SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes or No ~

Thank you so much for all the info. Even though it was built to be temporary, that "cottage" really looked magical! Reading your words made me think how great you'd be teaching an adult class on movies (I'd certainly enroll!.) The Ghost and Mrs. Muir book would be a perfect gift for my daughter, so I'm going to look for it. We're Irish, and know what "muir" means;coincidentally, my daughter graduated from the University of California's MUIR College

Yes, but one thing for sure, I am now inspired to see "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir". :) For some reason I had in my mind this was one of those silly, comedy, ghost movies, lol. I guess I had it mixed up with something else. I'm glad to see it's not that. If it's not on TCM soon, I'll just order the DVD. Love, love, love these movies. :loveyou:

ETA: I just found it on TCM, it's on Tuesday night. Yayyyyy :)

There was a Ghost and Mrs. Muir in the late sixties with Charles Nelson Reilly and Hope Lang that was a sitcom.

He was in Bye Bye Bridie,was on the Match Game, and he directed Julie Harris in the Belle of Amherst.

Hmmm so many actor's that are in the movies we've been watching. It kinda like seven degrees of Kevin Bacon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kmuF3jiufww

I've never been a big fan, but did love What's up Doc, with Ryan O'Neal, and Madeline Kahn,and The Owl and the Pussycat. I loved Ryan O'Neal asking for movie ticket to cycle *advertiser censored* to see her, and his boss was walking by.

Yes, but one thing for sure, I am now inspired to see "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir". :) For some reason I had in my mind this was one of those silly, comedy, ghost movies, lol. I guess I had it mixed up with something else. I'm glad to see it's not that. If it's not on TCM soon, I'll just order the DVD. Love, love, love these movies. :loveyou:

ETA: I just found it on TCM, it's on Tuesday night. Yayyyyy :)

It may be that you were thinking of the short-lived (50 episodes from 1968-1970) TV sitcom starring Hope Lange, Edward Mulhare, Reta Shaw, and Charles Nelson Reilly.

GhostMrsMuir_zpse97adde2.jpg

Ghost_zps4f5bed00.jpg

Yes or No ~

Thank you so much for all the info. Even though it was built to be temporary, that "cottage" really looked magical! Reading your words made me think how great you'd be teaching an adult class on movies (I'd certainly enroll!.) The Ghost and Mrs. Muir book would be a perfect gift for my daughter, so I'm going to look for it. We're Irish, and know what "muir" means;coincidentally, my daughter graduated from the University of California's MUIR College

Teaching? No. I wouldn't be a good teacher at this point in my life. Sometimes when I'm actually talking, I forget some words that I want to use- just can't seem to get them out and just fumble when talking. I'm better at writing; at least I can pause and think of the word(s) longer. :facepalm: And I don't like all movies- especially movies now. There's no mystery to them- they just all hang out, with all the cursing, sex, etc. I like the classics where you need your imagination to, sort of, fill in the blanks.

There was some sort of "class" in the old movies. I loved that the actors/actresses' personal lives were controlled and kept secret by the studios; who wants to know every little bad fart they did- it ruins the illusion, IMO. Movies are illusions after all. There were some leaks, but not many years ago- not like now. Who cares about Woody Allen, Charlie Sheen, and "what-her-face" who sings/acts? I'm not their friends; I just want to watch their movies without having to think that they are drunks, child molesters (or so "they" say), drug addicts, etc. I like the mystery of the actresses/actors and I don't like sex being thrown in my face every 3rd screen; I don't need to see what is suppose to be a private matter between 2 people. I like "the kiss" and the cut to the ocean, moon, waves, etc. being shown next- if you know what I mean. My imagination is much better than what is being shown on the screen nowadays, IMO. :floorlaugh:

The book is hard to find, but look here at BookFinder-I use them all the time to find old books. I always try to find the book that a movie is based on:

http://www.bookfinder.com/

I checked for you and there seems to be a lot more and with better prices than when I bought my book. Good luck and it was nice talking about movies, for sure. :seeya:

Morning TruthD. :seeya:

It's a glorious, sunny day today with temps in the 50's.
How's the weather by you?

Hi, it is sunny with a high of 42, havent seen that for a while. It is beautiful! The snow is just about gone. I am going to the cemetery in a while. Monday is my bad day but it will be cold again.
I went to the store yesterday and bought my roses. I actually blew across the parking lot! my hat blew off. The hat went flying and me after it. By the time I made it to the store I was completely worn out..barely breathing. On top of it, my inhaler ran out!!:scared: if it happens again, the he!! with the hat I'll buy another one. Wind today 20~30 mph. I'm going to check on the little one in Memphis now..:please:

Teaching? No. I wouldn't be a good teacher at this point in my life. Sometimes when I'm actually talking, I forget some words that I want to use- just can't seem to get them out and just fumble when talking. I'm better at writing; at least I can pause and think of the word(s) longer. :facepalm: And I don't like all movies- especially movies now. There's no mystery to them- they just all hang out, with all the cursing, sex, etc. I like the classics where you need your imagination to, sort of, fill in the blanks.

There was some sort of "class" in the old movies. I loved that the actors/actresses' personal lives were controlled and kept secret by the studios; who wants to know every little bad fart they did- it ruins the illusion, IMO. Movies are illusions after all. There were some leaks, but not many years ago- not like now. Who cares about Woody Allen, Charlie Sheen, and "what-her-face" who sings/acts? I'm not their friends; I just want to watch their movies without having to think that they are drunks, child molesters (or so "they" say), drug addicts, etc. I like the mystery of the actresses/actors and I don't like sex being thrown in my face every 3rd screen; I don't need to see what is suppose to be a private matter between 2 people. I like "the kiss" and the cut to the ocean, moon, waves, etc. being shown next- if you know what I mean. My imagination is much better than what is being shown on the screen nowadays, IMO. :floorlaugh:

The book is hard to find, but look here at BookFinder-I use them all the time to find old books. I always try to find the book that a movie is based on:

http://www.bookfinder.com/

I checked for you and there seems to be a lot more and with better prices than when I bought my book. Good luck and it was nice talking about movies, for sure. :seeya:
------------

YesorNo, AMEN!!!!! my exact feelings.:seeya:

Hi, it is sunny with a high of 42, havent seen that for a while. It is beautiful! The snow is just about gone. I am going to the cemetery in a while. Monday is my bad day but it will be cold again.
I went to the store yesterday and bought my roses. I actually blew across the parking lot! my hat blew off. The hat went flying and me after it. By the time I made it to the store I was completely worn out..barely breathing. On top of it, my inhaler ran out!!:scared: if it happens again, the he!! with the hat I'll buy another one. Wind today 20~30 mph. I'm going to check on the little one in Memphis now..:please:

Your snow is about gone!!!!!
We still have lots; maybe it's because we are in the mountains.
We have giant icicles melting on the sides of the house. :floorlaugh:

I don't want to hear about the cold front coming- No, No, NO NO

NO!

picture.php

picture.php

:eek:lympics: update on the 4-man bobsled, after Heat 2:

1. Russian Federation 1
2. LATVIA 1 - just .04 behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loveyou:

My cousin is driving Latvia 2, he's in 13th place (for now!)

YesorNo be careful of those icicles!!!! :hearno:

:wave:

1. Russian Federation 1

BBM How exciting! So, what happened?

This is me now :facepalm:

picture.php

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

1. Russian Federation 1

Good Luck to him in his heat(s) tomorrow/tonight (4:30 am my time)!
Someone needs to grab that gold away from Russia, they have enough already :snooty:
Which driver is he? You don't have to say his name...if you give age I can figure it out. I have my home page set to the games, I have literally watched everything that has happened for 2 weeks.

Anyway, I will cheer for your cousins team along with the US boys .:cheer::woot::cheer:

At the moment I am on the verge of not even cheering for the US team tho, I am so pissed at the womens and mens hockey teams for pretty much giving away a gold medal (women) and the shot at one (men). :tantrum:

Sochi will be known as the 2014 big choke games to me :steamed:

1. Russian Federation 1

Wow, a cousin in the Olympics!!

I have a friend who was in the 1952 Olympics in Helsinki who won a silver medal in track and field.

I think my son would be mad if he happen to find it on the internet.

Don't laugh Nymeria :princes: :floorlaugh:

------
OMG- Ricki's not on anymore!! (my son will kill me) :scared:

STOWE, Vt. (AP) — Maria von Trapp, the last surviving member and second-eldest daughter of the musical family whose escape from Nazi-occupied Austria was the basis for "The Sound of Music," has died. She was 99....

She was the third child and second-oldest daughter of Austrian Naval Capt. Georg von Trapp and his first wife, Agathe Whitehead von Trapp. Their seven children were the basis for the singing family in the musical and film.

"The Sound of Music" was based loosely on a 1949 book by von Trapp's second wife, also Maria von Trapp, who died in 1987. It tells the story of an Austrian woman who married a widower with seven children and teaches them music..."

http://news.yahoo.com/maria-von-trapp-99-dies-vermont-005546425.html

RIP

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :skip:

All good now. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics