SIDEBAR #49 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dh gave me my new Dell laptop for a just because during Jodi's guilty phase of the trial. It drove me crazy that if you went to far to the left or right, and sometimes not even being close to it the side charms will pop up. I can do emails, some shopping, lots of wondering all over the net learning new and old facts and figures, and my websleuths, and that's about it.

I know I have all kinds of bells and whistles, but not that interested or motivated to learn. I use (free at Microsoft) Windows Defender, then the free Malwarebytes and Avg anti virus - I have broken down and bought the full versions. You can add Malwarebytes up to three computers. I can't stand McAfee or Norton and removed them in the control panel.

I do love the speed. Within one second of hitting enter to go to a site you're there - unless it's Websleuths, which has been going really slow for a while. But to be fair my last three laptops and desktop were fast too.

The one reason I got the new Dell were my anguished screams was when Jodi was on the stand and during a really good thread flying like crazy, all of a sudden I have this weird icon show up and takes the cursor from a pointer into a round magnifier that won't move and it if does it keep enlarging and shrinking the screen until who know for what reason it goes back to normal, and the thread has flown by and close and moved on to the next - twice.

There is good news through. Microsoft is giving a free Windows 10 upgrade to Window 8 users. It's bringing back the start menu and the games like it had on older models. I think they re thought Windows 9 and thought naw this is like Vista lets do better.

We've have had a pair of Egrets that have decided to take over and make a nest in the pecan tree that overshadows my gazebo,and big birds? big poop, need I say more? So, DH is putting up scaffolding to put a twenty foot ladder on to hang an boombbox turned to rap music next to the nest. He's wants my grandson to stand on the scaffolding, stomping on the poppers you get for New Years Eve, when the birds try to attack him. We're also tying Mylar balloon over my gazebo and trees and I'm getting an air horn. The timing is crucial because once the birds lay eggs federal law protects them.) I have been forbidden to take any pictures.

I wish I could get a pair of egrets or herons to nest down by my pond, guess the Juniper trees are just too short for them to feel safe. 20 feet is the standard, yep, I even looked up how to provide "inviting" kind of situations for them, like a 20 foot pole with a short lipped platform thing on top years back. Now, that's a telephone pole, and my auger only goes 5' max which would only reasonably support something along the lines of 10-12'.
If all else fails, and they lay an egg,........tarps. Their poop shouldn't rain further out than 3 feet from the nest, unless those babies have magnum projectile poopers and there's a good wind. Lol!
Plain mylar balloons with a set of eyes drawn on them with a Sharpie, a set on both sides. There's one specifically made for bird deterrent but it's not worth the $$$. It's just a big ol' eyeball, black and red. Kinda dumb since birds see in black and white.

Why can't you take pics?

Let the appeals begin! Bahhhhh- what a waste of $, IMO

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Jodi Ann Arias 13-1105 (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 6/4/2008 Guilty By Jury Guilty By Jury 3/5/2015

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/30/2015 NAP - Notice Of Appeal - Party (001) 4/30/2015
NOTE: Notice of Appeal from Superior Court and Designation of Record for Appeal
4/28/2015 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/28/2015
NOTE: Motion to preserve juror biographical information
-------------------------

Hope she likes her new cell and the heat- 100 degrees today says LinasK :facepalm:

Wonder what that "preserve juror biographical info" is all about- juror 17 maybe?

She has a really long, narrow face!! Can't see how anyone thought this attractive.:thinking:
And her brows are growing back in- no tweezers for you Jodi!!!
Heard it was going to be 100 degrees in Phoenix today! Welcome to the heat!!

Friday will be 100. http://www.friendlyforecast.com/usa/weather.php?db=332195&?-Forecast-Perryville-Arizona and they are currently under an "Air Quality Alert".

WEATHER WARNING - ADVISORY!

Perryville (Maricopa County) AZ
Air Quality Alert- High Pollution Advisory For Maricopa County Including The Greater Phoenix Area Friday -
The Arizona Department Of Environmental Quality In Phoenix Has Issued An Ozone High Pollution Advisory For The Greater Phoenix Area For Friday.
This Means That Forecast Weather Conditions Combined With Existing Ozone Levels Are Expected To Result In Local Maximum 8-hour Ozone Concentrations That Pose A Health Risk. Adverse Health Effects Increase As Air Quality Deteriorates.
Ozone Is An Air Contaminant Which Can Cause Breathing Difficulties For Children As Well As Persons With Respiratory Problems. A Decrease In Physical Activity Is Recommended.
If It Is A Regularly Scheduled Work Day - You Are Urged To Car Pool - Telecommute - Or Use Mass Transit.
The Use Of Gasoline-powered Equipment Should Be Reduced Or Done Late In The Day.
For Details On This High Pollution Advisory For Maricopa County - Visit The Adeq Internet Site At Www.azdeq.gov Or Call 602-771-2367 For Recorded Forecast Information.
National Weather Service (NWS) Original Source Air Quality Alert

Looks just like the Duchess and little baby Zuri :facepalm:

Hi Bernina :seeya: How's the weather?

Most excellent! High 84, low 48, and maybe rain on Monday with temps dropping down to the 70's the rest of that week. Last freeze date May 10, so we'll see!

It could have a lot to do with just the position you have to keep it in while it heals, but if it where me, I'd call the Doc.
Never had a broken arm, but damnit if I don't look like I bit the dust on a dirtbike and got road rash. Of course, the Zuri Monster strikes again. She's just so chilled out all the time, I don't *think* when I do something "different" with her..............gah. Yesterday was all about clipping her to a lunge line and we're going to play in the round pen..........right.

>insert choice swear words fondly used by truckers and others<

See, Zuri can bolt with her head pulled around almost into her shoulder, And maybe I should have clipped her onto the lunge line AFTER I got her in the round pen, instead of where she had, oh, like say 100's of feet of open space. And she can "run" just on her back feet, Actually it's an amazing feat, should think about letting her join the circus.

It takes about 24 hours for my body to register pain. But this time, I got ice on my knee before it could start talking to me, took a couple of aspirin, and it's not too bad this morning. Going to love the scars on my shoulder when the scabs fall off, the old forearm is just mottled with bruises from pebbles.

On another note, Zubaz and Star got to spend the last few days together. Lots of whinnying, snorting, mayhem, but they're in love.

View attachment 74112

What color their foal will be is going to be a mystery. Have all of Zubaz's pedigree, but Star came from a mustang roundup on BLM 13 years ago. She had one foal prior, a little buskin filly out of who knows what stallion out there with the wild horses. She was pregnant when they rounded her up but didn't know it.

Today I'm going to pull the swan eggs out....they were all infertile. Bummer. But the incubator is all set up for the peafowl eggs when they start laying here shortly, so that's a good thing. The swans have 2 eggs under them, who knows what will happen to them. Going to blow out the swan eggs and add them to my collection. Juan is shooting blanks, I suppose. He hasn't in past years, but they never stayed on the nest long enough for the babies to hatch.

Now for some very interesting documentaries: Finally got around to watch "Gasland". OMG. A "must see" if your State allows fracking. It's appalling what politicians can do to fly under the radar when people's health and the environment is concerned. I'm going to watch "Gasland 2" tonight. I am so glad that natural gas has not been found in Arizona, although I'm going to do some research on what's going on in the 4 Corners. That area was marked as a natural gas area, and I'm kinda wondering if that's whats causing these big "booms" around here from the earth's plates moving and that earthquake last year in Sedona.

Another must see: "Fed Up" narrated by Katie Couric. Another political snafu with the sugar lobbyists and special interest groups. Good bye "Cinnamon Toast Crunch", looks like my breakfast buddy will be Quaker Oats with my blueberries. When I started converting the grams of sugar in to teaspoons, I was like "you have got to be ******* kidding me." 4 grams of sugar equals 1 teaspoon. http://www.newhealthguide.org/How-Many-Grams-Of-Sugar-In-A-Teaspoon.html I'm not a soda drinker, but a can of coke has 44 grams of sugar, that's 11 teaspoons. I know women who can't go through a day without several cans of Pepsi, Coke, or RC cola.
Divide the grams by 4 and you have your teaspoon value. The food product makers were slick, use grams instead of teaspoons because how many consumers actually know the conversion?

That's it for a bit, going to read posts and chill a bit before I go out and play with Zuri.........:truce:

Too bad about the swan eggs. :(

We have fracking all over NY ( and Pa.) and there's a war going on where I live to keep it out of our area. Hope we win because fracking is a terrible thing for the environment, IMO.

Let the appeals begin! Bahhhhh- what a waste of $, IMO

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Jodi Ann Arias 13-1105 (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 6/4/2008 Guilty By Jury Guilty By Jury 3/5/2015

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/30/2015 NAP - Notice Of Appeal - Party (001) 4/30/2015
NOTE: Notice of Appeal from Superior Court and Designation of Record for Appeal
4/28/2015 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/28/2015
NOTE: Motion to preserve juror biographical information
-------------------------

Hope she likes her new cell and the heat- 100 degrees today says LinasK :facepalm:

Wonder what that "preserve juror biographical info" is all about- juror 17 maybe?

I think that's 281129's motion, like they're going after the other 11 and the whole "social media" baloney. It's not going to fly. The basis of an appeal has to be on the premise that if certain things came to light, evidence was presented or not, or objections would have been sustained/denied, would it have had any effect on the verdict. Certainly can't go with the inadequate defense, $3 mil + worth. And 281129 and her mumsie were begging JSS to keep Nurmi on at one point. Can't have it both ways.

Would be ironic if she did get a re-trial on appeal and she got the DP. :floorlaugh:

I think that's 281129's motion, like they're going after the other 11 and the whole "social media" baloney. It's not going to fly. The basis of an appeal has to be on the premise that if certain things came to light, evidence was presented or not, or objections would have been sustained/denied, would it have had any effect on the verdict. Certainly can't go with the inadequate defense, $3 mil + worth. And 281129 and her mumsie were begging JSS to keep Nurmi on at one point. Can't have it both ways.

Would be ironic if she did get a re-trial on appeal and she got the DP. :floorlaugh:

BBM Oh please- I couldn't stand another trial for her. I'm just fried from the last 2 trials and have had enough. :(

Too bad about the swan eggs. :(

We have fracking all over NY ( and Pa.) and there's a war going on where I live to keep it out of our area. Hope we win because fracking is a terrible thing for the environment, IMO.

That documentary was produced by a man in Pennsylvania. The Natural gas idiots ended up putting one of their set ups just past his property line.
I am REALLY surprised there aren't eco terrorists blowing those well heads up. Lots of payoffs, hush money, settlements with the stipulation the victims keep their mouths shut. They've destroyed ground water for hundreds of small communities.

That whole watershed for PA and NY will be undrinkable if the government lets them drill.
Dick Cheney should have his testicles handed to him and Haliburton should be fined out of business.
Proprietary "ingredients", that's how their fracking chemicals didn't have to be "known". It's like the secret ingredients in Kentucky Fried Chicken.

You'd have to be a complete idiot or a stock holder in the natural gas industry NOT to connect the cause and effect of fracking and deadly chemicals in wells and waterways, health issues, earthquakes..............Tap water that ignites is normal.:facepalm: In what world?!!?!?!?!

There's some government oversite committees and agencies that have REALLY dropped the ball.
With all the cost that goes into fracking a well, we'd be far better off having that money put into solar and wind energy.

BBM Oh please- I couldn't stand another trial for her. I'm just fried from the last 2 trials and have had enough. :(

I'm there with you, YorN. I still haven't watched the whole trial, just the day of VIS, 281129's insult to injury and JSS sentencing her. Did watch the super duper secret testimony by 281129, yawn, but that's all.
Don't think I missed much........

12 News retweeted
NWS Phoenix &#8207;@NWSPhoenix 2m2 minutes ago
At 215 pm, sitting at a high of 97 in Phoenix. Can we get to 100 degrees? It's going to be close. #azwx #100watch

Oh. Boy. Things are heating up for #281129

Just want to say thanks Sidebar friends for stopping by the James Holmes Theater Shooting trial thread. Great to have your support. Yes, it is a difficult, complex trial and very, very sad. Many followers of the trial are so appreciative of the no-nonsense, yet friendly way Judge Samour runs the courtroom and the respect among all the attorneys.

Trial resumes on Monday. (As a rule, court is in session 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tomorrow is an exception.)

HUGS!
:loveyou:

Just want to say thanks Sidebar friends for stopping by the James Holmes Theater Shooting trial thread. Great to have your support. Yes, it is a difficult, complex trial and very, very sad. Many followers of the trial are so appreciative of the no-nonsense, yet friendly way Judge Samour runs the courtroom and the respect among all the attorneys.

Trial resumes on Monday. (As a rule, court is in session 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tomorrow is an exception.

HUGS!

Maybe I'll be up to joining you kids on Monday! And.......maybe I'll take a "look/see' at the thread?
Trials with a mental illness.............like a REAL , break from reality mental illness, tear me up. You kind of need the experience of living with or knowing someone who is mentally ill to grasp what kind of hell the accused is going through. Don't know if that makes sense. My heart broke for Andrea Yates, Jared Loughner, and Julie Shenecker.

12 News retweeted
NWS Phoenix &#8207;@NWSPhoenix 2m2 minutes ago
At 215 pm, sitting at a high of 97 in Phoenix. Can we get to 100 degrees? It's going to be close. #azwx #100watch

Oh. Boy. Things are heating up for #281129

[video=youtube;WPhwvZJEQX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPhwvZJEQX4[/video]

SIZZLEBAR!

(The Welshman can still belt it out...whoo!)

Hello, everyone! :curtsey:

I'm there with you, YorN. I still haven't watched the whole trial, just the day of VIS, 281129's insult to injury and JSS sentencing her. Did watch the super duper secret testimony by 281129, yawn, but that's all.
Don't think I missed much........

I haven't watched the retrial at all (just posted all the Ytubes for everyone else)- why bother- same old lies anyway and who wants to hear anymore of it. I did watch the sentencing, I think :thinking: I don't remember now. :blushing:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Trial resumes on Monday. (As a rule, court is in session 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tomorrow is an exception.

HUGS!

Thanks for posting the tweets for the trial. :blowkiss:

Maybe I'll be up to joining you kids on Monday! And.......maybe I'll take a "look/see' at the thread?
Trials with a mental illness.............like a REAL , break from reality mental illness, tear me up. You kind of need the experience of living with or knowing someone who is mentally ill to grasp what kind of hell the accused is going through. Don't know if that makes sense. My heart broke for Andrea Yates, Jared Loughner, and Julie Shenecker.

It makes sense to me. Mental Illness is a reality that unfortunately many/most people don't want to accept. The brain is an organ like the heart, lungs pancreas, liver. All can become diseased. I gotta stop myself now before I pull out the soapbox.

Today is April 30th is the one hundredth and twentieth day of this year. It's been a lovely day a beautiful night so far.

1789 - George Washington, the great military leader of the American Revolution, is inaugurated as the first president of the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WNyPpRceTSU

1803 - The Louisisna Purchase and adjoining lands were sold to the Untied States by France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5uBiH7N4HlU

1812 - Louisiana becomes the 18th state in the Untied States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-M0J3uEAT4&feature=player_detailpage

1900 - The United States annexes Hawaii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NfWH0SB5_O8

1932 - Tuberculosis is becoming an epidemic. Many are dying. (My mother said the last time she saw her mother was when they were putting her in the car to take her to a sanatorium. She told her " I love you baby" and she died two months later. She left behind my mother, four years old, and a son six months old.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AANT-BO8Jcc

1939 - President Franklin D. Roosevelt gave the opening day address for the New York World Fair which was not only broadcast over the various radio networks but also was televised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AANT-BO8Jcc

1940 - Jimmy Dorsey and his band recorded the song "Contrasts." Along with his brother Tommy, the Dorsey Brothers became the big band and swing era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-iKEpF-mZTA

1945 - Holed up in a bunker under his headquarters in Berlin, Adolf Hitler and his newly married mistress Eva Braun commits suicide by swallowing a cyanide capsule and shooting himself in the head. Soon after, Germany unconditionally surrendered to the Allied forces, ending Hitler’s dreams of a “1,000-year” Reich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0eUPwnbjAfA

1947 - Bolder Dam re named for President Herbert Hoover (Why do I have to think of Jodi crossing over after she came out of her fog and thought something bad had happened?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gl678len3aY

1952 - Mr Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ICGrjmJouWA

1960 - Fats Domino, "Walking To New Orleans" walks it way up the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H1z45jVlM34

1962 - The Orlons do the Wah Watusi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nxYIgGB8o7w

1965 - Herman Hermits make their stage debut as the opening for act The Zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FFvXvfUF-Co

and The Zombies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=...SQdq5&v=qzpPy9hJYA8&feature=player_detailpage

1975 - The fall of Saigon.

[video=youtube;mcQoQDkhbYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mcQoQDkhbYw[/video]

1977 - "Jet Liner takes off for the Steve Miller Band when released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e0mQ1ojc9PQ

1979 - Bob Dylan, "Trouble In Mind"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AJWjUqWulkM

1983 - Manfred Mann celebrates their twenty fifth anniversary at London's Marquee Club. It was they ans many other band started in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_iTwlfDuG2s

1988 - For the first time since its release 11 years earlier, Pink Floyd's landmark LP Dark Side Of The Moon leaves the Billboard charts, only to return a few months later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DLOth-BuCNY

2003 - Libya accepts responsibility for thr 1988 bombing of Pan An Flight 103 over Lockerbie Scotland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvA7LmZr7Qg&feature=player_detailpage

Some Christmas Santa's I painted and had on display at Christmas...

Old World Santa painted on old barn wood
oldwordsanta001.jpg

Old World Santa Painted on old oatmeal tin
oldworldsanta002.jpg

Sled I made and painted
sled001.jpg

Santa Sled I made and painted
sled002.jpg

click on picture to enlarge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online