SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted my post! I am assuming it had to do with juan finding she had a record , possibly probation. Thingie meaning thing!

Disregard

:tyou:

And I know what you meant by thingie, I just wasn't sure about the drug part of it. :)

I have to tell y'all- I have always been a nail biter - my entire life. I recently stopped biting, and clipped my nails for the very first time because they were TOO LONG!

WHAT!!

You cannot imagine how this small thing has made me insanely happy!

great job on breaking a bad habit!!
I have one myself..........soda. I am now 5 days soda free and even caffeine free....been an addict for over 20 years.....even started the paleo diet. and feel great about it...I don't miss soda at all....but I do miss some certain foods:scared:

so :toast: :clap: for breaking bad habits!!

I will tell you right now, I am an expert in intellectual property law, and if jodi shows her renderings in court, without permission from the owners of the copyright...either the agency, photographer or product for which the ad is created....or all three...

she and her team will be breaking the law.

it is not likely that jodi has gained permission to use these images in a public venue....unless they are evidence in the case...which they are not.

if the images appear on television , that could be a massive lawsuit...bad pr for the product line...like Guess Jeans...

there you have it.

okay...well also

I am not an expert of everything...like jodi, but...also

it could be that the art she copied is stock photography...that could bring in another entity... like GettyImages...who represents photographers and sells preshot content for advertising...
so
jodi is all over the place....and once again breaking laws

and stealing.

Will there be a punishment thread or a mitigation thread today? I would love something more focused and that is more on track.. ;)

Wow, considering the source???

" By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 AM

Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias filed a motion for mistrial Sunday after a witness who was supposed to testify as to Arias’ character withdrew because she was being threatened.

Patricia Womack, a friend of Arias, was supposed to testify Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court, but could not because the defense attorneys and the prosecutor spent the afternoon behind closed doors, ostensibly arguing over the defense case.

“However, after returning home Ms. Womack began receiving threats, threats that included threats on her life if she were to testify on Ms. Arias’ behalf,” attorney Kirk Nurmi wrote in the motion. “On May 19, 2013, Ms. Womack contacted counsel for Ms. Arias that she is no longer willing to testify due to these threats. It should also be noted that these threats follow those made to Alyce LaViolette, a record of which was made ex-parte and under seal.”

The time on this article is 7:52 (PT?) and at 12:03 pm EDT, there is no record of this motion; other motions filed by the defense team during weekend hours have been available before court opened.

Rumors of Womack not testifying had been circulating since court was dismissed on Thursday. Kiefer is incorrect in stating that Womack was scheduled to testify on Friday, as that was a scheduled dark day for court.

Keifer has shown extreme bias in his reporting on the case and has resorted to sensational journalism. Time will bear this one out. If in fact such a motion has been filed, it means there will be another delay in today's proceedings. :-(
I hope the police fully investigate these alleged threats! I don't believe there were ANY threats. She didn't want to testify, she didn't want Juan to cross her..period. If they are made up, they should hold Womack accountable! :twocents:

DH received a very nice bottle of Champagne last week that has been chilling in the fridge awaiting the verdict. We would both like to see Jodi get the DP but will not be disappointed if she gets LWOP. JA doesn't deserve parole if she does get a Life sentence, and I hope that Judge Stephens wouldn't consider it. :moo:

Might we be on verdict watch before the end of the day?

I lost who posted the commissary list for prisoners. Thank you.

Did you notice the crappy hair products? No wonder Stabby's hair looks like it does; must've been a huge adjustment from high-end products for her. Snark.
Did you notice how they make tobacco products accessible...self-serving of the prison system? I would think the treatment $ would outweigh whatever gain from a shorter lifespan the tobacco products offer. But I could be all wet and they allow tobacco because it keeps the inmates happier (and hence less troublesome) if they have it.

tweets from KPHO reporter - Phoenix, AZ

reporterjmiguel There are people walking around taking pictures of the door to the #arias courtroom. Need I remind people this is a murder trial?? 20 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

reporterjmiguel General public side waiting for #arias trial is jammed full. Not sure how many seats will be available 58 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Source: http://www.kpho.com/story/21377119/live-updates-from-inside-courtroom-of-jodi-arias-murder-trial

Does anyone know what tv station I as a Canadian can watch the trial on today?
Thanks! :)

Okay, running out to lunch. Will someone save me a seat in the new thread? I'll pick up the Twizzlers and share. TIA!

I didn't know this. Sorry can't keep up.

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 13h High profile murderer #JodiArias got busted selling domestic violence t-shirts from prison to support Long (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rkcm3g Retweeted 184 times

Don't know about getting busted, but if you look the Long Beach Women's Shelter on Facebook, they do say that they have no connection to her selling the shirts. fyi

Mark Eiglarsh ‏@MarkEiglarsh 10m

Will Jodi Arias get the death penalty? I debate the issue with @LisWiehl on @FoxNews with host @MegynKelly, today at 2:45 pm ET.

Thanks you so much for this, Deanna, :blowkiss:

I really like Megyn Kelly, and after watching this trial have come to love Mark. Now all of you that have something going on with Mark...I'm just an admirer of his brain :blushing:

Michael Kiefer will twist things and concoct stories to feed his own narcissistic ego. He quaffed the Kool-aid months ago. A poor excuse for a journalist by any stretch. JMO

I agree he will twist things, but he's not going to make up a quote from a motion. That's totally different than putting a slant on a story.

Slant is where he said in the story "LaViolette, an expert on domestic violence, testified during Arias’ trial and was subsequently harrassed and threatened by trial watchers who staged a massive defamation campaign against her." That statement isn't exactly objective as to "defamation."

It's also slant where he said, "Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias filed a motion for mistrial Sunday after a witness who was supposed to testify as to Arias’ character withdrew because she was being threatened." He can't know, even if she withdrew, her real motivation. He's claiming to be a mindreader. He should have something like, "Nurmi claimed she withdrew because of threats."

But the quotes from the motion are not something he would make up. He'd be fired for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB