SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I haven't been on here for a long time. The transition from being obsessed with this trial to having a normal life has been fairly easy for me. :) I hope and pray that this Judge sides with the State and gets this trial moving along.

I've read some say that we're here sitting comfortably in our homes saying we can sentence a criminal to death, that it's not the same thing as being a juror sitting in the courtroom having to actually make that decision. That's right. I tell you, if I were a juror in the Arias trial and if I had to sit in court and look at ALL the autopsy and crime scene photos of Travis Alexander then I would take 10 seconds to sentence JA to death. I would rather save a cockroach than a person like JA. She is the worst of the worst.

As for the actual jurors in the case I don't see why we need to endlessly thank them for what they did. As citizens they are required to serve on juries. They did so although some did their jobs most imperfectly. It's not like they went to war or gave up their kidneys or something. Something is seriously wrong with the foreman. Even the P12 jurors made more sense than the foreman of this JA trial.

At this point life in prison or death is okay by me as long as the monster is locked up in a cage.

So what do y'all think about the State Prosecution's filing to the court yesterday? Will they get that July 30 DP retrial? I've been mostly absent for a couple of days and want to know.....

do you have a link to those entries? can't find any not even on the facebook page TIA

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here for a long time. The transition from being obsessed with this trial to having a normal life has been fairly easy for me. :) I hope and pray that this Judge sides with the State and gets this trial moving along.

I've read some say that we're here sitting comfortably in our homes saying we can sentence a criminal to death, that it's not the same thing as being a juror sitting in the courtroom having to actually make that decision. That's right. I tell you, if I were a juror in the Arias trial and if I had to sit in court and look at ALL the autopsy and crime scene photos of Travis Alexander then I would take 10 seconds to sentence JA to death. I would rather save a cockroach than a person like JA. She is the worst of the worst.

As for the actual jurors in the case I don't see why we need to endlessly thank them for what they did. As citizens they are required to serve on juries. They did so although some did their jobs most imperfectly. It's not like they went to war or gave up their kidneys or something. Something is seriously wrong with the foreman. Even the P12 jurors made more sense than the foreman of this JA trial.

At this point life in prison or death is okay by me as long as the monster is locked up in a cage.

I'm the same as you. From eating, breathing and dreaming the Jodi Arias trial, I suffered slight withdrawal symptoms for a couple of days, but now all is back to normal and when I think of her, I just think she's nothing. Rotting away in jail for the rest of her natural. I've looked on the forum a few times .. but this is my first post in a while.

Speaking for me personally, I kind of wish they didn't give her court time again, because it just puts her back in the limelight she craves. Once again, all the attention will be on Jodi whereas right now - she's banged up out of sight and the only people she's got to listen to her, or command attention from, are those poor souls who, for whatever reason, come within her physical presence - those who guard her, fellow inmates, her family, legal team and anyone else like Donovan who willingly put themselves in her sphere of influence. But for the rest of the world she's nothing more that a bit of dog chit on a shoe.

However, I do understand 100% why they are going for the DP one more time ... and no doubt once it all starts up again, I will become emotionally invested and be hoping she gets a one way ticket to death row.

But right now, I'm happy that she's out of sight, and not commanding the media and public attention that she loves so much. I'd be quite happy if she stays there until such times as she shuffles off this mortal coil - even if it's 50 years' or more away. I quite like the thought of her growing old and wrinkly in jail but would be equally happy if she gets the DP.

We were just talking about watching all of the Sopranos over from the beginning, after we finish Breaking Bad. Sopranos, though a little rough around the edges, lol, is a great series. Breaking Bad, not so rough, easier on the eyes and the ears, if you know what I mean.

Breaking Bad is very good. I watched it on Netflix last year. If Sidebar folks watch the last episodes beginning Aug 11 we could discuss here...and/or Sopranos rewatch. Two of the best shows ever on TV

[The Sopranos: 2x07 D-Girl - Tony and Dr. Melfi talk about Existentialism (HD 1080p) - YouTube

:seeya:

Don't stay away so long next time! We wondered where you were!

What time is court today?

Hi Hopeful! Congrats on your two weeks smoke free :rockon:.

I have been hearing 8:30 AZ time (11:30 a.m. Eastern).

Breaking Bad is very good. I watched it on Netflix last year. If Sidebar folks watch the last episodes beginning Aug 11 we could discuss here...and/or Sopranos rewatch. Two of the best shows ever on TV

[The Sopranos: 2x07 D-Girl - Tony and Dr. Melfi talk about Existentialism (HD 1080p) - YouTube

OMG, I just heard that James Gandolfino died. Did you already know Tex? :cry:

ETA: Nevermind, I just went back and re-read and saw I had missed that part of your post. How sad, only 51 y/o with a 9 month old daughter. What a loss. :cry:

Hey Hopeful One! I hope you're doing well. :seeya:

8:30 a.m. Arizona time I hear. Most of it in chambers as usual. Some things don't change!

Hello Everyone.
Are any stations like HLN going to do any reporting on this status conference today?

I heard Wild About Trial was going to have live coverage. That is just a rumor but that is where I am going to start. MOO

I heard Wild About Trial was going to have live coverage. That is just a rumor but that is where I am going to start. MOO

From yesterday:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
I will see everyone tomorrow morning at 8:30am PDT for official fashion/bangs report at the #JodiArias hearing. Will Nurmi have salmon on?

I WISH we could watch live!

Does John Liberman run Wild About Trial? Is he the one who tweets about the salmon ties etc.?

I was watching Jane Velez Mitchell last night and he was on - under his name it sail Contributor to Wild About Trial.

:seeya: Morning !!!

Checking in for news on today's status conference.

I just checked Wild About Trial :

snippet from : http://wildabouttrial.com/attorneys-meet-to-discuss-jodi-arias-case/?preview=true

"The hearing Thursday could address the timing of a potential new trial. Arias’ attorneys have asked to resume the case in January 2014 because of scheduling conflicts and the need to prepare a new case. Prosecutors believe the new penalty phase could begin at the end of July."

:twocents: Judge needs to deny the defense's request to postpone the penalty phase to 2014 ...

It's taking way too long for Justice for Travis !

:please: for Travis and his Family !

:seeya: Hi Rose ! Nice to see ya here ! And good post !

Good morning everyone. Hopefully today we will get some decent news about the trial.

Home from work with a migraine and been watching The Sopranos on YouTube.

RIP James Gandolfini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member