SIDEBAR #40 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Responding to Niner~ "Do you all want me to keep posting snippets from Jane Velez-Mitchell's book??"

I read this.. Thought it was a pretty good book but, I really liked Shanna Hogan's Book *Picture Perfect* The Jodi Arias Story much better. I think just the style of writing was easier to read and maybe more factual.

Oops.. Sorry for the double post. Having a little trouble moving thru here today. I'm not sure if it's me or the site.

Marking my spot...thanks halfield!

OK by me, if you find interesting snippets. Tho I must say I have found a few "mistakes" or exaggerations in what she wrote that did not quite match transcripts of chats between TA and JA. I have not read her book, so I like comparing it to what I have heard.

Like what, for example? It looks like JVM talked to a lot of Travis' friends...

"Do you all want me to keep posting snippets from Jane Velez-Mitchell's book??"

I read this.. Thought it was a pretty good book but, I really liked Shanna Hogan's Book *Picture Perfect* The Jodi Arias Story much better. I think just the style of writing was easier to read and maybe more factual.

Darn... my library doesn't have that book!! :gaah: I'll have to "see" if I can find it cheap, or do you belong to the Websleuths Book Club?? :blushing: and would like to share? :happydance:

Okay - I shall start a post for the excerpts! :eek:nline:

ETA: the only reason I'm reading this book is I found it while looking for an Ann Rule book! :wave:

It's been raining since yesterday, I'm not a happy camper!
:gaah:

We could get up to 8 inches of snow on Sunday.... :stormingmad:

BBM: I watched that last night. I may be in the minority, but I think the graphic visuals of war and it's casualties NEED to be up front and center. The "sanitation" of pics and videos coming from areas of conflict since the end of Viet Nam, do a huge disservice to our sense of humanity and outrage. We are adults, we can change the channel if it "disturbs" us. But we should be "disturbed", we should be "disgusted", but we should see the reality of what war is. We need to be reminded of atrocities. And we need to know the facts.

Some may think I'm naive. I don't believe any conflict since WW2 should have involved the US. I believe every conflict since WW2 was all for the various money making machines in and around US government entities and allies. I don't believe any of the war machine has justified these incursions for "humanitarian reasons". Since Viet Nam, call me a cynic.

I totally agree!! Hubby and I recently watched the Vietnam Documentary shows on Netflix. Currently, we are watching the World War 2 ones, also on Netflix. WW2 was necessary, but all of the following wars have been totally unjustified. I guess you'll have to call me a cynic, as well.

Arresting Jodi - did not know this part! From page 105-106:

Just after 9:30a.m., Office Potter knocked on Carlton and Caroline Allen's (Jodi's mother's parents) front door, saying he was following up on the open burglary case. At that point, he executed both the arrest warrant and search warrant. Jodi was removed from the house in handcuffs and was walked down the street to a car where Det. Flores was waiting for her.
While Jodi might not have been surprised by this turn of events, her grandfather was so blindsided by the arrest that he became upset and angry, telling detectives they were wrong about his granddaughter, who he could prove had an airtight alibi. He insisted Jodi had been working at the Purple Plum when Travis had been murdered, and he demanded her immediate release, even going so far as to he would sue the Mesa Police Dept. for the false allegations. At that he asked to leave the residence, and when given permission, he went to the Purple Plum to retrieve Jodi's timesheet. He returned with a sealed white envelope, which he pushed at Det. McBride.
"I have the proof", he announced, shaking the envelope confidently. "After you and I look at this, you are going to let my granddaughter go." He opened it to reveal three photocopied pages of material. The first showed the payroll dates at the Purple Plum, and the second page showed the dates Jodi had worked during the month of May. The third sheet, the one Jodi's grandfather was counting on, unfortunately showed that her last day of work before she quit had been May 31--five days before Travis' death.
It took a moment for Jodi's grandfather to absorb that what he thought was Jodi's alibi was worthless. He apologized for his error, saying he was only trying to help her. He had honestly thought she was at work that day. The officer concurred that he would have probably done the same thing for a member of his family.

page 106:

Meanwhile, in the rental car, police executed another search warrant and found evidence that suggested Jodi was planning to leave town. They speculated that she had gotten word about the indictment and that they were closing in on her, because the rental car was indeed packed with boxes of books and Jodi's clothing in suitcases, much as the surveillance team had observed. Hidden among the clothes were two knives and ammunition for a 9 mm handgun, but no gun was found. A few weeks later, however, police received a call from someone at Hertz rental car at San Francisco Intl Airport. While the white Chevy Cobalt that Jodi had rented was being serviced and cleaned, a 9 mm gun had been discovered hidden in the wheel well.

So, her mother didn't call police regarding the gun - or is this one of JVM's mistakes?? :waitasec:

from page 107:
Jodi would claim she bought the gun because she had been planning to drive to Monterey to kill herself, not wanting to commit suicide in her hometown near her family." This would not be the last time Jodi would explain away suspicious behavior by saying she was driven by thoughts of suicide.

:waitasec: I thought she bought the gun to go camping/gold panning with a bunch stranger guys?? I know I have a lot of :waitasec: on this post! LOL!

from page 115: (Travis arrived at Sky & Chris' house for the get-together and church the next morning)

Travis arrived by 9 p.m. He brought a few G-rated movies with him. Adhering to the Mormon faith, he never dabbled in anything rated R. He even had a filter on his home DVD player that would block any content above a PG rating. He never cursed, but used substitute words that were acceptable replacements, with Mother-Freaker being a perfect example.

so... no *advertiser censored*...

from page 116: (next day at Sky & Chris' - Travis' version of "what" happened that night - I haven't heard this part before!)
While no one doubted that Travis went to Jodi's room that night, the story seemed bizarre to a lot of Travis' friends. Sky said it was a lie, and based her opinion on a conversation she had with Travis in the kitchen the following morning. She was in the kitchen when Travis came downstairs with a huge smile on his face and what Sky described as an "I'm cool" walk.
"Oh gosh, what did you do?" Sky asked.
"I left her wanting", was Travis's sly response.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Sky asked.
"Well," Travis responded, "I went in there, we were talking and we started kissing and it got a little more heated. And I said, 'I want you to know that I respect you, and I don't want you to regret anything and let's move slowly'".
And then, Travis told Sky, he left the room, which was what he thought was so funny. Sky took that to mean no sexual activity beyond kissing occurred. Still, while it's hard to know whether or not Travis' words to Sky were the whole story, it seemed pretty clear that an intense make-out session had occurred. Others noted that Jodi's story seemed odd in another respect: the idea that a man would aggressively insist on performing cunnilingus on a woman he'd just met didn't ring true to many people. Ultimately it was anybody's guess how far things went, but something had happened, as Travis boasted that Jodi "wanted the T-Dogg."

more coming...

It's been raining since yesterday, I'm not a happy camper!
:gaah:

Neither are lurk reporters covering Superbowl ~~ however we have had some beautiful days here!!!!
go Seahawks!!!! So much excitement here with our teams and of course the twelves! !! Boom!! :) :) ;)

We could get up to 8 inches of snow on Sunday.... :stormingmad:
--------
Oh No!!! I'm Ohio , N.E.. it will leave you and come here! we have about two inches or 3 now. I'm not too far from Cleveland and Great Lake Erie. It's cold!! :freakedout:

Darn... my library doesn't have that book!! :gaah: I'll have to "see" if I can find it cheap, or do you belong to the Websleuths Book Club?? :blushing: and would like to share? :happydance:

ETA: the only reason I'm reading this book is I found it while looking for an Ann Rule book! :wave:

There is a Websleuths book club? I didn't know that. Is it in a separate thread? I just finished JVM's book--Exposed, The Secret Life of Jodi Arias. It is hardcover. I'd love passing it along to a fellow Websleuther.

ETA: I just found the thread. So cool!!!

this is when Jodi met with Travis at Starbucks and got the book of Mormon and the diddling in the parking lot...
Page 118:

Jodi later said she felt "maybe just a little deflated." She was also a little disappointed in herself, having never been intimate that quickly before. She later said she got a voice mail from Travis, in which he expressed misgivings about the experience.

re bold - surrrre... Jodi... and I have a bridge to sell you!!

Page 118:
Travis' friends believe Jodi twisted her tale to make Travis the sexual aggressor when in reality, they believed, it was actually the other way around. While by all accounts Travis had been a virgin well into his twenties, Jodi had lost her virginity as a teenager and had been sexually active ever since. Josh Denne, a good-looking friend of Travis's, said he met Jodi around the very time Travis did and couldn't help but notice she gave off a very sexual vibe. Josh said, "she would just put out that "Look, I'm available... how ya doin'? I'm interested" type of energy about her." Josh said Travis was "a babe in the woods" sexually. He had never been exposed to women who used sex as a tool, so he was likely blind to what Josh was picking up on.

That I believe about Travis being "a babe in the woods" about how Jodi played him! :gaah:

from Page 121: (Okay - I've never read this before - sky's account of what happened after the baptism, which took place at the LDS church in Palm Desert (Jodi's town).

...After the ceremony, the two went back to her house - {now wasn't that a motel in her testiphony?}, began to kiss, and got intimate again.
Sky was at the baptism that day and said it was an awkward ceremony, with not many people in attendance. But, more than that, she doubted Jodi's recollection was accurate. She seemed to recall Travis going back to her house after the ritual, contradicting Jodi's version. Sky note that Jodi's vivid juxtaposition of religious and sexual rites seemed designed to inspire anger against Travis and sympathy for her. Jodi's absurd anecdote wasn't just about anal sex; it was anal sex after a baptism, a sacred ceremony.

from page 143: (interesting!! again I've never read this before!)

For one thing, sky felt increasingly uncomfortable with what she saw as Jodi's calculated attempts to make Travis jealous. Sky got the impression that Jodi wanted Travis to think that other men were pursuing her, so that Travis would know he had competition and commit to marrying her before she got away. Sky said one time, at a hotel, Jodi kept walking past an open door where a group of men were involved in a business meeting. "She goes down to where the door's open, flips her hair, primps in front of the mirrors and walks back and she does it like a couple of times," Sky recalled. "And I'm like 'What's she doing?' This is bizarre. And she's like, 'Oh my gosh, that guy won't leave me alone. I think he's going to talk to me... If he talks to me, tell him I'm Travis Alexander's girlfriend.' So a guy comes out, talks to her, and she looks at me and I say, 'Oh, she has a boyfriend.' And, then after he leaves she says, 'Why didn't you tell him I am Travis Alexander's girlfriend?' Why would it matter? It was just really weird. She was so possessed... If he left the room, she would ask, "Where's Travis? Where's Travis? Where'd Travis go?' It was disturbing."

that's it for now! Will read more tonight, and if anything interesting pops up or I've never read/seen it before I shall post!

:wave:

GO PATRIOTS!!

:cheer: :great: :cheer:

how do you share books at the Book Club? Via snail mail?

BBM
Re slashed tires
Per most reports, the tires were slashed in February, 4 months before his death. This may only be a minor change. I honestly have not read the book, but from snippets I have seen she has a few others, at least, that are slightly different than transcripts reported.

According to JVM book: (Retrial 1/29-weekend thread, #343)
Then, also in December, there was vandalism against Travis’ car when his tires were slashed. Even more strange was the fact that, the next day, Jodi called him nonchalantly on his cellphone, and when he told her about his four tires being slashed, she came right over to pick him up for the trip to the mechanic, sort of like the arsonist phoning in about the fire.

according to transcript of talk bet. TA & JA May 26:

http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/2014/12/timeline-of-journal-and-messages.html
TA- "You stole my journals, you slashed my tires, and I know it. You can never tell the truth"
JA - "I may be a coward, I may be a *advertiser censored*, but the one thing I am not is violent. I did not slash your tires

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-jury-police-complaint-tire-slashing/story?id=19064576
The call, made to the Mesa Police Department on Feb. 2, 2008, has not been introduced in court, despite testimony regarding tire slashing from multiple witnesses during the four month-long trial of Jodi Arias,

this is when Jodi met with Travis at Starbucks and got the book of Mormon and the diddling in the parking lot...
Page 118:

Jodi later said she felt "maybe just a little deflated." She was also a little disappointed in herself, having never been intimate that quickly before. She later said she got a voice mail from Travis, in which he expressed misgivings about the experience.

re bold - surrrre... Jodi... and I have a bridge to sell you!!

Page 118:
Travis' friends believe Jodi twisted her tale to make Travis the sexual aggressor when in reality, they believed, it was actually the other way around. While by all accounts Travis had been a virgin well into his twenties, Jodi had lost her virginity as a teenager and had been sexually active ever since. Josh Denne, a good-looking friend of Travis's, said he met Jodi around the very time Travis did and couldn't help but notice she gave off a very sexual vibe. Josh said, "she would just put out that "Look, I'm available... how ya doin'? I'm interested" type of energy about her." Josh said Travis was "a babe in the woods" sexually. He had never been exposed to women who used sex as a tool, so he was likely blind to what Josh was picking up on.

That I believe about Travis being "a babe in the woods" about how Jodi played him! :gaah:

from Page 121: (Okay - I've never read this before - sky's account of what happened after the baptism, which took place at the LDS church in Palm Desert (Jodi's town).

...After the ceremony, the two went back to her house - {now wasn't that a motel in her testiphony?}, began to kiss, and got intimate again.
Sky was at the baptism that day and said it was an awkward ceremony, with not many people in attendance. But, more than that, she doubted Jodi's recollection was accurate. She seemed to recall Travis going back to her house after the ritual, contradicting Jodi's version. Sky note that Jodi's vivid juxtaposition of religious and sexual rites seemed designed to inspire anger against Travis and sympathy for her. Jodi's absurd anecdote wasn't just about anal sex; it was anal sex after a baptism, a sacred ceremony.

from page 143: (interesting!! again I've never read this before!)

For one thing, sky felt increasingly uncomfortable with what she saw as Jodi's calculated attempts to make Travis jealous. Sky got the impression that Jodi wanted Travis to think that other men were pursuing her, so that Travis would know he had competition and commit to marrying her before she got away. Sky said one time, at a hotel, Jodi kept walking past an open door where a group of men were involved in a business meeting. "She goes down to where the door's open, flips her hair, primps in front of the mirrors and walks back and she does it like a couple of times," Sky recalled. "And I'm like 'What's she doing?' This is bizarre. And she's like, 'Oh my gosh, that guy won't leave me alone. I think he's going to talk to me... If he talks to me, tell him I'm Travis Alexander's girlfriend.' So a guy comes out, talks to her, and she looks at me and I say, 'Oh, she has a boyfriend.' And, then after he leaves she says, 'Why didn't you tell him I am Travis Alexander's girlfriend?' Why would it matter? It was just really weird. She was so possessed... If he left the room, she would ask, "Where's Travis? Where's Travis? Where'd Travis go?' It was disturbing."

that's it for now! Will read more tonight, and if anything interesting pops up or I've never read/seen it before I shall post!

:wave:

GO PATRIOTS!!

:cheer: :great: :cheer:
Thanks for the posts.

P.S. I hope the Patriots win too!!

On my way, daisymae! Sweet!!:loveyou:

Looks like Sharapova and Serena will be playing at 3 AM late tonight / early AM. Good thing I slept half the day! Don't want to miss this. :rockon: Serena!!!!

Tricia did a radio interview with the lady that wrote the other book on JA.
It is a very interesting interview and gives lots of insight into JVM as well as, JA.
I think everyone might be very surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735