SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, big hugs. Praying for good result with the least trauma!

renatae, forgive my bad manners. It's so nice to have you here! Welcome to our nightly get together LoL. :welcome:

This week I was looking up names and came across this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes we try to live up to our names. Sometimes we try to run away from them. But either way — and for all the options in between — your name is a crucial factor in developing your sense of self, and thus helps propel you forward on various paths of life and career...
http://news.yahoo.com/names-shape-identity-113000386.html

They were aware from previous studies that the "more common names are regarded as generally more attractive, and they connote more favorable stereotypes. In contrast, the rare and unusual names are deemed less socially attractive and they connote negative stereotypes" (Harari and McDavid).
http://www.behindthename.com/articles/1.php
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good website for the top baby names of various years:

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/#ht=1

My name is Audrey, which is not a popular name and I did feel awkward about it when I was growing up. I don't any more and think of Audrey Hepburn, who was the epitome of charm, beauty and grace.

Oddly enough, when I was an exchange student in British Columbia, there were three Audreys in my graduating class.

Hope Lambie is sleeping because I think the mods call this "inviting" and they consider it a no no here :panic:.

But before we're caught....my name is Sue....how do you do :floorlaugh:.

Really? Some people use their names here ... like Linda7NJ. I said that a few weeks ago, as did M, and nothing was said. :)

I thought inviting was referencing PM's.

Nore- here is the real Queen of my home (my baby The Queen): (she looks just like me- only prettier- LOL):

picture.php

My name is Audrey, which is not a popular name and I did feel awkward about it when I was growing up. I don't any more and think of Audrey Hepburn, who was the epitome of charm, beauty and grace.

Oddly enough, when I was an exchange student in British Columbia, there were three Audreys in my graduating class.

A beautiful name ... thanks for sharing!

That's interesting. My mom had a childhood friend back in the 1920's or so whose name was Pussy. I'm serious!!!!!

Was your mom's friend an acquaintance of Ian Fleming and his inspiration for Pussy Galore in the James Bond novel Goldfinger?

You're welcome! They used to use this for pregnant women with severe nausea. Hope it helps if you try it.

Pleased to meet you Shari :seeya:. And you're probably right. But there are lots of RULES here (for good reason, that's why it's such a nice place to chat), and it sometimes makes me :scared:.

YESorNO, your Queen is a beauty. There is a dog that looks almost just like her on the Fido commercials, but not quite as pretty (after all, yours IS royalty LoL).

Who was your favorite actor to play James Bond?

Sean Connery for sure, though I must say that I like Daniel Craig in the role. There is something almost raw under his exterior when he plays Bond.

My least favorite was Roger Moore. He came off as smarmy to me.

Sean Connery for sure, though I must say that I like Daniel Craig in the role. There is something almost raw under his exterior when he plays Bond.

My least favorite was Roger Moore. He came off as smarmy to me.

So true about Roger Moore. Pierce Brosnan wasn't a good Bond either. Too prissy or something. I like Pierce Brosnan, just not in that role.

Time for bed.
Goodnight everyone :seeya:
Take good care of my spoon, sis. I might need it back someday :floorlaugh:

:offtobed:

Thank you, my princess- The Queen is royalty to me :blowkiss:

The Bond movies have stood the test of time. My son and his friends know all of the James Bond movies. I took three of them to see Skyfall last winter and they really liked how the movie wove in so much of the old Bond, including the music. It was an interesting and engaging conversation after the movie, because they knew as much, if not more than I did about all of the Bond movies.

Time for bed.

Good night YESorNO. Have a pleasant night. Guess I'll head off now too - everyone seems to be dropping off.

Time for bed.

Sleep tight.

I'm going to do the same. No :pillowfight: for me tonight.

Stay well, friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members