SIDEBAR #40 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it would have been great to be a fly on the wall whenever JA + Nurmi + Wilmcott ever got together to discuss their strategy. LOL

Imagine the "debates" that must have gone on. :)

I would have loved to have recordings of them to enjoy. :)

I have seen many posts saying less than favourable things about the DT as a whole and KN in particular. JW does not seem to come in for as much criticism. I wonder why.

As an aside, JW dresses so well, but, boy, her feet and legs and back must hurt after standing and walking to the bench all day in those heels. Poor woman! I love my cowboy boots even more, just by watching her. :blushing:

Dagnabitt! I just was on the phone with comcast re issues with my "free trial" of HBO and "Night Will Fall" was in it's last 25 minutes. My HBO on demand wasn't working so they reset the cable box so I can see on demand later (30 minutes to reset). YesOrNo, I think it is exclusive to HBO and not on another channel for you to watch. :(

Too bad- I won't be able to watch it. :(

balloons-smiley.gif
Hi everyone!

Whew! Good stuff from the Bishop!

It really surprises me (NOT! LOL!) that the Defense team did NOT talk/interview the Bishop and Deanna before they brought up McWitness #1 affidavit?? :waitasec: All lies!! Juan made that perfectly clear!!

:juanettes:

9:30 AZ time(MST), 11:30 EST

And... 8:30 PST!
big-smile2-smiley.gif

Exciting tennis match and Serena heads to the final facing Sharapova! The final will be at 3AM Saturday. WOOHOO

Go Maria!!
tennis-smiley.gif
My sister and her Huz are tennis fans (play also in 60+ tournaments) - anyway, they go to the places like Indian Wells and Stanford games and have seen Serena in action; her exchanges with fans, etc. They say she is really nasty to everyone! So she puts on a good "front" in the TV shots, just saying...
tomato-smiley.gif

I "see" we have a few new :newbie: s here!

:welcome6:

samspace070 and I'mjazzed :greetings:

As I said before I'm reading Jane Velez-Mitchell's book - and would like to post some quotes from there (next post!) Very interesting and some things I didn't know, maybe you didn't either?? :waitasec:

:seeya:

Oh yes, both parents in their police interviews knew; their intuitions were spot on. They were caught off guard but truthfully this is what they thought and verbalized out loud very early on. They both acknowledged that something was "wrong" and just knew that Jodi had done the evil deed and probably from behaviors they knew about from her childhood to adulthood (behaviors that they will never reveal). I am sure that Sandy totally regrets the police interviews after her daughter, Jodi Arias, manipulated every single thought her Mother had with her story version. My guess is Jodi began with her Mother and the rest of the family fell into line. Now, of course, daughter Jodi was "abused" because she said so. I still think that Bill Arias, Father, does know deep down. What about Carl, her brother, who never has shown his face in public nor on any social media. I do feel sorry for the family that unfortunately psychopaths/BDP do and can sway their own family and some friends into believing the unbelievable. (JMO)

I don't feel sorry for them any longer, and haven't for some time. I understand standing by your daughter- that is your child- however at some point with the Arias parents it became collusion- and that is where my sympathy ends.

You can still love your child and stand by the fact that you will love and support them but not become a party to their crime. Both Sandy and Bill Arias know the truth of their daughter- probably better than anyone- while I don't expect parents to turn on their child, I do expect them to behave in an honest manner.

That is certainly not the case here, and hasn't been since those early days in the Yreka interview room. At this point, to me, they are in collusion with the crimes of their daughter as well as a vigorous defense of them. Shame on them- they can answer to God for it. MOO.

I pretty much agree with you, Frigga, but if they do not take the stand for her, or get up and beg for her life ...... then I will give them a tiny bit of kudos for not getting up there to lie. Maybe they, along with KN, are just letting her go through the motions. I do not believe she has ever been told "no." We shall soon see.

from Hard cover book - page 24: (my emphasis on words re underlining or bold!)

Jodi's interest and talent in art was well known in the school. Many years later, her high school art teacher remembered her with praise, recalling how conscientious, mature, hardworking, and smart she was. He also thought she was extremely talented, with a mastery of all media. Not only was Jodi the first to complete his assignments, but she presented herself with perfection, not a hair, piece of clothing, or application of makeup out of place. He told a local paper, "She was the perfect kid the kind of kid you would want your son to date because she just seemed so clean cut.

:scared:

page 28: (teen years)

While most teens act out, Jodi's behavior already seemed to have diverged into something more serious. Friends say she wasn't into drugs or alcohol, but rather appeared to have some escalating personality dysfunction. It had started about a year earlier, when she had gone around warning her friends about the Apocalypse and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Jodi had been raised as a nondenominational Christian and wasn't particularly religious, but an older man who frequented her father's restaurant, where she sometimes waitressed, had done the math and determined that the catastrophic event would occur in September 1997. The idea that Jodi would get invested in this story and take it seriously enough to warn others raised doubts about how grounded in reality she was. To Jodi, the man in the restaurant seemed to be a reliable, valid source of prophecy, as he always carried a dog-eared pocket version of the New Testament and quoted Bible stories with authority. To others he might seem like a nut.
Perhaps the story gave Jodi the opportunity to drum up some fear and excitement, creating unnecessary drama. At this point, signs were beginning to emerge that Jodi thrived on drama and knew how to create it. Was her willingness to believe fantastical stories a hint of why she would soon develop an uncanny ability to lie with abandon?

Page 31: after murder
Less than two months earlier Jodi had abandoned Arizona after living in Mesa for ten months and had moved back to California. Being hundreds of miles away from this tragic news, she spent the rest of the night calling long-distance to Arizona, reaching out to Travis's friends there to find out what was going on. At one point as Travis's friends gathered outside his, Jodi called one of them, who happened to be standing next to Detective Flores at the time. He asked the detective if he should answer the call. It seemed almost all of Travis's friends already had their fingers pointed squarely at Jodi. The question was whether the police would come to the same conclusions.

and of course they did, didn't they! :loveyou:

more in next post!

Aaron Hernandez trial opening statement videos are on WAT

susan candiotti cnn ‏@susancandiotti · 5m5 minutes ago
prosecutor: DNA on joint found next to victim Odin Lloyd match him, 2nd sample appears to match #AaronHernandez DNA #CNN @lauradolancnn

WOW. Surprised the Supreme Court did this. I was following this news after the 1 botched one. The state of OK did use the same cocktail for another prisoner not too long ago and it worked fine this time. I think the main issue with the botched one was they had trouble getting IV into veins.

That state was getting very close to executing quite a few more people. I was surprised at how many the state of OK was planning. Wonder if they are having a competition to be like Texas lately.

This is an interesting issue because without letting states use the new combo of drugs then states have to resort to other means.

I wonder why states cant just use what we do for animals in euthanasia. Never have understood why those drugs wont work.

And I have never understood why states cant just give huge amounts of valium or something first just to knock a person out totally before the other drugs that stop the heart.

This seems so easy and yet it is so hard. I dont understand

BBM I don't understand either. Is it because the drugs used are for animals only? Seems those drugs will work for humans, too, but since I'm not a MD or nurse, I wouldn't know.

"The two injection method (for animals)

The currently favored method of euthanasia in veterinary private practice settings is that of the so-called “two injection method.”

In this approach an initial injection is given, either in the vein (IV) or in the muscle (IM), to achieve extreme sedation. A second injection is then administered IV to overdose the animal with an

anesthetic drug.

Both injections are considered “overdoses” of medications we normally use in veterinary practice for sedation, tranquilization and/or anesthesia, but not every veterinarian uses the same drugs..."

http://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvet...softly-chemical-drug-euthanasia-pets-101-5780

But I do know that some drug companies and some countries where they sell those drugs are not willing to sell the drugs used for the DP to the US anymore- so more problems.

And then there's the problem of just how effective the drugs are in a "humane" death, too.

I think more people are questioning the DP now than in previous years.

I do think that the use of drugs, if delivered correctly, is the more humane way than say hanging; the firing squad method doesn't sit well with me, neither does the electric chair(well, the whole business of the DP doesn't sit well with me anyway).

Gonna go a little off track here:
I was looking into giving my body to science after I die by way of a anatomical gift program at one of the medical colleges in Albany, NY. I thought it would be a good way to give back and save money for funerals and such for my sons. Well, I think that funerals are a big waste of money- even tho' I know that they are for the family's comfort. Put my body in a plain pine box with my favorite comforter and dress me in a nightgown and slippers and I'm all set to go- maybe all of $200 or so instead of $8000 that was spent on my mother's funeral. Or better yet, go to Aruba instead and mourn me :) .

Anyway- back to the anatomical gift program: if my sons do not agree about having my body donated to science, the college will not accept my body no matter what I may have in my will. When I spoke to my younger son, he said "whatever you want Mom", but then my older son, after researching- he's a researcher like me :)- said he wouldn't agree to it. When asked why, he said "Do you know what they can do with those bodies?" and, of course, I said no. He directed me to a book that he found on Amazon and that he read an exerpt from:

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

http://www.amazon.com/Stiff-Curious...id=1422564301&sr=1-8&keywords=anatomical+gift

They do some crazy things with dead bodies, according to this book. :scared:

He continued to say that if he agreed to the program, it would be like subjecting his mom's body to things that were done to some of the people in the Holocaust and he couldn't do it.
I have to accept what he was feeling, so I have just filed the papers that were sent to me by the college to maybe address it with my son on another day, but I don't think he will change his mind.

Now that I think of it, all this fuss for a dead body just pales in comparison to the DP, with someone who is alive- even tho' that person probably shouldn't be allowed to be in the general population anymore. Are these people better off dead? I don't know, but I know they are people, even if they are very evil people, IMO.

Just some thoughts.

from page 35 - Jodi talking with Det. Flores on phone: :phone:

Jodi guessed that she had moved back on April 10.
"Did you stop by his house to say goodbye to him?"
"Oh, yes." Jodi replied. "I was completely moved out of my house, and I stayed at his house for about a week. I practically lived there. I spent the night there several times a week when I lived there. I came over and I cleaned his house a lot. He paid me a little bit to keep his house nice and clean. Sort of like a housekeeper."

She said that she and his current roommate Zach, a returned Mormon missionary, had "sort of connected" because they communicated by instant messaging. She claimed not to know if he still lived a the house, and Flores confirmed that he did.

First bold - so... did she stay at Travis' a whole week or came back a few days of the week? Weird sentence structure for her, no?
also... was she trying to "hook-up" with Zach later?? :sigh: and she KNEW he had a girlfriend... geez!!

from page 40: (same phone call with Det. Flores re relationship with Travis)

"Were there a lot of issues? Obviously, it wasn't a great relationship."
"It was a great relationship until we started fighting... I had a suspicion... that he wasn't being faithful, and I found a bunch of text messages that were no good. And rather than being an adult about it and confronting him, I kept it in and let it fester, and I was miserable...

and that festering, unfortunately, led to Travis' death...

from Chapter 4, page 44 titled Jodi's Men

Jodi was getting a little disheartened with Bobby, however. When she observed how chivalrous and kind Bobby's roommate Matt was with his girlfriend, she realized she was not being treated well. In her journal entries, she wrote of her growing friendship with Matt and his ability to "spiritually help others."
Jodi's next move would be her strangest to that point, and it would also foreshadow odd behavior in her future. Even though things weren't going well with Bobby, Jodi moved to Medford, Oregon. (where Bobby had moved to after break up with Jodi) She said she liked it and wanted to relocate there. Her unhealthy pattern had begun: she would complain about an ex-boyfriend, but then would move very close to him in spite of the turmoil that he'd supposedly brought into her life. Perhaps it was her fear of abandonment. Or maybe she wanted to be near Bobby to whip up drama, such a staple of her relationships. She could distract herself from the self-loathing that often plagues those suffering from mood disorders. Or perhaps she already had her eye on Bobby's roommate Matt, whom she was lavishing with compliments in her journal. Regardless of her underlying reasons, her behavior had characteristics of stalking.

So, she did "journal" way before Travis; I did not know this. I thought she had started to journal after she met Travis.

Page 46 (love this in bold!) LOL!

Nonetheless, Jodi had begun her pattern of relationship obsession and of vine-swinging from one boyfriend to another, bitterly disenchanted with one man as she grabbed on to the next. In Jodi's world, it seemed a lover was either wonderful or horrible, with no in-between.

That's all I have so far! Will post more, if I find anything "interesting"!

okay - off to read other threads! :pcguru:

:seeya:

Re Death penalty - screw the drugs - put them in front of a firing squad...

quick post - I was just at the emoticon web-site that you all gave out - it popped-up with an announcement that my software might be out of date - DO NOT START DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: just get out of that page!!!!!

WARNING!!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Hard cover book - page 24: (my emphasis on words re underlining or bold!)

page 28: (teen years)

While most teens act out, Jodi's behavior already seemed to have diverged into something more serious. Friends say she wasn't into drugs or alcohol, but rather appeared to have some escalating personality dysfunction. It had started about a year earlier, when she had gone around warning her friends about the Apocalypse and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Jodi had been raised as a nondenominational Christian and wasn't particularly religious, but an older man who frequented her father's restaurant, where she sometimes waitressed, had done the math and determined that the catastrophic event would occur in September 1997. The idea that Jodi would get invested in this story and take it seriously enough to warn others raised doubts about how grounded in reality she was. To Jodi, the man in the restaurant seemed to be a reliable, valid source of prophecy, as he always carried a dog-eared pocket version of the New Testament and quoted Bible stories with authority. To others he might seem like a nut.
Perhaps the story gave Jodi the opportunity to drum up some fear and excitement, creating unnecessary drama. At this point, signs were beginning to emerge that Jodi thrived on drama and knew how to create it. Was her willingness to believe fantastical stories a hint of why she would soon develop an uncanny ability to lie with abandon?

(Snipped for brevity)

I don't think what missy:jail: did was unusual when she spoke to other people about the Apocalypse after she spoke to that man. I did the same thing years ago, in my early 20s, after a trip to Tennessee and I listened to some people speak about the Apocalypse. I was concerned that maybe what they were saying was true, even tho' these people didn't give a definitive date for that event. My friends just listened and discussed the Apocalypse with me. I don't think they thought I was some kind of a nut, at least they didn't treat me like one after that. I did go to speak to my priest about it and he said that some people believe in the bible literally- very literally- and it's just how you interpret the bible that is different for Catholics and any religion. I was satisfied with what we discussed about the Apocalypse, among other things we discussed, and left it at that. I do think I was "grounded in reality", even when I thought those people might be "right" about the Apocalypse. That was their reality and I did eventually find out it wasn't mine.

I think because missy:jail: murdered Travis, that her life has come under such scrutiny- every little thing she has done in her life, is blown out of proportion. Drama? maybe- I don't really understand everything about the girl and I don't think anyone really knows what goes on in her mind. Is she crazy? Not in the psychological sense, but she obviously is a very troubled person, IMO.

INSIDE STORY: Scott Peterson's Life on Death Row

"...Blogging from Prison
Peterson's only communication with the outside world is the blogging he has done on a Web site set up by his family, where he comments on his case and news events. (The site, scottpetersonappeal.org, is currently not in operation.) Since Robinson says inmates are not allowed to have computers or access the Internet, his blogs are composed on a typewriter and mailed to his family to post...."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20271730,00.html
-------

"While reporting on life on death row at San Quentin Prison in California, journalist Nancy Mullane inadvertently took photos of Scott Peterson."

[video=youtube;Lpe_tIis4F4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpe_tIis4F4[/video]

BBM I don't understand either. Is it because the drugs used are for animals only? Seems those drugs will work for humans, too, but since I'm not a MD or nurse, I wouldn't know.

"The two injection method (for animals)

The currently favored method of euthanasia in veterinary private practice settings is that of the so-called “two injection method.”

In this approach an initial injection is given, either in the vein (IV) or in the muscle (IM), to achieve extreme sedation. A second injection is then administered IV to overdose the animal with an

anesthetic drug.

Both injections are considered “overdoses” of medications we normally use in veterinary practice for sedation, tranquilization and/or anesthesia, but not every veterinarian uses the same drugs..."

http://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvet...softly-chemical-drug-euthanasia-pets-101-5780

But I do know that some drug companies and some countries where they sell those drugs are not willing to sell the drugs used for the DP to the US anymore- so more problems.

And then there's the problem of just how effective the drugs are in a "humane" death, too.

I think more people are questioning the DP now than in previous years.

I do think that the use of drugs, if delivered correctly, is the more humane way than say hanging; the firing squad method doesn't sit well with me, neither does the electric chair(well, the whole business of the DP doesn't sit well with me anyway).

Gonna go a little off track here:
I was looking into giving my body to science after I die by way of a anatomical gift program at one of the medical colleges in Albany, NY. I thought it would be a good way to give back and save money for funerals and such for my sons. Well, I think that funerals are a big waste of money- even tho' I know that they are for the family's comfort. Put my body in a plain pine box with my favorite comforter and dress me in a nightgown and slippers and I'm all set to go- maybe all of $200 or so instead of $8000 that was spent on my mother's funeral. Or better yet, go to Aruba instead and mourn me :) .

Anyway- back to the anatomical gift program: if my sons do not agree about having my body donated to science, the college will not accept my body no matter what I may have in my will. When I spoke to my younger son, he said "whatever you want Mom", but then my older son, after researching- he's a researcher like me :)- said he wouldn't agree to it. When asked why, he said "Do you know what they can do with those bodies?" and, of course, I said no. He directed me to a book that he found on Amazon and that he read an exerpt from:

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

http://www.amazon.com/Stiff-Curious...id=1422564301&sr=1-8&keywords=anatomical+gift

They do some crazy things with dead bodies, according to this book. :scared:

He continued to say that if he agreed to the program, it would be like subjecting his mom's body to things that were done to some of the people in the Holocaust and he couldn't do it.
I have to accept what he was feeling, so I have just filed the papers that were sent to me by the college to maybe address it with my son on another day, but I don't think he will change his mind.

Now that I think of it, all this fuss for a dead body just pales in comparison to the DP, with someone who is alive- even tho' that person probably shouldn't be allowed to be in the general population anymore. Are these people better off dead? I don't know, but I know they are people, even if they are very evil people, IMO.

Just some thoughts.
I agree with you Yes or No.

quick post - I was just at the emoticon web-site that you all gave out - it popped-up with an announcement that my software might be out of date - DO NOT START DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: just get out of that page!!!!!

WARNING!!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smart lady!! Similar has been happening to a lot of us lately. Theee is a thread to post your problem, if you want. The more info you can give the better it is for Dave to track down. I haven't had it happen from the emoticons page, but it has when posting or clicking an attachment. :stormingmad:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?267311-Warning-ad-site-redirect/page7

Jodi Arias: Magic underwear, jury questions, and star State witness sink defense

"It's been another roller coaster week in Maricopa County Superior Court out of Phoenix, Arizona for the retrial of the sentencing phase of the Jodi Arias trial. In a nutshell, after Dr. Geffner and his seemingly four month filibuster of paper shuffling, State zipped through three witnesses in a few hours. And they were good witnesses. Prosecutor for the State Juan Martinez came into the rebuttal phase with his trump card, the beloved Deanna Reid. Before the angels sang hallulujah to the baby Jesus when the defense rested however, it was a process getting there..."

http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...questions-and-star-state-witness-sink-defense
-------------

Did I post this one already- I'm getting so confused with all the articles :scared: :facepalm:

Prosecution begins rebuttal in Jodi Arias retrial

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts-in-jodi-arias-sentencing-retrial/22452161/

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 1m1 minute ago
Poor Jake... @courtchatter

B8eSAUYCEAADE4j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads