SIDEBAR #27- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'expert' witness does not anticipate authoring a report on behalf of the convict.

The prosecutor requested the addresses of the especially cruel lying torture murderess's witnesses, but the convict refused to provide them, saying that they preferred to work through Nurmi/Willmott.

JSKS so ordered.

There will be 3 100-juror panels reporting for voir dire on September 29 with 16 days allotted for same.

State requested to interview the convict's witnesses on September 5, 6, and 7.

Instead, JSKS ordered that the State must interview the convict's 'expert' witness on September 2.

Convict demanded that her 'investigator' be granted access to the crime scene.

JSKS ordered that the State must accommodate this by scheduling such access on or before August 28.

Arias is calling the tune, and JSKS is fiddling.

Not for the court, maybe, but she will report her findings post interview to JA. JA in her motion said she needed time to go over the witness findings (or whatever phrase she used) prior to trial, and that she needed three weeks to do all she needed done.

Time until Monday, September 29, 2014 (Phoenix time):

38 DAYS 13 HOURS 56 MINUTES 16 SECONDS

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...y=29&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&msg=Arias Trial&csz=1

angry-smiley.gif

A little OT but not totally:

The Manson clan convicted of multiple murders and sentenced to Death in California all had their sentences commuted to Life after CA declared the DP unconstitutional (the first time, back in the '70s). One would assume that meant Life with no chance of parole but that is not the case; all have been up for parole more than once. All have been denied, yes, but there is no guarantee of denial of parole for other convicts with commuted DP sentences. I do believe JA has a better chance of getting out some day with a commuted DP sentence than if she is sentenced to LWOP right away. With passage of enough time the heinous nature of her crime will be less vivid in people's minds, even with photos. JMO.

A little OT but not totally:

The Manson clan convicted of multiple murders and sentenced to Death in California all had their sentences commuted to Life after CA declared the DP unconstitutional (the first time, back in the '70s). One would assume that meant Life with no chance of parole but that is not the case; all have been up for parole more than once. All have been denied, yes, but there is no guarantee of denial of parole for other convicts with commuted DP sentences. I do believe JA has a better chance of getting out some day with a commuted DP sentence than if she is sentenced to LWOP right away. With passage of enough time the heinous nature of her crime will be less vivid in people's minds, even with photos. JMO.

Arias will kill again.

Even if she is sentenced to death, it is my firm conviction that she will find a way to kill an inmate, guard, counsel or another visitor at some point during her incarceration.

It's just who she is -- evil to the core.

If the jury recommends death, can this judge refuse? And sentence her to life with parole, of course. I think this judge would release the convicted murderess if she could....maybe, she will!
BBM - Not if she expects to keep her career as a judge!

According to online articles, the PI is supposed to "get statements from people she believes will corroborate her thus far bogus story that Alexander physically abused her and she was suffering from battered women’s syndrome when she slaughtered him."

According to online articles, the PI is supposed to "get statements from people she believes will corroborate her thus far bogus story that Alexander physically abused her and she was suffering from battered women’s syndrome when she slaughtered him."

But...unless they testify to that, it is hearsay, right? I do not think JA or her PI speaking to the jury about people who said this or that will fly. It's hearsay unless the person who said it testifies that they in fact said it. At least in other states it is. LOL, not too sure about AZ.

I think it is way too easy these days for any woman to accuse a man of abuse and get sympathy. I am in no way saying domestic abuse is trivial and not 100% true in a majority of claims. But the fact that it is all too prevalent in our society is one reason why people are ready to believe any accusation. It's similar to some years ago when child sexual abuse by parents or caregivers became a hot issue--it happened and was disgusting and most people thought so--but that led some kids to point fingers at parents, caregivers, teachers, who had in reality done no wrong.

I think at least one juror will believe JA abuse claims. Now, that does not necessarily mean they will let it interfere with their ability to impose a proper sentence.

Does anyone know the name of this PI? I'd be very curious as I know a couple here in Phoenix.

The 'expert' witness does not anticipate authoring a report on behalf of the convict.

The prosecutor requested the addresses of the especially cruel lying torture murderess's witnesses, but the convict refused to provide them, saying that they preferred to work through Nurmi/Willmott.

JSKS so ordered.

There will be 3 100-juror panels reporting for voir dire on September 29 with 16 days allotted for same.

State requested to interview the convict's witnesses on September 5, 6, and 7.

Instead, JSKS ordered that the State must interview the convict's 'expert' witness on September 2.

Convict demanded that her 'investigator' be granted access to the crime scene.

JSKS ordered that the State must accommodate this by scheduling such access on or before August 28.

Arias is calling the tune, and JSKS is fiddling.

Huh, huh, and huh??!! Access to the crime scene?

But...unless they testify to that, it is hearsay, right? I do not think JA or her PI speaking to the jury about people who said this or that will fly. It's hearsay unless the person who said it testifies that they in fact said it. At least in other states it is. LOL, not too sure about AZ.

I don't think these people exist. If they had, wouldn't they have been called as witnessess at trial? Maybe the PI is scouring the planet for people who can attest to the fact that Jodi is a swell gal.

I'd like to know who the PI is also. Not that I know any from there. But as with any profession, some are very good and some not so good. And some that are really sleazy.

I don't think these people exist. If they had, wouldn't they have been called as witnessess at trial? Maybe the PI is scouring the planet for people who can attest to the fact that Jodi is a swell gal.

If this phase of the trial is governed by the same laws as the guilt phase, it will be difficult to impossible for them to find any witnesses to TA abuse. IMO it never happened for anyone to witness. JM said he would prosecute anyone who lied under oath about this during the guilt phase and I believe he will do that during this phase as well.

As he should! Trials are supposed to get to the truth and you can't do that very well when you turn a blind eye to perjury.

Arias will kill again.

Even if she is sentenced to death, it is my firm conviction that she will find a way to kill an inmate, guard, counsel or another visitor at some point during her incarceration.

It's just who she is -- evil to the core.

I agree. :eek::panic::hills:

Did JSS really rule that the PI must have access to the crime scene?

For what purpose? If he is proving abuse what could possibly be at that scene now that was not found then? And if he is trying to disprove the cruelty aspect, how is that pertinent to this penalty phase? That would be an appeal issue at this point, would it not? If an appeal issue, how is it being ruled on in the current venue?

Someone clue me in because it is looking like this judge is giving in to things that could be denied without any issues down the road. Unless there is more to all this than we know. (Can't imagine what, though.)

It would be helpful & maybe interesting to know where Nurmi and Willmott and those others under contract with the Office of Public Defense Services diverge. It's a puzzle because the 1st & 2d chair were together in seeking a mistrial when Patti Womack bowed out as witness for Arias. From the convict's own mouth we know there is a conflict that she won't accept. Willmott may not see this the same way.

These experts that a defendant or convict calls are always brought in to humanize the criminal through some sympathetic narrative and to put her conduct into context. Maybe this woman behind the green baize door will evaluate Arias and conclude she has a difficult personal history that led to her criminal acts. She could say that there is an emotional and mental condition that requires consideration in determining what to do with her. Any of that strays perilously close to the testimony of Alyce LaViolette, which failed to impress the first jury. An analysis of why the convicted killer did her criminal acts fails to meet the case when you are dealing with a crime of intent as we are here. She stealthily planned every little move in Travis's murder, was armed with a weapon she stole & another she took from his residence and waited for the moment when he was particularly vulnerable. In advance, she curried his trust with intimacy. No one, even she remembering, disputes her premeditation consummated in the most extreme cruelty and viciousness. All the whys and wherefores are sure to be seen as self-serving, because they are. Maybe she does and did have the capacity to abide by the law but she chose not to and it could not have been more deliberate. No victimization in her past or present, whatever the nature and degree, impelled her to commit this monstrous violence on another human life and travel a thousand miles to do it.

Did JSS really rule that the PI must have access to the crime scene?

For what purpose? If he is proving abuse what could possibly be at that scene now that was not found then? And if he is trying to disprove the cruelty aspect, how is that pertinent to this penalty phase? That would be an appeal issue at this point, would it not? If an appeal issue, how is it being ruled on in the current venue?

Someone clue me in because it is looking like this judge is giving in to things that could be denied without any issues down the road. Unless there is more to all this than we know. (Can't imagine what, though.)

I don't trust this convicted murderer, she is writing some kind of new scenario, new and improved. She is up to something evil, I wouldn't be surprised if this PI finds some kind of pic (a planted pic of course) Yep she has pushed her evil into high gear.

Just thinking out loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member