SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was sitting in the dark corner of a Northern California jail when she floated into the room. "
"As a journalist, I had covered my share of crime stories across the country but I had never met someone so excited to be interviewed as Jodi. And it was clear she had some experience behind the camera, even giving my crew direction. "If you need to I would be willing to stop so they can fix the shot. If I get shiny let's take a break," she said, "I'd rather it be like no chains, if possible. So, that'd be good."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...arias-first-impressions-never-lie-or-do-they/

As we sat down, the conversation came easily. Jodi seemed immediately comfortable as she talked about everything from her life goals and favorite hobbies, to her fondest childhood memories. But this was no dinner date, and when the conversation turned to Travis's death, she asked if we could "come back to that later" and immediately changed the subject.

Typical. I expect a lot of this when she gets on the stand again. I can almost see her gleeful smile talking about her favorite subject until we lose our minds.

When she woke-up, Travis was lying on the ground screaming, "Not like a blood-curdling horror movie girl scream"

What is up with her and that Travis didn't scream like a girl thing? Does she think it sounds more convincing. Is she replaying that part over and over in her head? It kind of reminds of Diane Downs talking about the blood coming from her daughter's mouth after she shot her. She looked grossed out thinking about it and then laughs like children do when they talk about gross things!

"I've grown up around gangs and you don't snitch."

I knew it!!!

awwww pet pics....

here's my guy...

photo_zps40e60a7c.jpg

photo-1_zps8004770e.jpg

photo-2_zpsbb327977.jpg

in july he'll be with us 2 years...he's a rescue dog <3

Oh he is BEAUTIFUL....brought tears right to the surface....what's his name??

Very OT, but does anyone here have experience dealing with when it is appropriate to report suspected child abuse? (age 11-12)

Hi, I reported out neighbors. What I witnessed was enough to get child services out in less than an hour. After you report what you witnessed you are not privy to what happens next, it's out of your hands. In this case, it may have saved lives. Turns out, they had a meth lab inside their house.

Viv, you lead a star-studded life. I suppose Fred slept through most of that.

Mr. Mertz wasn't in the picture at that time, probably off on some vaudeville tour.

But more importantly, I have some devastating news for you and segue... we just returned from our reconnaissance mission and found out that, much to our mutual dismay, GORDON RAMSAY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!

If I hadn't been yakking so much on here I might have caught him before he left - allegedly today!!!

If it's any consolation to you and/or segue, this guy lives in the neighborhood so if I bump into him at the local market, should I ask him to autograph something for you?

Rob Zombie - Dead City Radio And The New Gods Of Supertown - YouTube

I know, not quite GRrrrrr...

As we sat down, the conversation came easily. Jodi seemed immediately comfortable as she talked about everything from her life goals and favorite hobbies, to her fondest childhood memories. But this was no dinner date, and when the conversation turned to Travis's death, she asked if we could "come back to that later" and immediately changed the subject.

Typical. I expect a lot of this when she gets on the stand again. I can almost see her gleeful smile talking about her favorite subject until we lose our minds.

When she woke-up, Travis was lying on the ground screaming, "Not like a blood-curdling horror movie girl scream"

What is up with her and that Travis didn't scream like a girl thing? Does she think it sounds more convincing. Is she replaying that part over and over in her head? It kind of reminds of Diane Downs talking about the blood coming from her daughter's mouth after she shot her. She looked grossed out thinking about it and then laughs like children do when they talk about gross things!

"I've grown up around gangs and you don't snitch."

I knew it!!!

I've always thought the person most like JA was Diane Downs.

I'm skeptical of the gang thing. The minute they caught her playing her usual games, they would have chopped her up into multiple pieces.

Very OT, but does anyone here have experience dealing with when it is appropriate to report suspected child abuse? (age 11-12)

PM me if you need to talk please...

How come when I try to post an image it asks me for the url? I don't have url's on my saved pics, right? I couldn't find instructions. Am I on restriction?

I wonder if the present jury is/will be made aware of this. If I were a juror, I would want to know this and work harder with the other jurors to reach the right decision. It would be awful to come this far for it to be left up to a judge.

Good question, I don't know if they are aware what happens if they don't agree.

Gee, did that idea implode already? It's so hard to start a business in this current economic climate.

It is isn't it :floorlaugh: Especially when it's all run by phone and tweets. Oh heck I guess it's no different than telemarketing? Kinda sorta

Here's my favorite pet naming story (I may have posted it before).

Some friends moved into a nice neighborhood in DC. Their new neighbors had a cat named Brie. So they named their dog Velveeta.

Mine is about two Rottweilers. Big ole hugga lubs! They played with bowling balls in the cul de sac. We'd roll them down the street and they'd bring them back. My friend brought them home and her 4 yr old asked one for a "kiss kiss" the dog snugged up to his face and the 4 yr old replied "his face feels like bug fuzz!"

Kiss Kiss and Bug Fuzz... were named! lol

They probably called her/him "Veeta" for short, which people heard as "Vita," which is actually kind of cute.

Yeah, but what fun is that? The whole idea is to mess with the neighbors. I think they went "here, VELLLLLVEEEEEETTTAAAAH!"

How come when I try to post an image it asks me for the url? I don't have url's on my saved pics, right? I couldn't find instructions. Am I on restriction?

if pics from your computer, use the 'Attacments' interface (that paperclip icon).
The 'insert image' thing is for images already posted on the internet.

My lovely corgi wannabe likes to dress like Queen Elizabeth.

Speaking of Corgis yesterday at my main job i saw a physical therapist working with a pt. The pt had a tennis ball slinger for dogs and was throwing a tennis ball with it. This utterly adorable Corgi was chasing. it.
Meanwhile I am stuck with an obnoxious pt who we had to call security on because he was refusing to take his court-ordered meds. I am seriously in the wrong line of work.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting that you should say that juror #1"Church Lady" had a rather muted answer of "Yes" when the jurors were polled.

I did not notice that. Perhaps I'll have to watch the video again.

The one I noticed as not answering in a strong voice (for the M1 verdict) was juror #16 "Maureen." Because of this, along with other reasons, I remain a little pessimistic that she might be a problem during the death penalty deliberations.

Fortunately, I have KatieCooLady to talk me down from my paranoia. :smile:

I noticed after listening to the assents on full blast multiple times, three sounded muted to me. Juror 1, Juror 13 and Juror 16.

I could be completely wrong though- I tend to drink. A LOT. :D

The jury then will deliberate for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life imprisonment or death. Its decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a new jury will be chosen for this phase only.

I recall hearing this - actually, DH heard it, too - and wondering how a new jury who isn't familiar with all of the details of the case that's lasted more than four months determine Jodi's fate? :confused:

Good point.

My guess is Arizona decided that jurors only need to look at aggravating factors vs. mitigating factors and that does not require familiarity with the guilt phase.

This still seems unusual. It makes you wonder how many other states have this provision.

BTW, the state of Florida only requires a simple majority (7-5) of the jury to impose the death penalty. Hmmm.

Yeah, but what fun is that? The whole idea is to mess with the neighbors. I think they went "here, VELLLLLVEEEEEETTTAAAAH!"

There is a man that lives two houses down from us who is always screaming for his cat, "Stella."

"Stttteeeeeellllllllllaaaaa!!!, Ssssttttteeeelllllaaaa!"

I think he named her that on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members