DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ByesQayCcAADjtR.jpg

:shame::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Cathy · @courtchatter
26th Sep 2014 from TwitLonger
#JodiArias Nurmi argued preclude media from jury selection all together. They had been limited to the overflow area...judge granted, so we'll have no info coming from jury selection.

Cathy retweeted
Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom · 2h
None of media would be stupid enough to record proceedings and violate court order, #JodiArias is NOT more important than our careers

https://twitter.com/courtchatter

I guess it will be OK to post the Tweets here from today's hearing since they have been already posted on the Retrial thread (if not, just delete/mod snip). :dunno:

--------------------------------------------------------

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 · 3h
#JodiArias hearing underway. Def atty hits Judge w/2 motions: change of venue & sequestering jury member over cartoon in paper #abc15

Pros #JuanMartinez agrees cartoon was "offensive" but argues against #JodiArias change of venue & sequestering jurors

unnamed-300x225.jpg

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 · 2h
Judge Stephens denies #JodiArias motions to reconsider change of venue & sequestering jury. Co. hasn't sequestered jurors in 80+yrs #abc15

#JodiArias Motion to preclude witnesses will be heard 10/14 #abc15

#JodiArias Def Atty. files motion to dismiss #deathpenalty and hands it to Pros #JuanMartinez in court. Arguments 2b heard 10/14 & 15

Nurmi asks judge to clarify media access and argues to remove media from #JodiArias Jury selection altogether. #abc15

Nurmi claims media was not "diligent" in #JodiArias murder trial: not true -- #abc15 never approaches a juror member until dismissal

#JodiArias Atty requests Judge 2 force public & media to turn off cell phones in overflow rm. Obviously this would prevent tweeting #abc15

Recent SC ruling prevents judge frm forcing media/public frm turning OFF phones in court. #JodiArias Overflow room a gray area #abc15

#JodiArias Judge says their will b security to prevent recordings of procedures with cell phones. #abc15

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 · 1h
#JodiArias hrng ends (was surprisingly open court) -- Jury selection starts 8:30a Monday 9/29 #abc15

#JodiArias overflow rm seats 49 - no guaranteed seats 4media - will either work on 1st come/1st served or lottery depending on crowd #abc15

#JodiArias court overflow rm opens when actual #deathpenalty retrial begins with opening arguments. NOT OPEN during jury selection #abc15

Media will have 1 designated/guaranteed seat in courtroom 4 #JodiArias #deathpenalty (24 total) when opening arguments begin.

-------------------------------------------
New cartoon from the same artist:

ByeVVswIQAAq-FN.png

--------------------------------

In this Battle of Cutthroats, Who has lost their head? The Media or ISIS?

"September 23, 2014, Steve Benson from The Arizona Republic published a ‘cartoon’ titled Middle East Has ISIS, Arizona Has Arias with the caption Media Manipulators...."

http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2...ts-who-has-lost-their-head-the-media-or-isis/

----------------------------------

Wow- lots happened today :scared: :eek:

-----------------------------
Gotta go pick up the car.

Cathy · @courtchatter
26th Sep 2014 from TwitLonger
#JodiArias Nurmi argued preclude media from jury selection all together. They had been limited to the overflow area...judge granted, so we'll have no info coming from jury selection.

Cathy retweeted
Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom · 2h
None of media would be stupid enough to record proceedings and violate court order, #JodiArias is NOT more important than our careers

https://twitter.com/courtchatter

Here we go again with JSS. Killer has more rights than we do. Media should be outraged. They should file suit.

I guess it will be OK to post the Tweets here from today's hearing since they have been already posted on the Retrial thread (if not, just delete/mod snip). :dunno:

#JodiArias hearing underway. Def atty hits Judge w/2 motions: change of venue & sequestering jury member over cartoon in paper #abc15

Pros #JuanMartinez agrees cartoon was "offensive" but argues against #JodiArias change of venue & sequestering jurors

unnamed-300x225.jpg

Judge Stephens denies #JodiArias motions to reconsider change of venue & sequestering jury. Co. hasn't sequestered jurors in 80+yrs #abc15

#JodiArias Def Atty. files motion to dismiss #deathpenalty and hands it to Pros #JuanMartinez in court. Arguments 2b heard 10/14 & 15

Nurmi asks judge to clarify media access and argues to remove media from #JodiArias Jury selection altogether. #abc15

Nurmi claims media was not "diligent" in #JodiArias murder trial: not true -- #abc15 never approaches a juror member until dismissal

#JodiArias Atty requests Judge 2 force public & media to turn off cell phones in overflow rm. Obviously this would prevent tweeting #abc15

Recent SC ruling prevents judge frm forcing media/public frm turning OFF phones in court. #JodiArias Overflow room a gray area #abc15

#JodiArias Judge says their will b security to prevent recordings of procedures with cell phones. #abc15

#JodiArias hrng ends (was surprisingly open court) -- Jury selection starts 8:30a Monday 9/29 #abc15

#JodiArias overflow rm seats 49 - no guaranteed seats 4media - will either work on 1st come/1st served or lottery depending on crowd #abc15

#JodiArias court overflow rm opens when actual #deathpenalty retrial begins with opening arguments. NOT OPEN during jury selection #abc15

Media will have 1 designated/guaranteed seat in courtroom 4 #JodiArias #deathpenalty (24 total) when opening arguments begin.

ByeVVswIQAAq-FN.png

"September 23, 2014, Steve Benson from The Arizona Republic published a ‘cartoon’ titled Middle East Has ISIS, Arizona Has Arias with the caption Media Manipulators...."

http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2...ts-who-has-lost-their-head-the-media-or-isis/

If media gets only one seat in courtroom, As stated above, i am guessing that will be Michael Keifer, since he has an "in" with the defense team.

If media gets only one seat in courtroom, As stated above, i am guessing that will be Michael Keifer, since he has an "in" with the defense team.

I think every station gets to send someone, for a total of 24 media people.

Getting closer folks!!!

Hi Kensie :seeya:

-------------------------------
The clock
clock-smiley.gif
is ticking down for missy :jail:
boum-schwati-oush-smiley.gif

cell-smiley.gif

Time until Monday, September 29, 2014 (Phoenix time)

2 DAYS 9 HOURS 54 MINUTES 51 SECONDS

eda1823558d0631f2dafaba9bc767bc1.jpg

10458314_10204118683507637_2309460563635826473_n.jpg

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Judge ruled today with defense that NO media will be allowed during jury selection.

I heard! Well, I read. And it makes no sense to me. I guess a reason could be not to get the potential jurors all flustered by all the media presence? On the other hand, the media will still be in the courthouse and outside the door so that argument couldn't carry much weight.. Nevermind, I can't think of anything to support her ruling, especially not since the media is still allowed to be there when the trial truly begins.

TCHP-000-ElderJensen.jpg

"Exclusive Interview with Elder Jensen one of the two Elders that taught Jodi Arias."

http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/?powerpress_pinw=3831-podcast

http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/2013/03/special-episode-elder-jensenjodi-arias/

:hand:

TCHP-000-ElderJensen.jpg

"Exclusive Interview with Elder Jensen one of the two Elders that taught Jodi Arias."

TCHP-000-ElderJensen.jpg

http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/2013/03/special-episode-elder-jensenjodi-arias/

:hand:

Thanks for posting this, YorN. The missionaries arrived at JA's and DB's house in Palm Desert *after* JA and Travis met. Travis recommended that they go there. Brewer made it sound as if these missionaries appeared before JA had ever met Travis and that JA was "saving herself for marriage" in response to those visits. It sounds in fact as if JA was smitten with Travis before the missionaries even showed up--copy of Book of Mormon at Starbucks...?

I have often thought that it was difficult for Brewer to admit that JA in effect left him for Travis, but it is becoming clear that that was the case.

To me, her sex life is irrelevant except to the extent that her obsession led to Travis's murder. The defense added the salacious sexual details in order to support her battered woman's syndrome defense, but honestly, those sexual details don't matter since the prosecution showed very well that she was not forced into sexual activity; she in fact directed it at times, if the phone sex is any indication.

Her clear obsession with Travis, however, does matter, and from the sound of this, she may well have perceived the visits of the missionaries to be an extension of Travis. Either Brewer was completely ignorant or he lied on the witness stand.

None of this really matters now; she has been convicted...but it points again to the terrible obsession she had with Travis and a possible point against mitigating factors.

Thanks for posting this, YorN. The missionaries arrived at JA's and DB's house in Palm Desert *after* JA and Travis met. Travis recommended that they go there. Brewer made it sound as if these missionaries appeared before JA had ever met Travis and that JA was "saving herself for marriage" in response to those visits. It sounds in fact as if JA was smitten with Travis before the missionaries even showed up--copy of Book of Mormon at Starbucks...?

I have often thought that it was difficult for Brewer to admit that JA in effect left him for Travis, but it is becoming clear that that was the case.

To me, her sex life is irrelevant except to the extent that her obsession led to Travis's murder. The defense added the salacious sexual details in order to support her battered woman's syndrome defense, but honestly, those sexual details don't matter since the prosecution showed very well that she was not forced into sexual activity; she in fact directed it at times, if the phone sex is any indication.

Her clear obsession with Travis, however, does matter, and from the sound of this, she may well have perceived the visits of the missionaries to be an extension of Travis. Either Brewer was completely ignorant or he lied on the witness stand.

None of this really matters now; she has been convicted...but it points again to the terrible obsession she had with Travis and a possible point against mitigating factors.
BBM.
Yes, I think Brewer was deluded, but Jodi was probably also lying to him, since she was living with him and supposedly buying a house with him in order to distance herself from Daryl and stop sleeping with him while she starting concentrating on how to hook Travis. So Jodi probably came up with the "saving herself for marriage" as an excuse to get away from Daryl since she was too passive-aggressive to just leave him and didn't have a place to go.

TCHP-000-ElderJensen.jpg

[video=youtube;okbAekjQVdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okbAekjQVdA[/video]

I don't understand why he agreed to an interview. We only saw his hands at the trial because he didn't want his son/friends/family to see him at the trial- according to him?

I think he's a liar- there's something really screwy about him, IMO. (And he's a little bit creepy, too.
zombi-smiley.gif

I guess "birds of a feather, flock together"
dis-like-smiley.gif
)

Watching HLN with JVM.

I, for one, am glad they are going thru all the muck of the trial- I have forgotten some things.

And----

I see Beth Karas :happydance:(I really miss her)

(I really think JVM needs a hearing aid :facepalm: )

I just love :heartbeat: watching JM again. :loveyou:

(not so much Nurmi/Wilmott tho' :facepalm:)

But it's really sad seeing Travis' family crying again. :tears:

Makes me so :stormingmad: all over again. :mad:

"So, it seems that it is only fitting, that this individual that has craved the limelight, it is really only fitting that she now bask in a different kind of light: the light of truth. And in the light of truth, you can see who she really is.”--Juan Martinez

Soon.

Amen.

unnamed-300x225.jpg

ByeVVswIQAAq-FN.png

Wow. This article on all things crime blog is awful. He is really a Jodi lover. Disgusting. Guess he was blinded by her, uh, pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe