SIDEBAR #44 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone!
Daisy, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. It is always so hard.

Happy National Chili Day!!!

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...Vh-VleMjCxVgLrE55HuHJcinvMCg7-YNbwurmYxdr3QT-
-----------

Here you go- Texas Chili- NO beans: :facepalm:

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...wLZxPLQ6rCYVVw7x2roI2wDA7Kz0C2H8m9O6EI6Jhi9kr
---------------------

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...2bfMWR43eXIwaAHEc_kTKaxDlB6SYzuIfpW6pU4EQn746
----------------------

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...qyQHRBLsKn-ACs4ueCX_ONrYm4BF73iu1l6_uRxkj-ywA
--------------------

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...7ASlECBn9suuaNTS3sopov1rst9yd8l6lkNotXjDlK3p7
----------------------------

I love chili :heartbeat:

:floorlaugh: Only you could find a cartoon that fits this post, YorN. That chili all looks good, But I didnt realize real Texas chili was beanless, as we've always prefered ours with beans. Wonder what the no bean deal is? :thinking:

Darn, no verdict and a three day jury break. Two thoughts: I hope they're not already deadlocked, and I wonder what the killer is thinking and feeling right now . Ha, Knowing her she's singing in her cell...as long as I don't have to hear her, though I do pity her poor cell mates.

My cat just died. He hasn't been feeling well, wouldn't hold his head up, hadn't urinated or eaten anything for a few days. I've been checking on him very often and just now noticed his hair wasn't moving like it does when breathing. Earlier this evening I picked him up and took him out, but he laid down so I brought him back in. I don't know what happened. I also felt him all over to see if he was injured, maybe hit by a car, but he didn't appear to be injured. About an hour before he died he cried for a few seconds. I sure will miss him. Rest in peace, Fluffy. He was a stray that I let come and go in the house for a couple of years.
Oh how sad, I am so sorry Daisy , :cry: :grouphug:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Travis family as well as Maria and Willmott have left the courtal region. ::yawwnnn:: #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 2m2 minutes ago
Lawyers leaving...not looking likely for today #JodiArias

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 40s41 seconds ago
Alexander family arrives again. #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 28s28 seconds ago
Stephen Alexander just walked by. #JodiArias

​???????

I really worry about Stephen. :(

My cat just died. He hasn't been feeling well, wouldn't hold his head up, hadn't urinated or eaten anything for a few days. I've been checking on him very often and just now noticed his hair wasn't moving like it does when breathing. Earlier this evening I picked him up and took him out, but he laid down so I brought him back in. I don't know what happened. I also felt him all over to see if he was injured, maybe hit by a car, but he didn't appear to be injured. About an hour before he died he cried for a few seconds. I sure will miss him. Rest in peace, Fluffy. He was a stray that I let come and go in the house for a couple of years.

awww... So Sorry Daisymae. (((Hugs)))

RIP Fluffy, you had a wonderful Momma. Sorry Daisy. Sounds like you took wonderful care of Fluffy. My mother had a stray dog that she had around for about 7 years and was devastated when the dog died. Cats and dogs bring so much love and pleasure to our lives - even if they are a stray.

Please remember someone from deathrow recently got released (can't remember her name but accused/convicted. Of helping in her sons death)--DP doesn't mean forever. Sadly :(

I think it was Debra Milke

Daisy~~sorry about your loss--they do become part of our lives.

I keep hoping dh will let another dog in our house~~dd bunny not the same (mean and can't cuddle)

Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83

"Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek,” died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html

I will miss you :(

RIP :candle:

[video=youtube;DyiWkWcR86I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyiWkWcR86I[/video]

Leonard Nimoy explains the Jewish story behind the hand-gesture he made famous through his role as Spock on in the Star Trek science fiction series.

.....got on Bing and went down memory lane. Here's some pics w/legends for Perryville. My ex was incarcerated there from 1992 + when it was an all male, medium, minimum facility. There was the "San Juan" Unit (now Lumley) and the "Santa Cruz" Unit. It was a 45 minute drive from where I lived in Scottsdale, got on McDowell Road and went east till I hit Citrus. The last 10 miles or so of McDowell had a concrete irrigation ditch on the south. I had a good friend die, and my best friend really busted up in a hit and run accident that put their vehicle in that ditch back in 1978, when they were heading home from a Miss Softball America game. It was far more desolate on McDowell, no street lights and just the twinkle of farm houses way back off the road at night, and miles of fields in the day. I had my then 2 year old daughter in tow with me 75% of the time, twice a week, for almost 2 years, 2 hour visits.

PVL1.jpg

The yellow line is the route on McDowell to Citrus to the entrance and public parking.

Now your in the prison complex, Lumley on the lower left, Santa Cruz on the lower right.

PVL4.jpg

1. Parking (your vehicle is now open to search without a warrant, you don't want to have ANYTHING of any value left in there)
2. Entrance, double glass doors, on to the metal detector and scanner for any food items you might have brought. (I don't know if they still let you do that, there used to be BBQ grills in the outside visitation area with picnic benches) Lockers for you wallet, (need your valid picture ID to get in) cell phone, or anything that's deemed "not on the list". 1 set of sally port doorsand your on your way out to the....
3. Bus area, where you're picked up and taken to the unit you're visiting. The yellow line is the bus route to Lumley and the entrance, double glass doors and another set of sally ports.
4. This is where you're taken if the guards want to do a "thorough search". Had that happen once. Evidently, with all the "found Jesus, born again" thing my ex had established while in there, it was the perfect cover for him to have other people bring in drugs. This is where I should have thought, "hey, wait a minute, who ELSE is visiting him and why are they bringing in DRUGS" instead of "oh, how wonderful, other Christians are visiting him and this is just a big mistake". This is also the time when you realize in hindsight how serious your commitment was to your "convicted felon"............can you say "strip search"?

PVL5.jpg

Welcome to the Lumley visitor's center. I still think of it as San Juan, medium security. The dirt areas in the swath on either side of the basket ball court used to have grass, it was really nice. NOT any more.
1. Commissary, restrooms, and inside visiting area
2. The main entrance, double glass doors, sally port, and into the inside visitors area. That sally port literally saved my life the 2nd to last time I went there. A guard in an enclosed glass station operates the opening and closing of the doors. My ex was pissed (I was asking him about the "other" visitors who were seeing him, you know, the God fearing Christians from the "Prison Ministry"?), shot his arm across the Chinese food I had brought that day, and got a pretty good grip around my throat. I pushed back hard against the table, my chair went flying, and I scrambled to the sally port. Jesus has left the building. I was able to whip around in the sally port as the one door closed, give a tearful, internationally known hand gesture with middle finger salute, and I was out of there.
3. This is where the picnic tables and BBQ grills were. Nice that there's still grass there, can't tell if the swing set and animals with springs up their butts are still there for the kids. One evening, an inmate raped his wife on one of those picnic tables, the guards just turned a blind eye. They have to WORK there, we didn't have to be there, keeping the inmates happy.
4. This was where the library and education building was. My ex got a degree (BA) in Architectural Design while he was incarcerated, courtesy of the Rio Salado College Extension. His model of a house he wanted to build us was on display through one of the windows.

So............."memories" and all that happy do-do. Perryville was "State of the Art" back then, now it's just a crappy, dusty, hot place that I hear is infested with cockroaches. Deathrow for women used to be down in Florence, which, although there's the old prison and the newer prison buildings, it has fields around it, like green fields.

Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83

"Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek,” died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html

I will miss you :(

RIP :candle:

[video=youtube;DyiWkWcR86I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyiWkWcR86I[/video]

Leonard Nimoy explains the Jewish story behind the hand-gesture he made famous through his role as Spock on in the Star Trek science fiction series.

NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Man, that's sad. I hope Fluffy hooks up with him, I've always hoped that people and critters end up in the same place (well, the good ones, anyway) and maybe Fluffy is giving him the "crash course" for the afterlife.:thinking:

The Touch of Leonard Nimoy is the fourth studio album released from Leonard Nimoy. The album was released in 1969, on Dot Records.
---------------------

[video=youtube;JS_up6FeV54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS_up6FeV54[/video]

Video for "A Woman Called Golda" starring Ingrid Bergman, in which Leonard Nimoy plays Morris Meyerson, the husband of Golda Meir.
------------------

[video=youtube;UbfEZXKucNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbfEZXKucNU[/video]

.....got on Bing and went down memory lane. Here's some pics w/legends for Perryville. My ex was incarcerated there from 1992 + when it was an all male, medium, minimum facility. There was the "San Juan" Unit (now Lumley) and the "Santa Cruz" Unit. It was a 45 minute drive from where I lived in Scottsdale, got on McDowell Road and went east till I hit Citrus. The last 10 miles or so of McDowell had a concrete irrigation ditch on the south. I had a good friend die, and my best friend really busted up in a hit and run accident that put their vehicle in that ditch back in 1978, when they were heading home from a Miss Softball America game. It was far more desolate on McDowell, no street lights and just the twinkle of farm houses way back off the road at night, and miles of fields in the day. I had my then 2 year old daughter in tow with me 75% of the time, twice a week, for almost 2 years, 2 hour visits.

View attachment 70277

The yellow line is the route on McDowell to Citrus to the entrance and public parking.

Now your in the prison complex, Lumley on the lower left, Santa Cruz on the lower right.

View attachment 70279

1. Parking (your vehicle is now open to search without a warrant, you don't want to have ANYTHING of any value left in there)
2. Entrance, double glass doors, on to the metal detector and scanner for any food items you might have brought. (I don't know if they still let you do that, there used to be BBQ grills in the outside visitation area with picnic benches) Lockers for you wallet, (need your valid picture ID to get in) cell phone, or anything that's deemed "not on the list". 1 set of sally port doorsand your on your way out to the....
3. Bus area, where you're picked up and taken to the unit you're visiting. The yellow line is the bus route to Lumley and the entrance, double glass doors and another set of sally ports.
4. This is where you're taken if the guards want to do a "thorough search". Had that happen once. Evidently, with all the "found Jesus, born again" thing my ex had established while in there, it was the perfect cover for him to have other people bring in drugs. This is where I should have thought, "hey, wait a minute, who ELSE is visiting him and why are they bringing in DRUGS" instead of "oh, how wonderful, other Christians are visiting him and this is just a big mistake". This is also the time when you realize in hindsight how serious your commitment was to your "convicted felon"............can you say "strip search"?

View attachment 70280

Welcome to the Lumley visitor's center. I still think of it as San Juan, medium security. The dirt areas in the swath on either side of the basket ball court used to have grass, it was really nice. NOT any more.
1. Commissary, restrooms, and inside visiting area
2. The main entrance, double glass doors, sally port, and into the inside visitors area. That sally port literally saved my life the 2nd to last time I went there. A guard in an enclosed glass station operates the opening and closing of the doors. My ex was pissed (I was asking him about the "other" visitors who were seeing him, you know, the God fearing Christians from the "Prison Ministry"?), shot his arm across the Chinese food I had brought that day, and got a pretty good grip around my throat. I pushed back hard against the table, my chair went flying, and I scrambled to the sally port. Jesus has left the building. I was able to whip around in the sally port as the one door closed, give a tearful, internationally known hand gesture with middle finger salute, and I was out of there.
3. This is where the picnic tables and BBQ grills were. Nice that there's still grass there, can't tell if the swing set and animals with springs up their butts are still there for the kids. One evening, an inmate raped his wife on one of those picnic tables, the guards just turned a blind eye. They have to WORK there, we didn't have to be there, keeping the inmates happy.
4. This was where the library and education building was. My ex got a degree (BA) in Architectural Design while he was incarcerated, courtesy of the Rio Salado College Extension. His model of a house he wanted to build us was on display through one of the windows.

So............."memories" and all that happy do-do. Perryville was "State of the Art" back then, now it's just a crappy, dusty, hot place that I hear is infested with cockroaches. Deathrow for women used to be down in Florence, which, although there's the old prison and the newer prison buildings, it has fields around it, like green fields.

BBM What did he do after he got out? Did he use his degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem