SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that I have been a grump today. :eek:

picture.php

Guess I started the morning off badly by reading about Ms. Novak.

Don't be bashing old people or America- I get :eek:kay:

So- some funnies:
--------------------

The Reason I’m Tired!

For a couple of years I’ve been blaming it on lack of sleep and too much pressure from my
job, but now I found out the real reason: I’m tired because I’m overworked.

The population of this country is 237 million. 104 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work.

There are 85 million in school, which leaves 48 million to do the work.

Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, leaving 19 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.

Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for State and City Governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.

At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.

That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me.

And you’re sitting at your computer reading jokes!

-------------------------------------------
And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach and green and yellow vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the 99-cent double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, "You want fries with that?" And Man said, "Super size them." And Man gained pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her figure that man found so fair.

And Satan froze the yogurt, and he brought forth chocolate, nuts and brightly colored sprinkle candy to put on the yogurt. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

And Satan brought forth creamy dressings, bacon bits, and shredded cheese. And there was ice cream for dessert. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "I have sent your heart healthy vegetables and olive oil with which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained pounds, and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.

And God brought forth running shoes, and Man resolved to lose those extra pounds.

And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil to change channels between ESPN and ESPN2. And Man gained pounds.

And God said, "You're running up the score, Devil."

And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour cream dip also.

And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in cholesterol. And Satan saw and said, "It is good."And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.....

And Satan created HMOs.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When the husband finally died his wife put the usual death notice in the paper, but added that he died of gonorrhea. No sooner were the papers delivered when a good friend of the family phoned and complained bitterly, "You know very well that he died of diarrhea, not gonorrhea."

Replied the widow, "I nursed him night and day so of course I know of what he died, but I thought it would be better for posterity to remember him as a great lover rather than the big poop he always was."

------------------------------------------------------------
A man lay upstairs, on his death bed, barely alive. From downstairs in the house wafted up the scent of his favorite chocolate chip cookies. Using his last ounce of strength, he hauled himself upright, staggered out to the hall and painfully inched his way, one stair at a time, down stairs.
He crept along slowly, balancing himself by clutching the wall, until finally he reached the kitchen. Sure enough, cooling on the kitchen table, he saw the wonderful cookies. He stretched out his hand to grasp one, when suddenly his hand was smacked by his wife, standing behind him.
"Stay out of those," she yelled.
"They're for the funeral."

-------------------------------------
FEMALE PRAYER:

Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man, who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong,
One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks,
When he says he'll call, he won't wait weeks.
I pray that he is gainfully employed,
When I spend his cash, won't be annoyed.
Pulls out my chair and opens my door,
Massages my back and begs to do more.
Oh! Send me a man who'll love my mind,
Knows what to answer to "How big is my behind?"
I pray that this man will love me to no end,
And never attempt to hit on my friend.
And as I kneel and pray by my bed,
I look at the creep you sent me instead.
Amen.

MALE PRAYER:

I pray for a deaf-mute nymphomaniac with big *advertiser censored* who owns a liquor store.
Amen
------------------------------------------------------

Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp on them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

---------------------------------------------
A husband and wife are getting ready for bed. The wife is standing in front of a full length mirror taking a hard look at herself. "You know love" she says, "I look in the mirror and I see an old woman. My face is all wrinkled, my *advertiser censored* are barely above my waist, my butt is hanging out a mile. I've got fat legs and my arms are all flabby" She turns to her husband and says, "Tell me something positive to make me feel better about myself".

He thinks about it for a bit and then says "well......there's nothing wrong with your eyesight".
----------------------------------------------
For Sale by Owner

Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica. 45 volumes. Excellent condition.
$1,000.00 or best offer. No longer needed.
Got married last weekend. Wife knows everything
---------------------------------------

I just cracked up when I asked my DH if he would be ready to eat in a few minutes and he was watching TV and I got no answer, then, no answer again. So I asked the third time, "will you be ready to eat in about five minutes, Yes or No"... which is when I finally got a "yes".... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I know, I know, what little it takes to entertain me these days, lol. Still, I attribute my entertainment to your name, YesOrNO. :seeya:

ETA: BTW, YesOrNo, did you get your name from Juan, since he is known for "yes or no" ? I just love it. And he is the only one I can think of, unless of course your a Dr. Laura follower. :seeya:

Gone fishin!

One Saturday morning a fisherman gets up early, dresses quietly, gets his lunch made, puts on his long johns, grabs the dog and goes to the garage to hook up his boat to the truck and head down the road. Coming out of his garage, rain is pouring down in a torrential downpour. There is snow mixed in with the rain, and the wind is blowing 50 mph. Minutes later, he returns to the garage. He comes back into the house and turns the TV to the weather channel. He finds it's going to be bad weather all day long, so he puts his boat back in the garage, quietly undresses and slips back into bed. There he cuddles up to his wife's back, and whispers, "The weather out there is terrible". To which she sleepily replies, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that gale?"
---------------------------------------------------------
Skinny people

Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like, "You know, sometimes I just forget to eat."
Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat.
------------------------------
A friend of mine confused her valium with her birth control pills. She had 14 kids, but she doesn't really care.
--------------------------------------------
The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.
-------------------------------------------------
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think - I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.

-----------------------------------------
Adam and Eve had an ideal marriage. He didn't have to hear about all the men she could have married, and she didn't have to hear about the way his mother cooked.

------------------------------------------------
A guy was invited to some old friends' home for dinner. His buddy preceded every request to his wife by endearing terms, calling her Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc. He was impressed since the couple had been married almost 70 years. While the wife was off in the kitchen he said to his buddy, "I think it's wonderful that after all the years you've been married, you still call your wife those pet names". His buddy hung his head. "To tell you the truth, I forgot her name about ten years ago."

An elderly couple was driving cross-country, and the woman was driving. She got pulled over by the highway patrol. The officer says, 'Ma'am, did you know you were speeding?" The woman turns to her husband and asks, "What did he say?" The old man yells, "HE SAYS YOU WERE SPEEDING." The patrolman says, "May I see your license?" The woman turns to her husband and asks, "What did he say?" The old man yells, "HE WANTS TO SEE YOUR LICENSE." The woman gives him her license. The patrolman says, "I see you are from Arkansas. I spent some time there once, had the worst sex with a woman I have ever had." The woman turns to her husband and asks, "What did he say?" "HE THINKS HE KNOWS YOU," the old man yells.

A fellow bought a new Corvette and was out on an interstate for a nice evening drive. The top was down and the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair, so he decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw a flashing red and blue light behind him. "There ain't no way they can catch a Corvette," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The needle hit 90, 100, 130 and finally 150 with the light still behind him. "What in the heck am I doing?" he thought and pulled over. The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car. "I've had a tough shift and this is my last pull over. I don't feel like more paperwork so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before you can go!" "Last week my wife ran off with a cop," the man said, "and I was afraid you were trying to give her back!" "Move along," said the officer.

-------------------------------------------------

I just cracked up when I asked my DH if he would be ready to eat in a few minutes and he was watching TV and I got no answer, then, no answer again. So I asked the third time, "will you be ready to eat in about five minutes, Yes or No"... which is when I finally got a "yes".... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I know, I know, what little it takes to entertain me these days, lol. Still, I attribute my entertainment to your name, YesOrNO. :seeya:

ETA: BTW, YesOrNo, did you get your name from Juan, since he is known for "yes or no" ? I just love it. And he is the only one I can think of, unless of course your a Dr. Laura follower. :seeya:

Yes- from Juan.
(was originally going to be "mrsmuir")

What's the story about the cane??? Tell all, already.

I happen to think wrinkles are beautiful- especially around the eyes, which are usually from laughing or smiling a lot.

Nore, you must be beautiful because you are always laughing. :floorlaugh: :loveyou:

Wrinkles show a long life and there is much to be said for experience and intelligence that is gained from the passing of time. Wrinkles are the "etchings" of experience.
Has anyone actually looked at an old lady/man and see the beauty of the face. I saw it everyday when I worked at the nursing home. And that beautiful silver/white hair- just lovely.
Why people want to look so young is beyond me.
And why can't people be kind?

picture.php

Look at these old people- aren't they beautiful? Yes, very. I love every wrinkle and sagging skin they have.

picture.php

picture.php

----------
YesorNo, thank you. On the lighter side~you'd be in ecstasy if you saw me in person.:laughcry:
About my cane, sometimes my knee wants to give out also have trouble getting in and out of the car. My cane has a little "stand" on the bottom. I had it standing next to my bed. All of a sudden it fell over! hit me right on the top of my shin! it turned purple and swelled up like an egg!! still swollen a bit, was purple all the way down the bone!! no didnt ice it~didnt feel like walking to the kitchen.So much for the cane~really when the pain is real bad the cane helps. That and my rotten knees! would you believe vicodin doesn't kill the pain..:loveyou:

Nore, do you have a hurry cane? I got my mother one but I don't think she liked it. I got her a super pretty cane with flowers hoping she would use it. My mother does not have any balance in one of her ears, so she staggers all over the place. She is rail thin and I worry about falls.

Nore, do you have a hurry cane? I got my mother one but I don't think she liked it. I got her a super pretty cane with flowers hoping she would use it. My mother does not have any balance in one of her ears, so she staggers all over the place. She is rail thin and I worry about falls.

------------
Hi Kensie, no. I have a Hugo!! it's metal and has four little thingys on the bottom. has a soft rubber covering on the handle. Ithought being hit with the cane was hysterically funny, supposed to protect me. Yeah right! I think my husbands spirit came in and bumped it. He had as much humor as a broken crutch. Joey and I used to crack up over him! My balance is off some also. I am taking about 6 meds. that say it can cause dizziness so could be that too for me. I also get the hearing loss in my right ear. Darn, knocks everything off kilter. I'm not allowed in the basement. Amy is afraid I will fall down the stairs. My cane~a Hugo. In hi school a friend told me a "Hugo" had a crush on me! I never saw him in my life..I had a b friend Richard, still wonder what he looks like now! Goodnight Sweetie..

YEsorNO:

As for your son's reaction to the **very** good news. I wonder if his attitude is a cover for anxiety that he might fail? If so, that's pretty normal. (Although who can interpret the behaviour of the young male of the species?! When I watch my son and his male friends, I often feel like Dian Fossey.)

Although I read these threads constantly, I seldom post, but this Dian Fossey quote is priceless.

Paging Zuri:

How are you doing by now, nice person? Pneumonia's no picnic, and involves a long, no-energy recovery. I know you'll be careful with it, and not end up on oxygen in the hospital the way I did. The oxygen did make a world of difference.

Take the very best care of youself!

The Trial Divas spotted JM in the courthouse yesterday:

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 17h
Guess who we ran into? #Juanalicious! He looked refreshed & very handsome in a blue suit and shimmery blue & white stripped tie..#HesBack!

Thank goodness. :loveyou:

Previous "in limine (6/2011) to preclude defense experts from testifying that defendant lacked premeditation, acted in self-defense or was fearful when she killed the victim. Defense experts should also be precluded from testifying about the victim's alleged conditions or tendencies. Defendant's self-serving hearsay statements to her experts relaying the victim's alleged statements should also be precluded."

See page 9, item C- Dr. Samuel's/ Karp's report:

"The reports of the defense experts contains several hearsay statements that the defendants attribute to the victim. Dr. Samuels stated in his report: The victim "admitted having an interest and experience" in sex "with young boys"; 'You F-ing *****, I'll kill you". (Samuels report at 5, 8: P1096,P1099).

Dr. Karp stated in her report, 'He yelled at her, "f-ing kill you, *****: he told her that he had a couple of experiences with boys and did confess to a bishop, but not his bishop; Travis had admitted to her that he had fondled little boys before. (Karp report at 12, P1019, Addendeum at 3, 6, P1096, P1089). The only collaborative evidence are 10 forged letters purportedly written by the victim."

http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-expert-hearsay-issue.pdf

Lies!

(WARNING: One blurred but graphic photo!):

Jodi Arias Lies! - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics