SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there was a big kerfluffle over there the other night, went over there and checked it out. Is the thread gone?

The thread is gone, hopefully only temporarily as I have read elsewhere that other threads have been put back after a good cleaning by mods. I didn't witness what occurred Wed. night but from what I saw in the morning it looked like the thread may have moved way OT. I just hope it is restored at some point as a lot of man-hours were put in there... also things that I think may have helped the prosecution...

Videos? You mean the audio polling of them? (Just hoping no video footage has leaked). We call her Church Lady...seems like a quiet lady. But she like all of them was extensively voir dired on the DP for this case. I think they have all shown strong unison and that will continue right through. I've never waivered in my confidence on this jury though. None of them. They are a unit now.

Hey KCL, thanks for all you do. You bring great inside info that we would never have access to otherwise. Also, your family is in my prayers, as they have suffered their own horrible loss.

Quick question to you. Have you seen the latest 'throat slash' motion that CMJA made after Samantha's VIS? It is pretty apparent. Other posters have noticed her doing these gestures throughout the trial. When I saw this I absolutely was astonished at the depravity of it, it is just so sick. Does Juan know about this?

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5UKfPV-U2s&list=FLK6kT8PlZO5VhlIr5eiJ4wg
at 31:48
Thanks.

someone please explain this to me....why is it that JA gets to have friends testify on her behalf, but friends could not testify on TA's behalf??
The way I understand it, hope this is right, is that the defendant's witnesses must testify about HER character (so lots of people tangential to her life fit here) and Travis's family is testifying on THEIR loss. That has to be those closest to him and MOST effected by his passing.

Hi AZWatcher, good to see you too. I suppose when we hear what DB has to say on behalf of Jodi we will have a much clearer picture of what the deal is with him/them. I will be interested to see if there is some guilt on HIS part... some admission of sorts. I have my suspicions. I guess we wait and see. I hope Janine Driver is watching that day- him especially- like a hawk. I want to know exactly when and where he is being truthful and untruthful in his testimony. I sure wish Tuba could draw up a chart on him.

The irony of it if true.That was a very strange interview.:yesss:
I am not an attorney and this is a guess..yesterday was the beginning of the mitigation phase, then comes the penalty phase....just a guess, but it might be Troy Hayden testifying about things ja said to him during the interview....IIRC we have only seen 38 minutes and the interview was 45 minutes. As I said this is just a guess.

So, like, what happned over on the sequence of events thread? :eek:hoh: :D

:detective:

I had posted quite a bit on that thread up until a couple days before they were deleted (mainly sharing my study of the photos), I don't know what caused the deletions (*and have no quibble with the decision) but I miss being able to discuss the subject of the SoE.

I don't feel like I'm finished with the pics yet. :(

*ETA

Well a hoagie ain't nothing but a hero
and a hero ain't nothing but a sandwich
and a sandwich ain't nothing I can't easily make at home.

Okay. But isn't that like saying you can make a pizza at home? I mean, you can, but it's not the same.

Not my point at all.

In JM's argument/statement directly to the jury, he referred specifically to the burglary of JA's grandpa's .25 caliber handgun, and pointed to JA as he called her the burglar.

There was no objection whatsoever -- none.

TD, I do remember that and no objection...I thought whoot, JM got that one in!

You are incorrect. NY thin slice is vastly superior to anything that could be produced in the Midwest.

FACT! Not :moo:.

{I kid. sorta. i mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but...}

Just to clear up some misinformation that is being promulgated here, Imo's in St. Louis is actually the Best Pizza in the Universe. Thin crust, provel cheese... heavenly. :rockon:

The thread is gone, hopefully only temporarily as I have read elsewhere that other threads have been put back after a good cleaning by mods. I didn't witness what occurred Wed. night but from what I saw in the morning it looked like the thread may have moved way OT. I just hope it is restored at some point as a lot of man-hours were put in there... also things that I think may have helped the prosecution...

And all this because one or two people get off on causing trouble. Sigh.

BTW, I have an uncle who lives in Lompoc. Used to work for Burpee's.

Which is why the Killer is so dangerous and not a candidate for rehabilitation. It's her personality, not a bad decision, not a disease like schizophrenia, not a reaction to abuse.

Sad as it sounds its JA being JA. If not Travis I feel like it would have been someone else.

Yes, i agree. She is a disaster waiting to happen. All the lies she told, the acting performances she put on and the extent she went thru to do so looks like she was actually playing a sadistic game. Normal people don't play games with other peoples lives. I don't think she can ever be trusted.

Just to clear up some misinformation that is being promulgated here, Imo's in St. Louis is actually the Best Pizza in the Universe. Thin crust, provel cheese... heavenly. :rockon:

There's an awful lot of Philistines on this thread. Just sayin'.

I had posted quite a bit on that thread up until a couple days before they were deleted (mainly sharing my study of the photos), I don't know what caused the deletions (*and have no quibble with the decision) but I miss being able to discuss the subject of the SoE.

I don't feel like I'm finished with the pics yet. :(

*ETA

Now I'm curious. Sounds like feud worse than the Hatfield's and the McCoy's.

All this talk of food is making me hungry. I'm actually going to leave my house and get something to eat. Talk to you all later.

With Patti not appearing, there'll be no one but JA to speak of her supposed childhood abuse. Goodbye mitigation factor 5(a).

1. She was 27 years old at the time of the offense.
2. She has no prior criminal history.
3. She was a good friend.
4. She lacked support from her family.
5. She suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult.
6. She tried to make the best of her life.
7. She consistently tried to improve herself.
8. She is a talented artist.

I think this time JA will claim her mother used her as an unloved drudge tasked with minding her much-loved younger siblings.

Has anyone looked closely at the photos of her cell? In one, on the right-hand side of the door, is a stack of magazines. Gotta love the name of the one on top....."The Optimist."

:floorlaugh:

I can only speak for myself but I will not type out her name. She has no right to being acknowledged that way. I use her initials only. However, I intentionally type out Travis Victor Alexander in my own little show of support, love and to acknowledge that he mattered in the past and he matters today. JA doesn't deserve to have a name. JMO

I agree and even when I speak to people about her....I just can't bring myself to utter her name, I haven't and I won't. It's all I can do to use her initials.

Hi AZWatcher, good to see you too. I suppose when we hear what DB has to say on behalf of Jodi we will have a much clearer picture of what the deal is with him/them. I will be interested to see if there is some guilt on HIS part... some admission of sorts. I have my suspicions. I guess we wait and see. I hope Janine Driver is watching that day- him especially- like a hawk. I want to know exactly when and where he is being truthful and untruthful in his testimony. I sure wish Tuba could draw up a chart on him.

His face wasn't shown on camera when he testified last time! We only saw his wringing hands. Which makes it even MORE surprising that he agreed to voluntarily take the stand again.

For anyone wondering, this is how you "deep-link" a Youtube video. I will use yesterdays trial video as the example.

Link to a specific part of a YouTube video

If you want to link to a specific part of a video on YouTube, you can.

For example,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTyP9QqaxL8#t=17m01s

Notice the “#t=17m01s” on the end of the url? That link will take you 17 minutes and 1 seconds into that video. Linking to a particular minute and second can be really helpful — for example, that link takes you straight to where Travis' sister get up to give her victim impact statement... so the important part is to add #t=xxMxxS :)

What was the RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION of
---Jodi's Family Of Origin (Thx for FOO phrase, ALV);
---Jodi, when moved out of FOO's household?
---JOdi, when living w. D.Brewer?

IIRC,
--in trial Jodi referenced non-denominational Christian religion, when she told story about her serving table of older man w. Bible, then using that as reason to re-connect w. Bobby J, vampire hunter.(Not clear whether she was non-denom as well)
-- someone on this or other forum, said FOO was Catholic.

Any link, or anyone recall clearly what religion, if any, was claimed at trial
(pre-LDS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members