SIDEBAR #2- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I need to wait, but I am going to share this rather than simply keeping it to myself until funk time.

[video=youtube;17lkdqoLt44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44[/video]

If you're taking a break from the JA trial but would enjoy a fabulous legal thriller, Runaway Jury is on AMC this evening at 7:00PM (EDT). The film stars John Cusack, Gene Hackman, and Dustin Hoffman.

Runaway Jury (2003)

A juror on the inside and a woman on the outside manipulate a court trial involving a major gun manufacturer.

That is such a good (and smart) movie...love me some John Cusack too.

I'm completely immersed over here in Pat but wanted to share a concert I saw in the mid 90s when it started completely in the dark and silence and his percussionists all filed down the aisles (which I was very near) playing just those beats all the way to the stage in pitch darkness. Then about 1/3 of the way thru the concert (Lyle Mays was there and a great light show) the entire power went out for about half an hour. Pat sat up on the stage just talking without a mic....then, guess what he did? He started the ENTIRE CONCERT OVER from the beginning. GOt to experience that percussion entrance all over again. I will love him forever for that. integrity...he had a story to tell and it had a beginning middle and end and he took us on the journey. I was in there for about 5 hours I think. He is AMAZING in concert.

To Vivian, thank you for the Extreme video. Forgot about them!

Love this one too.
Extreme - More Than Words - YouTube

Yes, they're so great - did you ever see that MTV show "Reuniting the Bands"? They were one of the bands that refused to get back together for a "one-off" (Bruno's fault!).

There was another group who wouldn't - Squeeze, one of my super duper favorites.

I'll post some of their stuff later, but they got me to thinking that there should be a "6 Degrees of Paul Carrack" game - I think he's one of the greatest voices and he never gets the credit he's due. Check this out:

ACE How long 1974.flv - YouTube

Tempted - Squeeze - YouTube

[video=youtube;uGDA0Hecw1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k[/video]

Here's another one for ya, Segue. Oooooh, he's dreeeeammmmy..... LOL

tb0374randypu.jpg

Omg:floorlaugh:
That jacket is too much! :floorlaugh:

Katiecool

Some of the best nights I had on the old InSession was the Saturday nights under the disco ball. Do you remember JohnR, I think that's what his nic was, and a few others? John, I think had developed a crush on you. It was so much fun.

Yes, they're so great - did you ever see that MTV show "Reuniting the Bands"? They were one of the bands that refused to get back together for a "one-off" (Bruno's fault!).

There was another group who wouldn't - Squeeze, one of my super duper favorites.

I'll post some of their stuff later, but they got me to thinking that there should be a "6 Degrees of Paul Carrack" game - I think he's one of the greatest voices and he never gets the credit he's due. Check this out:

ACE How long 1974.flv - YouTube

Tempted - Squeeze - YouTube

Mike & The Mechanics - The living Years - YouTube

OMg I drove my roommates nuts with that ACE song as literally before I set down my purse I used to go put it on the turntable and play that one song over and over. LOL Funny how a song can just suck you in like that...maybe it's just my weird obsessive mind. So glad you found that one!

Katiecool

Some of the best nights I had on the old InSession was the Saturday nights under the disco ball. Do you remember JohnR, I think that's what his nic was, and a few others? John, I think had developed a crush on you. It was so much fun.

I remember the disco ball but I don't remember a JohnR...how could I ever forget a man with a crush on me? It happens so infrequently. lol Was ihn (ihatenancy) around? That kid and I were crazy together (he was a college student but we became great pals and he was so funny!).

LOL Yep I did. Plastered all over my room. My Parents were re carpeting the house and each of us got to choose the color for our bedrooms. I chose a dark purple cuz it was Donny's fave color. Wowsers what a trip down memory lane. Then there was Davey Jones and the Monkees sigh....

Oh my. What a journey this thread takes me to. My favorite Monkee was Michael Nesmith. I also liked George best if the Beatles. I guess I went more for the brainy type. My first live concert was Three Dog Night in the early 70's.

It's a sleuthgroove kinda day at Casa Coolady. I remembered an album I wore out listening to which I found from hearing this song on my car radio and pulling over to call the DJ to find out what it was.

May I introduce you to SkyWalk, The Torchbearer (make sure you catch the guitar solo in the middle--well every instrument is showcased in this song).

Skywalk - The Torchbearer - YouTube

As if I didn't adore you enough already, I too am one who pulls over and calls the radio station; well before the days of cell phones. Once I was driving to a work conference, at night, and got off the freeway and found a pay phone with a phone book, and called the DJ for this song I had never heard before.

[video=youtube;ANzKrSuUblc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANzKrSuUblc[/video]

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot get enough of this song and restrained myself from posting it not two minutes ago - you're starting to scare me!!!

Viv, a gentleman never asks a lady her age. I'll just say I'm 55, and I think we have many musical interests in common.

It's a sleuthgroove kinda day at Casa Coolady. I remembered an album I wore out listening to which I found from hearing this song on my car radio and pulling over to call the DJ to find out what it was.

May I introduce you to SkyWalk, The Torchbearer (make sure you catch the guitar solo in the middle--well every instrument is showcased in this song).

Skywalk - The Torchbearer - YouTube

I think you might like this.

[video=youtube;1EdwtTcWycY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EdwtTcWycY[/video]

[video=youtube;NR8eCTkTEvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR8eCTkTEvc[/video]

Oh my. What a journey this thread takes me to. My favorite Monkee was Michael Nesmith. I also liked George best if the Beatles. I guess I went more for the brainy type. My first live concert was Three Dog Night in the early 70's.

Perfect timing! I was just about to post my favorite song of theirs:

[video=youtube;UmTx9y7ePTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmTx9y7ePTg[/video]

Same here...my first concert was either in the early 70's or maybe late 60's
Steppenwolf ! I remember the distinct smell permeating the air when they played "The Pusher" fantastic light show...or did we bring that ourselves?:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3