SIDEBAR #2- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna do something different today. When I was a youngster Sundays were shore days. Toss a bunch of stuff into the old orange Honda and drive to Belmar or Sleaside with homemade tapes in the deck. Here's a few of the tunes that just say Sunday morning to me

Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower / I Know You Rider (5-3-72) - YouTube

Cat Stevens- Where do the children play - YouTube

Mamas and the Papas - I Saw Her Again - YouTube

The Souther-Hillman-Furay Band - Fallin' in Love - YouTube

Van Morrison - Into The Mystic (Original Version) - YouTube

Laura Nyro, "New York Tendaberry" - YouTube

Please enjoy :seeya:

Another great selection of songs! What an appropriate way to start off a beautiful (at least here) Sunday - I especially liked your beach memories... lots of good negative ions at the beach, always made me feel more peaceful (though MY beach was Orchard Beach in the Bronx; once we started to drive it was Jones Beach all the way!).

Here's another song in anticipation of beach days to come:

Under the boardwalk - The drifters - YouTube

Evening Viv, :seeya:
I like to listen to different music. I hate to be stuck in just one genre.

Here's more of the Hunk (with some good music, too).
What kind of Native American is Mr. Mertz?

RODNEY A. GRANT NATIVE AMERICAN OMAHA ACTOR - YouTube

And one for Mr. Mertz:

Cherokee Morning Song A beautiful Native American song YouTube - YouTube

Good Morning YES!

Mr. Mertz is Lakota (Sioux), and he thanks you for that beautiful song.

p.s. He has pictures of himself back in the day that could have been included in your Gallery of Hunks; he cut his long hair just a couple of years ago - I think he still has the braid somewhere!

It was Star Wars weekend because it was May Fourth as in the phrase "May the force be with you" so when you say the date it was "May the fourth" which sounds like the popular phrase. Yes, the nerd stands alone. I'll go play with my light saber alone now.

Where's Sleuth!

I saw LTD on this morning's Soul Train on the Bounce channel! Could not believe it, so came to check here for our daily dose. :)

This is apropos of nothing, except that there is some Spanish-spoken bits (CdM-related) but this episode of Graham Norton I found hilarious.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=risDMOGUMB8

:seeya: Afternoon, Josie (or is it evening for you now?),

She looks beautiful, with that smile. Everyone has a bad hair day sometime.

Look at these beautiful babies :floorlaugh::

Pampers commercial "I feel pretty" - YouTube

---------
Hi, oh my commercial!! I LOVE the babies:Banane14: The last one just tickles me so!!! Thank you :baby: They are so beautiful.

Another great selection of songs! What an appropriate way to start off a beautiful (at least here) Sunday - I especially liked your beach memories... lots of good negative ions at the beach, always made me feel more peaceful (though MY beach was Orchard Beach in the Bronx; once we started to drive it was Jones Beach all the way!).

Same here. Grew up going to Orchard Beach, Rockaway and Jones beach. These days I go to Long Beach. City by the Sea.

My hubby is 1/2 Indian and 1/2 Italian. He is so handsome.

Vivian, Lets not forget City Island. Was there about a month ago.

When I was a child, we took the bus to Orchard Beach and also went to Rye Beach; sometimes to Jones Beach. I thought Orchard Beach was MY beach:

Orchard Beach Pelham Bay Park 2010 - YouTube

When I was older, my parents lived on Arthur Avenue. Before I left NYC for New jersey, I lived in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn with all the Guidos :floorlaugh: :

Da Bronx - YouTube :seeya:

It was Star Wars weekend because it was May Fourth as in the phrase "May the force be with you" so when you say the date it was "May the fourth" which sounds like the popular phrase. Yes, the nerd stands alone. I'll go play with my light saber alone now.

Morning Tiger :seeya:

Thanks for setting me straight about this weekend and the info about why.
Both my sons would love to play light sabers with you (and they are 43 and 22 yrs old :floorlaugh:).

Thanks for the cat/kitten video, YorN.

I have three. The latest I found in a restaurant parking lot last August. So tiny, so pitiful, I could not leave him there alone.

He has given us an endless stream of entertainment since.

Sangrita

INGREDIENTS

32 ounces tomato juice
2 cups fresh orange juice
1 cup Tequila (recommended: Herradura Blanco)
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup agave juice
5 dashes hot pepper sauce: (Tabasco)
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Lime wedged and sliced, for garnish and moistening glass rim

DIRECTIONS

Combine into a pitcher the tomato juice, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate.

In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the smoked paprika and salt. Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, and dip into the paprika-salt mixture. Put ice into a glass, and pour the mixture over and garnish with a lime slice.

Where's Sleuth!

I saw LTD on this morning's Soul Train on the Bounce channel! Could not believe it, so came to check here for our daily dose. :)

This is apropos of nothing, except that there is some Spanish-spoken bits (CdM-related) but this episode of Graham Norton I found hilarious.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=risDMOGUMB8

I know! I think we've all been extremely patient with him - how dare he enjoy his weekend? Maybe this will coax him back:

Donna Summer ~ Bad Girls - YouTube

I have to start watching Graham Norton - I like that he has all his guests together. That was a funny clip and Pedro Almodovar was adorable!

Mr. Mertz is LOVING this! He suggests this very sweet movie (and it doesn't hurt that Adam Beach is fine!):

Smoke Signals Trailer (John Wayne's Teeth Version) - YouTube

Adam Beach is yummy :blushing:. I have already watched this movie- good movie- because about 10 yrs ago, I was attending a college in Pa. (honors English comp) and my professor was 1/2 Native American (long hair and all :floorlaugh:). He had the students watch the movie and "contrast and compare" with Joseph Campbell's The Hero. I have books on Native Americans and listen to Yeha Noha every Am as soon as I get on the computer, so this is not some random thing for me.

Why did Mr. Mertz cut his hair?

Same here. Grew up going to Orchard Beach, Rockaway and Jones beach. These days I go to Long Beach. City by the Sea.

Another Bronxite - GO YANKEES!

So now we have you, YESorNO, me and Joey Jackson - what a group!

These guys are from the Bronx as well - I posted this before but I'll do it again, it's such a great song:

Aventura - Dile al Amor (HD) - YouTube

And yes, I think the lead singer is a cutie-pie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3