SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have cable TV, the remote for your box will have a volume control. Play with it some, lowering the volume on it, and raising the volume on the TV remote. Vice versa. Might help! And no you're not terrible.

I have satellite and there is a separate box. I'll try it in the AM.
I'm going to try to get to sleep- it's 1:47 here. Hope I can get to sleep this time.
thanks and good-night. :seeya:

KCL, Do you know the reason why he hates JM so much?
I've been curious about this since you started talking about Mr. Reporter!

TIA :seeya:

Thin Lizzy
The Black Rose.
"Do Anything You Want To"

There are people that will investigate you,
They'll insinuate, intimidate, and complicate you,
Don't ever wait or hesitate to,
state the fate that awaits those who,
Try to shake or take you,
Don't let them break you.

You, can do anything you wanna do
It's not wrong, what I'm saying is true
You can do anything you wanna do
Do what you want to.

People that despise you,
will analyse,
then criticise you.
They'll scandalise,
and tell lies,
until they realize you
are somebody they should've apologised to,
Don't let these people compromise you
Be wise to.

You, can do anything you wanna do
It's not wrong what I'm saying, it's true,
You can do anything you wanna do
Do what you want to

Hey you.
You're not their puppet on a string,
You can do everything.
It's true, if you really want to,
You can do anything you want.

Just like I do.

You can do anything you want,
It's not wrong, what I sing, it's true
You can do anything you want.
Do what you want.
++++++++++++++++

From message boards, to the boss, and all aspects of life, these people
think they are above the general scope of things.
Imposing, de-railing, with their own brand of control and smugitude..
Some are more crafty and subtle..
A certain reporter can kiss it.

I have a problem and need some help.
When my older son visited me last month, he bought me one of those big HD flat screen TVs. I didn't need a new TV as my old one- 32 inch- was working fine. i thanked him, but now the sound, when it is on low, is very tiney and scratchy. I don't know how to tell him without making him feel as if I'm complaining about the TV. I don't want to be ungrateful.
I hate new things. I usually don't replace things unless it's broken and not fixable.
I don't like the TV because I can see every pimple on faces.
I'm terrible.

My tv sound was funky too i bought a sound bar for about $200 and its perfect now
I got used to huge screen but it took a bit. You can also have tv go through your
Stereo speakers which improves the quality of the sound.
tell him so the problem can be fixed so you are happy.

I'll call him (he lives in another state) and tell him. He'll be visiting me again next month. Maybe the TV's sound thingy is off and he can return it.
I still have the old TV, but I don't know how to re-hook it up with all the darn wires and the remote has to be re- coded or something again. Needless problems- pffff. Everything seems so complicated these days to me. I'm an old poop.
Thanks for the advice.

Most new tvs are so thin that they cannot fit decent speakers inside. After I got one, I complained about the tinny sound and was told there are "sound bars" most people buy for them to get decent sound. I'm not going to do that. It is not my primary tv and I don't want to spend the money or have another accessory! Digital sound as well as digital images are inferior - they are only a digital "representation" of the real sound and picture.

I swore to myself I wasn't going to follow that trial, and I'm not... just went to the thread to check on one thing. It's locked. Does anyone know why?

It's locked until tomorrow morning, the beginning of the trial.

Evening everyone.
Thought I'd post this funny:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A techie woman writes to the IT Technical support.....
Dear Tech Support,
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and I noticed a distinct slowdown in the overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewellery applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5 , and then installed undesirable programs such as NEWS 5.0 , MONEY 3.0 and ESPN 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system.

Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?

_______ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______ ___ _______

The IT Help Desk Responds

DEAR Madam,

First, keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system.

Please enter command: ithoughtyoulovedme.html and try to download Tears 6.2 and do not forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update.
If that application works as designed, Husband1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewellery 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

However, remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband1.0 to default to Silence 2.5 or Beer 6.1.
Please note that Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly (Beta version).

Whatever you do, DO NOT in any circumstances install Mother-In-Law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources.)

In addition, please do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance.
We recommend: Cooking 3.0 and Good Looks 7.7.

Good Luck Madam!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And a riddle:

What does man love more than life?

Fear more than death or mortal strife?

What do the poor have, that the rich require,

And what contented men desire?

What does the miser spend,

The spendthrift save,

And all men carry to their graves?
Is the answer, more time?

I loved this! Thanks for the laughs!

When my older son visited me last month, he bought me one of those big HD flat screen TVs. I didn't need a new TV as my old one- 32 inch- was working fine. i thanked him, but now the sound, when it is on low, is very tiney and scratchy. I don't know how to tell him without making him feel as if I'm complaining about the TV. I don't want to be ungrateful.
I hate new things. I usually don't replace things unless it's broken and not fixable.
I'm terrible.

BBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh YESorNO I am in tears of laughter here. There I was reading your post about the new TV quite normally and when I got to that line ... I just burst out laughing lol! So funny and so true!

I'm terrible.

Please tell him. It may very well be just that tv. He may have to return it. I am like you. I hate these new things. Tell him what you told us.

I'll call him (he lives in another state) and tell him. He'll be visiting me again next month. Maybe the TV's sound thingy is off and he can return it.
I still have the old TV, but I don't know how to re-hook it up with all the darn wires and the remote has to be re- coded or something again. Needless problems- pffff. Everything seems so complicated these days to me. I'm an old poop.
Thanks for the advice.

since its a new tv,it will have different sound settings, like cinema etc. you can change those for better/different sound. my tv has these anyway and most do i have encountered

I swore to myself I wasn't going to follow that trial, and I'm not... just went to the thread to check on one thing. It's locked. Does anyone know why?

Linda7NJ: You can go to the top of the thread and under Notice there is a direct link to the live stream.

I'm terrible.

See if you can get him to visit again, and ask him to do some adjustments on it for you. Some of those flat screens have real cheesy audio because they were made to be hooked up to a home theater......I bought one for the bedroom just cause it was a space saver, and it was a PITA to get all hooked up and figured out. I don't do cell phones or any of that other techno stuff, and if it isn't broke, I don't replace it either.
Hold on to it either way, tube tvs are going to be non-existent in a few years, and everything will be transmitted High Def and Digital.

Evening everyone.
Thought I'd post this funny:

A techie woman writes to the IT Technical support.....
Dear Tech Support,
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and I noticed a distinct slowdown in the overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewellery applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5 , and then installed undesirable programs such as NEWS 5.0 , MONEY 3.0 and ESPN 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system.

Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?

_______ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______ ___ _______

The IT Help Desk Responds

DEAR Madam,

First, keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system.

Please enter command: ithoughtyoulovedme.html and try to download Tears 6.2 and do not forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update.
If that application works as designed, Husband1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewellery 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

However, remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband1.0 to default to Silence 2.5 or Beer 6.1.
Please note that Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly (Beta version).

Whatever you do, DO NOT in any circumstances install Mother-In-Law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources.)

In addition, please do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance.
We recommend: Cooking 3.0 and Good Looks 7.7.

Good Luck Madam!

Respectfully snipped by me...

Loved this!!!!! :floorlaugh:

TFS!

I'm terrible.

The new "HD TV" (High Definition) is the reason you are seeing "every pimple on faces". As for the sound, there are adjustments you can make to make it more to your liking. It will be in the manual for the TV under "audio".

Or, the easy way is to just ask a neighborhood kid to adjust it for you. I'm not kidding. Ask any one from about 8 years old an up and they will have it fixed in about 2 minutes. I think "technology" is in their DNA these days.:twocents:

:truce:
If you're enthused to LMN's consistent "Base on a True Story", straight out of the rear end of a bull, dramas, this movie will NOT disappoint you!

Filmed entirely in some nameless "burb", no doubt in California, you are suggestively "taken" to such locals as Las Vegas, Desert Palms, and Mesa, but if you don't hear one of the "actors" mention it, you will be lost without a GPS, or should I say, sucked into the GBS, (general bull s***) of this "movie".

LMN treads lightly, obviously doing their best to avoid lawsuits brought on by John Does A-Z, Jane Does A-Z, Corps A-Z, and such trade names as the MGM Grand, "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and Starbucks. CMJA even has an imaginary friend, "Cherry" who does "lunch" and yoga classes with CMJA. OMG. Even "Naps" has a stand in, a pug who's color, in no way, represents Naps' coloring. CYA, LMN, C.Y.A.

There's more "autopsy photos" and an R rated murder scene that goes WAY beyond the pale. Again, more squeeze on the guts of the bull, hot, steamy, and odoriferous. Although, we were guided into the Stock Yard a few mere minutes into this drama, undoubtedly in the men's bathroom of all places, the stench continues throughout.

The 2 actors, who bring ANYTHING into this little diddy, are the actor playing the character of Travis, and that of Det. Flores. I don't have a clue as to who played Travis, but he seems to be fighting the urge to step away from the insanity of what LMN tries to form as a "plot", which is further from the truth than CMJA's blond hair. Det. Flores' part was most likely a "Cameo" appearance by veteran actor David Zayas, of "Dexter" fame, who probably hadn't a clue of how discombobulated this farce would play out. I'm sure it will be considered the low point in his acting career, and be unmentioned in any of his future acting resumes.

The scenery, stages, settings, etc., incredibly conflict with the true to life scenario. We are introduced to such walk ins as "Nick, Kate, Paul, Helen, Angela, and grandma" who bring nothing, nada, zip. CMJA's ex's are referred to as the "vampire hunter" and that guy who was "20 years older". Somehow. MM got lost, or threatened suit.

The most memorable statement in the entire fiasco? "Looks like Martha Stewart jumped on a grenade." No doubt, the whole movie was the aftermath of a mortar thrown into a cow pie........

For all you WS's, your hand will ache from writing quick notes of all the "falsities" seen and uttered through just the first 10 minutes of this massive piece of fiction. Sheriff Joe's pink and black jail uniforms weren't even given their due :facepalm: CMJA actress's "rack" was even sub par, to say nothing of LMN's creative license in putting her in Victoria's Secret lingerie instead of those well known "Granny Panties".

Should we all get a nickel for every inconsistency in this "flick", that deviated from the truth, we could all retire in Cancun, aka "Hawaii" per LMN.

If for some reason you feel the need to watch this mockery, you can play "Where's Kweefer?", as no doubt, our "favorite reporter" ad nauseum, is probably hidden somewhere in all this manure, maybe an "extra" in the court scene or in the car of yelling youngsters who speed off moments before Travis finds his tires slashed.

We are NOT graced by Ms. Grace, as so often LMN does, but we do hear a sound byte from her and Anderson Cooper. Maybe Ms. Grace's barrettes had a malfunction?

I give it 2 cow pies. Not worth your time or effort, re-watch the trial and the 48 Hours/Dateline episodes on You Tube.

Post Script: Just glanced at my 4+ pages of "notes". If you're expecting to watch something ala "The Bad Seed", "The Good Son" or "Fatal Attraction"......not gonna happen. CMJA's pathology isn't really delved into, and you are left with a "I don't get it?" Not even a "What's a girl to do?" Leans it more into the "Insanity" arena rather than the "Psycho B**** from He!!".

And all you Juanettes? Put your pom poms down cause the "Juan" actor and his few lines are so minimal, if you blink, you'll miss them. Yes, I was disappointed too.......

Bravo!!!!:great:

The new "HD TV" (High Definition) is the reason you are seeing "every pimple on faces". As for the sound, there are adjustments you can make to make it more to your liking. It will be in the manual for the TV under "audio".

Or, the easy way is to just ask a neighborhood kid to adjust it for you. I'm not kidding. Ask any one from about 8 years old an up and they will have it fixed in about 2 minutes. I think "technology" is in their DNA these days.:twocents:

:floorlaugh: 12 years back, I was the only one I knew who had the patience to do the "stereo system, cable/dish, TV, VCR, DVD" thing, and the "PC w/speakers, scanner/printer/fax, copier, keyboard, mouse deal", tons of wires and plugs, made putting a security system with IR cameras a cinch to install.....My philosophy now, the old "give a fish, teach to fish, but show me the cash!" (Hey, you can pay me, or the Geek Squad, electrician, plumber, or backhoe operator, don't matter to me either way!)
I've had Adobe Creative Suite 6 on my PC for a year now, and still haven't gone through more than 5 tutorials, urgh!
Remember when your folks or grandparents would ask you to program their top loading VHS VCR? Gack! I have trouble programming my Universal remote!!:facepalm:
I'm one of those "Keep it simple, stupid" kind of people....

Maybe you all have seen this, but I especially loved the last line..."Arias also tweeted this weekend that she has completed a new painting, a portrait of a bighorn sheep which she is offering for sale for $2,000."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias...eal-conviction/story?id=19467665#.UcjIHeBpe0s

Narcissist is a beginner level for Jodi...she continues to believe she is in control of her own destiny.

La, la, la, la Jodi's World, la, la, la, la, Jodi's World....

Heard this on the radio while ago, just at the right time when I was needing to smile and laugh a little. So for the other Steve Martin fans out there, I found this on Youtube to share. A shame the videos such poor quality. He's still funny though, lol.

Steve Martin - King Tut (Live 1979) - YouTube

Evening everyone.
A friend e-mailed this to me and I thought I'd pass it on. How many of these did your mother say to you?-LOL:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Mother Taught Me...
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
'If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.'

2. My mother taught me RELIGION .
'You better pray that this will come out of the carpet.'

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL
'If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!'

4. My mother taught me LOGIC .
' Because I said so, that's why.'

5.My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
'If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me.'

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
'Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident.'

7. My mother taught me IRONY.
'Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about.'

8. My mother taught me about the Science of OSMOSIS.
'Shut your mouth and eat your supper.'

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .
'Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!'

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA
'You'll sit there until all that SOUP is gone.'

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER ..
'This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.'

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY
'If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!'

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE .
'I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.'

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
'Stop acting like your father!'

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
'There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do..'

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
'Just wait until we get home.'

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
'You are going to get it when you get home!'

My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
'If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way.'

19. My mother taught me ESP .
'Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?'

20. My mother taught me HUMOUR .
'When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me..'

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN
ADULT .
'If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.'

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
'You're just like your father.'