SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it my imagination, or do female names tend to be trendier than male names?

Names like Gladys, Doris, Agnes, Delores and even Barbara were from my mother's generation. You hardly hear them any more.

Of course, this generation of kids right now don't seem to have any traditional names.

Would have changed my name if it was Gladys or Agnes
:floorlaugh:

My initials are SAS

Names like Gladys, Doris, Agnes, Delores and even Barbara were from my mother's generation. You hardly hear them any more.

Of course, this generation of kids right now don't seem to have any traditional names.

-----
My mother always called me her Irish Molly!:blushing:

I was right!!! YAY Did I win a prize?

here you go, sis- you can have my big wooden spoon :floorlaugh:

picture.php

Would have changed my name if it was Gladys or Agnes
:floorlaugh:

My initials are SAS

I was thinking that, but was afraid to say it, in case your name was Agnes. :floorlaugh:

I've put my foot in my mouth more times than I care to count with things like that. :blush:

--------------
Yes or No, Do you believe I thought YOU went for the haircut til I read had to shave all thhe hair off her nose!! OMG. I LOL so hard the dog is mad as I'm shaking the bed.:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I was thinking that, but was afraid to say it, in case your name was Agnes. :floorlaugh:

I've put my foot in my mouth more times than I care to count with things like that. :blush:[/QUOTE

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks very much!

You're welcome! They used to use this for pregnant women with severe nausea. Hope it helps if you try it.

oh goodie .... and it'll never get dirty cause I don't cook :floorlaugh:

You remind me of my mom. She hated to cook, and when it got down to where she lived alone she would eat toast with honey rather than cook any kind of meal for herself. Too much bother for one person she always said, so I would take her food often so she would get a decent meal.

I would do that for you too Miss daisy, but it's too far to drive :floorlaugh:.

This week I was looking up names and came across this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes we try to live up to our names. Sometimes we try to run away from them. But either way — and for all the options in between — your name is a crucial factor in developing your sense of self, and thus helps propel you forward on various paths of life and career...
http://news.yahoo.com/names-shape-identity-113000386.html

They were aware from previous studies that the "more common names are regarded as generally more attractive, and they connote more favorable stereotypes. In contrast, the rare and unusual names are deemed less socially attractive and they connote negative stereotypes" (Harari and McDavid).
http://www.behindthename.com/articles/1.php
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good website for the top baby names of various years:

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/#ht=1

You're welcome! They used to use this for pregnant women with severe nausea. Hope it helps if you try it.

I will get some to keep on hand. Thanks!

--------
OMG!! dont mention colon!! my Dr. wants me to have a colonoscopy with a barium test the next day. My colons so bad he cant look at the right end. He's afraid of the scope tearing it. I dont want to go! I've been having problems with it since he said this. I am not supposed to be emotionally upset as the Psychiatrist thinks that is what caused the bleeding. I will talk to my PCP on Friday, going to him for 20 years. Maybe he can save me. My Gastro is one of the best and I really like him. I dont want to lose him, he saved my life. N.S. (these are my initials.):laughcry::floorlaugh:

Aw, big hugs. Praying for good result with the least trauma!

This week I was looking up names and came across this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes we try to live up to our names. Sometimes we try to run away from them. But either way — and for all the options in between — your name is a crucial factor in developing your sense of self, and thus helps propel you forward on various paths of life and career...
http://news.yahoo.com/names-shape-identity-113000386.html

They were aware from previous studies that the "more common names are regarded as generally more attractive, and they connote more favorable stereotypes. In contrast, the rare and unusual names are deemed less socially attractive and they connote negative stereotypes" (Harari and McDavid).
http://www.behindthename.com/articles/1.php
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good website for the top baby names of various years:

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/#ht=1

That's interesting. My mom had a childhood friend back in the 1920's or so whose name was Pussy. I'm serious!!!!!

You remind me of my mom. She hated to cook, and when it got down to where she lived alone she would eat toast with honey rather than cook any kind of meal for herself. Too much bother for one person she always said, so I would take her food often so she would get a decent meal.

I would do that for you too Miss daisy, but it's too far to drive :floorlaugh:.

Lately I've been eating lots of fresh tomato sandwiches, fresh corn and squash, bananas and peaches. But sometimes I'll cook on the grill or make easy meals. I'm a very plain eater, southern style, and don't care for spices too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member