SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. Heros hoagies pizza. Girl food. Me I like an unapologetically huge, 1/2 the cow steak with baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream, washed down wih a few dark beers, and the best place in the entire US for that meal is Leadville Colorado. I'll be driving 350 miles out of my way this summer just to get back to another plate of steak there. :)

Hehe, I'm right there with you. A good fatty steak, either ribeye or chuck, cook that baby over the coals, winter or summer, add butter. Put that tater on the grill, but, first wrap in foil with a slather of butter, add some seasoned salt - a.k.a. old bay, cook it 'til tender. Throw on some corn with silks removed, washed, then slathered in butter and seasoned salt, some green/red or whatever color peppers, any other veg (carrots are very sweet when grilled whole), all coated in olive oil. When potatoes are ready, take off the foil and burn the skin. Now is time to throw on some slices of fresh pineapple for dessert. No brown sugar needed. I swear I think I can eat a side of beef this way, probably not, but....

I hope the Alexander family has a big cook out. They can do it once again, bring them all together and finally be the family Travis taught them so well to be. I don't care how they do it, just do it again, once this is over, and cry together, laugh together, make new memories of a real and loving family. They clearly have achieved it, even in pain.

Something I have been meaning to ask about the forum (and since it is rather slow today) how do you track when people quote your post? So you can gop back and see if there are questions or something w/o having to read every single post? Like right now I'm going to watch every page and search for LimoDriver to see if this post gets answered. I know you can set it up in UserCP to get notified with any new post to the thread, but that is just going to blow up my inbox. TIA

type your name in the 'Search' box - check 'show posts'

Jodi was crying to appear human.
She is evil. The crying was for the jury: "Look at me shedding tears for the poor siblings of the man whos life I HAD to take away"

This is the woman that stood there at his memorial and heard everyone of his friends speak and cry for Travis, knowing SHE was the one who had brutally murdered him.

:fence:
(BBM)

Other thoughts that could have been running thru CMja's warped & wicked mind during the Victim Impact Statements are:

"Nobody's gonna miss me like that and cry over me when I'm gone. Wish I knew what it was like to be held in such high regard."

"If only Travis had married me, none of this would have happened, and I would have been part of this wonderful family, and we would have lived happily ever after."

"Oh, crap. I couldn't lie my way out of this one, and now I'm finally being held accountable for my actions."

I'm really hoping to see some tears of honest-to-goodness remorse from her on Monday, but she's given me no reason to believe she's capable of that... :notgood:

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

They presented circumstantial evidence during testimony. Jodi had accesss. Burglary was within days of Travis's angry IM and the murder. Only one item taken from each room. Cash lying about in the open wasn't taken.

What would be the reason to object?

Improper argument, among others.

The presumption of innocence belongs to the defendant, especially an UNCHARGED defendant.

Access is not a crime. Awareness of angry messages is not a crime. Murder is not burglary. None of the stolen items cited were found in the defendant's possession nor linked to her. Refusing to steal cash is not a crime, and no proof was offered that the defendant intentionally determined to leave it.

Calling her a burglar and stating without qualification that she had committed a burglary was unproven and without foundation.

Not only was the defendant not conclusively linked to the burglary, she wasn't even charged with the crime.

So Defense counsel effectively stipulates by default that their client stole the alleged murder weapon?

No way.

I maintain that a deal was cut.

Something I have been meaning to ask about the forum (and since it is rather slow today) how do you track when people quote your post? So you can gop back and see if there are questions or something w/o having to read every single post? Like right now I'm going to watch every page and search for LimoDriver to see if this post gets answered. I know you can set it up in UserCP to get notified with any new post to the thread, but that is just going to blow up my inbox. TIA

At the top of the page, there is a "Search This Thread" button. Click on it, enter your screen name, click go, and the quotes of your post will appear.

I dont know how they can legally show jodi's artwork...because she needs to get a license to sell or show the artwork, since it isn't her concept....but the concepts of other artists, so selling them is basically illegal...so.

It is not illegal. It just sucks.

Selling it as a real piece of artwork by the Original Artist is illegal. If others want to buy the Kmart rendition hand traced and velvet paint by number then that is their own choice.

:fence:
(BBM)

Other thoughts that could have been running thru CMja's warped & wicked mind during the Victim Impact Statements are:

"Nobody's gonna miss me like that and cry over me when I'm gone. Wish I knew what it was like to be held in such high regard."

"If only Travis had married me, none of this would have happened, and I would have been part of this wonderful family, and we would have lived happily ever after."

"Oh, crap. I couldn't lie my way out of this one, and now I'm finally being held accountable for my actions."

I'm really hoping to see some tears of honest-to-goodness remorse from her on Monday, but she's given me no reason to believe she's capable of that... :notgood:

How about...
Dang Travis. Why'd you have to make me murder you? Look what you did to your family.

As I've said before, it's not that I didn't like the fact the DT were defending CMJA, it was the way they were doing it I didn't like. However how peeved would you be when you had spent a few years fighting to save someone's life (it's not like her innocence ever stood a chance!) for her to arrange a media interview just minutes after the M1 sentence had been handed down. What a massive slap in the face.

I think you are spot on with this - especially the slap in the face part. I've been critical of both Nurmi and Wilmott, however I have grown to appreciate Nurmi to a degree. It seems obvious to me, the DT has gone above and beyond in their efforts to defend a murderous client who absolutely demanded things be her way or no way. I also have problems with how the DT attempted to do this, it was pretty much a scorched earth approach and I really am hoping that the change in both Nurmi's and Wilmott's tones after that interview will prevent the little murderer from further dragging of Travis through the mud. Let her talk about her artwork, better than hearing her false and disgusting story she has slung throughout this trial.

I dont know how they can legally show jodi's artwork...because she needs to get a license to sell or show the artwork, since it isn't her concept....but the concepts of other artists, so selling them is basically illegal...so.

That's what I though too...Can you imagine how totally TACTLESS that is going to be having Arias parade her pathetic so called art work around that courtroom! I bet she is just thrilled to death (No pun intended) that she gets to show off her pathetic art in that courtroom. Another chance for her to hawk her Murder By Numbers print ad knock offs. She is pathetic. She shouldn't be able to do that at all and it's disrespectful to the gravity of what this case is all about.

She needs to just SHUTUP and go quietly off into the Death Chamber. Everyone is sick of hearing her lies and vitriol spew from her mouth.

I just love how Samantha told the story of Travis being in CA
***and NOT heading to Yreka to see JA. < she didn't say that part, but
it came through loud and clear.
IMO he had no plans to see JA ever again.

Alright ... I've heard enough!!

I grew up in NJ ... Been living in Arizona for THIRTY FOUR long-azzed NJ pizzaless years. There is NO OTHER GOOD THIN SLICE SOFT ENOUGH TO FOLD IN HALF WITH ORANGE GREASE DRIPPING DOWN MY ARM PIZZA ANYWHERE BUT NJ AND NEW YORK!!

There. I said it. Yes, I get emotional about my pizza.

Oh and for the record... Please don't gimme no freakin' spinach and sun-dried tomato gourmet crap on my pizza!!

Whew. I feel better.

Texas* has crummy pizza, even Ohio's was better. :(

*No offense to fellow Texans.

BBM

Looks like a new tack, moving from the fabricated Travis's gun -- which the Prosecution correctly stated that Travis didn't own -- to JA's grandpa's .25 caliber now, which was my original point.

Evidence? What evidence did the Prosecution present that the lying torture-murderess stole that gun or committed the burglary?

They appeared to have no more evidence for JA being the burglar than they did her being the author of the terroristically threatening "whoredom" email which wasn't shown to the jury.

BBM: The evidence was from Jodi's own testimony and as Juan mentioned...."She's married to it." Jodi claims she took Travis gun without his permission and killed him with it. We can't prove Travis didn't have a gun and she used that to her advantage that turned into a disadvantage for her in the end. Seems to be a theme running throughout her life. You would think she would have learned by now.

They can't compete with a Louisiana Po-Boy or Muffaletta

Yeah u rite! I had a muffalette from Central Grocery week before last. It was amazing! I miss New Orleans.

THey were just talking about the JA movie they are filming now and that will be on tv next month. It is my hope that no one will watch this. The woman portraying CMJA just said she is reserving her judgement about JA for now, Yikes. At least the man playing Travis said he thinks JA is a psychopath. I really, really hope the ratings will be lower than low. I don't want to contribute in any way to the fact that JA will think so highly of herself if this movie is widely watched. I say we pass on the word wherever we can to all boycott this movie.

That's what I though too...Can you imagine how totally TACTLESS that is going to be having Arias parade her pathetic so called art work around that courtroom! I bet she is just thrilled to death (No pun intended) that she gets to show off her pathetic art in that courtroom. Another chance for her to hawk her Murder By Numbers print ad knock offs. She is pathetic. She shouldn't be able to do that at all and it's disrespectful to the gravity of what this case is all about.

She needs to just SHUTUP and go quietly off into the Death Chamber. Everyone is sick of hearing her lies and vitriol spew from her mouth.

I am thinking that Juan will have the mag pages all ready to show....side by side like they did on HLN the other day

Jean C on HLN is giving the DT suggestions on what they can do to show how ja can help the other prisoners...WTF???? Isn't this her last trial? I hope so....I actually prefer JVM to her. :scared::scared: I really think JC might be pro ja or anti DP :banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic