SIDEBAR #26- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the reason for the tape delay. I thought the "no cameras" related to the media hype and possibly tainting unsequestered jurors, tape delay is usually for blocking inappropriate content. Maybe JSS had issues with the graphic testimony and photos more that the hype?

I think that's got to be it. Lots of screen shots of evidence photos put up during trial made their rounds on the internet (autopsy and sex pics), and Missy's history vacillates between a "R" and "X" rating....you folks back East were getting the live feed when the kids where getting home from school, not that THAT should be an issue unless Judge Stephens thinks viewers have child raising problems which shouldn't be her call anyway.
Then it could be just the idea of jury contamination. This trial has probably been the biggest spectacle since Governor Ev Mecham was impeached. Can't think of any other situation where National and International MSM flocked in Phoenix in such mass numbers. 'Cept maybe SB1070 and film crews were basically filming people who had been bused in from out of State to protest.
Jurors have their jobs really cut out for them, avoiding any type of media.

I keep reading elsewhere online that there will be no live feed. I think this info is incorrect, the 1/2 hour delay was the last ruling i thought....and that it would be aired. I suspect that HLN will have the pause button via using the 1/2 hour delay and will do so to bring in ratings. Does anyone know the answer, coverage or not?

Hi Everyone!

Wow, great to see all kinds of familiar names on here. What a crazy, sad, intense time we all walked through together. Deep breath...

*snippity snip*

Thanks for reading...and please keep in touch wherever you can. :)

Katie

Hey, Katie!!!!!:loveyou:

Take it slow and be good to yourself!

Your commentary and reflections will be surely missed during this next phase, but you've got to do what you've got to do. The Alexander's were truly blessed to have you there last year, you went above and beyond!

Thank you, again, for you insight and being our eyes in the court! I can't think about this trial without wondering "What's Katiecoolady up too?"

XOXOX

I keep reading elsewhere online that there will be no live feed. I think this info is incorrect, the 1/2 hour delay was the last ruling i thought....and that it would be aired. I suspect that HLN will have the pause button via using the 1/2 hour delay and will do so to bring in ratings. Does anyone know the answer, coverage or not?

Sill in the hands of Judge Stephens, according to MSM quoted a few posts back. Either a delay in the feed, or video AFTER the verdict. I think we'll see some motions before the court real quick from MSM for a delayed feed.

Wow. KCL, what an amazing post. Thanks once again for all your hard work last time around. I, for one, am so glad that you've decided not to do it all over again. I'm so happy to hear that Travis' friend feels at peace etc. Whatever Jodi is meant to get she will. As you rightly remind us the best way to honour Travis is to live with love and light. Thanks again KCL. You're such an inspiration! :)

I just heard the news and cannot believe it. Who talked her into representing herself? Somebody must have.

I hope I am not offending anyone when I post that I hope there is no live or delayed same day feed. That is exactly what "HER HEINOUS" wants. The spotlight.

I'm a great aunt...... Alex was born last night at 7:08, and weighs nine pounds one ounce, and is twenty inches. This big boy is my brother and sister in laws first grandchild and he is very welcome. I haven't heard if PappyJack (my brother named after our grandfather PappyJack) held Alex yet... he usually waits until babies are potty trained and don't drool.

Congratulations to your brother and his wife on the birth of their first grandchild.

perfect_love_grandchild.jpg

And congrats to you, too. You will now always be "great" in someones eyes when you become a great-aunt. :loveyou:

il_340x270.573436262_mhd1.jpg

:seeya:

While the discussion continues regarding live feeds or tape delay feeds of the sentencing phase of the trial I am sure of two things 1) JA wants a live feed but will agree to a tape delay feed. She will use this to further promote herself, her "ART" her T shirt sale etc. She needs this free advertising/publicity. Anybody know if Donovan is still out there promoting and tweeting for JA?

2) JA is probably selling interviews just like she did after the guilty verdict and first penalty trial.

Much as I want to see all the trial live or tape delay, if JSS does NOT permit video, it will cut off the head of this snake.

Curious in In, amen to transparency in the courtroom.

I also don't like being spoon fed information through someone else's prism. I can distort things on my own, thank you very much.

This retrial is going to have a huge amount of media coverage. Isn't it better to let people see the actual proceedings instead of relying on reports which may have some bias?

Eaxactly! You and I could watch the same coverage and see it different ways so why could any of us be subjected to seeing things through someone else's filter? I want to see it myself. Besides, I
love watching JM in action! Where has all the transparency gone?

Wow. KCL, what an amazing post. Thanks once again for all your hard work last time around. I, for one, am so glad that you've decided not to do it all over again. I'm so happy to hear that Travis' friend feels at peace etc. Whatever Jodi is meant to get she will. As you rightly remind us the best way to honour Travis is to live with love and light. Thanks again KCL. You're such an inspiration! :)

I ditto everything Rose has said so well. Thanks KCL for the wonderful post.

marking my spot.....

Today is August 6 - the 248 day of the year, and there are 147 days till the end of the year,

1305 - William Wallace, who led Scottish resistance to England, is captured by the English near Glasgow and transported to London for trial and execution.

1914 - The first electric traffic signal lights are installed in Cleveland, Ohio.

1924 - The New York "Daily News" debuted the comic strip "Little Orphan Annie," by Harold Gray.

1962 - Actress Marilyn Monroe dies under mysterious circumstances

[video=youtube;1DG0cVUd0pI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1DG0cVUd0pI [/video]

1966 - The Beatles album "Revolver" was released in the U.K

1986 - It was revealed that artist Andrew Wyeth had secretly created 240 drawings and paintings of his neighbor. The works of Helga Testorf had been created over a 15-year period.

1998 - Marie Noe of Philadelphia, PA was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, accused of smothering eight of her children to death between 1949 and 1968. Noe later received 20 years' probation.

2002 - The gun turret of the Civil War ironclad USS Monitor was raised from the ocean floor.

BBM She only received 20 years probation!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!

I just had to look her up on Google:

"...Mrs. Noe reportedly told police last year that she suffocated four of the infants but she did not remember the other four deaths. She said she was probably responsible for all of them, though. Rudenstein then said his client's confession was taken under "abominable circumstances" and she was led to believe she had no choice but to sign it.

Since her arrest, Mrs. Noe had been released from jail on $500,000 bond and ordered confined to her home with an electronic monitoring bracelet....

At a bail hearing in August, prosecutors described Mrs. Noe as killer who shouldn't be allowed on the streets. Assistant District Attorney Jay Feinschi called her "as much a mass murderer as Ted Bundy."

Noe gave birth to a total of 10 children. One child was stillborn, and another died in the hospital six hours after birth. The other eight left the hospital, apparently in good health, only to die at home.

With no evidence to show otherwise, doctors and investigators reluctantly concluded that the causes were "crib death," now known as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Police, however, never closed the case.

Prior to her plea bargain, Mrs. Noe had faced life in prison. She was ineligible for the death penalty because the law had not been passed at the time of the killings...."

http://murderpedia.org/female.N/n/noe-marie.htm

Unbelievable!!! :gaah:

Sometimes the law stinks, IMO.

Bless your heart Katie,bless your heart,you are indeed special for all you do for others,your brother is so blessed to have you.

While the discussion continues regarding live feeds or tape delay feeds of the sentencing phase of the trial I am sure of two things 1) JA wants a live feed but will agree to a tape delay feed. She will use this to further promote herself, her "ART" her T shirt sale etc. She needs this free advertising/publicity. Anybody know if Donovan is still out there promoting and tweeting for JA?

2) JA is probably selling interviews just like she did after the guilty verdict and first penalty trial.

Much as I want to see all the trial live or tape delay, if JSS does NOT permit video, it will cut off the head of this snake.

I believe Sheriff Joe put the kabbosh on any interviews after the frenzy of reporters hit Estrella one outlet after another in one evening to talk to CMJA. And inmates can't SELL interviews. She can't profit from anything relating to this case. The name of the law evades me right now.:thinking:

The funny thing is CMJA won't be able to view ANY of it. For a narcissist, that's pure torture. Every piece of video out there, with Missy in it, is off limits in Estrella, very tight viewing restriction by Sheriff Joe. When she's moved to Perryville, she MIGHT get a rerun of "48 Hours Mystery", if and when she gets a TV, but she won't have access to anything on Youtube, or anything provided to her on DVD <-can be used as a weapon/suicide instrument.
It's got to be eating her up that she's NOT the one tweeting or selling her "stuff" personally.

She can get transcripts from the trial, but that's going to be a major buzz kill. She's all into "seeing herself". She can only relive the moment in her head.

Maybe one of her implants will get a "flat" before trial starts.......one can wish! :floorlaugh: Joke, Joke!:tomato:

Folks, I don't think Jodi wants a mistrial. A mistrial will mean LWOP -- sentencing will go to the judge and no way is JSS giving her parole. The judge could have taken the DP off the table in the latest go round back in June, or whenever it was, but she didn't.

Jodi wants parole. That's why there has never been a plea bargain, and why there never will be. She wants this trial to go forward so those jurors will give her 25 with a chance at parole.

I don't think that's possible for her in Arizona. I remember that JM said that he wanted death for her,( but right now, she only has 2 possibilities: death or LWOP) but she still might get LWP IF the laws are changed in the future:

"Sentence of death or life imprisonment; aggravating and mitigating circumstances; definition

A. If the state has filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty and the defendant is:

1. Convicted of first degree murder pursuant to section 13-1105, subsection A, paragraph 1 or 3 and was at least eighteen years of age at the time of the commission of the offense, the defendant shall be sentenced to death or imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections for natural life as determined and in accordance with the procedures provided in section 13-752. A defendant who is sentenced to natural life is not eligible for commutation, parole, work furlough, work release or release from confinement on any basis....

http://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/00751.htm

Only if it's televised though. Otherwise we will get dribble after court and no pics of JM. Sure wish JSS would change her mind. This isn't about whether Jodi plays to the cameras...of course she would! I just believe in open court, cameras and all. And judges like JSS should take charge of their courtrooms.

BBM I think JSS is just being very careful on how she is dealing with this very difficult case, with a very difficult defendant- she's crossing her T's and making sure she dot's all I's, so there won't be an appeal of any sort later on after the sentencing phase. Hard job, IMO and I wouldn't want it.

How many think JSS will stick to the no delay? I hope she does, But,history with this judge says nope..

How many think JSS will stick to the no delay? I hope she does, But,history with this judge says nope..

Good Point!!!

It is so nice seeing everyone and more and more will be joining the party.

Gotta get back to work!!! Have a nice afternoon.

Folks, I don't think Jodi wants a mistrial. A mistrial will mean LWOP -- sentencing will go to the judge and no way is JSS giving her parole. The judge could have taken the DP off the table in the latest go round back in June, or whenever it was, but she didn't.

Jodi wants parole. That's why there has never been a plea bargain, and why there never will be. She wants this trial to go forward so those jurors will give her 25 with a chance at parole.

All JMO
I agree with some parts but disagree with some other parts.

I do agree that Jodi wants to somehow get parole or even better. I think Jodi wants to somehow get the whole original verdict overturned at some point. I think Jodi is going to try to twist this sentencing re-trial into discussions or statements about her innocence.

How she approaches this will be interesting and I predict there will be LOTS of objections from Juan because Jodi will incorrectly state things that should be no part of the sentencing phase. I think she will attempt to sneak in statements about her innocence.

Another thing she may do if things start going real bad for her is that she may totally go bizerk on purpose. I wonder if she has a backup plan to cause chaos in the courtroom. She may incorrectly think that if she causes a mistrial that somehow that will help her get the original verdict overturned as well. Even if later on appeals.

As far as letting the judge decide her fate, if it goes to the judge, I don't think anyone can predict the judge's decision and I would not be surprised if this judge does grant her a chance of parole after 25 years. When I watched the original trial, there were many times I felt the judge was being way too nice, so it would not surprise me one bit if the judge did grant her a more favorable verdict. I of course hope that does not happen. I hope the jury actually decides this and it is not left in the judges hands.

One thing we can all probably agree on. Jodi will attempt to turn it into a circus with her being the ringleader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb