SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
What if someday, a genetic marker for psychopathy is found and a prenatal test for that marker (or whatever it is called) is developed? It might lead to elective abortions if a person thinks that their child will be a psychopath. (I have no problems with other people's decisions.)

I was just having this conversation with my husband. His belief is that some people are bad seeds and we got talking about genetic prenatal tests. It would not surprise me if researchers were looking at a genetic component. I really have not read much about psychopathy but your info about Robert Hare is interesting.

I loved The Bad Seed! Too bad all killers, rapists, child abusers, animal abusers are not hit by lightning. I am going to have to watch the Kevin movie. I ordered it from Netflix and it was a defective disc and never ordered another one. It sounds creepy.

Sulamith - Do yourself a favor and read the book first. The movie really doesn't do it justice. "We Need to Talk About Kevin", by Lionel Shriver. Really....read the book first.

Dang, I can't view the link :banghead:
Says cookies must be enabled
Except I never disabled them and
have been able to view other azcentral articles.:(

Use another browser, that's what I had to do after I'd viewed too much on there, and now my original browser plays things just fine too, go figure.

Oh my Princess, I do understand how difficult it is for you to live with a child who has this disability. Although not from the perspective of a mom, but as a friend who loves my friends kids as though they are my own. I would fight like a momma bear for them. One friend in particular had to battle the system when her child was diagnosed and caught in that void where he was just aging out at 17 yrs when he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. The health care system had pretty much dropped him and there was no local support system that could provide support other than tell them how to cope. It's so wrong that our health system doesn't provide equal support for our kids like they do for our inmates. Makes me so mad! Anyway, she had to move to a different province which provided continued monitored support into his adulthood. Now why in the world aren't the same options available everywhere?!
One thing I did learn from her is, no matter what obstacles are presented, a child knows their best advocate is MOM. Your child and the doctors know it!
And YES, it DOES matter what you do for them even when they get angry, withdraw or turn on you! They always come back to you, they always trust that you'll fight for them, will always hear you even when you think they aren't listening. It's safe for your child to let go around you, because you are Mom, you are his/her safety net of unconditional love. And because you persevere, one day a doctor will take notice of your commitment to your child and will want to work with you and your child to help you manage this! Keep your eye on that vision while you take the day to day challenges one at a time. Remember to breathe. Remember too, believe in yourself.

There are wonderful support sites on the net. It's not enough but it does help and could offer suggestions of different avenues to try until you get the help needed for your child to manage his/her BPD.
And especially seek respite for yourself. You are important to all who love you! Remember to call on your friends...it's what friends do best...listen, stand in for you, cry with you, and just be there for you in whatever capacity you need.
Remember too, believe in yourself.
Wishing you continued strength and courage and love.

If we could live up to all the expectations put upon us, we could cure the world. I wish.

:heartbeat:

I have no words.....all I can say is thank you, and bless you.

Watching Dr. Drew. I have noticed many times and today that he uses an evil and embarrasing coercion technique on his guests to get them to agree with him.

Just a little bit ago he said some phsychobabble opinion comment and then immediately puts one of his female guests on the spot and says "Dont you agree XXXXX" ?

And of course, the guests feel they have to agree with him instead of getting into an arugment or conflict with the host of the show. What a sneaky method he does to gain credibility and get others to agree with him.

Wow! so much that didn't come out during trial. And :/ on how the attorney's interacted with each other. Animosity much?

After reading Katiecoolady's posts, I am not surprised that Kiefer tried to show Juan in the worst possible light (those vids are under his byline). Like Juan was always the difficult and aggresive one, and the DT had SUCH an uphill battle fighting the nasty prosecutor in order to give their client a fair trial. There were about a million sidebars during this trial, and I'm betting Nurmi and Willie got their share of potshots in too. Funny thing though, never heard Nurmi speak a word in any of these sidebars. Not.a.word.

I would like to know how cherry picked these "examples" of the sidebars were. I'm willing to bet they were chosen with more than a bit of bias. MOO.

I'd like to see someone get a hold of them who will really release the whole story. Yes these will be cherry picked by Kiefer and his boy wonder Williams to do as they do....portray Martinez in the worst possible light and the defense team as helpless victims fighting the good fight.

Blech.

Note: Chris Williams calls him his "reporting partner". He's another one we learned to avoid. He's got the same rabidity Kiefer has, just a lighter case of it.

Lawd, have mercy!!!! :eek:verreaction: Kweefer has a groupie, a little "mini-me"......can we call him a "Kweefette"? :floorlaugh:

(and that was written in the most sincerest form of endearment....NOT!)

I just want a reporter, journalist to report the "Facts", I'm a big girl, I can slant or opine all by myself with the "facts"!
Rabidity I can cure, just entice ol' Kweefer and his side kick into a kennel, maybe throw a pic of tired CMJA in the back as a lure, and drive 'em up here. It's the ".45 cent cure", just bring your ear plugs and a bag of quick lime........

So I'm in a goofy mood, just being silly, blame it on the moon :moo:

...."Kweefette".........:floorlaugh:

I'd like to see someone get a hold of them who will really release the whole story. Yes these will be cherry picked by Kiefer and his boy wonder Williams to do as they do....portray Martinez in the worst possible light and the defense team as helpless victims fighting the good fight.

Blech.

Unfortunately they've been sealed again, and I think those who have them will be playing them very close to the vest. Great ratings grab. But it's interesting that Kiefer was the one who released those teasers. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.

:floorlaugh:

Is there something wrong with my tv or does everyone on DD and the GZ case look like they have been skiing. :seeya:

Unfortunately they've been sealed again, and I think those who have them will be playing them very close to the vest. Great ratings grab. But it's interesting that Kiefer was the one who released those teasers. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.

What's also interesting is that, it's my belief anyway, that HE is the subject of some of those closed hearings, trying to figure out who was leaking to him. Bet those won't get "reported". :stormingmad:

I'm still waiting for the manifesto. :floorlaugh:

Use another browser, that's what I had to do after I'd viewed too much on there, and now my original browser plays things just fine too, go figure.

Shut your "Browser" down (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Rockmelt, Safari, etc)
"Defrag" your computer (under "Accessories"/"System Tools")
Re-open your "Browser"
Clear you "History" in the drop down menu under your browser's "Options"
Open a new tab and type "about: plugins" (connect the colons to the p) it's coming out as an emoticon urgh!
That should take you to your plug ins
Go to the Shockwave plug in and make sure it is enabled
(You might find 2 plug ins for Shockwave, one specific to your browser and one that is "Adobe Flash Player", both should be enabled)

Shockwave will crash if you have too many tabs open, multiple browsers running, or more than one tab open with animation and/or music.

I learned a lot of cool PC stuff playing "Vampire Wars" on FB for over 4 years. Alas, Zynga pulled the game because our "Clan" developed too many cheats using "De-bugging Proxies", "back doors", and creating "clones" and multiple accounts.

*I could auto attack an opponent 1000 times in less than a minute, set it on 15,000 and walk away.....sigh*

Shut your "Browser" down (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Rockmelt, Safari, etc)
"Defrag" your computer (under "Accessories"/"System Tools")
Re-open your "Browser"
Clear you "History" in the drop down menu under your browser's "Options"
Open a new tab and type "about: plugins" (connect the colons to the p) it's coming out as an emoticon urgh!
That should take you to your plug ins
Go to the Shockwave plug in and make sure it is enabled
(You might find 2 plug ins for Shockwave, one specific to your browser and one that is "Adobe Flash Player", both should be enabled)

Shockwave will crash if you have too many tabs open, multiple browsers running, or more than one tab open with animation and/or music.

I learned a lot of cool PC stuff playing "Vampire Wars" on FB for over 4 years. Alas, Zynga pulled the game because our "Clan" developed too many cheats using "De-bugging Proxies", "back doors", and creating "clones" and multiple accounts.

*I could auto attack an opponent 1000 times in less than a minute, set it on 15,000 and walk away.....sigh*

Hello Bernia,

Do you have any suggestions on how I can permanently fix an issue I have been having with my Internet Explorer for some time now.

Whenever I go to almost every new Link now, I get the following error in a pop-up box and then I have to "REFRESH" and then I can see the page, but it happens almost every time on certain sites.

I still use IE Version 7 and I wanted to upgrade it, but I cant because my Operating System is VISTA and it wont let me get the NEW IE updated versions.

Any suggestions other than a new Browser. I like IE, so would like to get it fixed on IE but seem to be stuck with this annoying issue now.

ERROR MESSAGE I GET ALMOST EVERY TIME I GO TO NEW PAGE:
internet explorer cannot open the internet site = http://XXXXXXXX Operation aborted.

Hello Bernia,

Do you have any suggestions on how I can permanently fix an issue I have been having with my Internet Explorer for some time now.

Whenever I go to almost every new Link now, I get the following error in a pop-up box and then I have to "REFRESH" and then I can see the page, but it happens almost every time on certain sites.

I still use IE Version 7 and I wanted to upgrade it, but I cant because my Operating System is VISTA and it wont let me get the NEW IE updated versions.

Any suggestions other than a new Browser. I like IE, so would like to get it fixed on IE but seem to be stuck with this annoying issue now.

ERROR MESSAGE I GET ALMOST EVERY TIME I GO TO NEW PAGE:
internet explorer cannot open the internet site = http://XXXXXXXX Operation aborted.

All I can say is use another browser. I have Vista on my Laptop. I was originally using IE but Vista wasn't spooling the IE pages up fast enough(Error:Cannot find page) and it was crashing. Then Vista did a few crashes and that is NOT fun. Spent 2 days just downloading the patches, upgrades, security thingies, etc., each time, AFTER I re-installed my Vaio platform.
I moved to the Chrome browser, it was faster and didn't crash.
Microsoft's "Fix" for Vista is called "Windows 7"....seriously, that's what the computer tech told me the first time Vista crashed on me. He was able to pull off all my pics and then he wiped the whole system out, re-installed Vaio and Vista, and told me never to bring back a Vista OS back to him again! LOL!
Have you defragged your computer and deleted your IE history lately?

And I'm using my PC right now with Win 7.....my lappie's charging port is missing, so it sits.......gotta get it fixed!

Ps.....I just checked and IE is now at Version 10

All I can say is use another browser. I have Vista on my Laptop. I was originally using IE but Vista wasn't spooling the IE pages up fast enough(Error:Cannot find page) and it was crashing. Then Vista did a few crashes and that is NOT fun. Spent 2 days just downloading the patches, upgrades, security thingies, etc., each time, AFTER I re-installed my Vaio platform.
I moved to the Chrome browser, it was faster and didn't crash.
Microsoft's "Fix" for Vista is called "Windows 7"....seriously, that's what the computer tech told me the first time Vista crashed on me. He was able to pull off all my pics and then he wiped the whole system out, re-installed Vaio and Vista, and told me never to bring back a Vista OS back to him again! LOL!
Have you defragged your computer and deleted your IE history lately?

And I'm using my PC right now with Win 7.....my lappie's charging port is missing, so it sits.......gotta get it fixed!

Ps.....I just checked and IE is now at Version 10

Thanks for all the advice. I agree with a lot of what you said. I first thought my solution would be to upgrade to a newer version of IE, but then the system limitation for new IE is to have Windows 7 (like you said), and so I am in a catch-22 that I would have to get rid of Vista just to get new IE. :floorlaugh:

So, I did install Google Chrome awhile back and really like it, but for some reason it worked for awhile, but now when I use it, it seems to consistently drop my Wireless IP address to my Router, and I lose the internet Network connection and only way to get back my network connection is to re-boot my router, so I have been avoiding Google Chrome until I can figure out how to solve the Network-IP address-Dropping to my router when I use Chrome.

So, I have been trying to think of ways to fix this annoying IE problem, but it seems like it is here to stay for me. I think it started probably with an update to Java or something like that.

I do purge my History and Cookies and stuff like that, but will do that again just to try that again.

The only thing I have never done is defrag my PC, but didnt think that would affect IE in any way, but just file orgnization and bad spots on the drive, but I probably should do that anyway to fix any drive errors.

Thanks again for advice. Its kind of an older laptop, but not too old, but someday if I do have to go to Win 7 or larger, I probably will just upgrade the laptop instead since I want more juice + memory anyway. LOL :floorlaugh:

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member