SIDEBAR #40 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------
Spellbound stop off and pick me up please. I cant drive , no car , no insurance .:back: :hilarious: :loveyou:

WS road trip to the south! Everyone invited. LOL I have plenty of floor space for blow up beds.

I'm waiting, if per chance, someone from inside the investigation or prosecution writes a book.

They would have privy to all the witness interviews, Grand Jury testimony, and evidence (whether admitted into court or not). I don't believe they would embellish the facts or give credence to someone who's "beefed up" their story for whatever reason. I'm ready for something along Bugliosi's "Helter Skelter", Capote's "In Cold Blood", Rule's "Small Sacrifices", Mailer's "The Executioner's Song", Graysmith's "Zodiac", McGinniss' "Fatal Vision", Howard's "The Zebra Killings"<----(wonder if any of you have read this one?), or even Wambaugh's "The Onion Field".

*I like books with lots of pages, fiction/non-fiction with 350+/- pages take me about a day, day and 1/2 to read, finding something that can keep me reading for days, or a week, is what I really like, IF the author is GOOD*

One of these days, I'll get a list together of the true crime books I've read. There's some pretty good ones that aren't "headline cases".

--------
Spellbound stop off and pick me up please. I cant drive , no car , no insurance .:back: :hilarious: :loveyou:

OK will do... We have to leave early. You may have 8-10 inches of the dreadful white stuff coming (near Sandusky area :yeahthat: :snowflake: ). Want to be sure we beat that! :loveyou:

Tricia did a radio interview with the lady that wrote the other book on JA.
It is a very interesting interview and gives lots of insight into JVM as well as, JA.
I think everyone might be very surprised.

Can you tell us more? Surprised about?

A wonderful '60's playlist for all my lovely peeps:

[video=youtube;Wqw1MGEHKNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqw1MGEHKNE&amp;index=1&amp;list=RDWqw1MGEHKNE[/video]

Neither are lurk reporters covering Superbowl ~~ however we have had some beautiful days here!!!!
go Seahawks!!!! So much excitement here with our teams and of course the twelves! !! Boom!! :) :) ;)

Whoops, go Seahawks. :)

SERENA WON! She just beat Martina's and Chrissy's 18 major titles for her 19th. Amazing game! WOW

Good_Morning_Sun-72cf69d2533be3359d914a48417b7f6f.png

Link: http://cdn.mdjunction.com/component...ning_Sun-72cf69d2533be3359d914a48417b7f6f.png
---------------------------

Have a good breakfast everyone:

gkfVzY-tNVv7sfvbxcGRoZMqKd8lr86JG9Y-EiBo8ek=.jpg

Link: http://i2.tagstat.com/p1/0/gkfVzY-tNVv7sfvbxcGRoZMqKd8lr86JG9Y-EiBo8ek=.jpg
-------------------------------

Prosecutor tries to unravel Arias mitigation testimony

"...And over the next few weeks, Martinez is expected to seat a Mesa police computer analyst to knock down allegations that Alexander's personal computer was rife with *advertiser censored*. And he will present a psychologist who testified about Arias in her first trial in 2013, when Arias was found guilty of first-degree murder..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-unravel-arias-mitigation-testimony/22591125/
------------------------

Jodi & Travis: From Attraction to Assassination

"...Let's take a psychological journey through the lives of both Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander to see if some light can be shed on this tragic situation and see how their relationship progressed from a magnetic attraction to a brutal assassination...."

http://www.xojanedoe.com/2013/05/jodi-travis-from-attraction-to.html#more
---------------------

Diagnosing Jodi: Profile of a Murderess

"...In our minds, we can't make sense of the dichotomous aspects of Jodi herself. She is calm as a clam as she lies to detectives and media reporters. She is articulate on the stand as she tells her story in front of the world using a broad vocabulary and seemingly flawless memory. She is confident in the face of aggressive prosecutor Juan Martinez during cross-examination. She is an attractive young Mormon woman with a soft voice. Yet, she is also the woman who brutally murdered a man whom she loved and showed no remorse after the fact. ..."

http://www.xojanedoe.com/2013/05/diagnosing-jodi-profile-of-murderess.html
-------------------

Sheriff Arpaio to run for re-election in 2016

http://www.abc15.com/news/state/sheriff-arpaio-to-run-for-re-election-in-2016
--------------------------

Last night on the History 2 channel, I heard an interesting line in a commercial: "If you want to know if someone is telling the truth, have them tell you the story backwards."

I wonder how JA would handle this.

YesorNo. Breakfast looks great but that pot of tea is what is on my mind. 9 degrees here with 8-12 inches of snow on its way for Sunday evening into Monday. The wind is howling. It is expected to be frigid all weak. One of the weathermen said the terrible cold would likely last for 2 weeks. Hating it. I am assuming when trial starts up again on Monday, I will be here sitting in my living room watching and not at work. Can we fast forward to April?

Is this a record for the most high-profile trials happening at the same time? Jodi Arias, Etan Patz' killer, Boston Bomber, Aaron Rodriguez, Vanderbilt Rape? All have received national attention.

I am sorry guys but I have searched the WS site several times and cant find out how to "mark my place". Every time I come here, I have to figure out where I was or write it down before I check out. I have tried the "Last read" option but it always just brings me to the last post on the thread. Help!!!! TIA

Can you tell us more? Surprised about?

I would love to tell you more. I was looking for the radio program that Tricia did but I can't seem to find it. Tricia can probably tell us which one it was.

The person who was writing a book about JA and TA some how showed JVM the information and JVM used her information to write the book and got it out first.

She *The radio interviewee" (Is that a word) had been gathering this information way before TA case became a big deal. JVM, I hate to say, stole the information, but that is what she did So if some of the information is not accurate JVM probably did not know as much detail and just filled it in.

I would not buy JVM book because of this. It was not a nice thing to do. She tells it all on the radio program. Now if I could just find which of Tricia's programs she was on.

It was really a nasty stunt that JVM did. If anyone finds which one of Tricia's program she was on please let me know. If we can't find it, I will contact Tricia to see which one it was on. I just hate to contact her at this time.

Does anyone listen to Tricia's radio programs?

I pretty much agree with you, Frigga, but if they do not take the stand for her, or get up and beg for her life ...... then I will give them a tiny bit of kudos for not getting up there to lie. Maybe they, along with KN, are just letting her go through the motions. I do not believe she has ever been told "no." We shall soon see.

Well they played the sex tape! IIRC Jodi's mom did want to get on the stand at the last sentencing but DT refused.

I am sorry guys but I have searched the WS site several times and cant find out how to "mark my place". Every time I come here, I have to figure out where I was or write it down before I check out. I have tried the "Last read" option but it always just brings me to the last post on the thread. Help!!!! TIA

You can just subscribe to the thread-go to thread tools up at the top of the page, and check which subscription tool you want.

Well they played the sex tape! IIRC Jodi's mom did want to get on the stand at the last sentencing but DT refused.

Arias's parents cant get on the stand. They would then have to explain all their statements to police when JA was first arrested. They said things about JA that would scuttle anything nice they tried to say now. Actually better off to have jury wonder why they didn't talk at all than to have to explain the statements (on video, no less) they made in 2008.

how do you share books at the Book Club? Via snail mail?

Hi Spellbound :wave:
Here's the link to the Book Club, and yes, it would be snail mail.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?66-Websleuths-Book-Club

I haven't been there in ages, as I been reading books from my library. I finished ALL of Karin Slaughter, Patricia Cornwall and Kathy Reichs (Bones) books. Now starting on Ann Rule. Any more suggestions on Fiction murder mystery writers?? Just a side-note, Kathy Reichs who writes the Bones books is married to a Latvian!! :loveyou:

It is supposed to be 66 here today!

Oh Daisymae - you did a spoiler!! Haven't watched the tennis match yet... wonder if I will, now that I KNOW who won... but you did say it was a good match!

Okay - off to read other threads!

:seeya:

Oh - a couple of more excerpts from JVM book. I noticed some have mentioned that JVM wrote her book from "other" people's writing; that I don't doubt - I did notice quite a few things that don't jive with the transcripts!

Try posting here! More folks asking same question, Dave will follow up for us! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?256011-Issues-with-the-new-forum -Issues-with-the-new-forum

I posted same thing 2 days ago, and waiting on Dave!

In the ol' days (before new server) when I refreshed a page, it would automatically go to where I was last reading as to the post #. Now, when I refresh, it goes way before where I was and I have to roll and scroll down to find my reading place. Is that the same with everyone now, or can I make it do what it used to do.

Also, some threads have at the top of the page "view first unread" (to the left of "thread tools/search thread/display) and some don't. These are all multipage theads. Why the difference? NOTE: I usually have multiple threads open at once if that matters.

TIA

from page 164 - never "heard" or seen this - Clancy Talbot's side of the "drunken" moment holding onto Travis' arm/Travis flirting per Jodi. WOW! What a Beotch or what??!! :lol:

Clancy said she was flabbergasted when the following day, Jodi followed her into the ladies' room and confronted her. As Clancy recalled recently, Jodi "comes in and says, 'I just want you to know Travis and I are an item now. We're a couple. We're together. And I'm not upset with you as much as I am with him. I'm mostly upset with him.' And she's shaking and she's angry... and she kept saying it over and over." Clancy said she felt intimidated as Jodi tried to block the exit door. "I couldn't leave, and she was standing really close to my face. She was talking and while she's talking, she's really angry and shaking. And she just kept saying over and over that I just want you to know that Travis and I are boyfriend and girlfriend. We're a couple. We're an item. We are together." Clancy stared back at Jodi, before brushing past her. "I just thought 'you are so crazy." And, then, I left."

from page 171 - oops - another lie - why am NOT surprised - worked for free?

Meanwhile, Jodi was settling into Mesa life. She got a job at P.F. Chang's restaurant, and according to Jodi, when Travis offered to pay her to clean his house, she accepted, needing the supplemental income. He was going to pay her $12.50 an hour for sixteen hours a week, giving her an additional $200 weekly. It is unclear if Travis ever paid Jodi, as some of his friends said that it was Jodi who had offered to clean his house for free. One of his friends recalled how on one occasion Travis told him that no matter what Travis did, he couldn't get rid of Jodi, explaining how she'd even offered to clean his house for free just to be around him. Another friend, Sky Hughes, said Travis was often too busy to see Jodi, which was why she offered to clean - just to be near him.

Part II of the book is about the trial. Nothing "new" that I've read so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735