SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left handed people write with a slant. It was mailed. The stamp has 2 pink carnations on it. Letter not signed. No return address. The note was complaining about my daughter's boyfriend's truck. It is a noisy diesel so when he leaves at 11 pm, I guess it wakes the neighbors. OMG. what will they complain about next?

Hi Zuri :seeya: I hate neighbors, and I'm sorry to say that but I've had some really bad ones. The place we live in now is right on the edge of a small City, and just remote enough so that I don't have to worry about neighbors but we still get all the City amenities like water and sewer, etc. I don't miss neighbors at all.

Even though we live "almost" in the City, we have two acres of property and have wildlife in our back yard year round. So far we have had foxes, groundhogs, a wolf, a bobcat, bunnies and a gaggle of squirrels (not to mention a whole herd of deer who travel across our property on a regular basis). I could do without the skunks though :( Neighbors can suck!

Ok. You all have to like the next 3 of my posts so I can hit 2000 posts! With you all! My friends!

I too, after 37 years at 2 to 3 packs a day, started go get bronchial spasms. That was it, I quit and never looked back. My sister, alas, smoked her way through and is dead now.

Until a few days ago I smoked at least a pack a day, more if I was out with friends and drinking. Came down with bronchitis about 6 weeks ago, didn't phase me. As soon as I started feeling better I started right back in. I haven't been feeling well this week but this morning around 2 I woke up and could NOT catch my breath. I prayed like I've never prayed before, that if I made it through the night I'd never touch another cigarette. So here I am, determined to never smoke again. Talk about an eye-opener.

Zuri....your neighbor sounds like a total chicken-sh**. I would seriously consider confronting them personally (you know, since I just stated a few hours ago how much I hate confrontation :blushing: ). So passive-aggressive of them though! Good lord.

Hi Zuri :seeya: I hate neighbors, and I'm sorry to say that but I've had some really bad ones. The place we live in now is right on the edge of a small City, and just remote enough so that I don't have to worry about neighbors but we still get all the City amenities like water and sewer, etc. I don't miss neighbors at all.

Even though we live "almost" in the City, we have two acres of property and have wildlife in our back yard year round. So far we have had foxes, groundhogs, a wolf, a bobcat, bunnies and a gaggle of squirrels (not to mention a whole herd of deer who travel across our property on a regular basis). I could do without the skunks though :( Neighbors can suck!

Oh how I wish we had 2 acres and I didn't live on this stupid street. We have lived here since 1990. I have wanted to move for years, but we couldn't afford to move "up" because of private school tuition. You are so lucky!

Ok. You all have to like the next 3 of my posts so I can hit 2000 posts! With you all! My friends!

AWESOME!! Here's to 2000 more of your insightful, heartfelt posts.

:cheers::tyou::cupcake::thewave::party::fireworks2::Banane23::Banane59:

(Using some of the awesome smilies I never get to use lol....just go with it)

Jeez, Louise.

Complaining about a diesel truck at 11 pm?

Don't know anything about your neighborhood, but that sounds a bit much to go to the lengths of writing an anonymous letter. Somebody has a bug up their bum.

Are houses close to you or close to the road in your neighborhood? Would seem as it would have to be a pretty quiet neighborhood for somebody to get a twist in their knickers over a noisy truck.

They don't even have the balls to ring the doorbell to talk; they have to leave an anonymous note.

I know who sent it. The letter was addressed to my husband. She doesn't want to deal with me, likely because I will take the broom upon which I fly, and shove it up her *advertiser censored*.

LoLoLoL :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

AWESOME!! Here's to 2000 more of your insightful, heartfelt posts.

:cheers::tyou::cupcake::thewave::party::fireworks2::Banane23::Banane59:

(Using some of the awesome smilies I never get to use lol....just go with it)

:takeabow::slap::tyou::loveyou::skip::crush::winkkiss:

"As your neighbors we are appealing to ask you to address the issue of the noise coming from the very loud, obnoxious and disturbing truck that is at your house.

It is a nuisance that shouldnt be allowed on the road, let alone in our quiet street....especially at 1:30 a.m. We've been awakened by it too many nights. It really becomes frustrating to have it go back and forth.

Couldn't you please help us out so we can have some peace?"

thanks"

:floorlaugh: BBM~ Who makes laws of what and what shouldn't be on the road? Is it their road? *Feeling a little snarky*

I know what some are talking about when they say other threads here can result in some pretty heated discussions. Debate is healthy as long as it doesn't degenerate into personal attacks just because there are differing opinions. That's what the little red and yellow triangle on the right side of each post is for, and the reason WS is such a great place to voice your views. There's a difference between strongly voicing your opinion without backing down, and attacking someone because their opinion differs from yours. Report the posts you feel are inappropriate.

When I first started blogging about two years ago I was a real greenhorn LoL. Experience has taught me that you have to take the comments in stride and not take the snide remarks to heart. When I got brave enough to start commenting on my very first forum I would literally burst into tears when someone's words would affect me on a personal level. After I left that forum I didn't blog for a long time...almost a year. Then I decided to give WS a try because I had been reading here for a long time. I've found some very good people here, and a lot of fine people that I am proud to call my friends. I've learned a lot about walking away, and just letting it go when I feel myself wanting to "argue" rather than "discuss".

This is a good place, and we all have a duty to keep it that way. The mods can only do so much because this forum is so HUGE. If we try to keep the discussion here fair for everyone, and not let emotions get the best of us, we can help the mods make this a safe place for everyone.

Now Princess will get off of her soapbox LoL. I love you guys. :blowkiss:

AMEN Sista! Alot of time it is miscommunication and immaturity combined. You said it: Not taking it personally.

ITA. However, I have found some posters dogmatic and full of "belief entitlement". They argue just to argue and have to always be right. Drives me nuts. I had a poster debate a medical condition that I know inside out and they were non medical. I gently corrected them and BAM! Full on assault. :floorlaugh:

Bet I know who you're talking about :). She seems to be a thorn in everyone's side on just about every thread. I'll say no more. :angel:

Oh how I wish we had 2 acres and I didn't live on this stupid street. We have lived here since 1990. I have wanted to move for years, but we couldn't afford to move "up" because of private school tuition. You are so lucky!

Not that lucky. We have a beautiful property but a crappy house. It's over 100 years old and falling apart. I wish I could win the lottery and build a nice house on this property, because it is beautiful. I have a 30 foot oak tree in my back yard. I call him the old man.

Bet I know who you're talking about :). She seems to be a thorn in everyone's side on just about every thread. I'll say no more. :angel:

PSM, I have reported, alerted, called about her. That poster Daisy Mae really is something else.i know exactly what you mean. Alas, I have chosen to be ultra tolerant. I know we all have.

PSM, I have reported, alerted, called about her. That poster Daisy Mae really is something else.i know exactly what you mean. Alas, I have chosen to be ultra tolerant. I know we all have.

WHAT??? WHAT??? What do you ever mean?

Careful with your words ... you don't really know who I am and the powers I carry! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89