SIDEBAR #47 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to minutes that were taken during verdict watch last week, some new information is emerging that sheds some light on what really happened during those deliberations, and during verdict watch week. From the sounds of it, Juror 17 was being examined rather closely by Detectives on this case before the verdict result was filed. Last Thursday was not the first time the Maricopa County Superior Courts were made aware that this juror might be a problem.
In fact, not only was she being investigated by a Mesa Police officer, the lead investigator in this case, but Juan Martinez made two attempts to have her removed. Those requests were denied.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...ns-key-supporters?CID=examiner_alerts_article

well...if and that is a big "if" this has any basis in fact about JM trying twice to get her off in advance of deliberations then there is a big problem..there were alternates available...right? Is that not what they are for?

Welcome!! I was trying to give her the benefit of doubt but over it. Sadly so many things she shoulda coulda but didn't.

i too have been giving her the benefit of a doubt...if nothing else for the jury system as wrong moves here could really jeopardize the jury system and deter anyone from wanting to serve...but this is troubling IF true....in a very twisted way....JM and the state not vetting j17 completely in advance of deliberations could have saved JA's life????

Curious!!! I have missed seeing you here lately. I was getting ready to send out the SOS posse.

I still don't know what to make of JSS, but I am a believer that she was not prepared to handle a death penalty case in the least.

It does seem obvious that an experienced DP judge would have yielded some very different results in terms of length of trial and outcome.

yes!

There were waving red flags with this juror just based on the things she did disclose, and yet the state let her on the panel. It appears there was enough info to excuse her without the state having to use any of their limited peremptory challenges. This was the state's mistake.

so in effect JM and the state saved her life? This could be argued.

Looks like the full secret testimony is not released to the public, but here is some of it from KPHO:

Video of Jodi Arias' secret testimony released

It is all coming out and I believe it will be archived in various places including Courtchatter. I saw some of it yesterday and just plain boring...JA having a personal chat in an empty courtroom with the jury...retelling her childhood memories with the fading willmott asking the pre-fab questions...I doubt if any of this had any effect on the jury including j17...it is that silly.
http://www.kpho.com/story/28428030/video-of-jodi-arias-secret-testimony-released

----------------------------------

Will AZ death row inmates be executed by firing squad?

It is all coming out and I believe it will be archived in various places including Courtchatter. I saw some of it yesterday and just plain boring...JA having a personal chat in an empty courtroom with the jury...retelling her childhood memories with the fading willmott asking the pre-fab questions...I doubt if any of this had any effect on the jury including j17...it is that silly.
http://www.kpho.com/story/28428030/video-of-jodi-arias-secret-testimony-released

----------------------------------

Will AZ death row inmates be executed by firing

Will AZ death row inmates be executed by firing

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-firing-squad-arizona-death-penalty/70193536/
-----------------------------

Surprising Ways Inmates Have Snuck Contraband into Prison

[video=youtube;fFc8WjK9tuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFc8WjK9tuA[/video]

Let's let the monkey's run the zoo. Cut this ego manic off from all contact this is absurd.

It does seem obvious that an experienced DP judge would have yielded some very different results in terms of length of trial and outcome.

See, herein lies the problem. Sheis an experienced DP judge and is moving onto another DP trial this month. It is what it is. We have to stop making excuses for this judge.

I do think you have to consider exactly when JM asked to replace the juror and on what grounds...if it was during the court of the retrial then yes JSS is wrong for sure as there were alternates...but what I understand is he did not find out more about this juror until during deliberations and at a point where it was obvious there was some for life...there is some case law whereby she could be seen as unduly influencing the outcome if she removed the juror and death is imposed. If that is the case then not exactly JSS's fault is it? More the fault of state for not coming up with this sooner. No fan of JSS here and big fan of JM but honestly that is the way it seems to me.

Hi. Well sure, you are right. But JSS made many missteps just as egregious along the way. For some reason it was predestined for Jodi to get life instead of death. But we will wait to see what happens with her "life".

Good Morning YoN ! WOW you always find such great info and it has made my morning!!
I sincerely hope you are feeling better today. Thank you so much for posting the interesting reads this morning. Once again I :bow: to you.

Looks like Jodi is done with Aunt Sue and Donavan...I guess in her own warped mind they have "betrayed" her. All I'm sayin is they better watch their backs, especially while showering. :giggle:
Hi Dmacky, could you direct me to where I could read about Jodi being done with aunt sue and Donovan? I have been off and on a few days because I hurt my back. I just can't keep up I guess with all that's going on. What happened with Jodi and her aunt and Donovan? Thanks.

Eh.......they're NOT Natives? :floorlaugh:

We have a TON of people in Prescott who have moved here for the Addiction, Halfway Houses, Rehab, and Sober Living houses. (thanks, A & E's "Intervention" :gaah:) The city and outlying county areas have been in the process of passing new zoning ordinances to reduce a LOT of them. Out in the boonies, we've been fortunate, ordinances were already passed 20+ years ago to keep those situations out of here. One just recently was shut down, they thought they could operate under the radar, get established and THEN get a zoning clearance. 30 day cease and desist.

Many people started moving into Arizona in the late 70's because Air Conditioning was AFFORDABLE. Then you have to watch the economy, cheap houses, building booms............and people move here and bring their problems with them. It's called "Progress", but I think it's "Regression".

"Welcome to Arizona, a suburb of California".

Honestly, I don't know why people move here. I always make sure I point out to potential residents that we have earth quakes, tornadoes, wildfires, dust storms, flash floods, mud slides, random snow storms, Valley temps that can go to 124, lows in the mountains that can go -20, rattle snakes, scorpions, coyotes (here I'll say "they're kinda like dingos, and they LOVE cats and small dogs") and everybody you meet just might be carrying a gun.

Hey, I try.:laughing:

Bernina, I'm just funning with ya girlfriend. We have plenty of delinquent crazies here in my state too. Remember Josh Young ?? The jury here acquitted him in the beating death of his stepbrother Trey Zwicker, in 2011. And I'm sure you remember his "daddy" Joshua Gouker :dervish: Oh and just yesterday morning around 6:30am some lunatic shot at least 6 times at a school bus!! It's just gotten really bad all over. What's wrong with people these days :confused:

http://www.wlky.com/news/investigation-underway-after-jcps-bus-is-reportedly-hit-by-bullet/31776116

Did that post disappear? I went back to re-read and I can't find it.

Hi Dmacky, could you direct me to where I could read about Jodi being done with aunt sue and Donovan? I have been off and on a few days because I hurt my back. I just can't keep up I guess with all that's going on. What happened with Jodi and her aunt and Donovan? Thanks.

Hello Spell and Curious :wave:
Just google #jodiarias and you can read it there. I had to enlarge it, but that's where YoN got it I think....she doesn't miss anything :smile:

I don't have a twitter account, but can still all read it...no need for one

Hello Spell and Curious :wave:
Just google #jodiarias and you can read it there. I had to enlarge it, but that's where YoN got it I think....she doesn't miss anything :smile:

I don't have a twitter account, but can still all read it...no need for one

I googled Jodi Arias. Lots of articles from news sites but nothing I could find her aunt or Donovan. Can you provide a link?

so in effect JM and the state saved her life? This could be argued.
Except that it's a fallacy that the DP would have actually resulted in her death. Someone mentioned that 1% of LWOP convictions are overturned while 70% of DP conviction are. This contradicts the comfortable belief that the DP is the more severe form of punishment. I agree it's sold that way, but the uncomfortable truth is that it's a scam. I don't know all the facts or the legalities, illegalities, bad decisions, lack of due diligences etc. that led to this result, but the bottom line for me is that I won't fool myself into believing that the DP was the more severe punishment for Arias, no matter how it's sold, and no matter how convenient that is to believe.

I'm not saying that if the law was broken, or if it's inadequate to its task, or if lessons can be learned on the states side of things to better apply the law in the future that those things shouldn't be done to prevent the failure or avoidance of the law in the future, but I think a dose of realism should be introduced to those who say 'only if...' as if the current result is inferior to what might have been for Arias, imo, fact checking and a realistic evaluation of the DP will reveal the opposite.

Curious, I can't find it on twitter now. Not that particular letter....I wonder if that screen shot was taken down for some reason?

I am off to investigate. I can't remember who tweeted it ! I will look

Bernina, I'm just funning with ya girlfriend. We have plenty of delinquent crazies here in my state too. Remember Josh Young ?? The jury here acquitted him in the beating death of his stepbrother Trey Zwicker, in 2011. And I'm sure you remember his "daddy" Joshua Gouker :dervish: Oh and just yesterday morning around 6:30am some lunatic shot at least 6 times at a school bus!! It's just gotten really bad all over. What's wrong with people these days :confused:

http://www.wlky.com/news/investigation-underway-after-jcps-bus-is-reportedly-hit-by-bullet/31776116

We had someone shoot at a school bus in my area as well.

Except that it's a fallacy that the DP would have actually resulted in her death. Someone mentioned that 1% of LWOP convictions are overturned while 70% of DP conviction are. This contradicts the comfortable belief that the DP is the more severe form of punishment. I agree it's sold that way, but the uncomfortable truth is that it's a scam. I don't know all the facts or the legalities, illegalities, bad decisions, lack of due diligences etc. that led to this result, but the bottom line for me is that I won't fool myself into believing that the DP was the more severe punishment for Arias, no matter how it's sold, and no matter how convenient that is to believe.

I'm not saying that if the law was broken, or if it's inadequate to its task, or if lessons can be learned on the states side of things to better apply the law in the future that those things shouldn't be done to prevent the failure or avoidance of the law in the future, but I think a dose of realism should be introduced to those who say 'only if...' as if the current result is inferior to what might have been for Arias, imo, fact checking and a realistic evaluation of the DP will reveal the opposite.
Two things.
i am not invested in her death. Just hell on earth while she lives. That said,
1). The DP would ensure she is alone in a cell 23 out of 24 hours every day and no contact with others.
2). Life for Jodi is not what it would be for us. We shudder to think of life in prison. Jodi's a Psycopath. After a few bumps and scrapes, she will have a following in prison. She will adjust. For a psychopath who easily manipulates in a world of people just like her, it will be a cake walk.

BBM

Thanks for the links, Bernina. I am saving the trial videos, but still don't know if I will actually watch them.

ETA: How come I can't hear Wilmott's questioning but I can hear everyone else? Gaah ... frustrating.

But the alternative? :floorlaugh:

What little I watched was sooooooo rehearsed, sounded like a really bad 3rd grade school play. CMJA looks at Wilmont for the question, turns to jury, repeats well rehearsed answer, returns to look at Wilmont..............and repeat.
Caught it at the "library emails". Let's get REAL for a minute.............

She couldn't just drop off Bobby at his friends, go back to the library, sign the computer use sheet, go to the same computer, hit the "back" button, and get into his email account.

YOU NEED THE EMAIL USER NAME AND THE PASSWORD!!!! IT'S A PUBLIC LIBRARY!!!!! :facepalm:

How many times have you been on a web page, oh say like your bank or some account you're paying; you mess up and hit the "back arrow" on the tool bar, or "F-whatever" and this notice comes up that the page has timed out, and/or please re-enter your user name and password?

What kind of Library doesn't have you log out and shut down the computer when you're finished? I guess they at least had "*advertiser censored* site" filters on it.:gaah:

We had someone shoot at a school bus in my area as well.
Joshua and his dad are in jail now though. Thank goodness. Every day you wake up, headline Louisville is a murder. So tired of it. Didn't hear about school bus but there have been two incidents of people being shot by a sniper on the interstate in Louisville...cannot find the shooter. Scary stuff to drive there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest