SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of my business, but I quit 13 years ago. There were no such things as E-cigs. If you've stopped smoking, for goodness sakes stay away from nicotine in any delivery form. :)

I don't really want to start using them but I'm getting desperate. They do make nicotine-free e-cigs so it's tempting.

Sidebar has been crashed big time.

I'm assuming you mean by non-sidebar related posts. Normally, we have a lot of fun in here...you too, if I recall.... Guess some folks want "on topic" conversations even in here.

And SHUT UP about "your Samantha" ... you are sounding so creepy Dr. Drew. I can't even watch you anymore ... and most of your guests. I am NOT liking D.Driver ... yuck!! Talk about arrogance ... JMO

I really like DD but that "my Samantha" business left me feeling unsettled. If he meant that he felt protective of her, I get that since most of us felt for her when she was giving her VIS.

But he continues to refer to her as "my Samantha" and it's getting really worrisome. He should let it go.

I think we're on overload with all of them. If the trial had lasted only a month, 2 at the most, we wouldn't be so disenchanted with them all.

Well except for Holly Hughes. I just don't like her demeanor and attitude of HOLLY KNOWS ALL.

Per JSS- "Ladies and gentleman, I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to a unanimous decision...."

So either this is a true deadlock from the jurors or a misunderstanding by the judge?

Well if they're still deliberating for now I will assume they're not in a deadlock yet. Why would they waste the entire day in the jury room?

I don't really want to start using them but I'm getting desperate. They do make nicotine-free e-cigs so it's tempting.

Oh! I didn't know that... as long as there's not nicotine involved, why not?

Per JSS- "Ladies and gentleman, I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to a unanimous decision...."

So either this is a true deadlock from the jurors or a misunderstanding by the judge?

Someone posted the actual note from jury earlier and the note said something like "If we can not reach an unanimous verdict, should we inform the judge or fill out the verdict form per jury instructions?" It sounds like a statement in a question form. But my interpretation is that they might have a preliminary vote only two hours into deliberation and their votes split, so they want to clarify the procedure. I might be wrong since I don't think the judge will make this kind of misunderstanding.

about the DEADLOCKED jury. How can all these NEWS organizations ignore the facts in a story? It's rather comical. I tweeted it to them and suggested they Follow the Maricopa Ct twitter feed...

They refuse to hear anything else .. they've been told, but it just doesn't fit with the agenda .. tomorrow they'll be breaking this news as if they're the ones that unearthed it.

I love this .. so they cleared it up at the time and the media just ignored them? How funny :floorlaugh:

:scared:but why does JSS say "ladies and gentlemen I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to an unanimous decision":scared:

Where am I missing the piece that she assumed it was that and not "what if...."

For all we know, they went back there and said 'jeez, we just asked a question!"

It will be hilarious if we're right and when they come back, they're shocked we ever thought they were deadlocked. And the only ones who picked up on it was US!!!

LOL no kidding! I remember the juror question in a recent trial " can you define unanimous". It turned out to be nothing really.

:scared:but why does JSS say "ladies and gentlemen I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to an unanimous decision":scared:

Where am I missing the piece that she assumed it was that and not "what if...."

You're not. She did say that, I've heard it several times now. The controversy involves what the actual question from the jury read. The Court tweet linked above does not say the same thing the Judge said. Which is right? I know I don't know.

Someone posted the actual note from jury earlier and the note said something like "If we can not reach an unanimous verdict, should we inform the judge or fill out the verdict form per jury instructions?" It sounds like a statement in a question form. But my interpretation is that they might have a preliminary vote only two hours into deliberation and their votes split, so they want to clarify the procedure. I might be wrong since I don't think the judge will make this kind of misunderstanding.

Well, she did neglect to read them a very important part of the jury instructions so.......

I have sat back and observed for awhile; jumping in only when I felt I needed to share something. I have a couple of questions but didn't know where the appropriate place was do ask...

1) What is "downstairs" or chat in the private areas? It sounds all secret squirrel...Do I need a decoder ring?

2) Other than this area/thread we're in now, where else can one talk about just "stuff" case related and otherwise?

Lastly I wondered if any of you ever TRULY aimed for the circles with the lawn darts? I got bored of that quickly and moved on to neighbor kids and siblings. Oh and what about croquet mallets/balls? Did any of you ever swing 'em like they were golf club? Also actual horse shoes with a bunch of beer drinkin' adults were always fun. Ahhh childhood.:seeya::cool:

I missed it what happened

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

:gasp:

You FAILED to report as ordered??!!!??!!!:scared:

Kidding. I didn't watch, either. And apparently Katie Wick said nothing too exciting anyway, so dinna fash yerself, lassie.

Nothing we didn't already know. The published report earlier, that said that the question actually asked "If we cannot come to a verdict, what should we do..." Katie Wick says that that made her feel better. She cannot verify that statement. We have to assume it is true, I guess. But that's not much of a lightbulb moment.

Now I'm totally confused. If the jury was only asking a question of the judge, why were Samantha and Tanisha so upset and crying?

Also, what happened on the regular Arias/Alexander threads that a whole bunch of them are locked? Would someone PM me what happened if you can't post it here?

not to be a buttinski but i quit with chantix after smoking forever........

it was easier than i thought........i NEVER thought i would quit.....

good luck, you can do it and stay a quitter :D

Back home and no wine for me. I don't need it. lol

Jodi must think she is winning because she asked for 2nd degree and said this would be a waste of time... :please: If I was a juror in that room, i'd bringing up the autopsy photos and the fact she premeditated this murder as well as try to hide from it.

GUYS! Watching Dr Drew...tell me if I'm on to something...arrested development. Her attitude in some of these interviews remind me of bratty me when I was 16. SIXTEEN. So add THAT to all the other psychoses.

AND Just think. The way we're all so angry with her? THINK of how angry Travis must've been. No wonder that email from him where he's calling her on her stuff.

Just think. Someone called her on her stuff and she murders him. Period.

wow.

I have sat back and observed for awhile; jumping in only when I felt I needed to share something. I have a couple of questions but didn't know where the appropriate place was do ask...

1) What is "downstairs" or chat in the private areas? It sounds all secret squirrel...Do I need a decoder ring?

2) Other than this area/thread we're in now, where else can one talk about just "stuff" case related and otherwise?

Lastly I wondered if any of you ever TRULY aimed for the circles with the lawn darts? I got bored of that quickly and moved on to neighbor kids and siblings. Oh and what about croquet mallets/balls? Did any of you ever swing 'em like they were golf club? Also actual horse shoes with a bunch of beer drinkin' adults were always fun. Ahhh childhood.:seeya::cool:

Downstairs is the Chat Room. There is no moderation there. That means you enter at your own risk.

As for Jarts, I don't recall using them appropriately more than a couple of times. Other than that, I launched them in all sorts of creative ways, including using a wrist rocket.

You're not. She did say that, I've heard it several times now. The controversy involves what the actual question from the jury read. The Court tweet linked above does not say the same thing the Judge said. Which is right? I know I don't know.

":scared:" is my permanent smiley until I can see some court minutes...;)

Who is our court min poster.... Ugh WS has made me so lazy to sleuth on my own:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper