SIDEBAR #26- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone :seeya:

cute-pocket-kitty-bathrobe.jpg

Gee I hope Deanna Reid does not have to face JA but she did manage to hold up very well when Nurmi had her on the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of Travis' journals disappeared when he died. All those words handwritten into a journal for anyone to cut and paste into a template and then retrace onto paper or however creative the person could have been to make up the letter JA wanted to use. JA felt it was so important to make a copy of it but did not feel that "keeping" the original was important. Who would do that unless the original was something you wanted to hide.

If the witness is Deanna JA would only want to torment DR on the stand because she feels she could. I can't imagine how Deanna would have anything to do with the penalty stage of this trial. Can anyone think of what witnesses JA would want to call?

jmo

The only witness I can think of is Matt. I don't think he would be willing. Can he be forced to so this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the initials D.R. stand for a witness, the only one I can think of is Deanna Reid. I cannot thik of any professional with those initials now off the case.

Jodi wants Deanna on the stand. This is the woman Travis truly loved. Jodi wants to harass her as much as Judge Stephens will allow. This is truly a bad idea for Jodi but if this helps sign her death warrant, so be it. She asked for it, she'll get it...what a sociopath....is my belief

Many of Travis' journals disappeared when he died. All those words handwritten into a journal for anyone to cut and paste into a template and then retrace onto paper or however creative the person could have been to make up the letter JA wanted to use. JA felt it was so important to make a copy of it but did not feel that "keeping" the original was important. Who would do that unless the original was something you wanted to hide.

If the witness is Deanna JA would only want to torment DR on the stand because she feels she could. I can't imagine how Deanna would have anything to do with the penalty stage of this trial. Can anyone think of what witnesses JA would want to call?

jmo

But I don't think Jodi thinks of this as just the penalty phase. She wants a do over of the guilty phase, therefore she could be longing to score some points by smearing Deanna in some fashion. When both sides submit their supplemental filings, I would hope JSS refuses to allow DR to be called again, agreeing that she isn't needed for the penalty phase of the trial. Unless this is a professional with those initials.
Anyone remember a professional with the initials of DR?

Jodi wants Deanna on the stand. This is the woman Travis truly loved. Jodi wants to harass her as much as Judge Stephens will allow. This is truly a bad idea for Jodi but if this helps sign her death warrant, so be it. She asked for it, she'll get it...what a sociopath....is my belief

Isn't Deanna the one that Nurmi tried to get to admit she was abused by Travis or touched in some inappropriate way. Jodi would get her jollies out of that.

Isn't Deanna the one that Nurmi tried to get to admit she was abused by Travis or touched in some inappropriate way. Jodi would get her jollies out of that.

yes it is. I just hope Judge Stephens controls Jodi. Like Ted Bundy, she thinks she can beat the system...is my belief..

She's already a convicted murderess, one more step to go and it's taking forever...SMH

Was it a relative?

17 year old from the MHP.

I discounted any family member from the beginning: It was just too typical of things the way they were when I was growing up and the the way many Mormon families I have known present themselves (don't get me wrong, many present like the Elizabeth Smart family, but it's like the "have's and have not's"......and if ES's little sister hadn't witnessed the abduction, the Smarts would have been under the microscope FAR more than what they endured).
That was factoring in that dad was LDS and nothing indicated mom was a member: Dad was still the salvation for his family as far as church doctrine. The prior molestation charges were just "charges", and at that time they occurred, late 90's, early 2000, LE would have pushed it to the brink if it was substantiated. It "looked" like the extended family was trying to cause problems with Jenise's parents...could be wrong but it just hit me as a bit "fabricated".

CMJA wants to take as many people down with her as possible........if that means getting them on the stand and getting to tell their deepest, darkest secrets, she'll push the envelope to do it.

Seriously, someone needs to remind her that this is the penalty phase.

She has to present a case on WHY she shouldn't get the needle........and there just isn't anyone out there that thinks her life is worth 2 cents.

"It's not even about whether or not you like Jodi Arias. Nine days out of 10, I don't like Jodi Arias."
Kirk Nurmi :lol:

I want to know what the jury will be allowed to consider in deliberations. My understanding is that they will have to be apprised of what occurred in the guilt phase, not the entire proceedings but more than just telling them she was found guilty. So...if all they can by law consider is what is brought up in the penalty phase (which will obviously have to include some of what went on in the guilt phase) can they consider any unanswered questions they might have regarding the guilt phase? Basically, if things are brought up in this retrial that show how this is a DP case but those things are not elaborated on any more than necessary, can the jury ask for further elaboration or are they just stuck having to deal with unanswered questions about something that occurred in the guilt phase but was brought up in the penalty phase?

Sorry if this is confusing. I guess I want to know what kind of jury instructions might rule this retrial.

I want to know what the jury will be allowed to consider in deliberations. My understanding is that they will have to be apprised of what occurred in the guilt phase, not the entire proceedings but more than just telling them she was found guilty. So...if all they can by law consider is what is brought up in the penalty phase (which will obviously have to include some of what went on in the guilt phase) can they consider any unanswered questions they might have regarding the guilt phase? Basically, if things are brought up in this retrial that show how this is a DP case but those things are not elaborated on any more than necessary, can the jury ask for further elaboration or are they just stuck having to deal with unanswered questions about something that occurred in the guilt phase but was brought up in the penalty phase?

Sorry if this is confusing. I guess I want to know what kind of jury instructions might rule this retrial.

One of the things that has concerned me all along is that the defense would basically try to "retry" the entire trial. I still don't understand exactly how this retrial is going to work. Even for the prosecution, I don't see how JM can show that Jodi deserves the death penalty without going into the planning, etc. involved in the murder.

I can't imagine Judge Stephens not accommodating questions about the guilt phase. She has been expansive about answering questions.

Request for more pocket kittens and sleeping puppies. Duly submitted.

One of the things that has concerned me all along is that the defense would basically try to "retry" the entire trial. I still don't understand exactly how this retrial is going to work. Even for the prosecution, I don't see how JM can show that Jodi deserves the death penalty without going into the planning, etc. involved in the murder.
Could there be a mistrial due to ineffective counsel?

Wasn't Jodi kicking and screaming about not hearing the "sex tape" in the courtroom?

Exactly!

Seems to me that each side will have some specifics that they need the jury to hear. For the state it is that she was convicted of premeditated murder with aggravating factors so it is easy to state that fact to the jury. I think JM can do this very well even in an abbreviated form. For the defense I assume abuse will play in, and Jodi will take every opportunity she can to hammer home that Travis was abusive. If she can state he did this or that to her, will she be limited in what she can say or can she just run full throttle with this once again? Because I do not see how JA can be precluded from going into detail about TA abuse given that was and probably still is her primary mitigating factor.

By law what can happen during a retrial of only a penalty phase? I have never seen anything like this and in this instance we have the convicted murderer doing her own research, potentially calling witnesses, directly questioning all witnesses, giving a closing argument, etc. Add to that the fact that her main mitigator is something that was not proven in the first phase and since it did not happen cannot be proven now. Yet, she will be allowed to hammer at this at least to some degree. Are there laws regarding how far either side can go with something that was such a huge part of the guilt phase or could we end up having basically what amounts to a guilt phase redo of everything but the guilty verdict? Lord help us all if that is a go.

Could there be a mistrial due to ineffective counsel?

Wasn't Jodi kicking and screaming about not hearing the "sex tape" in the courtroom?

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm just guessing. But I don't see how Jodi could claim that JW and KN were ineffective. Those two all but did the Pas De Deux from Swan Lake to get her off. About the only thing I can see as a legitimate claim is that they hired really lousy expert witnesses. But even there, I think they took what they could get.

As far as the sex tape goes, IIRC she AND THE DEFENSE TEAM only wanted to play the "phone sex" portion of the tape. The judge ruled, on a motion by Martinez, that the whole thing had to be played. So I don't think she can blame that on Nurmi & Wilmott.

"...A polar vortex (if we’re allowed to call it that when it’s not winter) across the Great Lakes and into the interior Northeast during mid-to-late September, says Paul Pastelok, Accuweather’s lead long-range forecaster.

El Nino will bring moisture to the southwest and Texas in the fall. But no drought relief for California, according to Accuweather. The National Weather Service says expect below-average temperatures in southern Texas in the November-to-January period...."

http://nypost.com/2014/08/08/brace-yourself-for-another-polar-vortex-in-september/

shutterstock_166836944.jpg

re bold - that's not what I heard about El Nino - it's supposed to give California some rain... :waitasec: so who knows!!??

Good morning everyone :seeya:

cute-pocket-kitty-bathrobe.jpg

I WANT one!! Cute! :happydance:

29 more days.... for Justice for Travis!! :skip:

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors