SIDEBAR #40 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slamming the victim gets me angry, it doesn't have anything to do with this trial. So, listening to the DT slander Travis gets to be real old, specially for days on end.
It gets to the point where "When will this garbage stop?"

Deanna had a point, JW was taking a response out of context. One question and answer from an affidavit with no prelude? Did Deanna know at the time of the murder? Did Deanna know the entire time she knew Travis?
Open question, "Would it surprise you that TA was having sex with others besides JA?"
Deanna said "I don't know".

That question can't refer to DR. "Was having" means "at the same time as JA". If they wanted to include Deanna in the question they would have to have asked: "Would it surprise you that TA had had sex with others besides JA?" Just to be sure, they should have specified the time frame: "concurrently" in Version 1, "had ever had" in Version 2.

RANT. These people are supposed to be attorneys. They're supposed to be able to understand English usage. This is not advanced placement, but more like 9th grade. One paper in college, and they'd be in trouble. How else are they to read court cases that hinge on language if they don't understand what time periods tenses refer to?

I don't think there's anyone on this board who would not understand what DR understood from the question, and who wouldn't have phrased it correctly to convey what information was wanted. And she didn't make a mistake! She had it exactly right. And you can tell she had it right because she explained today something like "TA wouldn't have told me if he was having sex with anyone else [at the time of JA]." This is even apart from the fact that they didn't ask her specifically about whether she herself had had sex with TA.

That question can't refer to DR. "Was having" means "at the same time as JA". If they wanted to include Deanna in the question they would have to have asked: "Would it surprise you that TA had had sex with others besides JA?" Just to be sure, they should have specified the time frame: "concurrently" in Version 1, "had ever had" in Version 2.

RANT. These people are supposed to be attorneys. They're supposed to be able to understand English usage. This is not advanced placement, but more like 9th grade. One paper in college, and they'd be in trouble. How else are they to read court cases that hinge on language if they don't understand what time periods tenses refer to?

I don't think there's anyone on this board who would not understand what DR understood from the question, and who wouldn't have phrased it correctly to convey what information was wanted. And she didn't make a mistake! She had it exactly right. And you can tell she had it right because she explained today something like "TA wouldn't have told me if he was having sex with anyone else [at the time of JA]." This is even apart from the fact that they didn't ask her specifically about whether she herself had had sex with TA.

It was not a mistake by the previous defense attorney, or a mistake in language usage, it was worded that way exactly so they could twist her response to it. It's what they do, IMO, and it's despicable.

Exciting tennis match and Serena heads to the final facing Sharapova! The final will be at 3AM Saturday. WOOHOO

I'm sorry posting tweets to us WSers kept you from your duties. We luvs ya!:loveyou:

I'm not sorry! :facepalm: I love Bernina's re-tweet ability. No one compares to our team of B And Y/N :loveyou:

Pics from today's court session:
-------------------------

B8eXQCzCMAAaC37.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8eXQCzCMAAaC37.jpg

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:
--------------------------
SBM.

Drool..... my favorite pic of Mr. M

You are right Bernina, but also if Nurmi or Willnotshutup starts badgering the Bishop with repeated questions over and over again, he can step in and say asked and answered, which Juan should have done. This attorney will not let them treat the Bishop in this disrespectful way. I have been in court when the Judge has stepped in and told the prosecutor to move on when the clueless public defender just sat there. Judge Stephens is worthless. I wish all the witnesses for Travis had an attorney with them. Juan just doesn't protect his witnesses from this abuse and he should.

I am sure Juan warns his witnesses of the way the DT operates, and they are well prepared to stand up for Travis. Leaving it in gives more room to expose the underhandedness of JA and her team. They shoot themselves in the foot.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/29/2015 8:00 AM

01/23/2015

HONORABLE JOSEPH KREAMER

MINUTE ENTRY

1:33 p.m. This is the time set for Status Conference relating to the consolidated Motions
to Strike the Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty...

Gary Bevilacqua, counsel for Macario Lopez, Jr. CR2011-007597-001, advises the Court
that the data intended to support the request for an Evidentiary Hearing as part of the Motion
to Strike the Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty will not be ready until the end of March.
The Court admonishes Mr. Bevilacqua for not previously notifying the Court that the
materials were not ready, which will result in the continuance of today’s proceeding.
Numerous in-custody defendants have thus been unnecessarily transported for what
amounts to a scheduling conference.

The Court further reminds all Defense counsel that, if their respective Defendant’s
presence was waived, in accordance with the Court’s minute entry dated January 5, 2015, a
Waiver of Presence applicable to today’s proceeding was to be filed on or before January 16
and e-mailed to this Division. The Court’s judicial assistant e-mailed all counsel, copying all
counsel on the e-mail, regarding the lack of Waivers of Presence and, to the extent that a
Waiver of Presence had not previously been filed, only one additional attorney responded.
Susan Corey, counsel for Jason Noonkester CR2011-138281-001, addresses the Court
regarding the expected timeframe for the expert to finish her work and to have the required
materials compiled.

Discussion is held regarding scheduling issues.

IT IS ORDERED that the Defense shall have until March 20, 2015, in which to file a
Motion for an Evidentiary Hearing and to produce any data that the Defense believes would
support its argument that an Evidentiary Hearing is appropriate and/or supports the factual
basis for the Motion for an Evidentiary Hearing. The Defense is to provide a copy of the
Motion and a copy of all of the data to the Court and to each counsel of record for the State.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall have until April 10, 2015, in which to
file a Response to the Motion for an Evidentiary Hearing.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Hearing for April 24, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in this
Division on the Defendants’ Motions for Evidentiary Hearing. Unless a formal Waiver of
Presence is filed, each Defendant will be transported for this Hearing.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Oral Argument on May 8, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. on
the Defendants’ Motions to Strike Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty. Unless a formal
Waiver of Presence is filed, each Defendant will be transported for the Oral Argument.
Any Waiver of Presence applicable to the Hearing on April 24, 2015, or the Oral
Argument on May 8, 2015, must be filed on or before April 10, 2015, and must be emailed
to this Division.

IT IS ORDERED vacating Oral Argument set for February 6, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. in this
Division.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6672988.pdf
------------

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/29/2015 8:00 AM

01/27/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY THIRTY-THREE

The Jury is not present.
Court and counsel discuss matters.
Defendant’s Motion to Preclude Witness is argued and denied.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the Defendant states on the record that she will not
be completing her testimony...

Defendant’s Motion to Preclude Witness is re-urged and re-argued.
The ruling is made as stated on the record...

The Defense rests.
The State’s rebuttal case commences.
Abe Abdelhadi is sworn and testifies.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT the witness identifies the Defendant...

The witness is admonished not to discuss this case or his testimony until the end of this
case or when he is informed that he will not be recalled and steps down from the witness
stand...

Deanna Reid is sworn and testifies.
Defense Exhibit 845 is marked for identification..

4:05 p.m. Court stands at recess until 1/28/15 at 1:30 p.m. in this division....

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6672486.pdf
--------------

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
1/29/2015 029 - ME: Status Conference - Party (001) 1/29/2015
1/29/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 1/29/2015

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...DsjQema9-iyqtOHI8nBw7S420w9WlTGcIGymENw17Zf6P
---------------------------------

Jodi Arias sentencing retrial: witnesses testify for the prosecution

"...Bishop Vernon Parker also testified for prosecutors. He said Travis Alexander did not put *advertiser censored* of any kind, including child *advertiser censored*, on his family's computer as an unnamed witness for the defense had claimed.
The jury offered to come in Thursday for more testimony, but the judge said because of the Super Bowl it's too crowded downtown and hard to get around..."

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...retrial-witnesses-testify-for-the-prosecution
----------------

Jodi Arias trial: Prosecution takes center stage (with Jen in short clip)

"The ex-girlfriend of murder victim Travis Alexander took the stand Wednesday in Jodi Arias' sentencing retrial and testified Alexander never abused her..."

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/...Prosecution-takes-center-stage-290148991.html

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 6m6 minutes ago
U may hate my latest post but it made you think-name 1 point that isn’t valid-It’s shows that somehow #jodiarias gotten her way 2 many times

She's talking about this article: :gaah:

Legally Speaking: Jodi Arias is winning and here's why

http://ktar.com/305/1802845/Legally-Speaking-Jodi-Arias-is-winning-and-heres-why-

Has she gone to the dark side lately? :(
---------------------

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision Jan 27
The #JodiArias defense has rested it's case. I've covered a lot of trials, I've never seen a victim disparaged so mercilessly as I have here
--------------------------------

Did I post this already??

Jodi Arias Trial Recap For Tuesday January, 27th: Don’t Mention the Magic Underpants

http://tamaratattles.com/2015/01/27...dont-mention-the-magic-underpants/#more-14018
-----------------

Having problems posting this AM and it's -2 degrees, too. :(

The DT didn't put up this much fight in the GUILT phase.

It's about time - Bel Kaufman (author of Up the Down staircase)

"writer Bel Kaufman reveals what it's like to be 102; the importance of Jewish humor and the humor of her grandfather, famed Yiddish writer Sholom Aleichem; and the secret to living to 102. And what you should bring for her 103rd birthday."

[video=youtube;Jf8nt2O1UuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8nt2O1UuY[/video]

Morning YESorNo! :seeya: I checked last night (when I got up at 4 am and couldn't sleep) after the program we watched, and went looking for that HBO program that was being discussed. Alas, I have HBO, but I don't have HBO on demand to see it. I'll have to check programming to see if it comes on at another time.

I cannot take reading anymore of the killer's letters. She just goes on and on and on and on and on and on.

Good morning ALL!!!

Morning YESorNo! :seeya: I checked last night (when I got up at 4 am and couldn't sleep) after the program we watched, and went looking for that HBO program that was being discussed. Alas, I have HBO, but I don't have HBO on demand to see it. I'll have to check programming to see if it comes on at another time.

What program?

Found some more while checking my email this AM: :)
--------------------

Jodi Arias jailhouse letter to Ryan Burns March 20, 2009

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/01...m_campaign=Feed:+CourtChatter+(Court+Chatter)
----------------

Jodi Arias email to Travis Alexander May 16, 2008

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/01...m_campaign=Feed:+CourtChatter+(Court+Chatter)
-----------------
Thanks Yes or No. Her emails and letters are always creepy. Always about her. She is crazy crazy.

Went over to listen today to opening statements of the Aaron Hernandez trial. WHOA! Before court even started, it has been reported that 10 jurors were excused. :thud: That's a first.

I'm sorry posting tweets to us WSers kept you from your duties. We luvs ya!:loveyou:

I can handle it! Lol!

I was mulling things around last night..........this case has me personally invested far more than any case I've ever followed.
The biggest interest is the Arizona court system and the current laws. JM has always been an interesting prosecutor to follow.

The issue I'd like to see resolved is the re-victimizing of the victim. Unfounded accusations, witnesses not being hit with perjury, and rampant media "tried on television" garbage.

But it is what it is.

The Domestic Violence laws here are as good as they get since the 1980's. I've had to use them a few times in the past. I don't recall any Arizona group demanding harsher laws on that front since this case started. Stalking laws since the mid 1990's are spot on, had to use that also.

Maybe the lesson of all this is don't underestimate what a person is capable of, whether it be a man or woman. The laws are in place, use them. Don't use "distance" as an excuse NOT to seek those protections. And document, document, document. Almost all cell phones have cameras.

Everything Travis said to people about the actions of CMJA that crossed the line, would have been a clear basis for a TRO, and charges of stalking. Travis' friends, on the night he was found, didn't say "well, there was this strange gal who was pursuing him, but she moved back to California almost 2 months ago". They did not hesitate to say "CMAJ". They had heard enough from Travis to figure out that CMJA was the only one capable of this and distance was not an issue. <-----that, in itself, says we have not heard all the things that many around Travis had heard from him, or witnessed.

Everyone said CMJA was responsible, even though she was supposedly in another state and almost a 1000 miles away for all they knew. But they KNEW she was the only one who could carry out such a evil murder. Pretty scary and incredibly telling.

Went over to listen today to opening statements of the Aaron Hernandez trial. WHOA! Before court even started, it has been reported that 10 jurors were excused. :thud: That's a first.

Where is that trial? I can't find it?

Monica Lindstrom &#8207;@monicalindstrom 6m6 minutes ago
U may hate my latest post but it made you think-name 1 point that isn&#8217;t valid-It&#8217;s shows that somehow #jodiarias gotten her way 2 many times

She's talking about this article: :gaah:

Legally Speaking: Jodi Arias is winning and here's why

http://ktar.com/305/1802845/Legally-Speaking-Jodi-Arias-is-winning-and-heres-why-

Has she gone to the dark side lately? :(
---------------------

*snipped by the Heathen! Lol*

CMJA has won a few battles, but she won't win the war. She definitely didn't pick the right "battles" either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper