SIDEBAR #43 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness, but who would expect such a wait for a baby at the end of this horrific trial? Geevee, I feel like an expectant aunt here. Wish this board gave a ding-ding when it got a new post. I am going to get carpal tunnel symptoms checking back.

Happy, Happy baby to be. :happydance: I hope you aren't sitting there all alone while you wait.

And the quilt is so beautiful!! Good job, G'ma!
(ticklegram.... that makes a cute name. :giggle: Sorry, Tickgram, but we have officially changed your name, I think)

Goodness, but who would expect such a wait for a baby at the end of this horrific trial? Geevee, I feel like an expectant aunt here. Wish this board gave a ding-ding when it got a new post. I am going to get carpal tunnel symptoms checking back.

Happy, Happy baby to be. :happydance: I hope you aren't sitting there all alone while you wait.

And the quilt is so beautiful!! Good job, G'ma!
(ticklegram.... that makes a cute name. :giggle: Sorry, Tickgram, but we have officially changed your name, I think)

I know what you mean Spellbound, I don't think any of us can properly say goodbye to Travis, he's become the friend we've never met and never want to let go of, but finishing the road to justice for him while welcoming a new life to the world I can't help but to think he'd be all right with that.

No word for 2 hours now, it must really be on.

I know what you mean Spellbound, I don't think any of us can properly say goodbye to Travis, he's become the friend we've never met and never want to let go of, but finishing the road to justice for him while welcoming a new life to the world I can't help but to think he'd be all right with that.

No word for 2 hours now, it must really be on.

You must be so excited, Geevee! (Concerned for your daughter too, but...) :loveyou:

I found that panel on eBay so didn't have to piece any of the top together, it has an 'ultra cuddle' minkie backing since that's what she requested (goodness that stuff is hard to quilt on a regular sewing machine lol), and hand sewed the binding on the backside (since that minkie wouldn't behave so I could machine sew it on both side). I've been teaching myself to quilt the past about two years, nothing fancy since I'm still kinda scared about it. lol Here's the whole quilt, it was hard to find anything owl-y that had primarily boy colors but they liked this one, thought it was suitable for a macho-man to be. ;)

View attachment 69876

Twins for your first? Holy cow, that had to be a struggle of a first pregnancy Dmacky, and yep, this is her first (and my first grandbaby, my eldest daughter is still waiting for the right time lol).

You did a great job, geevee. I love it. Always wanted to learn to make quilts. Perfect. Your grandson will love it, too.

They were called about an hour and a half ago, they're at the hospital and getting the inducing underway.

I've never known anyone who was induced, does it have any effect on the length of the labor or just gets things started and labor proceeds as it would have it normally come about?

Unfortunately, longer! But...

You did a great job, geevee. I love it. Always wanted to learn to make quilts. Perfect. Your grandson will love it, too.

Thanks Lambchop :), I just loved that panel when I saw it and knew I could never manage to make a top that cute. The big quilt I'm working on now is just squares and strips sewn to a lattice design but quite daunting, sewing a really straight line twice has never been my forté. lol

No more news yet on the baby but I'll post as soon as I hear something.

LOL! I had an epidural with this daughter since I had to have a c-section after the first one (they cut me up and down instead of side to side because of the rush), I feel clueless about regular delivery, and we even took Lamaze classes to get all ready for natural childbirth. lol

-------------
Me too geevee. My little girl died. My son csection too , too big for me. the up and down really hurts. hope all goes well for your DD..((hugs)).:baby:

I found that panel on eBay so didn't have to piece any of the top together, it has an 'ultra cuddle' minkie backing since that's what she requested (goodness that stuff is hard to quilt on a regular sewing machine lol), and hand sewed the binding on the backside (since that minkie wouldn't behave so I could machine sew it on both side). I've been teaching myself to quilt the past about two years, nothing fancy since I'm still kinda scared about it. lol Here's the whole quilt, it was hard to find anything owl-y that had primarily boy colors but they liked this one, thought it was suitable for a macho-man to be. ;)

View attachment 69876

Twins for your first? Holy cow, that had to be a struggle of a first pregnancy Dmacky, and yep, this is her first (and my first grandbaby, my eldest daughter is still waiting for the right time lol).

Oh wow, thanks for the bigger picture that shows how darn adorable it is !!!
I envy you, I can't even sew a button on straight. :giggle:

No, my twins were my second babies. I had an epidural with my first daughter, and had her naturally. Had to have a C-section with the twins, but luckily they gave me the "bikini" cut. I can't imagine bring cut straight down. OUCH.... I've had kids both ways and vaginally is the easiest way bar none! That C section was awful.

View attachment 69876

Babies are such a blessing. The quilt is beautiful. I crocheted a pink/blue baby afghan for my 7 month old grandson. I am now crocheting a blue based one because he's not so much a baby anymore. He likes it I think because he can put his fingers in the holes. I also quilt but don't do patterns. I like to work with blocks and striped but crocheting is much more portable so I accomplish much more. Anyone who wants to crouchet but doesn't think they can should check out granny square blankets on UTube. It's really not that hard.

Waiting on the baby!

Heeeere's Anderson!!!

Born at 8:24 p.m., weighing in at 6 lb. 8 oz.

Grandson.jpg

-------------
Me too geevee. My little girl died. My son csection too , too big for me. the up and down really hurts. hope all goes well for your DD..((hugs)).:baby:

((((hugs)))) Nore, I'm so sorry about the loss of your little girl, I can't imagine anything so painful. :(

Oh wow, thanks for the bigger picture that shows how darn adorable it is !!!
I envy you, I can't even sew a button on straight. :giggle:

No, my twins were my second babies. I had an epidural with my first daughter, and had her naturally. Had to have a C-section with the twins, but luckily they gave me the "bikini" cut. I can't imagine bring cut straight down. OUCH.... I've had kids both ways and vaginally is the easiest way bar none! That C section was awful.

Sorry D, I misunderstood about the order - the csections were tough, esp. that first walk they make you do within 24 hours, with staples in your belly holding everything in, holy moly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89