will be in and out today, as I'm cleaning in anticipation of guests. Checking in on WS is a welcome respite from sheer slave labor! :wink:

Those are so beautiful I could cry

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

But Flores is being played by Batista from Dexter! I'll probably watch and pretend that he's playing Batista. AZ central is dumb- he filmed this while filming the last season of Dexter. He needed that facial hair! Jimmy Smitts should have played Juan. I know he can do intense. Maybe HBO will do a miniseries and do it better. You know, tell the true story. I'd almost rather see Micheal C Hall in a wig playing Jodi Arias than the actress they have.

BBM.......:floorlaugh:

CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!

This is not my first time quitting smoking. Once I even quit for two years but the day my husband died I bought a pack and here we are 6 years later. But for some reason, this time is the easiest time ever.
:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. May God rest his soul!

hiya all! :seeya:

been super busy as of late, and actually enjoyed being "jodi-less" for a bit.

i think i read on one of the threads recently a mention of a comparison to this case and the novel "Gone Girl," by Jillian Flynn.

i just finished reading it, and i found it mind blowing how eerily similar the behaviors, attitudes, etc., etc., were between JA and the protagonist/antagonist of this novel. what i also found interesting were the attitudes expressed by many in online reviews. although the novel has received a great deal of praise by both readers and critics, many found the plot "too unrealistic," or "too out there," thereby devaluing many readers overall impression of the novel. in drafting my own review i stated that until several months ago i might have come away from the novel with the same dismissive mindset, yet after watching and learning about personality disorders and sociopaths/psychopaths from this trial i think the author nailed it. for me, it really brings home the reality of these kinds of situations/relationships and that this type of thing does happen and shouldn't be written off as some sort of fiction that doesn't exist!

anyway.....i highly recommend the book to those who haven't read it. and to those who have, i'd love to hear your thoughts :)

hiya all! :seeya:

been super busy as of late, and actually enjoyed being "jodi-less" for a bit.

i think i read on one of the threads recently a mention of a comparison to this case and the novel "Gone Girl," by Jillian Flynn.

i just finished reading it, and i found it mind blowing how eerily similar the behaviors, attitudes, etc., etc., were between JA and the protagonist/antagonist of this novel. what i also found interesting were the attitudes expressed by many in online reviews. although the novel has received a great deal of praise by both readers and critics, many found the plot "too unrealistic," or "too out there," thereby devaluing many readers overall impression of the novel. in drafting my own review i stated that until several months ago i might have come away from the novel with the same dismissive mindset, yet after watching and learning about personality disorders and sociopaths/psychopaths from this trial i think the author nailed it. for me, it really brings home the reality of these kinds of situations/relationships and that this type of thing does happen and shouldn't be written off as some sort of fiction that doesn't exist!

anyway.....i highly recommend the book to those who haven't read it. and to those who have, i'd love to hear your thoughts :)

I just pulled it up on Amazon........hmmm.....debating whether I should "kindle" it. Reading that the ending was kind of a buzz kill, but with the "BPD, sociopath, psychopath" knowledge, does it make it better?
Thinking out loud....read all 5 of Dean Koontz's "Frankenstein", major disappointment when I realized the 5th was just written to fulfill his contract, the 1st 4 were great! Kinda like Stephen King, when he just puts in a bunch of "filler" so his manuscript goes 800 pages, ie., "The Stand" and "Dreamcatcher". I have a tendency to read the first sentence of a paragraph and if it's "blah", I just "bleep" over that paragraph.
Have a book sitting here my son's GF lent me, Ken Follet's "The Pillars of the Earth". His GF is finishing up her doctorate in Medieval Lit, so she's very Tolkien. That said, she's pretty awesome in a "daughter-in-law" kinda way, which looks like the direction they're going! :thumb:

Just popping in again :seeya:
I have a bad middle ear infection and I started bleeding from the ear at 4.30am after a big pop....turns out I now have a perforated ear drum.
Life is great :facepalm:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just popping in again :seeya:
I have a bad middle ear infection and I started bleeding from the ear at 4.30am after a big pop....turns out I now have a perforated ear drum.
Life is great :facepalm:

Oh noooooo That must be super painful. I hope you feel better soon. Now you and your family need to stay out of hospitals!!

:grouphug::nurse::therethere::rose:

Oh noooooo That must be super painful. I hope you feel better soon. Now you and your family need to stay out of hospitals!!

:grouphug::nurse::therethere::rose:

Surprisingly it was sorer yesterday before the perforated drum. Was so bad that I wanted to smash my face off :floorlaugh:

I just blew my nose there and I swear some of my brain popped out my ear :eek: :floorlaugh:
Can hear a little better now though, no pain no gain

I just pulled it up on Amazon........hmmm.....debating whether I should "kindle" it. Reading that the ending was kind of a buzz kill, but with the "BPD, sociopath, psychopath" knowledge, does it make it better?
Thinking out loud....read all 5 of Dean Koontz's "Frankenstein", major disappointment when I realized the 5th was just written to fulfill his contract, the 1st 4 were great! Kinda like Stephen King, when he just puts in a bunch of "filler" so his manuscript goes 800 pages, ie., "The Stand" and "Dreamcatcher". I have a tendency to read the first sentence of a paragraph and if it's "blah", I just "bleep" over that paragraph.
Have a book sitting here my son's GF lent me, Ken Follet's "The Pillars of the Earth". His GF is finishing up her doctorate in Medieval Lit, so she's very Tolkien. That said, she's pretty awesome in a "daughter-in-law" kinda way, which looks like the direction they're going! :thumb:

The ending that everyone is critiquing stems from the fact that its pretty ambiguous...a little like the final episode of the sopranos!!! :lol:

I think the author may have been trying to soften the logical unhappy ending??? Put another way, an ending similar to Travis's. to me, it's really the only logical conclusion, but again I'm being heavily swayed by my experience with this trial! Many don't like or appreciate books that don't end on a happy note, and in this story, I think the ending isn't what people hoped for, ie., good prevails over evil. As we see in Travis's story, and in countless others in real life, evil can win in the sense that they either are never "caught," or before they are, they are able to do a **** load of damage before they're taken down.

As for the BPD, personality disorders aspect of the book, the author could have been using Jodi as a prototype, IMO, and for that alone I think it's worth it....I'm sorry but I may have been too spoilerish!

FWIW I loved, loved "pillars of the earth," and used tho read KF all the time.

And good for you on the future possibility of having a great daughter-in-law!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024