SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In both your posts, I think you did a beautiful job, merc7. We can also break it down into pre-, which means afore and meditate which actually means think about & therefore, to consider conditionally killing someone or others if circumstances are such and such or if their behavior is such and such is to meditate on murder. The arming with a purloined .25 auto evidences the planning aspect, in other words, putting the thought into action. We definitely have long version premeditation.

No. She is guilty of premeditation period. The long version.

The short version is like this example: Husband leaves work early, enters home and sees wife in bed with another man. Wife cries, says sorry, other man puts clothes on and says sorry. Husband smokes a cig. Husband goes to find gun. Husband kills them. That is short premeditation and is determined in the moments leading to the murder.

If she came to "possibly" kill him, then killed him, it is just as stated. Premeditation, long version. Any planning before hand is premeditation. She planned before hand. This is long version.

If that makes no sense, maybe someone else can explain the time differences better.

Thanks. I've left the question on the legal thread. Hopefully one of the lawyers is still checking that thread. But its not obvious to me-- assuming she came to 'possibly' kill him, but didn't decide to do it until right before she did it--when *legal* premeditation is established.

Prince George may be the 7th King George in the UK:

U.K.

George I of Great Britain (1660–1727), King of Great Britain and Ireland 1714-1727
George II of Great Britain (1683–1760), King of Great Britain and Ireland 1727-1760
George III of the United Kingdom (1738–1820), King of the United Kingdom 1760-1820
George IV of the United Kingdom (1762–1830), King of the United Kingdom 1820-1830
George V of the United Kingdom (1865–1936), King of Great Britain and Ireland 1910-1936
George VI of the United Kingdom (1895–1952), King of Great Britain and Ireland 1936-1952

In reading recent posts, my memory slid back to days of C.M. testimony, not so much verbatim but the essence. I remember how false was her description of deciding to make Mesa a stop on her trip because Travis had guilted her when she told him she was going to Utah. She tried to get by that explanation as fast as possible, there were no details, it was as thin as tissue. Instead, she probably tried to sell him on the reward of one of the payments she owed him & would drop off. Also, gcharlie saw disdain and apathy in her "self-defense" rationalization for killing Travis. Yes! She was dismissive, saying something like, "To put it simply, I had to defend myself." How she would have loved to leave it at that, with a simple catch-all throw away. Fat chance. Maybe she was used to her lawyers accepting her answers and offerings and thought everyone else, particularly the jurors, would too. One thing has come clear. This practiced liar has been believed over her lifetime. We know that because she never hesitates to produce new zig-zag drama.

Looking back at the Mitigation Witness event that wasn't, it is clear Nurmi's angry walk-out was not appreciated by the bench. Mars was in & ruling the House of the jurist, in disappointment relation to the court plan for the morning. But I've wondered if his claim that threats kept supporters away was accepted by the jurors. What we know but they may not is that Womack and Brewer were horrified by C.M.'s crimes and no longer had any testimony to offer that would mitigate what she had done. The scheduled witnesses had converted to a new set of beliefs about someone they thought they knew. We know that D. Brewer made himself available that day. We also know what he thought because he gave interviews. There would have been prep for the witness, so attorneys could not have been surprised.

I found it so funny-odd that in one breath she tells the jury 'I couldn't keep my lies straight' and then continues to whip up new tales at each question asked of her. She clearly was never taught to stop digging once you find yourself in your own hole.

Sometimes it pays to review because what happened is still relevant. There are still no mitigation witnesses and it is not due to threats. Surely professionals, i.e., expert witnesses, will emerge and maybe a relative or two. At the time of the last hearing on July 16, the event chart shows that to be a continuing hole in C.M.'s defense reinforcements. <modsnip>

Jodi Arias &#8207;@Jodiannarias 1h
Another reason: opportunists are passing off fraudulent mail as mine and people are falling for it.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Jodi Arias &#8207;@Jodiannarias 1h
Here's why u shouldn't buy my mail on Ebay: I will write u.... FOR FREE. Don't get suckered.

I loved the Monkees! Had the worst 10 year old's crush on Davey! Now I've got that song stuck in my head...."hey, hey we're the Monkees"... :floorlaugh:

ETA: My dad liked that show about as much as he liked the Brady Bunch and Batman. :floorlaugh:

----------
Hi Princess, talk about stuck in ones head :banghead: I STLL cannot watch "The Brady Bunch" because of S.Petersons' mother! "We're like the Brady Bunch"..:floorlaugh: :seeya:

O/T Tulessa, I am so happy for you and yours! I know how much those babies mean to you. God Bless!!

The event charts for these hearings have awakened me to the fact that the third party tweets are much worse than mere nuisances to C.M.'s attorneys. We know she has divulged plea bargains she attempted with the State. She also wrote that the lawyers profit from experiences clients have to live through. And that she misplaced her trust and has been betrayed. (She expanded on that during her post trial interview.) C.M.'s communications have undermined the credibility of her representation and revealed her weak position by exposing offers she made to prosecutors, that were declined. No wonder Nurmi asked, once again, to withdraw.

----------
Hi Princess, talk about stuck in ones head :banghead: I STLL cannot watch "The Brady Bunch" because of S.Petersons' mother! "We're like the Brady Bunch"..:floorlaugh: :seeya:

Hi Nore :seeya:. Do tell, because I didn't follow the S. Peterson trial very closely, did his mother compare their family to the Brady Bunch? Yeah right, Scott was little Bobby Brady. GMAB :puke:.

The event charts for these hearings have awakened me to the fact that the third party tweets are much worse than mere nuisances to C.M.'s attorneys. We know she has divulged plea bargains she attempted with the State. She also wrote that the lawyers profit from experiences clients have to live through. And that she misplaced her trust and has been betrayed. (She expanded on that during her post trial interview.) C.M.'s communications have undermined the credibility of her representation and revealed her weak position by exposing offers she made to prosecutors, that were declined. No wonder Nurmi asked, once again, to withdraw.

BBM: Well said Tuba. She has undermined her own defense at every turn. Can you imagine how horrified Nurmi was when she got up on the stand under cross examination? She has been a nightmare client from day one, and as much as I dislike her attorney's tactics I can understand their desperation. How on earth do you defend someone like Jodi Arias?

There never was any "suitable" defense for the (more than) obviously guilty killer. I'm willing to bet they more than explored the "insanity" defense. But they couldn't get anyone to testify as an expert that that was so.

If I was Nurmi I would be begging to throw in the towel too.

I thought it might be NG & another reporter who that guy threatened. Hiya all!

David Lee Simpson Threatened To Tie Nancy Grace To Tree Naked, Slit Her Throat: Cops

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=348696

Hello Dr. :seeya:. I think we all had an inkling of who Sheriff Joe was talking about. After all, NG has described herself as a "Georgia Peach". :floorlaugh:

That guy was seriously scary. I'm glad he was arrested before he could hurt someone.

I haven't posted much since the trial ended/went on hiatus for the time being...

But I want ya'll to know I still check-in to this thread every night before bed...it's my favorite nighttime ritual...besides kissing my 2 babies goodnight every evening of course! :)

Our evening crew here is amazing & u ladies always bring a smile to my face! Such wonderful camaraderie here w/ such a great & inspiring group of people! :loveyou:

YesorNo, m1279, Zuri, PrincessSezMe, daisymae, & all the rest of our "regulars" here -- You are all an amazing group of ladies who share hilarious jokes, uplifting messages of support, & inspiring stories from all your different walks of life.

Thanks for the late night smiles that all of u bring to my face...it's much appreciated!!!

:tyou:

This is so, so sweet. Such an amazing group of people here. I'm sad that it took such a horrific tragedy to bring us together but I've learned so much here, and found such compassion and inspiration.

This is so, so sweet. Such an amazing group of people here. I'm sad that it took such a horrific tragedy to bring us together but I've learned so much here, and found such compassion and inspiration.

ITA m1279. I have met the best people following this case. Some day maybe we can have a WS "reunion" bash, and all get together in one place to meet face-to-face. I would love that. :grouphug:

Remember when C.M. told abc15 that her lawyers ignored evidence favorable to her, did not make the effort to procure it although it was out there? Some of it was photographic. All of her criticism was disrespectful and also damaging to Willmott and Nurmi and their efforts in her behalf. In all C.M. has ever uttered either in or out of court, I have never heard or seen R-
E-S-PECT for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members