SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While watching the millionth show about Jodi Ann Arias, I had an idea about one of the reasons why she might have killed Travis (in addition to jealousy), and why the subject is so engrossing.

So many people see through JA, and pretty much dismiss her, avoid her, and tell others to get the hell away from her.

By murdering Travis so heinously, Jodi made it so no one could dismiss her any longer. Now we are forced to pay attention, if only to make sure that Travis gets justice.

Once that is done, Jodi will once again be avoided like the plague.

You make an interesting point. My grandmother would use the old saying, "Might as well be shot for a sheep as a lamb" comes to mind. Travis calls her terrible names, the worst thing that ever happened to him. He keeps that up, even after sleeping with her again on the night of June 4th. She snaps and screams, "You want to see the worst thing? I'll give you the worst thing---- and she unleashes all the fury she repressed all these months while pretending to be quiet, shy, religious, worthy and successful.

I am starting a campaign that Becky Smith cannot get a ne v v computer until this is all over!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Becky Smith? Madam, do you knovv vvho you are addressing? I just vvant to gather up my vvs and svvoop out of this room. Harumph! :)floorlaugh:)

Per JSS- "Ladies and gentleman, I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to a unanimous decision...."

So either this is a true deadlock from the jurors or a misunderstanding by the judge?

I think it was pulled for review. I saw where two mod's were quite upset with us for discussing the case not sticking to observations and questions. They had locked the thread and they didn't type happy!

IE - we need to apologize to the mods *if* they open it back up and BEHAVE OURSELVES better!

I've asked but with no response if the mods could give us a ON TOPIC thread because I think that is why so many court convos happen on the court observation thread.....cuz all the other threads have too many posts that aren't on topic...I realize these posts are allowed but for some people there are just too many posts to keep up with. JMHO

about the DEADLOCKED jury. How can all these NEWS organizations ignore the facts in a story? It's rather comical. I tweeted it to them and suggested they Follow the Maricopa Ct twitter feed...

I love this .. so they cleared it up at the time and the media just ignored them? How funny :floorlaugh:

We just got 2 put in the general area about 5 years ago, never heard them called "rotaries", but they are fondly referred to here as "cluster ******s". They really have no place out here, semi's with cattle, hay, horses, or heavy equipment..........yep, real bright. It helps when giving directions though, "Go south on 89 to the "cluster ******" and get off it going east." That's in Chino Valley, though, they have 3 traffic lights and a Safeway, wooHoo!!!:scared:

We call them roundabouts here!

Who actually saw the jury question, in order to quote it? I know it's listed on the az central site, but who actually saw it?

:dunno: One would think only (limited) court personal would have actually seen the jury question.

Thanks for your sweet post MM.....yep Kyle lost all his beautiful hair. I kept an envelope full of it.

http://6g6.eu/sih0-waiting.jpg

What a gorgeous young man you have there Rosemary! I will surly keep you both in my prayers.

I'll bet we have some friends here at WS who would love to send 100's of get well wishes to Kyle if you think he'd like that. I would very much like to send mine if you're willing to post the hosp. address.

I can't believe after following this trial for months I have to go out of town tomorrow. Based on my past experiences with 'luck' ...tomorrow the verdict will come down and I am not going to be here to see it. As long as the verdict is what the Alexander family wants I am ok with that.

I want to be positive that's the actual text of the question.

If it is, how in the hell could they all have read it and assumed this jury was deadlocked???? Why wouldn't they clarify the question? Because that's a huge thing to be wrong about.
Me too. But this is the best source I've found so far. (gag)
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

Media and talking heads love drama, readership and ratings. It plays into JW's hand to stir the fire of how superb her closing arguments and Jodi's statement were. Unless I missed it, JM hasn't reacted at all. If he's not concerned, I'll be darned if I will be...doncha know :)

I believe, and I could be wrong, is that the jury can't be polled for clarification during deliberations.

I love this .. so they cleared it up at the time and the media just ignored them? How funny :floorlaugh:

I'm SO relieved!!! I apologize for my indignation and general upsetedness (that's my technical term for pi$$*@) earlier!!!

I feel much better after hearing this! After all the hoopla earlier today, I went to dinner with a friend and am just now getting home trying to catch up - I'm so glad I read this!!

Per JSS- "Ladies and gentleman, I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to a unanimous decision...."

So either this is a true deadlock from the jurors or a misunderstanding by the judge?

For all we know, they went back there and said 'jeez, we just asked a question!"

It will be hilarious if we're right and when they come back, they're shocked we ever thought they were deadlocked. And the only ones who picked up on it was US!!!

Every time I go in there I feel like I'm in an empty closet, Atthelake. Nobody's ever around. When do you suggest we drop in?

During court hours whenever anything is happening in the trial, people are there. There's a regular crew that hangs out. There was 10 or 15 there today I think. More yesterday during the forum blackout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela