SIDEBAR #28- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CAN she hire new lawyers? Like, can she dip into her fund and hire defense lawyers?
YorN, the first article says it is unknown who will represent her. Heck, this has to be aired live. I gotta see Juan in action.

#jodiarias has fired herself as attorney citing too much arguing with herself. "There's just no reasoning with her"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

One of JA supporters messaged MariaDeLaRosa and posted screenshot :

eta: That headline about hiring a new attorney is very misleading. The article is basically just quoting the JA twitter and says it's unknown who will represent her. But I think we do know...

Nurmi to the rescue!! :confetti: :applause:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m
I'll be on the phone with HLN at 4pm EST to talk #jodiarias

I really wanted to see Arias in action, as her own lawyer. What a show that would have been.:drama:

Wait a minute. Witness interviews were supposed to take place this week. It's only Wednesday! What happened? :thinking: :floorlaugh:

I want to know all the details as to how come things are changing now.

I am guessing that all her big plans for how she was going to show everyone she was a poor abused person went out the window with her approach. Either her witnesses failed to show up or would not agree to lie for her. Once she realized her whole approach that she had planned was a big failure then she had nothing left to offer.

I am actually a little disappointed as I wanted to see her fall on her face in front of the courtroom. It could have been the most laughable attempt at being a laywer in all of history.

Oh well, lets just get the ball rolling Nurmi + Wilcott. :)

They were to have been completed by the 8th. If there actually were witnesses, they've been interviewed.

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923 8m
Jodi Arias hires new attorney in death defense - http://bit.ly/1qG9waa pic.twitter.com/o1rgKELnCK

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 15m
Jodi Arias asks to have her lawyers back.

which is it???????????

How can she hire a new lawyer when she gets state paid lawyers? If she has private monies, that rings a lot of bells, which I doubt she has. Federal govt should freeze money and investigate all money making deals attached to her name.

I really don't think the judge would let her have new attorneys as this would set back the penalty phase years the way the inmate works.

So it is back to the two defense lawyers. Sigh....we have to work hard to keep it all straight!

Wait a minute. Witness interviews were supposed to take place this week. It's only Wednesday! What happened? :thinking: :floorlaugh:

New supposed witnesses backed out as they really understood if they lied they would be breaking the law, no matter what the inmate said.

New supposed witnesses backed out as they really understood if they lied they would be breaking the law, no matter what the inmate said.

That is what I think as well. Either her main witnesses failed to show up at all OR finally realized they had better not lie for her.

If she is having trouble finding someone to testify on her behalf, then I will be glad to step in as an alternate.
She may not like what I will say though. :judge:

If people have not already done so, buckle up. :rollercoaster:

Jodi Arias won't represent herself at sentencing retrial

"..In two short sentences Wednesday, Jodi Arias gave up her intent to defend herself against the death penalty in her upcoming retrial.

"I hereby relinquish my pro per status and reassert my 6th amendment right to counsel," she wrote. "I am also requesting to make a brief record ex parte.".."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ias-attorneys-retrial-nurmi-arizona/15400679/

Poor Nurmi. After his impressive post-Jodi weight loss. Will he go back to comfort eating?

HLN talking with Jen @ Trial Diaries right now

I thought so too, at first. But then I found this minute entry:

"IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that all other interviews are to be scheduled and completed
during the week of September 8, 2014."

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6467813.pdf

It's a beautiful thing, hearing that JSS is putting CMJA on a very very tight leash. No more delays.

Witnessing her talk her way into the DP would have been quite the show, but I am relieved for the Alexanders that she won't get the chance to openly mock them and the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member