SIDEBAR #43 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes/No, I know that kirk is just doing his job and he is doing a good job considering his client.

Like everyone else, I am tired of the victim bashing and the poor mentally ill girl that slaughtered him.

How many more times do we have to hear about Travis conversing with several women at the same time and viewing *advertiser censored*????????? SO WHAT!!!

Interesting that kirk mentioned Dr.D's testimony several times and then if I am not mistaken, bashed Dr. D.

I think that the killer is trying to cry in that photo. If she does, it will mess up her make-up. I guess the killer has finally realized that she will be
changing 'facilities' very very soon. Easy street will be over forever.

Is everyone mad at kirk now??? I just saw a few tweets and I was ready to lose my lunch.

This is such an emotional day and will be for several more days.

Please let Travis get the justice he deserves.

Never stopped being mad at nurmi. I am over the *advertiser censored*!!! Cmja also used a few "*advertiser censored*" terms as well. This is disgusting ~~i was hoping Uss would put some sort of time restraint on closing argument ls. :(

Bernina

Thanks for the tweets- I know how much work it is (especially today with so many tweeters twittering today).

:blowkiss:

I have to kind of sort through them before I post them, looking for DT statements, jury and gallery observations, trying to stay away from "opinions" if you know what I mean.

I don't remember anything about this sexual abuse at age 2 with CMJA, but in closings, attorneys can say just about anything without proof.

I sure hope that "victim bashing" doesn't go well with the jurors.

You may be right, Y/N, but I find his style/mannerisms to be a deterrent if I try to think as if I was a juror in the courtroom. I don't think I follow him very well. The fewer words the better, if you are able to do so. I am not good at that myself, and he may not be either. But it gets old after a while. JMO, of course.

ETA: I do realize he has nothing much to work with and an obstinate client. I could never, ever be a defense lawyer.

Everyone's style is different and Lawrence's style is slow, with lots of verbiage :floorlaugh: Sometimes slow is good (as in the rabbit and the turtle tale).

He did get at least a few jurors in the main trial to see missy's:jail: side and he may now- who knows. I hope not for the Alexander's sake.

I have to kind of sort through them before I post them, looking for DT statements, jury and gallery observations, trying to stay away from "opinions" if you know what I mean.

I don't remember anything about this sexual abuse at age 2 with CMJA, but in closings, attorneys can say just about anything without proof.

BBM I know exactly what you mean and I really appreciate that.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh- I have to leave now to go post tweets in the Amer Sniper trial :gaah:

Top news story
Media Beast ‏@Mediabeast3 3h3 hours ago
Closing Arguments Near in 'American Sniper' Trial: The trial resumes in Texas two days after the Oscars. http://nbcnews.to/1BNxve6

Take good notes Bernina and I'll be back later.

Somewhere through today's posts on the retrial thread, someone said it wasn't supposed to be age 2, but the # 2 mitigating factor on the list. I didn't check to see if SA was #2.

I was thinking the same!! But how does one remember these things from such a young age?

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 26s27 seconds ago
KN mentions Geffner. Brings up the abuse from Bobby. "JA suffered so much abuse as a child & now found herself in an abuse relship w/ him."

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 31s32 seconds ago
Nurmi moves on to #JodiArias former BF Matt McCarney and reiterates "this girl in the snapshot whose life is in YOUR hands" #abc15

B-oJ-aLUUAMM5jL.jpg

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 39s39 seconds ago
Nurmi circles around in front of jury continuously returning to projector to change photos of #JodiArias

Jarrett Seltzer ‏@JarrettSeltzer 33s33 seconds ago
Nurmi remains slow paced and calm, throws in every now and again that "this girls fate is in your hands" #jodiarias

-------------
I can only pray Juan shows picture of Travis on autopsy table with his mouth gaping open. That says it all. Juan could warn Alexanders that pic. is coming up.
Jury needs to be reminded of what was left. God hold Travis in the palms of Your Hands ...(((HUGS))). Noreen.

I know some on here are trying to make excuses for KN but in my opinion there are none. HE doesn't have to use JA lies to destroy TA reputation. IMO he is suborning perjury. He knows she is lying. HE knows the letters were faked, he, most of all, knows her to be a manipulating piece of human garbage and yet he uses her info and lies to destroy a man who was viciously butchered by his client, not his victim. NO EXCUSES for that.

I was thinking the same!! But how does one remember these things from such a young age?

Manifests as behaviors, fear of adults, trying to be unnoticed, under or over weight (subconscious effort to be "unattractive"), sexual inappropriateness, cutting, anorexia, bulimia, fight or flight reactions, shy/timid in groups, etc................and later turning into panic disorder and anxioty when the victim is safe within their life and surroundings usually late 20's, early 30's....then therapy and PTSD

That's just an example. Lots of variables. Sometimes you'll get "flashes" of incidents but won't make or refuse to make a connection.

I know some on here are trying to make excuses for KN but in my opinion there are none. HE doesn't have to use JA lies to destroy TA reputation. IMO he is suborning perjury. He knows she is lying. HE knows the letters were faked, he, most of all, knows her to be a manipulating piece of human garbage and yet he uses her info and lies to destroy a man who was viciously butchered by his client, not his victim. NO EXCUSES for that.

I don't think anyone is giving him excuses. Nurmi is just using, to the fullest extent, what the laws currently allow him. He can repeat any BS his client tells him WITHOUT PROOF, even if he "believes" she is a liar.
It's also a "catch 22" if his client tells him they're guilty. If he tries to get removed as counsel, the court views it as his client is guilty and he KNOWS it, thus causing prejudice for the next counsel...........it really sucks.
Laws REALLY need to be in place to protect the rights of victims, ALL victims.

I respectfully disagree. No man who uses vulgarity and sex talk as often and gleefully as he does is a good man. He knows his client is lying and actually helps her further her lies and destruction of her victim, TA. He enjoys this and it shows. He hates JM and that shows. Very unprofessional and thin skinned. He is sickening in or out of the courtroom. He enjoys what he does and that makes him a BAD lawyer not a good one. Good people don't do what KN does. And that is my opinion

Manifests as behaviors, fear of adults, trying to be unnoticed, under or over weight (subconscious effort to be "unattractive"), sexual inappropriateness, cutting, anorexia, bulimia, fight or flight reactions, shy/timid in groups, etc................and later turning into panic disorder and anxioty when the victim is safe within their life and surroundings usually late 20's, early 30's....then therapy and PTSD

That's just an example. Lots of variables. Sometimes you'll get "flashes" of incidents but won't make or refuse to make a connection.

I sincerely didnt mean to undermine anyones experience~~but in my humble opinion cmja "abuse" happened the same way cfca did--in her mind while in jail looking/seeking a defense. Whatever sticks

You may be right, Y/N, but I find his style/mannerisms to be a deterrent if I try to think as if I was a juror in the courtroom. I don't think I follow him very well. The fewer words the better, if you are able to do so. I am not good at that myself, and he may not be either. But it gets old after a while. JMO, of course.

ETA: I do realize he has nothing much to work with and an obstinate client. I could never, ever be a defense lawyer.

There is a very good article on attorneys and their abilities. I think it is on Corruption crime compliance.com written by a Federal Attorney, Michael Voklov. He says KN is a horrible attorney, (my words) he says he talks too much and loses the jury and he treats the states witnesses with no respect and that hurts with jurors. He doesn't have anything good to say about JW either. He does say JM is a good attorney but gets off track sometimes and doesn't follow thru on occasion and confuses the jury but he does get some major hits at times and has a very good conviction record. He believes JM is a man with a cause and a good man. He does not say KN is a good man nor does he say much of anything about JW. But he has a lot to say about JSS and none of it is good. You should check out his site. Last comment: Eventually we will see this on a tv show and how a cold blooded murderer and her band of merry attoreys can manipulaate and obfuscate our criminal justice system.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 2m2 minutes ago
No one is sitting next to @troyhaydenfox10. I hope he doesn't get lonely. Maybe I should switch seats. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Starting out with a sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jarrett Seltzer ‏@JarrettSeltzer 2m2 minutes ago
We've got young jodi pictures back up #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi is going over what he talked about this morning just in case lunch put the jury in a fog #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 2m2 minutes ago
Nurmi recapping argument before lunch - "She is more than this event..." #jodiarias

KN has said "mentally ill" 3 times in 3 minutes #jodiarias #3tvarias Oh make that 4

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 41s41 seconds ago
Judge warns gallery not to have any outbursts during closing arguments. Then brings jury in. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 51s52 seconds ago
Nurmi heading down the PTSD highway. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 38s39 seconds ago
KN says all this came into play before the murder....her mentally illness, the abuse #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jarrett Seltzer ‏@JarrettSeltzer 39s40 seconds ago
Nurmi is talking a bit louder this afternoon. I think it's a good call. Don't want food comas + quiet talking #JodiArias

3 Dr.'s with 30 years experience diagnosed Jodi with PTSD...except Dr. DeMarte who had one year experience #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 1m1 minute ago
Dr. Janeen DeMarte was the only one who didn't diagnose #JodiArias with PTSD. Nurmi says, "Are we to believe her without the experience?"

roy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 43s44 seconds ago
"The mind doesn't have to remember, but the trauma is there." Nurmi #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 13s13 seconds ago
Judge warned people during opening statements as well because of graphic autopsy photos. Juan may be getting close to being up.#JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 22s23 seconds ago
Nurmi on PTSD: you don't have to remember trauma for it to have an effect.#JodiArias

Jarrett Seltzer ‏@JarrettSeltzer 8s9 seconds ago
Jury appears to be more focused than right before lunch. #JodiArias I attribute it to Nurmi picking it up a bit

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 27s27 seconds ago
KN saying the jury should trust Geffner over trusting Dr. DeMarte KN-Jodi's journals show she had PTSD #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8s8 seconds ago
A couple of the supporters sitting on #jodiarias side are wearing huge purple domestic violence ribbons.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 13s13 seconds ago
"We don't know when she got PTSD, but we know she has it now." Nurmi #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 21s22 seconds ago
KN-#jodiarias had a mental impairment she carried with her

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 4s5 seconds ago
Nurmi asks if #jodiarias already had PTSD and carried it into her "tumultuous" relationship with Travis Alexander.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 33s34 seconds ago
Nurmi on the final mitigating factor now. psych makeup imparied her ability to cope w/her relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!