DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PeanutGallery1.jpg

Link: http://lovetherebel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/PeanutGallery1.jpg
---------------------------------

Seems that some people have been posting not so nice tweets in Lawrence's name :facepalm:

L. Kirk Nurmi ‏@_nurmilaw 8h8 hours ago
Please be advised that any tweets that are derogatory, aggressive or insulting to anyone do not come from me personally. #jodiarias

https://twitter.com/_nurmilaw
--------------------------------

CGgCEnIVIAALsOj.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGgCEnIVIAALsOj.jpg

Don't know what this is all about: :confused:
----------------------------------------------

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Jodi Ann Arias 13-1105 (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 6/4/2008 Guilty By Jury Guilty By Jury 3/5/2015

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
6/2/2015 WSH - Worksheet - Party (001) 6/2/2015
NOTE: EXHIBIT/

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Arlington man executed for 1983 quadruple killings

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article22786248.html
----------------------------

Texas Executes Lester Bower, State's Oldest Prisoner on Death Row

"The oldest prisoner on death row in Texas was executed tonight.

Lester Bower Jr. received a lethal dose of pentobarbital for killing four people in an airplane hangar on a ranch about 60 miles from Dallas in 1983. He was executed hours after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected an appeal from his lawyers.

"Much has been said about this case,” he said while strapped to the death chamber gurney. “Much has been written about this case. Not all if it has been the truth. But the time for discerning truth is over and it's time to move on.”..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-executes-lester-bower-states-oldest-prisoner-death/story?id=31498367
-------------------------------

Thinking of all of you today and wishing good health to all.

I went to see "The Lion King" traveling Broadway production in Philadelphia last night with my husband, daughter and a friend of hers who gallops race horses at the track. Her friend had never seen a Broadway play. The play was phenomenal and the costumes were unbelievable. We had really good seats near the stage and could see every single detail. Her friend was absolutely enthralled and overjoyed. It was like watching a child on Christmas morning, yet she is 21! I am so glad we were able to share this experience with her.

If the traveling show comes to a playhouse near you, I highly recommend it. There are so more plays I would love to see. Does anyone have any recommendations?

BBM I don't go to plays anymore (since I moved away from NYC) so, no help from me. :sheesh: I'm glad that you, your family, and your young friend had a good time. I just love going to plays.

When I lived in NYC I did see these plays: (mostly the 70's and 80's)

I remember Mama (with Liv Ullmann)
Pippin (with Ben Vereen)
Peter Pan (with Sandy Duncan)

I went to more, but I can't remember them. :sheesh:

When I moved here, I went to the opera with my then DIL at the Glimmerglass Opera in Cooperstown. We saw Orfeo ed Euridice- just wonderful.

[video=youtube;FftzdYtSoLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FftzdYtSoLg[/video]

Hey all!

snipped by me...

Wonder why they skipped Windows 9?? :waitasec: And the other bold - that's why my Huz doesn't want Win10, you can't pick what you want updated on your computer. So we shall see. Good til 2020!! I'll probably have a new laptop anyway!

or incarcerated!! :jail:

well... talked with my bro this morning, plus just received an email from my sister after she talked with Terre. My bro didn't know too much about the biopsy results, so I waited to tell you all when I heard from my sister. Doesn't sound good... :tears:
my comments in blue.

Hi All,
We just talked to Terre.
The good news: The cancer has not progressed into his stomach. The bleeding was a result of the tumors in the liver pushing on the stomach. But they have been able to stop the bleeding. The nasogastric tube that was placed to relieve pressure in his stomach has been removed. They said he could eat today, and he ate some popcicles. He may be released home tomorrow. Rather than referring him to the UCLA cancer center, they are referring him to a clinic in Santa Clarita. they live near there And, the treatment is going to be oral chemo pills similar to what Monik is taking.
The kind of cancer is Hepatocellular carcinoma. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatocellular_carcinoma
The medication is Sorafenib. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorafenib
The bad news: As Jr told Ligit, the cancer has metastasized, to his lungs he told me this morning and it is so advanced that he is not eligible for a transplant. However they did not tell them what stage it is at. (As you know, generally cancer is staged from I to IV, IV being the worst.) In response to Monika’s question “Did they give him a Life Expectancy estimate?”, Terre said “They did, but I don’t want to put a number on it. We want him to celebrate his 63rd birthday”. he just celebrated his 62nd in May So it sounds like the doctors are indicating less than a year. The Wikipedia article says the disease is usually deadly within 3 to 6 months. And the doctors are talking more about “Quality of Life” than about treatment.
That’s all from here for now.

:tears: haven't read the links to what kind of cancer; sort of scared to! :eek:

off to read my book :read: see you tomorrow!

:wave:

I hate the news about your brother's health :(- I'm so sorry.

The only thing I can say is- I'll ride the waves with you till the storm calms- we all will, here on The Sidebar. We're here to listen whenever you need us- you are never alone.

Go forward in your journey knowing you are surrounded by love and support and have the hope to believe that all things are possible.

Your brother, you and your family will be in my daily prayers.

Remember these things:

You don't always have to hold yourself together (Corinthians 12:9)
--

"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense regardless of how it turns out."
~Barbara Johnson
--

"Hope" is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops — at all....
~Emily Dickinson, c.1861
---

We love you :heartbeat:

:therethere:

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...qQQCTeFnTKEWjMf0Ja2iwdnoIaUFVyWuTg7OhYXmY6o6e
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Lord, Y/N, did you have to post my picture???

Ahh, but I love my dogs just the same ...... and the love me right back. No matter how frumpy I look in the mornings, or how many clumsy moves I make.

Y/N, your words to Niner were beautiful. You always lift me, as I am sure you do for others.

Thank you all for the kind words! :loveyou: they brought a few tears to my eyes - you are SO special - thank you again!

I was thinking of sending him the book "Heaven is for Real" - I know it's a bogus book, but I believe in the Afterlife! I'm going to sit down and write a letter to my bro about this, and hopefully will give him comfort in knowing that our mom and dad will greet him when he crosses over... :luv: he's missed them so much!

I found this in my Time Magazine that I wanted to share with you all!

Legends of Longevity
The oldest man in Nebraska, 110-year old Mark B., recently revealed that his secret to a long life is... drinking a can of beer a day! "he always joked that was his medicine," his daughter told the Omana World-Herald. The practice sounds odd, to be sure, but Mr. B isn't the first centenarian to offer an unconventional wellness tip. Here, a look at five others:

Drinking lots of coffee - (thought of our coffeejunkie) - Downing Kay of Baltimore, who is 107
Staying away from men - Jessie Galian of Aberdeen, Scotland, who lived to be 109
Eating raw eggs - Emma Morano-Martinuzzi of Verbania, Italy, who is 115
Sunbathing - Jiroemom Kimura of Kyotango, Japan, who lived to be 116
Eating sushi - Misao Okawa of Osaka, Japan, who lived to be 117

and... Angeline Jolie is 40 years old today!

and found this picture somewhere! Reminded me of YESorNO's Wheelie!!

again - thank you all for the very kind words - WS wouldn't let me "Thank" all your posts... :gaah: but I did!

Attachments

• Sad.jpg
    Sad.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 129
And now to make you think....

10 Mind-Blowing Theories That Will Change Your Perception of the World

Reality is not as obvious and simple as we like to think. Some of the things that we accept as true at face value are notoriously wrong. Scientists and philosophers have made every effort to change our common perceptions of it. The 10 examples below will show you what I mean.

1. Great glaciation.

Great glaciation is the theory of the final state that our universe is heading toward. The universe has a limited supply of energy. According to this theory, when that energy finally runs out, the universe will devolve into a frozen state. Heat energy produced by the motion of the particles, heat loss, a natural law of the universe, means that eventually this particle motion will slow down and, presumably, one day everything will stop.

2. Solipsism.

Solipsism is a philosophical theory, which asserts that nothing exists but the individual’s consciousness. At first it seems silly – and who generally got it into his head completely deny the existence of the world around us? Except when you put your mind to it, it really is impossible to verify anything but your own consciousness.

Don’t you believe me? Think a moment and think of all the possible dreams that you have experienced in your life. Is it not possible that everything around you is nothing but an incredibly intricate dream? But we have people and things around us that we cannot doubt, because we can hear, see, smell, taste and feel them, right? Yes, and no. People who take LSD, for example, say that they can touch the most convincing hallucinations, but we do not claim that their visions are “reality”. Your dreams simulate sensations as well, after all, what you perceive is what different sections of your brain tell you to.

As a result, which parts of existence can we not doubt? None. Not the chicken we ate for dinner or the keyboard beneath our fingers. Each of us can only be sure in his own thoughts.

3. Idealist Philosophy

George Berkeley, the father of Idealism, argued that everything exists as an idea in someone’s mind. Berkley discovered that some of his comrades considered his theory stupid. The story goes that one of his detractors kicked a stone with his eyes closed and said, “There I’ve disproved it!”

The idea being that if the stone really only exists in his imagination, he could not have kicked it with his eyes closed. Refutation of Berkeley is hard to understand, especially in these days. He argued that there is an omnipotent and omnipresent God, who sees all and all at once. Realistic, or not?

4. Plato and Logos.

reality illusionEverybody has heard of Plato. He is the world’s most famous philosopher. Like all philosophers he had a few things to say about reality. He argued that beyond our perceived reality there lies a world of “perfect” forms. Everything that we see is just a shade, an imitation of how things truly are. He argued that by studying philosophy we have a chance of catching a glimpse of how things truly are, of discovering the perfect forms of everything we perceive.

In addition to this stunning statement, Plato, being a monist, said that everything is made of a single substance. Which means (according to him) that diamonds, gold and dog feces all consist of the same basic material, but in a different form, which, with science’s discovery of atoms and molecules, has been proven true to an extent.

5. Presentism.

Time is something that we perceive as a matter of course, if we view it at the moment, we usually divide it into past, present and future. Presentism argues that the past and the future are imagined concepts, while only the present is real.

In other words, today’s breakfast and every word of this article will cease to exist after you have read it, until you open it again. The future is just as imaginary, because time cannot exist before and after it happened, as claimed by St. Augustine.

6. Eternalism.

Enternalism is the exact opposite of presentism. This is a philosophical theory that says that time is multi-layered. It can be compared to a pound cake (however, unlike the time, a biscuit is not up for philosophical debate). All time exists simultaneously, but the measurement is determined by the observer. What he sees depends on which point he is looking at.

Thus dinosaurs, World War II and Justin Bieber all exist simultaneously but can only be observed from a specific location. If one takes this view of reality then the future is hopeless and the deterministic free will is illusory.

7. The Brain in a Jar

The “brain in a jar” thought experiment is a question discussed by thinkers and scientists, who, like most people, believe that human’s understanding of reality depends solely on his subjective feelings.

So, what is the debate? Imagine that you are just a brain in a jar that is run by aliens or mad scientists. How would you know? And can you truly deny the possibility that this is your reality?

This is a modern interpretation of the Cartesian evil demon problem. This thought experiment leads to the same conclusion: we cannot confirm the actual existence of anything except our consciousness. If this seems to sound reminiscent of the movie “The Matrix“, it is only because this idea was part of the very basis of the story. Unfortunately, in reality we have no red pills…

8. The Multiverse Theory

multiverse realityAnyone who has not spent the last ten years on a desert island, has at least once heard of “the multiverse”, or parallel universes. As many of us have seen, parallel words, in theory, are worlds very similar to ours, with little (or in some cases, large) changes or differences. The multiverse theory speculates that there could exist an infinite number of these alternate realities.

What’s the point? In a parallel reality you have already killed the dinosaurs, and you are lying under the ground at a depth of eight feet (because that’s what happened there.) In the other you might be a powerful dictator. In another you might never have even been born since your parents never met. Now that’s a memorable image.

9. Fictional realism.

This is the most fascinating branch of multiverse theory. Superman is real. Yes, some of you would probably choose a different story, for argument’s sake, Harry Potter might be real too. This branch of the theory argues that given an infinite number of universes, everything must exist somewhere. So, all of our favorite fiction and fantasy may be descriptive of an alternate universe, one where all the right pieces came in to place to make it happen.

10. Phenomenalism.

Everyone is interested in what happens to things when we aren’t looking at them. Scientists have carefully studied this problem and some of them came to a simple conclusion – they disappear. Well, not quite like this. Phenomenalist philosophers believe that objects only exist as a phenomenon of consciousness. So, your laptop is only here while you are aware of, and believe in its existence, but when you turn away from it, it ceases to exist until you or someone else interacts with it. There is no existence without perception. This is the root of phenomenalism
http://www.learning-mind.com/10-mind-blowing-theories-that-will-change-your-perception-of-the-world/

One of my favorites. Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr, and Anne Uumellmahaye ( voice by Sissy Spacek).

[video=youtube;Bq5vt_KUj5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Bq5vt_KUj5o[/video]

Clarence Gideon is arrested and charged with breaking into a poolroom in Florida. His case managed to change one the chief principles of American criminal justice .
In Gideon v. Wainwright, in the Supreme Court it was ruled that a fair trial "cannot be realized if the poor man charged with [the] crime has to face his accusers without a lawyer to assist him."
Due to Clarence Gideon's perseverance, every criminal suspect is entitled to representation by a lawyer.

I agree with this except for people like Jodi Arais and her free lawyers who use and abuse the system. OH and Casey too.

This is a sad day for many websleuthers. We would come to know this man, and love him without ever meeting him. I am so glad Travis had Dave Hall, Chris and Skye Hughes, and many more loved ones and friends.

[video=youtube;ZHT5ii-lLmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHT5ii-lLmI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

So much sadness on the thread since I was here yesterday :( I do wish there was more I could say or do. Wish I had a way with words of wisdom letting you know how my heart aches for you. All I can do is pray. God Bless!

(((((Hugs))))) Niner, Zuri, LinasK

Thank-you! I've been in a crying mood all morning, but I went in and did my volunteer job at my daughter's school library and was able to talk with the librarian whom I've become friendly with. Went out and treated myself to a good sandwich for lunch. (To add to the stress level, her teachers are pouring on projects until the last minute of school, even though all the textbooks have been collected!) DD was up 'till almost 12:30 last night and still didn't get her history assignment done.

Thank-you! I've been in a crying mood all morning, but I went in and did my volunteer job at my daughter's school library and was able to talk with the librarian whom I've become friendly with. Went out and treated myself to a good sandwich for lunch. (To add to the stress level, her teachers are pouring on projects until the last minute of school, even though all the textbooks have been collected!) DD was up 'till almost 12:30 last night and still didn't get her history assignment done.

Thinking of you..Xoxo

Just wanted to say hi. Feeling very tired today. Hubs will have a 3-day weekend, so I may not be around much until Monday. You all are the best!

Kelly has a few words for that "person" in Florida:

Caylee Anthony We Will Not Forget You Or The ***** That Killed You

http://reallybigmeandog.com/2015/06...-not-forget-you-or-the-*****-that-killed-you/
----------------------

Casey Anthony in talks with NBC for first interview since acquittal

"...Sources confirmed to Page Six that Anthony then met with NBC News’ top booker, Matt Zimmerman, at the Peacock Network’s 30 Rock headquarters. Zimmerman is the senior booking producer for “Today,” but insiders say he oversees a booking unit that also works across all NBC News shows...."

http://pagesix.com/2015/06/02/casey-anthony-in-talks-with-nbc-for-first-interview-since-acquittal/
-------------------------------------------------------------

Casey Anthony Reportedly in Talks with NBC for TV Deal

"...Now, Page Six’s Emily Smith reports that Anthony met with a “top booker” at the news network. The company declined to comment, but Smith reports that an unnamed source told her “News divisions meet with people in the news all the time — as of now, nothing is planned.”

Except Anthony isn’t in the news, and hasn’t been for years — the only potential news value here is a big, tell-all, “breaking her silence” type sitdown where she insists once again to a different audience that she didn’t kill her daughter...."

http://jezebel.com/casey-anthony-reportedly-in-talks-with-nbc-for-tv-deal-1708685155
----------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

No Casey Anthony interview on horizon, despite meeting with NBC News producers: sources

"Casey Anthony may finally be ready to tell her side of the story — but so far she can't get anyone to listen....

But a top NBC executive told the News,"There are no plans to do an interview or anything else with Casey Anthony," ..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...met-nbc-producers-interview-article-1.2245005
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

So- who wants to listen to lies coming out of the lying-liar's mouth. :ignore:

:hilarious:

Yesssssss!!!!!

This quote from that last article made me choke:

"The 29-year-old former party girl fared less well in the court of public opinion, essentially having been forced into hiding and having trouble landing a job."

bbm

HA!!! Seriously? Her whole goal in life was to find someone to fund her party-girl lifestyle and avoid work like the plague.

Anyway...the only job she is actually qualified for is illegal in most states. Try Nevada, snowflake. lol

BUT...good news...sure hope it's true!

Thank you all for the kind words! :loveyou: they brought a few tears to my eyes - you are SO special - thank you again!

I was thinking of sending him the book "Heaven is for Real" - I know it's a bogus book, but I believe in the Afterlife! I'm going to sit down and write a letter to my bro about this, and hopefully will give him comfort in knowing that our mom and dad will greet him when he crosses over... :luv: he's missed them so much!

I found this in my Time Magazine that I wanted to share with you all!

Legends of Longevity
The oldest man in Nebraska, 110-year old Mark B., recently revealed that his secret to a long life is... drinking a can of beer a day! "he always joked that was his medicine," his daughter told the Omana World-Herald. The practice sounds odd, to be sure, but Mr. B isn't the first centenarian to offer an unconventional wellness tip. Here, a look at five others:

Drinking lots of coffee - (thought of our coffeejunkie) - Downing Kay of Baltimore, who is 107
Staying away from men - Jessie Galian of Aberdeen, Scotland, who lived to be 109
Eating raw eggs - Emma Morano-Martinuzzi of Verbania, Italy, who is 115
Sunbathing - Jiroemom Kimura of Kyotango, Japan, who lived to be 116
Eating sushi - Misao Okawa of Osaka, Japan, who lived to be 117

and... Angeline Jolie is 40 years old today!

and found this picture somewhere! Reminded me of YESorNO's Wheelie!!

again - thank you all for the very kind words - WS wouldn't let me "Thank" all your posts... :gaah: but I did!

BBM:

I haven't read that book, but I looked it up on Amazon. In addition (or as an alternative), I would recommend Glimpsing Heaven by Judy Bachrach.

She's an excellent writer--spare and eloquent--and brings a non-judgmental and unbiased view of near-death experiences. She interviewed a number of people who've had the experience, as well as many doctors and scientists. Plus, she's a great storyteller; it's a fascinating read.

I found it comforting that most people who have gone through the experience report feeling utter joy and a sense of being totally at peace. Many were reluctant--even angry--about being brought back to this realm. But also, significantly, many of them went on to live their mortal lives no longer having a fear of death.

Another thing that I like about this book is that she reports near-death experiences from the POV of a wide variety of people, including both theist and atheist individuals. Just adding that because some people (perhaps your brother?) may get turned off by overtly "Christian" stuff.

HTH

http://www.amazon.com/Glimpsing-Heaven-Stories-Science-After/dp/1426215142

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members