SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said this before, but I'll say it again...could it be that the jury is confused about the jury instructions? I'm sure they have read over this part again amongst themselves, but when JW was talking, remember she kept saying, "if you find one mitigating factor," and "if you individually find one mitigating factor." She made it sound like if you find one mitigating factor, then you have to spare her life. I mean, is this true? I don't see how that could be true. Then another part though, JSS read that the totality of the mitigation has to be greater than the totality of the aggravation.

So perhaps there is a juror or two who says, I think her age is a mitigating factor, and well JW told us that if we find one we have to give her life.

I think Juan was much less clear in this phase than with the others...it could be that he just couldn't say much b/c this phase is so subjective, I don't know. I will gladly eat my words if the jury comes back with death verdict. Then I'm sure I'll be saying Juan did a GREAT JOB in the mitigation phase. But I wish he would have gone after what JW said, which she said multiple times that if you find one mitigating factor, you must give life.

Any thoughts on this? Did anyone else feel that way? I have to say I was confused after the closing statements about how exactly they wree supposed to go about determining death or life, but then again I didn't actually read the instructions, just followed along with JSS and then watched the arguments.

I agree that the instructions themselves could have been what they were going over and they may have asked about the procedures in case they cannot decide.

I used to have trouble understanding how coming to a concensus seems to go against individual decisions, but someone explained it well for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having your mind changed as other jurors explain their own reasoning to you. I would think it would be easier to convince people to go down to Life though, rather than trying to convince people to go with DP. But it all depends on how many are going for which type.

What is really weird to me is letting the judge decide whether Life is either LWOP or LWP. Why not let the jury decide that too.
BBM

Not necessarily. They've all heard the same evidence and arguments but not all have taken notes. Each person is affected by diffrent bits and remembers/forgets different bits. Some may feel more confident about voting for death penalty after they have their memories refreshed either by other jurors or by a read-back of testimony. We out here in the cyber-gallery can stay up late, read other's opinions and compare notes about each day's evidence. Heck, we get to re-watch the whole trial, anytime we like. Not so for the jury.

I believe these jurors are just very committed and will help one another come to a unanimous decision. Remember that the Wendy Andriano jury was deeply divided in the begining of deliberations. Juan Martinez prosecuted her too. Some jurors were uncomfortable with the death penalty until, through deliberations, they considered the facts/factors and they unanimously voted for death.

Yes. It was a good one. The lighting was crap and she thought she had interview control. :floorlaugh:

And he showed her in stripes on the footage which she specifically asked him not to .. also weren't you all annoyed that she berated him for not showing her shout out to DV victims in her first interview, and her advice to document everything when he DID .. I was annoyed .. she was wrong about that, but criticised him in her interview with him, and again later .. not that it matters, but it bugged me.

Yes! I cracked up when the camera rolled back and there she was in her silly little sweater and big ole black and white striped jail pants and jail flops! :floorlaugh:

No Jodi, you don't get to call the shots! And we saw you and your ugly jail britches!

I rolled my eyes hard when she told him that she really didn't want to do the first interview she had done with him - but she did anyway because "she was a woman of her word' - yet she goes on to do a second interview with him.:facepalm: I was like...."girl...please!"

don't forget the leg chains and pink socks!!! :floorlaugh:

I stand by they are NOT Travis'.

OMG! Coming in late on this...but those fingers look more like Brewer's than Travis'...where did I see the comparison photographs? are you guys looking at the comparison? NO WAY that was Travis.

And he showed her in stripes on the footage which she specifically asked him not to .. also weren't you all annoyed that she berated him for not showing her shout out to DV victims in her first interview, and her advice to document everything when he DID .. I was annoyed .. she was wrong about that, but criticised him in her interview with him, and again later .. not that it matters, but it bugged me.

It was incredible. Her narcism is amazing. He did so much better in this 2nd interview. He knew her games and he cut her off as soon as she tried to throw out BS and he brought her right back to the questions.

Like when he kept asking her if she would apologize. She tried to get out of it and you could tell she did not want to say it. She was not sincere.
It was painful to her to say those words "I am sorry".

She always throws in other BS things as she talks and adds little tidbits of nothings. She is so evil and she has no remorse whatsoever.

Yes! I cracked up when the camera rolled back and there she was in her silly little sweater and big ole black and white striped jail pants and jail flops! :floorlaugh:

No Jodi, you don't get to call the shots! And we saw you and your ugly jail britches!

I rolled my eyes hard when she told him that she really didn't want to do the first interview she had done with him - but she did anyway because "she was a woman of her word' - yet she goes on to do a second interview with him.:facepalm: I was like...."girl...please!"

OH yeah .. like she wasn't ultra keen to get on camera that day, as in yeah, you know if Troy hadn't turned up, she would have been relieved .. pffffft!

I think if she had another round of interviews now reporters would just be openly cruel to her .. basically Ryan Owens won the reporting last night, with Troy coming in second .. people want to see her getting called out on her BS.

I LMAO when he asked her why she is doing interviews and she responds with why are you interviewing me?

That's when it went into a downward spiral... :floorlaugh:

I'm still laughing about that Troy interview. She did a triple talk when he asked why she wanted to talk to the media. She didn't answer that question. She just repeated from the seat of her pants, "Well, at first I didn't but a promise is a promise that I've regretted since the day I said it or whatever, then spun into "well a promise is a promise" even if I don't like it" or whatever. She knew and he knew when he asked that question that she was going on prime time giving long interviews last night. gah...such a double take and triple talk. Uhh...well... Why did Jodi go on tv? No chase her around from tv station to tv station for that answer. gar I think she should rot & quickly. As fast as that witch in WOO that had water poured on her. Melt quickly. buh buh bye.

I think the fact that she has no criminal history is a mitigating factor and her "inexperience"; it can be perceived that way imo.

I have said this before, but I'll say it again...could it be that the jury is confused about the jury instructions? I'm sure they have read over this part again amongst themselves, but when JW was talking, remember she kept saying, "if you find one mitigating factor," and "if you individually find one mitigating factor." She made it sound like if you find one mitigating factor, then you have to spare her life. I mean, is this true? I don't see how that could be true. Then another part though, JSS read that the totality of the mitigation has to be greater than the totality of the aggravation.

So perhaps there is a juror or two who says, I think her age is a mitigating factor, and well JW told us that if we find one we have to give her life.

I think Juan was much less clear in this phase than with the others...it could be that he just couldn't say much b/c this phase is so subjective, I don't know. I will gladly eat my words if the jury comes back with death verdict. Then I'm sure I'll be saying Juan did a GREAT JOB in the mitigation phase. But I wish he would have gone after what JW said, which she said multiple times that if you find one mitigating factor, you must give life.

Any thoughts on this? Did anyone else feel that way? I have to say I was confused after the closing statements about how exactly they wree supposed to go about determining death or life, but then again I didn't actually read the instructions, just followed along with JSS and then watched the arguments.

Right on. There's another Devil Woman song too. "She's just a devil woman, with evil on her mind..." "She's gonna get you from behind..." . Yeah, that's her alright.

CLIFF RICHARD - Devil Woman (1976) - YouTube

Glad to see that I am not the only one who believes this is CKJA, sure and sure enough. Hope the other posts are correct about the CKJA having a hard time in prison, death penalty or no. :rockon:

OH yeah .. like she wasn't ultra keen to get on camera that day, as in yeah, you know if Troy hadn't turned up, she would have been relieved .. pffffft!

I think if she had another round of interviews now reporters would just be openly cruel to her .. basically Ryan Owens won the reporting last night, with Troy coming in second .. people want to see her getting called out on her BS.

Kudos to Troy, and triple kudos to Ryan Owens - he was amazing! :rockon:

How satisfying to see decent reporters who will not enable this lying narcissist.

It was incredible. Her narcism is amazing. He did so much better in this 2nd interview. He knew her games and he cut her off as soon as she tried to throw out BS and he brought her right back to the questions.

Like when he kept asking her if she would apologize. She tried to get out of it and you could tell she did not want to say it. She was not sincere.

She always throws in other BS things as she talks and adds little tidbits of nothings. She is so evil and she has no remorse whatsoever.

He did great, didn't he? I love that he asked some hard questions.

There was another guy from ABC who interviewed her that I liked. I didn't see the entire interview yet (someone gimmie a link please! lol), but I've seen snippets of it all day. I'm talking about the guy who asked her when was she going to tell the truth about what really happened in that bathroom the day she killed Travis - and she glared at the guy, paused and said "I don't know what you are talking about - I have given the truth" and then she adds "I didn't know you were such a hater...blah...blah...blah" What a flipping narcissist! She thinks she's clever sparring with people like that, but if she only knew how it really portrayed her. Lawdy she is a crazy evil mess.

I LMAO when he asked her why she is doing interviews and she responds with why are you interviewing me?

That's when it went into a downward spiral... :floorlaugh:

What about the interview with Ryan Owens: 'No-one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?' I could watch this all day http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-interview-2013-arias-calls-reporter-hater-19231549 it's a 45 min interview he says at the beginning .. I hope we get to see more .. he's fun.

Oh my! I literally went speechless after that interview. I think I even posted that. :floorlaugh:

Didn't mean to offend anyone.
It is satirical based on JA's "change of perspective" on whether she wanted the DP or not.
Obviously I don't expect (or want) the jury to actually do this) it was a joke.

No worries. Some people are just humor-deficient. Smile, say, "Why bless your little heart" and move on.

:angel:

He did great, didn't he? I love that he asked some hard questions.

There was another guy from ABC who interviewed her that I liked. I didn't see the entire interview yet (someone gimmie a link please! lol), but I've seen snippets of it all day. I'm talking about the guy who asked her when was she going to tell the truth about what really happened in that bathroom the day she killed Travis - and she glared at the guy, paused and said "I don't know what you are talking about - I have given the truth" and then she adds "I didn't know you were such a hater...blah...blah...blah" What a flipping narcissist! She thinks she's clever sparring with people like that, but if she only knew how it really portrayed her. Lawdy she is a crazy evil mess.

that was Ryan Owens!

I agree. I do think Juan could have done better explaining it too. I think his problem is that he knows it so well, but doesnt realize that the jury may be begginners at this.

It is very confusing and I would have to read through all the instructions and understand them better. The TERMS is what I would have to learn. I still dont know how mitigation factors are supposed to help me decide life or DP. So what if she has 1 or 2. If the aggravating factors like cruelty far outweight the 1 or 2 she has, surely they cannot overrule the DP or can they. No need to answer because I am not on the jury , but if I was, I would study them and learn all the rules before deciding.

And who is this tweet directed at? :floorlaugh:

"Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias
"Never trust a reporter who has a nice smile." - William Rauch"

The Lifetime Channel is showing her interview, now and in 25 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand