SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing about kissing "too many" frogs ;)

Dating is so hard. I think you go into it with one of two possible outcomes....either someone is going to end up feeling "rejected," or you end up living happily ever after. I'm almost 34. I'm tired of feeling rejected. I know it'll all make sense once I do find THE ONE, but the journey is so heartbreaking. My eyes are going to be so puffy in the morning from all of my crying today. lol

In the same shoes as you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

They moved the status conference up 2 days to July 16th.

'Morning everyone.

I don't think a coozie campaign serves Travis' memory well either.

:seeya: Thank You for this update !

:please: Justice for Travis !

Okay I have a problem. My hubby happens to be one of those guys that tries to stay silent and be supportive when I get in to my "trials". But eventually, his disapproval rears its ugly head.

This is my situation. I had recorded "The Bad Seed" and was telling him about how it compared to JA ... anyway, he started criticizing Travis and saying what a AH/Jerk he was and that he physically abused her and that he was just using her for a Fbuddy and on and on and on. He was saying things that only came from "her" mouth as if that was the truth. I responded (calmly at first) ... well, she's a liar and those are her words .. we don't even really know that they had "that" kind of sex or even if it was that often. She was trying to trash him to make a case for herself. There is no proof that Travis beat her etc. etc. My DH just exploded that I was trying to paint TA as lilly white etc. I was like in shock ... I was speechless ... whenever I responded he was "talk to the hand" ...

Okay ... now I'm really pissed. Basically the conversation ended and I am still seething about it. I am angry at myself for just letting it go and not being able to come up with an "intelligent" response. I would love some advice .... I need a script because when I get emotional, I cannot put two words together ..... I need to sound knowledgeable and intelligent (which, in my opinion DH does NOT ... he is uninformed and maybe just trying to play devil's advocate ... just to bug me .... arrrgh ... what`s that about!! ) :blushing:

Any thoughts ... it seems like a simple thing but I am looking for a really nifty-to-the-point argument to make my point. I hate it when people attack the victim. I have already made the so-you-think-he-deserved-to-be-murdered case .... but he still kept going on about what a jerk he was. We just might get a divorce over this ... 39 years down the tubes because of Jodi Arias ... okay ... I take that back .. I am NOT going to give her that kind of power and control :floorlaugh:

Okay I have a problem. My hubby happens to be one of those guys that tries to stay silent and be supportive when I get in to my "trials". But eventually, his disapproval rears its ugly head.

This is my situation. I had recorded "The Bad Seed" and was telling him about how it compared to JA ... anyway, he started criticizing Travis and saying what a AH/Jerk he was and that he physically abused her and that he was just using her for a Fbuddy and on and on and on. He was saying things that only came from "her" mouth as if that was the truth. I responded (calmly at first) ... well, she's a liar and those are her words .. we don't even really know that they had "that" kind of sex or even if it was that often. She was trying to trash him to make a case for herself. There is no proof that Travis beat her etc. etc. My DH just exploded that I was trying to paint TA as lilly white etc. I was like in shock ... I was speechless ... whenever I responded he was "talk to the hand" ...

Okay ... now I'm really pissed. Basically the conversation ended and I am still seething about it. I am angry at myself for just letting it go and not being able to come up with an "intelligent" response. I would love some advice .... I need a script because when I get emotional, I cannot put two words together ..... I need to sound knowledgeable and intelligent (which, in my opinion DH does NOT ... he is uninformed and maybe just trying to play devil's advocate ... just to bug me .... arrrgh ... what`s that about!! ) :blushing:

Any thoughts ... it seems like a simple thing but I am looking for a really nifty-to-the-point argument to make my point. I hate it when people attack the victim. I have already made the so-you-think-he-deserved-to-be-murdered case .... but he still kept going on about what a jerk he was. We just might get a divorce over this ... 39 years down the tubes because of Jodi Arias ... okay ... I take that back .. I am NOT going to give her that kind of power and control :floorlaugh:

I have no advice but if my other half said that he would have a sore face :innocent:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

If it was my DH I would tell him to STFU and get informed about the facts or I will go all "Jodi Arias" on HIS *advertiser censored**. :floorlaugh:

Seriously though, my thoughts are that it isn't worth breaking up your marriage over this if you're that far apart on your views about the case. Save your discussion for us "informed" people that know all the facts, and can see her for what she is. A cold blooded killer.

I don't talk to my DH about it anymore because he's had enough, and just isn't interested enough to care about the case. He lost me for five months when trial was going on, so I leave it alone now and talk to my good WS buddies here when I need an ear.

Hope that helps.

Princess

Okay ... now I'm really pissed. Basically the conversation ended and I am still seething about it. I am angry at myself for just letting it go and not being able to come up with an "intelligent" response. I would love some advice .... I need a script because when I get emotional, I cannot put two words together ..... I need to sound knowledgeable and intelligent (which, in my opinion DH does NOT ... he is uninformed and maybe just trying to play devil's advocate ... just to bug me .... arrrgh ... what`s that about!! ) :blushing:h

This is the thing that is so maddening about Jodi Arias, the Borderline/Sociopathy makes her such a convincing and effortless liar that some people are going to believe her. I don't know that I would ruin my relationship with my husband over it, but I might mention certain facts: women who use sex to trap a man shouldn't then complain later that they are being used just for sex. She played that card with Travis, and then when it didn't get the results she wanted, she threw a tantrum and murdered him. The sex tape showed Jodi to be a willing participant, a seductress, and a temptress, NOT a victim.

I was at this point with a very very close friend of twenty years over the Zimmerman trial.

Here's what I did. I took a two day break from both... I came to realize that my opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans in that case or any other. My friend and our friendship is more important to me.

I quit watching the Zimmerman trial, apologized to my friend and let it go. She's happy, I'm happy.

Laughing about kissing "too many" frogs ;)

Dating is so hard. I think you go into it with one of two possible outcomes....either someone is going to end up feeling "rejected," or you end up living happily ever after. I'm almost 34. I'm tired of feeling rejected. I know it'll all make sense once I do find THE ONE, but the journey is so heartbreaking. My eyes are going to be so puffy in the morning from all of my crying today. lol

Crying is good! Get that stuff out!

When I was where you are now, yet another broken heart at 29...I decided not to stick around for anyone who made me feel the slightest bit insecure at any point in the first six months...

Any signs of "go away/come here" "affectionate one day/distant the next" behavior and all he was gonna see was that door slamming shut.

Consequently, I didn't date at all for six months. When I met my husband, from our very first date he asked me out for the next date at the end of the evening for the first SIX MONTHS we dated.

ZERO waiting by the phone....ZERO mixed messages.

That's what you want to hold out for. Before that I was thinking there was something wrong with me, that I was too insecure and needy.

Then I realized that a guy who really wants you doesn't behave in a way to make you insecure.

Don't settle for less...hang with friends, have fun...he'll come along!

Sydni,

My husband just totally saw through Jodi. Anytime I read anyone saying on these posts that TA even slightly used JA, my one and only thought is:

"Do you mean to tell us that any of that is an excuse to stab someone 29 times, shoot them in the head and slit their throat and cover up the planning and the murder afterwards? Is that what you are telling us?"

I don't write that. I am too impatient. If I was married to someone like your husband I would call them an idiot and you can imagine the response you would get! So please don't do it. I hope someone can give you good advice because I really feel for you.

Even my quasi-perfect husband ticked me off a little when he said he didn't like Juan Martinez. Not that he got into an argument with me, but I simply explained that it takes an aggressive style to make a psycho-beast trip up and spew lies by goading and antagonizing.

If my husband had come at me with saying TA was an abuser, I would tell him that he is part of .01% of the population that thinks she's a victim. I would also question how much he's actually goading you because he may be jealous of the attention he isn't getting, and the trial is.

Again, even my Mr. Perfect kept asking "is she guilty yet?" so that he could have his attentive wife back. I rarely attempt to discuss the case with him, because it's not his passion. People who don't have our intrigue over trials have a hard time having to hear about it, on top of having to watch it and deal with the hold that it has over us.

Conversely, I wouldn't enjoy listening about something I could care less about, ceaselessly. For instance, every time I am around my brothers - I hear about racing and race cars until my ears bleed. Living with us trial watchers can't always be easy. I would just hope that my husband would be respectful of my passion, and that I am respectful of his disinterest.

Even my quasi-perfect husband ticked me off a little when he said he didn't like Juan Martinez. Not that he got into an argument with me, but I simply explained that it takes an aggressive style to make a psycho-beast trip up and spew lies by goading and antagonizing.

If my husband had come at me with saying TA was an abuser, I would tell him that he is part of .01% of the population that thinks she's a victim. I would also question how much he's actually goading you because he may be jealous of the attention he isn't getting, and the trial is.

Again, even my Mr. Perfect kept asking "is she guilty yet?" so that he could have his attentive wife back. I rarely attempt to discuss the case with him, because it's not his passion. People who don't have our intrigue over trials have a hard time having to hear about it, on top of having to watch it and deal with the hold that it has over us.

Conversely, I wouldn't enjoy listening about something I could care less about, ceaselessly. For instance, every time I am around my brothers - I hear about racing and race cars until my ears bleed. Living with us trial watchers can't always be easy. I would just hope that my husband would be respectful of my passion, and that I am respectful of his disinterest.

True That!! :floorlaugh:

If I may steal a line from Chuck Palahniuk and change it ever so slightly:

"The first rule of Web Sleuths is:
1. You don't talk about Web Sleuths."

If all else fails, that'll work! :floorlaugh:
Just thank him for not being part of the jury that convicted her!
:drumroll:

Whenever I'd try to talk about this case to my hub (while the trial was ongoing) he would remind me his interest in it was in the negative zone, as in minus zero interest, I e-mailed him the video 'The Heat Is Juan' and I could hear his disgusted sigh in the next room when he opened it, all he said was 'I guess you have to know what's going on in the trial to understand that thing'. I thought he would at least enjoy the song. LOL

I don't think I'd mind if he held the opposite view of it from me, at least we'd be able to debate it, I can't even talk about it with him. Thank goodness for all you kind folks. :)

Popping in to add;

I am so thankful, greatful, ELATED for every failed relationship I have ever had. I would trudge through every heartbreak again, just so I have to perspective to appreciate the amazing man that my husband is.

I often see women who stumble across a great man, only to try and change them into their vision of what they want their man to be like.

I've had sharp dressed men, but my dude has zero fashion sense and not an ounce of male ego (to make some wonder if he's gay). I don't tell him how to do squat! I love his generous soul, pleasing selflessness, and his inhibition to hold my purse if needed!

I wouldn't dare change a socked flip-flop on his body!

And, I make him feel like he's bonafide eye candy. Even in his camo shorts and gingham fishing shirt ;)

I had a lot of toads before I found a true prince. The real ones are the ones who make you feel like a princess.

thank you for posting this! going through a difficult time in my marriage and this puts things in perspective. i deserve better! thanks for posting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member