SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza at home is wonderful..but only if you make your own crust. Not the dough from Trader Joe's..the real thing with yeast and flour (the quick yeast for pizza is great and saves a coupla hours). Season it, then choose your toppings..put in a HOT oven, unless you own a pizza oven..
We make 4 every week, feeds a crowd!

Sitting on hands has a whole new meaning now doesn't it. we would have never figured it out if it wasn't for him not wanting to show his face on television. and therefore we got to see his hands all the time.

Karma karma karma

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps he'll testify this time wearing mittens....

I realize that, but why would Jodi provide information that is obviously incorrect? She admitted on the stand that she was 5'5" or 5'6", so why would she say that she was 5'4"? I guess Jodi lies about anything and everything.

Weight hasn't been on Michigan drivers' licenses for several years now. Guess they figured that people weren't truthful about it or felt that it was an intrusion.

I don't know. I do know that I truly do not know my own height. The doctors office may know, but I guess I still used some height that a Patient First gave me years ago. I'm sure I have slumped some. I don't measure my height, I don't care. I don't weigh myself anymore, I know where it is and I don't choose to. Again, the doctor's office has it. Will I put that out to the world, Heck NO. Will I murder a man and tell the world I am as tall as he is, when I just did the nearly impossible small woman wise? Heck no, I want to appear smaller and know that I can say height and weight wise he was on me, not me him.

Was she making up fake driver's licenses on purpose? I don't know. But does it matter if her face is on the photo. To get a first time license in any state you still need a birth certificate, then a photo. New ones after 9-11. You could be 101 years old and need a new birth certificate now. Yes, someone just passed that was 101 years old in my life, not my family but my exes.

LOL It's all good, sister! Just don't call it REAL pizza. I buy dough from Trader Joe's sometimes... put a bunch weird stuff on it and call it ... Concoction.

at least she's not putting chicken on it :puke:

Here's my contribution to the discussion about pizza and BBQ. Haven't tried it, but Supino's is supposed to be the best pizza in metro Detroit and was featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. http://supinopizzeria.com/

In the suburbs, Alibi has won numerous awards for its pizza. When we're in the mood for pizza, this is where we go. http://www.alibioftroy.com/

Not a big fan of barbecue, but DH and I tried Union Woodshop after it was featured on Triple D - show that featured local rocker Kid Rock who has his own local Badass brewery. http://www.unionwoodshop.com/

LOL I have had some of Kid Rocks Bad *advertiser censored* Beer. It's not bad. I have a bottle of it on my wine rack. Never to be drank. Just to have as a novelty. The Big "D" and surrounding area does have some great food.

I'm really glad you guys brought this up. Seriously, I was totally lost this morning looking for "my regular thread". Literally didn't know what to do :panic:...sad but true :blushing:

So are we in TO...does anyone know what the heck is going on, TIA

No, this isn't Time Out! Trust me, Time Out doesn't have this:

full_bar.jpg

http://www.upthecreektavern.com/images/full_bar.jpg

Or this:

Imos_Pizza_in_the_box_1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Imos_Pizza_in_the_box_1.jpg

Seriously though, having a trial thread on non-trial days is just an invitation to get off-topic & a bit of a modding headache. Rather than have us all end up chewing our tails, we figured it would be better to spend the weekend in the Sidebar, where trial talk is ok, and off-topic stuff is ok too.

:cheers:

Did anyone else hear dear old Jean C. today discussing the possible mitigating factors? Oh my!

She was saying that if not given the DP, Jodi could help teach her fellow inmates to read, she could teach art . . . I don't even know what to say, other than this is typical Jean C. - sometimes I think she is from another planet!

Whomever is concerned about food talk in the side bar, it is the side bar. The mods allow food and drink talk. If they do not they put up a big bold message. Just and FYI for newbies. If they do not allow it, all our post will go poof! Food and drink is part of long trials, long waits, and coping. :blowkiss:

The sweet peppers that I am talking about are, pickled, I guess that's how to describe them. I have asked for them in other states and people look at me like I have two heads.

Um well um um well it could be because you have man hands!

:D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thank you!!!!

Here is my one exception to having shopping be a part of a vacation - Harrods

OMG, check out the food section, it's a blast.

And Tower of London, such an awesome place, esp if you have even a little knowledge of BritHist. We got to go to the key ceremony one time, but you have to request tickets months in advance for that. (You follow the guards at night while they lock up the crown jewels, the Tower is closed to the public at that time)

Have fun and mind the gap!

I believe what he said essentially to the jury was you can either believe she used her grandfather's gun which was stolen in a burglary to kill Travis (being there unlawfully which would qualify as burglary) or that she took Travis' gun and used it to kill him and then left with it (burglary). Either way she is guilty of burglary once she decided to kill him she was no longer a welcomed guest. It is up to the jury to come to their own conclusion as to where Jodi got the gun. The state did meet their burden either way the jury members chose to believe how Jodi came into possession of the gun.

JM never accused Jodi of a burglary in CA, he was talking about Jodi being an unwelcomed guest in his home once she tried to kill him.

Yes, he did accuse her of that very thing.

The State's position was that Travis didn't own or possess a gun.

This is the video at the top of this Sidebar #3 thread, cued to the spot:

http://youtu.be/L_uaGMSf21E?t=9m10s

Did anyone else hear dear old Jean C. today discussing the possible mitigating factors? Oh my!

She was saying that if not given the DP, Jodi could help teach her fellow inmates to read, she could teach art . . . I don't even know what to say, other than this is typical Jean C. - sometimes I think she is from another planet!

They already have someone who tells it like it is (Beth) so they need someone who just makes σhιτ up (Jean)
:moo:

Hahahahah! Jodi teaching vocabulary would be a hoot!!

Inmate #1: WTF is she talking about?
Inmate#2: Was that English?

BBQ?
I was born and raised in soCal..I can cook Mex like crazy. My DIL is from Naples, Italy..so now we all cook real Italian food.
We moved the family to NC over 20 years ago..now we know how to smoke pork and chicken all day! YUMMY! Brine it first, then dry rub, then smoke.
It is hard to keep lit, lolol

She's just angling for an exclusive.

Hmmmm. Not sure I can wrap my head around Juan agreeing to such a deal. IIRC, the idea that she stole the gun was presented in a "circumstantial" manner during the trial. Even in closing, he used the "footprints in the sand" analogy. Given that, I can't see him making a deal allowing him to call her an outright burglar, during this phase, in return for the pedo allegations that were made over, and over, and over, did i say over again? and these alligations were made not only by JA, but also by LaViolette.

Doesn't seem worth it to me....IMO of course :)

Perhaps only worth it because it was an obvious lie.

She may not be any great beauty, but a nude, surgically enhanced Jodi Ann Arias certainly does not resemble an eight year-old boy.

Besides, he may have thought that the sex call recording (there was no tape, but don't get me started) helped the State more than it did the Defense.

BBM, seems Miss Patti has some 'splaining to do..DT misspelled her name and evidently she's got some "chemical" issues on record with her local LE. Now, why she wouldn't want her face shown on the stand is pretty silly since she's been all over the media. And, no doubt, JM will cross her on her cough*heroin*cough "issues" and the jury will disregard her statement. No definite answer to whether she takes the stand or not.

I am sure that the 'misspelling' of P's name was totally an accident. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alternative_hat_9417