SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus everyone at court yesterday was saying they were both subpoenaed.

Well that is just weird on so many levels.

How can the court require you to testify and say nice things about someone?

Personally, they would not want to force ME to say nice things....

:stormingmad: :stormingmad:

(Remembering back to what Chris Hughes said to Nurmi on the stand)

:rockon: :rockon:

I am tall and scrawny with big bony hands, wrists, ankles, knees and feet! It doesn't offend me at all when people make fun of Jodi's ham fists.

I'm tall, not scrawny but have large hands. No not offended. I think if you are tall you will notice that trait if you are thin. If I had small hands they would look awkward, out of balance. She looks so small sitting in her "downward pumped" chair so her hands would look out of proportion to her body. In her drawings Jodi shows great detail of the hands.

Agreed... I dont think this is going to require another jury.. I feel this jury wants to see this through to the end...jmo:twocents:

I am missing something here. Why another jury? They can't change the M-1 verdict, can they? moo

Someone noted that the killer was experiencing regret.

I definitely felt that. She was mourning the loss of a future life w Travis-the life that included a family playing American Idol, the position of honor as Travis' wife, the pretty home she spent time cleaning.

I still want to know why Juan Martinez was allowed, with no objection from the Defense, to refer to Jodi Arias as "the burglar" of her grand-pappy's .25 caliber handgun.

She was not convicted of that crime, nor did the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department even charge the lying torture-murderess with it.

I remain perplexed as to why Nurmott allowed JM to state this directly to the jurors as undisputed fact without a single objection.

Any lawyers in the house?

I don't think the burglary thing had to do with the burglary at her grandparents. JM made two points about it:

1) If the jury believed the gun was Travis' then she took his gun to kill him. Therefore, she killed him while committing a burglary which makes it felony murder.

2) once she started to stab him, she was unwelcome in the home. being unwelcome in the home was the burglary. Again, she committed a murder while committing burglary which makes it felony murder.

HLN reporting that DB will be the only mitigation witness on Monday

That is odd. I wonder if the DT pulled her when they realized she had a background and Juan would have no choice but to press her on it. She also hadn't actually seen Jodi in years, save for at her wedding.

I am missing something here. Why another jury? They can't change the M-1 verdict, can they? moo

They can't bring in another jury. They would have to retry her. If the jury can't decide, the judge will rule. I believe that was included in their instructions.

Oh hmmmm... Patty backed out?

I don't blame her.

She has so many issues and why would she put herself on the stand to be humiliated even more in order to help Jodi? She has also seen Juan in action........

:rockon:

Someone noted that the killer was experiencing regret.

I definitely felt that. She was mourning the loss of a future life w Travis-the life that included a family playing American Idol, the position of honor as Travis' wife, the pretty home she spent time cleaning.

I said that. I saw regret yesterday. Not the kind normal people experience. The kind a narcissist feels....

This is my understanding. If this Jury is hung then a new Jury will be brought in. If it happens again then the Judge decides if it's Life with or without Parole. Speaking to the Death Penalty decision.

Jodi's huge hands have attracted most court watchers attention I think only because we know what she did with them. Her bangs now are a different story. And I have bangs yet reserve the right to rip on hers ad to the point of nauseum.

I watch RH of Beverly Hills. And there are a lot of comments about how big Kye's hands are. It is what it is. Nothing personal, just viewers commenting on Kyes' big hands. P.S. I am not going to watch the show anymore. Too contrived in my opinion.

I don't blame her.

She has so many issues and why would she put herself on the stand to be humiliated even more in order to help Jodi? She has also seen Juan in action........

:rockon:

I was shocked to hear DB was going to testify in the penalty phase. He has a son.. I'm quite sure he's moved on with his life. Just can not imagine why he would want to> In spite of subpoena ( technicality) testimony in this phase is completely voluntary.

I said that. I saw regret yesterday. Not the kind normal people experience. The kind a narcissist feels....

YES! thank you for that observation. Very perceptive and really got me thinking.it was regret for herself, not Travis, right?

Big hands, long fingers as well, 5'7...and also in dfw area. :seeya:

I wouldn't exactly call them man hands as they are slender..sounds like yours are too.

Piano player in the old days. I can do an octave plus two spread ...long finger s!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Most lawyers take notes during trial (and depositions, etc.). It's no big deal and I would be more concerned if a lawyer wasn't taking any notes.

I don't know. I think it's a little weird, too. For example, yesterday while the judge was reading the juror instructions, Wilmott was taking lots of notes. She's heard these instructions before -- she helped write them. It seems unlikely these are notes are for the opening argument -- she's not giving it, Nurmi is. I've seen her on numerous occasions taking notes where it didn't make sense. In particular, when juror questions are read, she's so busy writing the questions down, she doesn't listen to the witness' answers and ends up having the witness repeat the answers. Sorry, but I'm can't figure out often what she's doing. JMO

Sounds great! I think I got half-way through each song and lost my inspiration... sometimes my "muse" abandons me at the most inopportune times (lyricus interruptus).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5uDDdNcwk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5uDDdNcwk[/ame]

I think this is how the convicted lying torture-murderess would modify the lyrics:

I feel so bad I got a murd'rous mind
I'm so lonesome all the time
Since I left my grandma behind
In Sis-ki-you

Saving nickels saving dimes
Plotting ‘til the sun don't shine
Looking forward to bloodier times
From Sis-ki-you

I'm going back someday
Come what may
To Sis-ki-you
Where my grandma’s fine
And the room is mine
In Sis-ki-you
Where those greasy spoons
With their country tunes
If I could only see
That familiar sunrise
Through beady eyes
How happy I'd be

Gonna see my grandma again
Gonna be with my only friend
Maybe I'll feel better again
In Sis-ki-you

Sketching nickels painting dimes
Posing ‘til the sun don't shine
Looking backward to burglary times
In Sis-ki-you

I'm going back someday
Come what may
To Sis-ki-you
Where my grandma’s fine
And the room is mine
In Sis-ki-you
Where those greasy spoons
With their country tunes
If I could only see
That familiar sunrise
Through beady eyes
How happy I'd be

Doggy Boy of mine
By my side
The Dido tune
And my rented car ride
It’s some sweet day
Since I slashed away
This hurting inside
Well I'll never be blue
My dreams come true
In Sis-ki-you

[With apologies to Roy Orbison and Joe Melson]

Is there a list of things that are off topic as to not offend someone? I know that yesterday, bangs were the culprit. :dunno:

I figure that if my name isn't specifically stated, then it's not about me.

I agree I did see regret yesterday. Regret that Travis was so loved. Regret that her abusive pedophile ex boyfriend forced her hand. Regret that nobody believes her. I also saw anger and resentment. She wears many faces. For herself. I pray they vote DP. She can eat her words. Hey Jodi not only did they convict you but they may pass a Death Sentence upon you. There I feel better lol.

BBM

It was all a show for the jury...just like she turned towards them during Nurmi's closing. Notice she did not turn towards them during Juan's closing. Whenever she wants to convey something to the jury, she turns towards them.

Like you said, if she was really sad, she would have had her head down in shame, just like you said. That's what a normal person would do, not swivel their chair around and face them. It was all for the jury - she knew she was in their line of sight directly behind Sam and Stephen. She knew they would see her crying. She didn't HAVE to swivel her chair around, she could have still heard them even if she wasn't looking at them. She could have seen the pictures on the monitor right by her. There was no reason to turn that way, except to manipulate the jury.

Also, she could have wiped her tears, before they sprinkled down her cheeks.
She has used enough tissue on the stand and also at the defense table. That to me is a BIG clue it was for effect, for the jury. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV