SIDEBAR #48 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of light bulbs, has anyone used the LED bulbs that come in Bright, Soft White and Daylight? They are about $20 and are supposed to last a long time. I saw the display at Home Depot and liked the brightness. I can't see with these new lightbulbs and it is annoying.

I need some advice. Since I sold my filly for a nice chunk of change, I am using the money to update my house. I should have done this a long time ago, but horses have been the priority. My kitchen floor is hardwood, and the person I had do the floors 3 years ago did a lousy job and the finish is off, the color is orange/brown UGH. Should I keep the hardwood or change it to Travertine tile? The dogs go through the kitchen all the time to get to the laundry room where the dog door is. Does anyone have a tile floor? And do you like it? Thank you so much!

ETA: My cabinets are furniture grade cherry, with a deep brown hue. I am replacing the island with a glazed ivory maple cabinets and putting Cambria Windermere Quartz on the countertops.

My energy efficient washer is NOT quiet! I thought it had something wrong with the first use, it was so loud. As for any mold problem ..... you are supposed to clean them periodically with "their" product made specifically for that purpose. Add another expense to that. My solution has been to put vinegar into my bleach dispenser, makes the clothes pretty soft, too. There is no softener dispenser -- it came with a Downey ball to put the rinse product in and toss on top of clothes when starting the load. Cannot find a replacement for that darned Downey ball either!

It "may" be energy efficient on water, but not so on finances or the time it takes to wash. :stormingmad:

I have a front loader and I clean it with apple vinegar. Just pour it in like detergent and let it run its cycle.

I need some advice. Since I sold my filly for a nice chunk of change, I am using the money to update my house. I should have done this a long time ago, but horses have been the priority. My kitchen floor is hardwood, and the person I had do the floors 3 years ago did a lousy job and the finish is off, the color is orange/brown UGH. Should I keep the hardwood or change it to Travertine tile? The dogs go through the kitchen all the time to get to the laundry room where the dog door is. Does anyone have a tile floor? And do you like it? Thank you so much!

ETA: My cabinets are furniture grade cherry, with a deep brown hue. I am replacing the island with a glazed ivory maple cabinets and putting Cambria Windermere Quartz on the countertops.

Love Love Love my tile floor!!! Easy clean :)

Zuri, your kitchen plans sound beautiful. I would think dogs would do less "damage" to tile with their nails and mud-tracking if that is a concern. Easier to wipe tile? I really do not know, though.

WHAT is going on with ads interspersed between our posts now? :stormingmad: This is driving me nuts at a time I cannot handle changes very well. Don't they know I have too much going wrong already? :chuckle: (guess they don't cater just to me, hey?)

Lost a very dear Aunt this morning. What a week it is. sighhhh

Oh my Spellbound. I am so sorry for yet another loss. Bless you and yours.

Thanks for the feedback Spellbound and coffejunkie. The travertine would certainly lighten up the kitchen. I live in Delaware where hardwood seems to be the norm. I love the look of Travertine. Does anyone complain about it being cold on bare feet? Is it hard to keep the grout clean? Do you have tile that flows into carpet or hardwood? How does the transition look? Mine would flow into hardwood.

Zuri ~ Last fall we installed the new wood floors over 100 yr. old oak. I love these better than my tile floors. Very easy keep clean. I bought a Spin Mop and cleaning is a breeze!! :)

10703880_10153245231728776_2555531412785715629_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10151371_10153245231513776_3164470506137002400_n.jpg
    10151371_10153245231513776_3164470506137002400_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 187
If anyone wants to laugh at something stupid, there's this really hilarious vine going around called sausage movement. It's where you yell/sing "I like bacon, I like waffles, I like...." then someone else says sausage. You just say a bunch of breakfast foods. We've been doing it at the local comic shop (because we're in our 20s-30s and we live wild). It's kinda fun.

I can see the Jura and Saleve in my mind's eye. It has been many years, but I think of my years there with such fondness. I think you will find beautiful guest ranches in Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, Idaho. My daughter knows of several and I will ask which ones she recommends.

Thank you very much, Zuri! This will be very helpfull to me.

Initially I thought about renting a Nissan Pathfinder or a Toyota 4runner and travel during 4-5 weeks through the northwest, sleep in the car, hike, kayak, etc.
I've been travelling on my on in lots of parts in the world - but: I suddenly realized that I'm afraid of doing that in the US... My intuition tells me it's not safe. Too bad! May be I should never have discovered WS :thinking:

Well, anyway - I'm so curious to discover your country, landscapes & culture - it would probably be more interesting to travel less and stay longer in one place together with people, sharing, working, getting involved.

I love wooden floors but I'd say in a kitchen and having dogs tiles are more comfortable. I love the italian terracotta tiles; it's a warm red and if it's good quality they get a nice patina as time goes by...
http://www.articima-shop.de/WebRoot...A8/28B8/6C8B/Terracotta_Fliesen_20x20cm_3.jpg

On my countertop I have granit from Sardinia; it's white-grey-black spotted and a pleasure to work on.
http://www.treppenimtrend.de/bilder/101_1_b.jpg

Zuri, your kitchen plans sound beautiful. I would think dogs would do less "damage" to tile with their nails and mud-tracking if that is a concern. Easier to wipe tile? I really do not know, though.

WHAT is going on with ads interspersed between our posts now? :stormingmad: This is driving me nuts at a time I cannot handle changes very well. Don't they know I have too much going wrong already? :chuckle: (guess they don't cater just to me, hey?)

Lost a very dear Aunt this morning. What a week it is. sighhhh

Spellie - Tricia announced changes coming to WS so I think more ads in the forums will help her pay legal fees:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?275424-The-Future-of-Websleuths

I hear you complaining about ads. I have no ads at all in my WS window. Strange. But of course, I appreciate "adless" screen very much :):)

Sorry you lost your Aunt Spellbound. March has been a rough month for you.
RIP to your mother and your Aunt.

I have a front loader washing machine and I like it - LG model.
Zuri, Your kitchen sounds beautiful . I would go with the tile. For some reason, my dogs drip their water after getting a drink.
Maybe, your dogs are not as sloppy as mine!!!

One day closer!!!

Morning all! :wave:

re washing machines - mine had problems last week when I did my laundry... did not drain out the water and didn't agitate!! :gaah: The Huz fixed it!!!! :happydance: Our washing machine is 40 years old!! Somewhere along the line we inherited another washing machine, so we have a "spare" ready to go; but the Huz said NO - I'll fix this one, and he did! He can fix anything! Thank goodness!

Hey YESorNO :snowball:

Hate to rub it in, but we had temps in the 70s all week! We do have Spring!

Finished up the family tree for the Huz!!! But ran out of ink to finish up 3 copies for his relatives! :gaah: Now I have to spend $40 to buy a print cartridge to finish those up.

I don't "see" any advertising between posts - just empty spaces. :waitasec:

Susza - last time I was in Switzerland was 1984. I LOVE your country!! My Huz' grandparents are from there. I so want him to see the country; maybe in 2016 when I (or we) go to Latvia to bury my mother, we can take a side trip to Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Love those countries' countryside! So beautiful!

Okay - off to read other threads! Take care everyone!

:seeya:

Good Moring WS Friends!
:loveyou:

After my two cuppa CFON, spent the morning with my neighbor at the Nursery....not the baby one, the plant one. Ahh Spring has sprung and it's more like summer here in the high desert. Next few days I'll be planting up my huge garden pots. Such fun and I love the colorful results.

BTW.....13 more days until sentencing
and then,
come on say it............

:jail:

Do we know what time court begins on April 13th?

Do we know what time court begins on April 13th?

This is Judge Stephens courtroom. Court will begin bright and early at 2:30 p.m.

(As long as that's okay with Nurmi, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member