SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Robert Cray. Can you tell I really like him?
[video=youtube;jP2EvSNHqh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2EvSNHqh0[/video]

[video=youtube;1EyVzLVGd6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EyVzLVGd6Q[/video]

I had this song in my head for weeks a few months back. 80's teenager here!

Good one! I spent all last weekend mowing my yard to the sounds of Mississippi John Hurt, Leadbelly, and Big Mama Thornton, to name a few.

Yes, there are some blues lovers in the house. :D

Good ones! I thought I was the only one. :floorlaugh: I grew up in a very small villiage in northern New Brunswick, Canada. Nearly everyone played some kind of instrument. Grew up on country music, Cajun, bluegrass, blues, anything those folks could pick, blow or fiddle.

evening all,

stopped at starbucks today for a espresso frapp. two people ahead of me, the woman ordered a jodi. when it was my turn i asked did that lady order a jodi? girl behind the counter let out a big belly laugh and said to me, that's my sister in-law we have been watching the trial. we both laughed and then she said ja should use her contribution to the increase of starbucks strawberry frapp orders as part of her mitigation plea. by the time i left there were maybe eight people talking about the trial. i'm looking forward to this wrapping up this next week and ja can disappear into the bowels of the state prison. and ta's family can have peace. moo

Ok I think I can post mine...let me know---thanks texmex!!!

This is one of my favorites from the great Stevie Ray Vaughn singing "Life Without You"(special shout out to Texans especially those from Austin)

[video=youtube;Zw4bgcOhzC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4bgcOhzC4[/video]

[video=youtube;03TgkCVDlrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03TgkCVDlrA[/video]

Wow. Just wow. I had not seen that. Very telling. At the end of court on Thursday, it was reported that JW was kneeling in front of CMJA talking to her. Then we see video of Just Nurmi on Friday going to the jail. Do we know why JW dissed CMJA?

It looked to me like JW was leaning over to talk with Nurmi and probably didn't realize the killer had leaned in to talk with her. If you look at the long shot, JW is leaned towards KN.

Just MHOO. I could be wrong. :)

[video=youtube;UulEF42mlVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UulEF42mlVQ[/video]

Guide-1.jpg

How do you like this blue?

You forgot "Yes or No answer? in your question. just thought I'd point that out..j/k

Good ones! I thought I was the only one. :floorlaugh: I grew up in a very small villiage in northern New Brunswick, Canada. Nearly everyone played some kind of instrument. Grew up on country music, Cajun, bluegrass, blues, anything those folks could pick, blow or fiddle.

Nope, you're not the only one! I'm from a very small town in southeast Texas. I grew up listening to all kinds of music. My dad played guitar and sang lead in a local band.

I love most any kind of music and I always have something playing in my house/car/office. It's never quiet when I'm around. Lol! I recently discovered more artists in the blues-country genre from the early 30's and I'm lovin' it! :)

doesn't she screw up her appeals if she apologizes? she can say she's sorry they're grieving, if she'd even say that. but if anyone's waiting for her to take responsibility for what she did and apologize, it is NOT going to happen. didn't the DT file a motion keeping JM from mentioning her lack of remorse and win? if so, then it makes no sense to expect her to express remorse.

I don't see how it would affect her appeals. She can express regret for ending his life and still claim self-defense, can't she?

In fact, isn't that how we know she doesn't regret murdering him? If he truly had temporarily snapped after she dropped his camera, wouldn't she regret such a freak occurrence and feel guilty for dropping the camera? Instead, she is cold as ice and hasn't expressed remorse because she isn't sorry. JMO

Elletee Effgee said:
Quote:
Allyne Smithe said:
Loving these classic performance gems (keep them coming!) but to answer Elle's question:

She just made an innocent joke after it was brought out in court how much Alyce LaViolette was being paid. Don't quote me but I believe it happened when they were all hauled in chambers (no thanks to Jean Casarez) about JM signing autographs and quizzed individually about whether they heard or saw anything (the answer was no, none of them had), Number 5 cracked something like 'Why can't they give us more comfortable chairs?" which was heard by other jurors, and which Nurmi claimed showed bias against the defense.

Are you serious??? Is this really why Juror #5 was dismissed? Wow. No wonder she was crying. I would be too because I would be pizzzzzzed!!!!

It was an almost unbelievable reason to kick her off. Btw she didn't volunteer the circumstances, a reporter or two who interviewed her said they heard it was a joke, which she confirmed. They also gave the background details of the joke, which she again did not volunteer, but basically confirmed. (Which is why I said don't quote me.) She said she will have plenty to say after the trial is over.

Somebody should have argued that all outside expert witnesses were paid at the same basic rate (though not necessarily the same totals), and that the remark did not constitute bias against the defense. But since JM was the target of the previous motion each juror was asked about, it sounded like the judge bent over backwards and caved to the appearance of bias, not the fact. The defense was certainly happy to get rid of #5.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21895330/2013/04/05/juror-no-5-tells-her-side-of-the-story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member