SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This video brought me to tears. I try to live by this creed. The Golden Rule. I can remember a time when I had to leave my cart of groceries because there was not enough money to pay for them. It was a very humbling experience. I have always tried to pay it forward when I can. I think we all do. The kindness shown here is an example of that. I have been the recipient of you all's kindness and it has affected me deeply. Xo

My dear Zuri, did you really say "you all's"? Being from the south I hope this wasn't my influence. :laughcry:

:loveyou:

My dear Zuri, did you really say "you all's"? Being from the south I hope this wasn't my influence. :laughcry:

Actually Delaware is consider part of the south. The deep south is comprised of South Carolina, Georgia, the Florida panhandle, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and part of the east Texas's piney woods. It was a slave state, but didn't join the confederacy.

What are Follow the Drinking Gourd, Sweet Chariots, Steal Away and Go Down Moses?

Follow the Drinking Gourd - YouTube

[video=youtube;SP5EfwBWgg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SP5EfwBWgg0[/video]

Down here we say y'all.

Hi Daisy, I think you are here. I'm in late. I went out for coffee tonight with my friend from work. She is my sons age so I think of her like a daughter. Good night to do this as today was my daughters birthday (I hope I dont offend someone) not you! anyway sweetie we went to McDonalds for a chat.:floorlaugh: no one cares how long one stays.. went and bought flowers for cemetery tomorrow, just felt good to get out. Maybe you know~ if the media is in the court room for miss Priss can they report on the air what they hear? or are they blocked from that too? I think this is stupid but she wanted it so she's got it. I still dont think she realized what it would encompass.:floorlaugh: :loveyou:

Sorry if this has already been done..I continue to stumble and try to navigate my way both here and the internet. I found the 12 page handwritten document by CMA on you tube. Wondered if anyone here is able to view it and place it in a more easy viewing manner. You tube ya have to pause, but when I do I lose 1/4 of the page as it goes to the next What I did glean was she remains the same narcisistic, arrogant, sociopath that she portrayed to us all during her trial and interviews..Thanks in advance an hope this works :) [video=youtube;0ZfQYnoU18U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfQYnoU18U[/video]

Sorry if this has already been done..I continue to stumble and try to navigate my way both here and the internet. I found the 12 page handwritten document by CMA on you tube. Wondered if anyone here is able to view it and place it in a more easy viewing manner. You tube ya have to pause, but when I do I lose 1/4 of the page as it goes to the next What I did glean was she remains the same narcisistic, arrogant, sociopath that she portrayed to us all during her trial and interviews..Thanks in advance an hope this works :) Jodi Arias Files 12 Page Handwritten Letter To Fire Defense Lawyer Kirk Nurmi From Her Case - YouTube

The letter has its own thread links are in there

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X using Tapatalk 2

Like others I too was really hoping we'd be able to watch the penalty phase. Selfish of me but I was looking forward to all our members getting together all over again watching this final phase of the trial. It was satisfying to watch it with all you guys last time around. Hopefully we'll have an increase in participation once the trial date is set and things are ready to roll.

I cannot wait for our man Juan to make mince-meat out of JA's lame and outrageous plea for life. Justice for Travis!

From Judge Stephens ruling on the motion to sequester:

In this case, the Court has granted the defense motion to preclude live camera coverage of the trial. The Court expects there will be significantly less media coverage of the case during the retrial of the penalty phase. As noted by the State in its response, much of the media interest in the case was generated by the defendant contacting media outlets. Defendant now complains she cannot receive a fair sentencing phase retrial because of the media interest in her case and wants the jury sequestered for the duration of the sentencing phase retrial. The parties estimate the retrial will last at least two months.

BBM. Snap! by the judge.

Will have to go back and read the other minutes.

From Judge Stephens ruling on the motion to sequester:

In this case, the Court has granted the defense motion to preclude live camera coverage of the trial. The Court expects there will be significantly less media coverage of the case during the retrial of the penalty phase. As noted by the State in its response, much of the media interest in the case was generated by the defendant contacting media outlets. Defendant now complains she cannot receive a fair sentencing phase retrial because of the media interest in her case and wants the jury sequestered for the duration of the sentencing phase retrial. The parties estimate the retrial will last at least two months.

BBM. Snap! by the judge.

Will have to go back and read the other minutes.

Slap down! Lol.

I have to say, I do find it most interesting that this particular defendant sets up traps for herself at every turn. She just keeps thinking she is outsmarting everyone. What is that phrase, point a finger at me, 5 more are pointing back?

She has, via her own willfulness, made sure she is where she sits, and it will continue to get worse. Either through her own deeds and words, or whomever her typing supporters are.

O/T

Just watched an old black and white film on the internet. If you want a family feel good, but gonna' make you cry film, watch The Secret Garden. I have never read the book or seen anything else on it before.

Sorry if this has already been done..I continue to stumble and try to navigate my way both here and the internet. I found the 12 page handwritten document by CMA on you tube. Wondered if anyone here is able to view it and place it in a more easy viewing manner. You tube ya have to pause, but when I do I lose 1/4 of the page as it goes to the next What I did glean was she remains the same narcisistic, arrogant, sociopath that she portrayed to us all during her trial and interviews..Thanks in advance an hope this works :) Jodi Arias Files 12 Page Handwritten Letter To Fire Defense Lawyer Kirk Nurmi From Her Case - YouTube

Thanks, JST. :seeya:

Here's a link to see the letter (without it moving :floorlaugh:):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/179720955/Jodi-Arias-letter-pdf

O/T

Just watched an old black and white film on the internet. If you want a family feel good, but gonna' make you cry film, watch The Secret Garden. I have never read the book or seen anything else on it before.

Great movie. Saw it years ago. There is a book too.

Back to reading posts on CMJA retrial.:seeya:

Slap down! Lol.

I have to say, I do find it most interesting that this particular defendant sets up traps for herself at every turn. She just keeps thinking she is outsmarting everyone. What is that phrase, point a finger at me, 5 more are pointing back?

She has, via her own willfulness, made sure she is where she sits, and it will continue to get worse. Either through her own deeds and words, or whomever her typing supporters are.

Loved reading the minutes, although I don't exactly agree with the ruling. At this point I don't care to see her at all. It's okay that she tries to outsmart everyone. I am sure she is still very proud of being a butcher. She won't win. It is over for her. Tired of her and her supporters. Would love to see Juan in action though!

Morning everyone! :wave:

still :waiting: on Tricia to get back to me re Princess...

Darn, I too wanted to "see" Juan in action! :tantrum: Hoping WildAboutTrial will take notes everyday and "tweet" them for us!! And even our KCL??!! :loveyou:

I found it interesting that Judge Stephens' ruling on the media was abbreviated, with portions under seal. Must have been some rather unflattering points made about CMJA.

With the recording of the proceedings, I would be very surprised if any media outlet released them in their entirety. There just wouldn't be the same kind of interest for them to make money off of doing so. Likewise, it would probably be very expensive for someone other than the media to obtain copies and make them available to the public free of charge.

I found it interesting that Judge Stephens' ruling on the media was abbreviated, with portions under seal. Must have been some rather unflattering points made about CMJA.

With the recording of the proceedings, I would be very surprised if any media outlet released them in their entirety. There just wouldn't be the same kind of interest for them to make money off of doing so. Likewise, it would probably be very expensive for someone other than the media to obtain copies and make them available to the public free of charge.

I will gander a guess at perhaps after sentencing we get a release from "Under Seal" as the case will still be public domain for appellate reasons. So, under seal may be just until she is sentenced, and a bit of a wait until public hate dies down. But really, I hope all public has lost interest and gone on to other cases. She is a done deal.

Of course we all know that Under Seal used to mean forever, and that changed over the centuries. Juvenile records (in some States, not all) remain under seal forever, some States still hold simple divorce under seal forever, and Federal Courts have under seal that still means forever, but that is because someone ratted out Whitey Bulger (spelling of mafia man name?), and will need to be forever under witness protection. Can't even file that stuff over the computer, because, yes, the Feds know nothing is safe on the internet. They have to handle the internet cases for now.

Word being, CMJA supporters cannot deny, the internet is a permanent record available to all. :cool: Rules of Evidence in Federal Court can, and always are, used in cases not in Federal Court about any digital communication. Heh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk2&pLid=407085

Under Arizona law, while Arias' murder conviction stands, prosecutors have the option of pursuing another penalty phase with a new jury in an effort to get a death sentence. If the second jury fails to reach a verdict, the death penalty would be removed as an option, and the judge would sentence Arias to either spend her entire life behind bars or be eligible for release after 25 years.

Jurors with preconceived notions about the appropriate sentence will be excused," Stephens wrote.

Actually Delaware is consider part of the south. The deep south is comprised of South Carolina, Georgia, the Florida panhandle, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and part of the east Texas's piney woods. It was a slave state, but didn't join the confederacy.

What are Follow the Drinking Gourd, Sweet Chariots, Steal Away and Go Down Moses?

Follow the Drinking Gourd - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SP5EfwBWgg0

Down here we say y'all.

For all the inquiring minds out there:

My mother is Southern so I grew up saying you all. I also worked in Chapel Hill for several years and apparently came back up here with a southern accent for awhile.
Here in Delaware, we have a flat Mid Atlantic accent. We do not sound like Philly or Jersey or NY. The further south you go in Delaware, you may hear a more southern twang. We tend to speak nasally and fast. We are not as polite as the folks down south and generally more impatient than Southerners. My mother has a fit with my "bad language". So I am a cross between North and South. Simply Perfect! :floorlaugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk2&pLid=407085

Under Arizona law, while Arias' murder conviction stands, prosecutors have the option of pursuing another penalty phase with a new jury in an effort to get a death sentence. If the second jury fails to reach a verdict, the death penalty would be removed as an option, and the judge would sentence Arias to either spend her entire life behind bars or be eligible for release after 25 years.
Jurors with preconceived notions about the appropriate sentence will be excused," Stephens wrote.

Is that really a possibility? I thought parole was out of the question. :scared::scared:

My mother is Southern so I grew up saying you all. I also worked in Chapel Hill for several years and apparently came back up here with a southern accent for awhile.
Here in Delaware, we have a flat Mid Atlantic accent. We do not sound like Philly or Jersey or NY. The further south you go in Delaware, you may hear a more southern twang. We tend to speak nasally and fast. We are not as polite as the folks down south and generally more impatient than Southerners. My mother has a fit with my "bad language". So I am a cross between North and South. Simply Perfect! :floorlaugh:

I'm not American. I think the Southern accent is so sweet and charming. :loveyou:

I want some family recipes!

That is all.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members