SIDEBAR #24- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched this on HLN and after I laughed so much that I cried, I had to post this commercial from KMart.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: (I can't stop laughing!!) :floorlaugh:

Kmart's 'Ship My Pants' Commercial [HD] - YouTube

Anyway. Good morning. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:.....:seeya:

Thanks for the info, Bernina.

I looked at real estate in northern Arizona and while the taxes are much cheaper than NJ- where my son is living now- they are comparable to Upstate NY, but, of course there's lots of snow here in the Winter and that's what he is trying to avoid.
The prices of a 4 bed/2 ba house in AZ are not as cheap as he said, IMO.
Of course, I don't know where he was looking. I think AZ looks like maybe the moon looks like. :floorlaugh: No more hosta plants, roses, ferns, trees, etc. :anguish:

:desert:

I was laughing at the "Coucho" :floorlaugh: I'm like, "that has to be "CONCHO"!!!
You do realize that house has 40+ acres with it.......if you want to get into emu ranching, I can get you started! :floorlaugh:
Roses pretty much grow anywhere in Arizona, hosta is limited, trees and ferns depend on altitude.

It's a "buyer's market" in Arizona, and the "financial forecasters" say we won't be at pre-recession prices for another 2 years.
I'll check out some places today.:seeya:

I was laughing at the "Coucho" :floorlaugh: I'm like, "that has to be "CONCHO"!!!
You do realize that house has 40+ acres with it.......if you want to get into emu ranching, I can get you started! :floorlaugh:
Roses pretty much grow anywhere in Arizona, hosta is limited, trees and ferns depend on altitude.

It's a "buyer's market" in Arizona, and the "financial forecasters" say we won't be at pre-recession prices for another 2 years.
I'll check out some places today.:seeya:

BBM What. What's so funny? Of course I don't know what the towns are all about, but you probably do. 40 acres- but look at the acres :giggle:..(the moon, definitely the moon, I tell you :desert:) and what the heck can you grow there:

lb4a84b44-m2xd-w400_h300_q80.jpg

I'm not SD (neither is my son- he's a cat person :cat:) and wouldn't like having emus to take care of (just imagine the turd clean-up :eek:..) :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

YoYo, if you are thinking about moving away from the NORTH, you may want to look at San Antonio, TX. That is where I want to eventually land. Nice city, nice climate.

YoYo, if you are thinking about moving away from the NORTH, you may want to look at San Antonio, TX. That is where I want to eventually land. Nice city, nice climate.

What's nice climate?

Sedona
IS5qzaaw2z6trn0000000000.jpg

Flagstaff
IStkbjkubtztsg0000000000.jpg

Cornville
ISxjl1ymegad6m1000000000.jpg

Went to the Zillow site........urgh, lot of homes photo'd in the winter, and a bunch of mobiles.....will check some more areas later today. Trying to check out Northern half of the State.

BBM What. What's so funny? Of course I don't know what the towns are all about, but you probably do. 40 acres- but look at the acres :giggle:..(the moon, definitely the moon, I tell you :desert:) and what the heck can you grow there:

lb4a84b44-m2xd-w400_h300_q80.jpg

I'm not SD (neither is my son- he's a cat person :cat:) and wouldn't like having emus to take care of (just imagine the turd clean-up :eek:..) :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The "Miracle" of the desert......all you add is water.

Emu turds are actually pretty biodegradable, they just kinda disintegrate into the soil, but that just could be because mine run around on 5+ acres.:scared:

Attachments

• steely.jpg
    steely.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 9
Sedona
IS5qzaaw2z6trn0000000000.jpg

Flagstaff
IStkbjkubtztsg0000000000.jpg

Cornville
ISxjl1ymegad6m1000000000.jpg

Went to the Zillow site........urgh, lot of homes photo'd in the winter, and a bunch of mobiles.....will check some more areas later today. Trying to check out Northern half of the State.

Yes, very pretty, but what's the prices (no Links). My son is not a fancy guy and wouldn't want to spend loads of $ on a house. He doesn't want a mortgage (or a big one). He doesn't care what the other "guys" are doing and won't keep up with "the Jones". He just doesn't care (he's a little like me :facepalm:- both my sons are like me :facepalm:).

But the land that the houses you are showing me look good (especially Cornville- actually looks like here).
This is what I'm use to:

GL_faveplace_upstate.jpg

fawn.jpg

92573013_XS.jpg

240px-Lake_Otsego_-_tree_lawn_%28569771960%29.jpg

:anguish::anguish:

But then there's this:

natpkg.buffalo.snow.cnn.640x360.jpg

:tyou:

YoYo, except for the snow picture and the Sedona picture, the other pictures look like where I live.

And can't forget this in the Fall: :anguish:

1193071-bigthumbnail.jpg

YoYo, are you dead set on AZ? Tennessee looks a lot like your pictures. It is a beautiful state but I would stay away from the Memphis area. Georgia is also nice. New Mexico is nice too. I went to elementary school in NM.

YoYo, except for the snow picture and the Sedona picture, the other pictures look like where I live.

I don't want to move where it's hot. :(
My son may move to either Tenn. or Arizona and wants me to come with them.
(see my post # 862 on pg. 35- don't know how to post single post).

:tyou: for your suggestion, Kensie. :blowkiss:

Thanks YoYo.

Just read your post and I am so sorry that you have been upset. TN is really nice and the humidity is not very bad. It is so green and has mountains. I love TN. Do you mind me asking where in TN?

Thanks YoYo.

Just read your post and I am so sorry that you have been upset. TN is really nice and the humidity is not very bad. It is so green and has mountains. I love TN. Do you mind me asking where in TN?

Anywhere that there's not too much snow, has low taxes and affordable houses- according to my son.
I'm OK now, Kensie. I just move along and adjust my expectations accordingly- done it all my life and it works for me. I may be upset at the beginning of some of the problems I have, but I always work it out in my mind and then it becomes "OK". What can you do sometimes- I'm getting old and I respect that my son needs to worry about himself and his needs, also. It's not all about me in this life, IMO.

Anywhere that there's not too much snow, has low taxes and affordable houses- according to my son.

I am about 20 miles from the TN state line. TN does not have a state tax but their city taxes can be high. In franklin, the city tax is about 10 percent.
The housing is probably affordable. Where I live, you can get a 3000 sq foot house for around $300k. I thought that amount was high until I started watching House Hunters. Your son is correct. I am not sure if you are taxed on food in TN. In AL, we are taxed on food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member