SIDEBAR #49 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing all day, hungry all day! Argh... And I was so tired of cooking all week long, so we finally went out and had some really good Tex-Mex with frosty cold margaritas. Cheese and onion enchiladas, tostados, tacos, fresh salsa and guacamole. Too much food, but I just ate what I could and left the rest. :lick:
It's amazing how good food makes us feel so good , isn't it ? :happydance: Awe, too bad inmate # 281129 .

Oh yum, that sounds so good! The only authentic Mexican restaurant around these parts (Central Pa) closed a few months ago. Their food was so good, cooked in the kitchen by grandma. They came up from Mexico City to open up here. My family and I ate there quite a bit. Their food reminded me of the food I used to get in Nogales when I lived in Tucson.

For now, I have to settle for Taco Bell or El Rodeo when I crave Mexican. Not quite as good, but does ok in a pinch.

OH YUM!!! Rose petal ice cream... That sounds amazing! Do you make that yourself in an ice cream maker or.. can I buy it somewhere?

ETA~ Never mind Rose.. I see you already answered further down. Just hadn't read there yet. = )

Hi grammie, my baby boy peed like a girl until he was at least a year old. Now, he lifts his leg and pees like a boy , on everything, even if he doesn't need to pee, LOL. Don't you just love 'em!
ETA: I didn't mean to imply that he really pees everywhere, he just pees outside, Thank God for that, LOL. He's a very good boy. :)

I couldn't believe that video, thank God I never saw that as a child, I can't even imagine the effects... Terrible.

Wow, Rose, where are you, I guess I was thinking you are in the States. No ? Thanks for the info, I seldom eat ice cream, but this I would surely try. I would be even more enthusiastic if it was rose gelato. Hey, it's like your name, Rose! :) So have you ever tried the gelato? :seeya:

That is so sweet, Sedona, what beautiful puppies ! :happydance:

Thanks for the tips, Chelly ! :) And that's the problem I have with local frozen shrimp as well. I was really happy with the frozen shrimp I ordered, it was vacuum sealed, and very large, very fresh tasting, though more expensive than what I find at the local grocers. Still, if I'm going to spend money on shrimp, which isn't very often, it has to be more than edible considering that it's never cheap. You're very fortunate to find decent fresh shrimp at your local markets. Thanks again for the cooking tips. :seeya:

I'm in Asia--Japan/Maldives/India depending on the time of year. I've got relatives who own a business here and I help them out. I might go back to North America at some point. Lots of rose flavoured sweets here. I'm not sure if rose ice cream is widely available in the States. A friend in Sebastopol, California says a local store makes it fresh. Other than that I'm not sure. I've never had good gelato. I want some though!

I might go to the grocery store with this sidebar page printed out--I want cinnamon buns, spinach pizza and well... everything! :loveyou:

I hope someone can answer this for me. When Victoria Washington asked to be removed from Jodi's DT she cited that she had defended a person in this case previously in this case and would run the risk of violating and disclosing confidential information relating to the previous client that would be to their disadvantage. Who was she referring to ?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/109828551/Jodi-Arias-Court-Documents

I'm late! I'm late!....

Our 4 yr old granddaughter spent the night and she just went home...whew! One tired mamaw here.

Looks like the rain has set for the day, was in 80's yesterday 61 now. Crazy weather!

Gosh, all the food you people are making...makes me hungry :)

I've been a WS lurker since Drew Peterson and followed many cases here. I got addicted on trials after the OJ trial. Watched it everyday. I was hooked on Nancy Grace also, and Court TV. Finally got my nerve up and joined WS this year. :) Love, love, love WS. Sidebar is my favorite.

Have a good day!

Got the swan eggs in the 'bator yesterday.........so the countdown begins, -33 days. Have a goose egg in there as my "control" because you can't candle swan eggs because their shells are just too dense. And I'm not going to invest in an ultra sound contraption!!!

Yep, when it comes to incubators, I got stuck on "Go Big, or Go Home". This puppy will hold 36 emu eggs or 400+ small bantam chicken eggs, with everything else in between. It would probably hold 45 swan eggs pretty comfortably if I had that many.

DSC03226(1).jpg

I put 6 thermometers in there, with one than does humidity and another that does dry/wet bulb temp, and none of them are registering the same temp (1.5 degree variant +/-), blah, so just hoping the digital toggle switch is keeping it at 100 degrees and the water surface holds the humidity between 55-65%. This is the last of 3 cabinet incubator/hatchers I've had since 1997.........I held onto it "just in case", and I have a feeling that after this dealio, I'll be putting peafowl eggs in because my peafowl aren't getting any younger.

I'm not too enthused because the hatch rate in incubators for swans isn't good at all. 7 eggs are in there with the goose egg. Mom swan has 2 under her outside. Haven't had any luck the last 3 years doing it under the swan or substitute goose, so it will be what it'll be. Any other eggs I've had 95% or better if the eggs are fertile.

If some do hatch, then I'm REALLY going to be committed. The cygnets have to be pinioned within the first 24 hours. That involves removing the wing joint at the end of the wing. It's bloodless at that age and their nerve endings haven't developed so it's painless, similar to cutting off the rear dew claws of new born pups. At 4 days, they have to have water to float in 24/7 and continue to have a heat lamp on them at 99 degrees. 95% of a swans life is in the water, and their legs won't develop properly if they don't have it because their body mass is too heavy for their legs the first 6 months. At 4-6 weeks, I'll have to put them out in the pond in the morning and bring them back to the brooder at night. At around 6 months, they can hang out in the pond permanently. If any DO hatch, hopefully I can get them sold BEFORE 2 months, only thing is, the only way you can sex them is through a DNA test from a plucked feather.

Sounds like FUN..................and my insanity continues.

Hey everyone!
hi-there-smiley.gif

Yup, yup and yup. Remember that well. I was a Bostonian at the time and "people in the know" agreed with all that. ^ Peter Lawford was also involved. I've met both JFK and Teddy, but not Bobby. What a family, but nearly everyone from Mass adored them, including me.

I saw RFK at my college that I went to in Van Nuys; I believe it was a day or two before he got assassinated... :( I would have voted for him! Oh well! I do hear that Caroline Kennedy's son, John Schlossberg is into politics. I believe he is named after her brother, JFK, Jr. Now, that was said to see him die...

My grandson woke me up at four this morning to go get fresh hot cinnamon buns from the donuts store. It melted in my mouth. I don't drink coffee but I did have chocolate milk.

For dinner , I've made a big salad (fresh leaf lettuce, sliced cucumbers, celery, radishes, red and green peppers, and a nice red onion.), and just made ranch dressing from scratch (I love to add one spoon of bleu cheese over my ranch). I've sliced mushroom to salute in real butter and wine, and dh is doing my favorite - Texas ribeyes. I've sliced fresh strawberry's (they're a great prices right now) and baked a pound cake for desert.

OK that's my two meals for the day. And I have a large glass of ice green tea with sliced lemon and fresh picked mint. Ahhhhhh life is good.

Sounds Yummy!
bulbar-smiley.gif
My Huz also makes his Bleu cheese dressing from scratch! Actually, he makes EVERYTHING from scratch! LOL! I believe we will be having ribeyes tonight; not sure if they are Texan! :laughing:

Hey, BendPages, I was just reading over on the sentencing thread, and noticed your post about Darlie Routier. That's actually the case that got me involved with Websleuths way back when, though it was a few years after her conviction, IIRC. Then I was away for a while. I did follow the Jon Benet Ramsey case , but I don't think here. And then the Casey Anthony case, I followed every single minute of the trial, DVR'd and watched daily. My husband and son thought I was totally nuts, LOL. :crazy: So what's new? :D I wasn't reading here then though, as I did good just to watch all the reports and trial on TV. Thinking back, I just wasn't on the computer much back then, and instead was watching a lot, I mean A LOT of HLN . I'm talking a Nancy Grace addiction, every single night. Much to my husband's dismay, LOL , again. :giggle:

Then, somehow I finally found my way back here to Websleuths for the Robyn Gardner case. Hey, Niner, weren't you on that thread ? :wave: A dark and mysterious and downright infuriating case, that one. I still shake my head and think, OMG, that Giordano SOB is still on the loose. And, where is Robyn Gardner ? Still, sadly, no where to be found. :( Oh, and then there's the Amy Bradley case, well, thread closed down here, but you know what? She's still missing. Such a sad case, that one. :( Life.... tragedy and mystery, entwined.

Yes I was! :wave: Yeah, that SOB is still walking around; sure wonder :waitasec: where she disappeared to! And Jose Baez getting into that mix!
brain-smiley.gif

Well, I am spizzed at the Tennis Channel - I was going to watch the Final in Monte Carlo!!
tennis-smiley.gif
Said it would start at 9:30am and my reminder comes up at 9:27am, turned on the channel to find out they are in the third and final set!! :gaah: Now waiting for the Huz to download the Formula One race from Bahrain! Go Kimi!!!! That would be Kimi Raikkonen, a Finnish driver for Ferrari!!

Right now I'm watching Bull riding
cowboy1-smiley.gif
from Billings, Montana! Go Bulls!! I root for them! LOL!

Okay - I think I'll mosey on over to the Discussion thread and "see" if anything has been released, since we don't have YESorNO to keep us informed!! :gaah: :snowball: Miss you!!!!! :hug:

Bernina! :wave:

Boy, that sounds like a LOT of work!! LOL! But I hope you get a few swans! I had a swan bite me when I was in Lucerne, Switzerland. My mom and I went on a trip to Germany, Austria and Switzerland. What fun that trip was!

See ya! :seeya:

Ok, kids, anyone with a twitter account, need your help!

A fantastic group of WS's are really tossing rocks and digging deep to ID a John Doe found in Nevada in 1992. Miss Muffet has started a Twitter for John Doe and needs:

1. Followers
2. ALL of her tweets "favorited" and re-tweeted.

If you have just a few minutes a day, PLEASE favorite and re-tweet! https://twitter.com/johnDoeNV1992

That thread has made some incredible progress and LE is on it following leads. Thanks!

WS's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...V-35-50-Off-of-Sand-Canyon-Road-Mar-92/page70

Got the swan eggs in the 'bator yesterday.........so the countdown begins, -33 days. Have a goose egg in there as my "control" because you can't candle swan eggs because their shells are just too dense. And I'm not going to invest in an ultra sound contraption!!!

Yep, when it comes to incubators, I got stuck on "Go Big, or Go Home". This puppy will hold 36 emu eggs or 400+ small bantam chicken eggs, with everything else in between. It would probably hold 45 swan eggs pretty comfortably if I had that many.

View attachment 73398

I put 6 thermometers in there, with one than does humidity and another that does dry/wet bulb temp, and none of them are registering the same temp (1.5 degree variant +/-), blah, so just hoping the digital toggle switch is keeping it at 100 degrees and the water surface holds the humidity between 55-65%. This is the last of 3 cabinet incubator/hatchers I've had since 1997.........I held onto it "just in case", and I have a feeling that after this dealio, I'll be putting peafowl eggs in because my peafowl aren't getting any younger.

I'm not too enthused because the hatch rate in incubators for swans isn't good at all. 7 eggs are in there with the goose egg. Mom swan has 2 under her outside. Haven't had any luck the last 3 years doing it under the swan or substitute goose, so it will be what it'll be. Any other eggs I've had 95% or better if the eggs are fertile.

If some do hatch, then I'm REALLY going to be committed. The cygnets have to be pinioned within the first 24 hours. That involves removing the wing joint at the end of the wing. It's bloodless at that age and their nerve endings haven't developed so it's painless, similar to cutting off the rear dew claws of new born pups. At 4 days, they have to have water to float in 24/7 and continue to have a heat lamp on them at 99 degrees. 95% of a swans life is in the water, and their legs won't develop properly if they don't have it because their body mass is too heavy for their legs the first 6 months. At 4-6 weeks, I'll have to put them out in the pond in the morning and bring them back to the brooder at night. At around 6 months, they can hang out in the pond permanently. If any DO hatch, hopefully I can get them sold BEFORE 2 months, only thing is, the only way you can sex them is through a DNA test from a plucked feather.

Sounds like FUN..................and my insanity continues.

It does sound like fun. Coincidentally, on my bird walk this morning I saw a nonnative SWAN swimming around with some scaups and ducks in a pond. It apparently belonged to some humans at some point and discovered the pond near the Rio Grande. Here is a bad picture of it (It's on the right, preening):

025.jpg

It does sound like fun. Coincidentally, on my bird walk this morning I saw a nonnative SWAN swimming around with some scaups and ducks in a pond. It apparently belonged to some humans at some point and discovered the pond near the Rio Grande. Here is a bad picture of it (It's on the right, preening):

View attachment 73404

Actually, it could be wild. People who own swans have them pinioned so the can't fly away. If it is from a domestic bird situation, I sure hope it's good at sticking to the water, away from predators. That's pretty awesome!

What did it's head look like?

img7b6_swan_id.gif

Running Swan migration maps, sometimes an injured bird looses it's flock, or storms cause misdirection.

Trumpeter Swan:

trumpeter_swan_map_big.jpg

Mute Swan:

mute_swan_big.gif

Whooper Swan:

whooper_swan_map_large.jpg

Actually, it could be wild. People who own swans have them pinioned so the can't fly away. If it is from a domestic bird situation, I sure hope it's good at sticking to the water, away from predators. That's pretty awesome!

What did it's head look like?

img7b6_swan_id.gif

It was a mute swan. Here is a list of all the birds we saw this morning--although I certainly didn't ID them all:

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S22945026

I did manage to get a decent pic of the yellow-headed blackbirds:
033.jpg

...and Tundra Swan:

tundra_swan_map_big.jpg

Here's the Whooper Swan head:

2649220733_0275674689_b.jpg

Hi all. We just put a picture of my new "puppy" on here. She is 3 years old, a Peke mainly. Molly is a shelter dog. She was spayed last Monday so she is still sore. Sleeps a lot right now but is very friendly. I'm still having tears for my precious Buffy.. Oh yes, she is 13 lbs..

Hi all. We just put a picture of my new "puppy" on here. She is 3 years old, a Peke mainly. Molly is a shelter dog. She was spayed last Monday so she is still sore. Sleeps a lot right now but is very friendly. I'm still having tears for my precious Buffy.. Oh yes, she is 13 lbs..

What a sweetheart! She's lucky you found her!

Update, here are the two male puppies greeting each other today. They were so happy to see each other. They live several houses apart now and it was joyful to see these litter mates enjoy their meeting.

View attachment 73353

My two little Shih Tzus. The light one is 11 years and the black one is 10 years.

View attachment 73354

So cute your dogs!!
I never had a dog - grew up with cats only.
Recently I started thinking about having a dog when I stop working (within 5 years, hopefully).
And: I met an Australian Shepard last time when I was treking with snow shoes - the colour was honey & white. Beautiful!
Hmmm, I'd love to have one BUT I think this would mean to leave the flat I'm living in and rent a house... that's quite an illusion financially talking.
Anybody here who knows these dogs???

I'm in Asia--Japan/Maldives/India depending on the time of year. I've got relatives who own a business here and I help them out. I might go back to North America at some point. Lots of rose flavoured sweets here. I'm not sure if rose ice cream is widely available in the States. A friend in Sebastopol, California says a local store makes it fresh. Other than that I'm not sure. I've never had good gelato. I want some though!

I might go to the grocery store with this sidebar page printed out--I want cinnamon buns, spinach pizza and well... everything! :loveyou:

BBM - This sounds perfect. I'd love to help them out, too. I love India (but only know parts in the Himalaya) and Japan attracts me a lot. I'm available in July and August... :-)

Bernina! :wave:

Boy, that sounds like a LOT of work!! LOL! But I hope you get a few swans! I had a swan bite me when I was in Lucerne, Switzerland. My mom and I went on a trip to Germany, Austria and Switzerland. What fun that trip was!

See ya! :seeya:

The swans are my nightmare when I go kayaking on the old side arms of the Rhein (river in southern Germany). It's a nature reserve called "Taubergiessen". Jungle-like. But you really have to take care - lots of people have been aggressed by swans.
I just slow down, paddle carefully and talk to them. Until now I never had a problem.

So cute your dogs!!
I never had a dog - grew up with cats only.
Recently I started thinking about having a dog when I stop working (within 5 years, hopefully).
And: I met an Australian Shepard last time when I was treking with snow shoes - the colour was honey & white. Beautiful!
Hmmm, I'd love to have one BUT I think this would mean to leave the flat I'm living in and rent a house... that's quite an illusion financially talking.
Anybody here who knows these dogs???

My daughter has an Australian Shepard. Same color as you have mentioned with ice blue eyes. They are hauntingly beautiful. A big fur ball he is and when he wags his tale his whole but shakes. It's adorable. He is beautiful, still a pup and hasa ton of energy. They like to run and be active, very active or they can become very mischievous and destructive and I have been witness to this. They need lots of excercise. They are great with her kids and is very loving to the whole family. He loves being outside, now that the weather is better. Australian Shepard are herders. Unfortunately my daughters dog thinks that people need to be herded and he tries to round everyone up by nipping lightly at the bottom of your pants. He could use some training. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T